First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Fed up

Blairsville, GA

#1 Sep 3, 2013
Just read this weeks paper when I saw on the front page our electric bills are going up again on October 1st! They say they need to do this to stay in business....maybe you would not have that problem if you did not make a mansion out of the new EMC building! I went in there with shock with fancy portraits and a luxury fire place. This is a place of business not the home of the CEO or whatever! Wasteful spending! Go to hell TVA as well as the higher Up's! I have nothing but Respect for the workers there that earn a living and go out and fix the down lines etc... This is for you Mafia TVA and the ones that are in charge! Guess what's coming? WINTER! This is all being planned out to rape us through the winter obviously. Grrrrr!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
BRMEMC

Commerce, GA

#2 Sep 3, 2013
You're Welcome!! Thanks from all the BRMEMC board members that love this high paying job for doing nothing! You folks are great!!! And we love the fireplace for the grandkids. Thanks again!

Mr. Ronnie Burch representing Clay County, NC. Mr. Burch is the Treasurer of the Board.

Mrs. Elois Anderson representing Clay County, NC. Mrs. Anderson is the Secretary of the Board.

Mr. Bill Prather representing Fannin County, GA. Mr. Prather is Assistant Secretary of the Board.

Mr. Bob Ensley representing Union County, GA.

Mr. Jack Lance representing Union County, GA. Mr. Jerry Nichols representing Towns County, GA.

Mr. Kenneth Lance representing Cherokee County, NC.

Mr. Larry Sorgen, legal counsel for BRMEMC.

The President of the Board, Mr. Terry Taylor from Towns County, GA could not be with us this morning.
EMCS

Jefferson, GA

#3 Sep 3, 2013
BRMEMC has the highest EMC rates in the State of Georgia.
Rates are also higher than Georgia Power.
well

Canton, GA

#4 Sep 3, 2013
Is the cost they pay for the electricity public information? It would be nice to see how much (if anything) TVA went up on their cost.
Fed up

Blairsville, GA

#5 Sep 3, 2013
BRMEMC wrote:
You're Welcome!! Thanks from all the BRMEMC board members that love this high paying job for doing nothing! You folks are great!!! And we love the fireplace for the grandkids. Thanks again!
Mr. Ronnie Burch representing Clay County, NC. Mr. Burch is the Treasurer of the Board.
Mrs. Elois Anderson representing Clay County, NC. Mrs. Anderson is the Secretary of the Board.
Mr. Bill Prather representing Fannin County, GA. Mr. Prather is Assistant Secretary of the Board.
Mr. Bob Ensley representing Union County, GA.
Mr. Jack Lance representing Union County, GA. Mr. Jerry Nichols representing Towns County, GA.
Mr. Kenneth Lance representing Cherokee County, NC.
Mr. Larry Sorgen, legal counsel for BRMEMC.
The President of the Board, Mr. Terry Taylor from Towns County, GA could not be with us this morning.
Do you think your post with all them board members is supposed to make me feel ashamed or something? In most companies you would be fired Posting on unofficial outlets in such a manner. You have no competing electric service in this area so, my question to you is what would you do it there's other competing companies? Go bankrupt? I very much doubt lowering the rates or keeping it at the current rate will hurt EMC in this area. How much I wonder the rate will be in five to ten years? I shutter to know..
Just a thought

Dawsonville, GA

#6 Sep 3, 2013
BREMC will remain a loose supervised and poorly run company with unfit management personnel until rates finally get up high enough that people will take a stand. You can elect new directors every year but if someone went to the trouble to run you wouldn't vote.
F E M C

Cleveland, GA

#7 Sep 4, 2013
I'm fine with them not staying in business. As a community it would be best if we refused the latest attempt at extortion. The constantly push the bounds of what the poor people of this area will stand for.

Call their bluff, or let them shut down..GA Power will come in and rates will be lower in the end.
no air no heat

Cleveland, GA

#8 Sep 4, 2013
The reason BRMEMC is not making money is because no one can afford to run their air conditioner. That is a luxury we can not afford.

Heat, I use my propane fireplace. It's warmer and cheaper.

With out using any BRMEMC heat or air my bill is still in the $80.00's . It use to be that much with running heat and air. No more, can't afford it and now they are going to stick it to us again.

Besides what's up with the customer service fee?
Ask ANYONE that has another EMC besides ours if they have a customer service charge. You won't find anyone because I have asked people in our surrounding areas.

They build the mansion in a time when everyone pays their bills online. Not many even go inside. Did they really need a building that size in our little mountain towns?
My Two Senses

Blairsville, GA

#9 Sep 4, 2013
EMCS wrote:
BRMEMC has the highest EMC rates in the State of Georgia.
Rates are also higher than Georgia Power.
EMCs in Georgia are unregulated monopolies. Georgia Power is regulated by the state. The rate increase by TVA is going to be 1.5%. BRMEMC's rate increase is "3 percent to 6 percent" per the newspaper article. However, the next sentence in the article says that there's an increase of 6.28% for some customers. That looks greater than the 6% previously stated. The increase is, in fact, a primary result of having to pay for its Taj Mahal. The board had no foresight to predict the economic slump? the housing slump? etc? Give me a break!!! I sure wouldn't want any of them being my husband and running a household. Oh, maybe they could, though, since it would be there OWN money and not others that effectively have no say-so.

TVA President and CEO Bill Johnson said TVA's priorities include "living within our means" by bringing operations and maintenance expenses in line with recent trends in declining electricity sales and revenues.

"Demand for our product is down and that won't change anytime soon. The weather, the economy, energy efficiency/demand response, and rate design are all factors," Johnson said. "We're working harder than ever to reduce our costs, but they are not declining at the rate of our sales and revenues."

TVA is doing the right thing. BRMEMC should do the right thing.
Truth

Jefferson, GA

#10 Sep 4, 2013
Don't like the rates cut the lines to your house and generate your own power.
But please stop all your whining.
Costs go up the new office should have been built years ago.
look at this

Blairsville, GA

#11 Sep 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are.

Also, if you had said "a new office" instead of "the new office" some would have agreed. But, you didn't.
Reddy wheres my pay

Commerce, GA

#12 Sep 4, 2013
well duh. did you not realize that when you signed up and paid for their energy reduction programs, that they would up your rates when the consumption went down.

The turnip truck expression comes to mind.
Just a thought

Dawsonville, GA

#13 Sep 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
You must be a big wig at the EMC. How did I know? You showed your intelligence.
Truth

Jefferson, GA

#14 Sep 4, 2013
Just a thought wrote:
<quoted text>You must be a big wig at the EMC. How did I know? You showed your intelligence.
Another shriner
Sorry should have been whiner
Bet you don't complain when your welfare check goes up
Just a thought

Commerce, GA

#15 Sep 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Another shriner
Sorry should have been whiner
Bet you don't complain when your welfare check goes up
BO Bo I worked for what i get. Bet you can't say the same.
Fed up

United States

#16 Sep 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
You can go to hell too you piece of shit. I work two jobs a week for about $370 a week take home pay. It's easy for you to say that when you are middle class or higher. That's my only income. I receive no welfare at all. I can't afford high dollar solar panels or whatever and besides EMC made sure you can't use solar panels without breaking Some stupid laws without agreeing to share your power with EMC. Think before you post your garbage idiot. I have no choice with another company because BRMEMC is the supreme Mafia for these parts! I am so glad you don't have to worry About rates going up because you are so wealthy Asshole. Some of us don't make much money like you supposedly do. I have about 100 to 200 bucks Extra a Month to use for whatever. Winter time it's zero you ignorant half back jackass.
Fed up

United States

#17 Sep 4, 2013
Sorry you're......before grammar Nazi's strike. Pshh....
Justa Wondering

Blairsville, GA

#18 Sep 4, 2013
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
You can go to hell too you piece of shit. I work two jobs a week for about $370 a week take home pay. It's easy for you to say that when you are middle class or higher. That's my only income. I receive no welfare at all. I can't afford high dollar solar panels or whatever and besides EMC made sure you can't use solar panels without breaking Some stupid laws without agreeing to share your power with EMC. Think before you post your garbage idiot. I have no choice with another company because BRMEMC is the supreme Mafia for these parts! I am so glad you don't have to worry About rates going up because you are so wealthy Asshole. Some of us don't make much money like you supposedly do. I have about 100 to 200 bucks Extra a Month to use for whatever. Winter time it's zero you ignorant half back jackass.
I wonder if the board members and key employees at BRMEMC get free electricity or drastically reduced rates.
Fed up

United States

#19 Sep 4, 2013
Justa Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if the board members and key employees at BRMEMC get free electricity or drastically reduced rates.
Would not surprise me if they did. I just hope I can make it through winter time. I can't afford propane. Maybe I could use a small tank and a small scale burner with propane perhaps. I live in a small place but my electricity jumps from 80 or 120 to about 200 or 280 bucks a month in winter time using electric heaters. Now it's going up again of course almost once or twice a year they raise rates. I hate to see it five years from now.
TEA PARTY TIME

Cornelia, GA

#20 Sep 4, 2013
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
EXCELLENT POST.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dumpy, rundown trailer GONE ! 5 hr Solution 13
Rib Country Waitress 8 hr F You 80
BOTULISM Dented cans, leaking cans expired cans 12 hr You NASTY 21
Disgraced Judge Barrett to Practice Law in Clev... (Apr '12) Tue You suck 9
Iraq Veterans and Cancer (May '15) Tue USMC 8
Dogs riding in Walmart GROCERY Shopping Carts (Jul '14) Mon Woman 118
To the Mayor of blairsville ga Jun 26 safe 14

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance