where i was born

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#761 Oct 14, 2013
THE TIME IS NOW



Recently Freedom Outpost published an article called

The Fall of the American Republic

It contained this quote from Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor in 1887, who had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years prior:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse over loose fiscal policy,(which is) always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage."

It continues on to point out some interesting facts concerning the last Presidential election that many Americans simply don’t know or choose to ignore.

You may wish to read these several times. Your own fact checking will mean more to you.

·Number of States won by: Obama: 19 Romney: 29
·Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 Romney: 2,427,000
·Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million Romney: 143 million
·Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Obama: 13.2 Romney: 2.1

In aggregate, the map of the territory Romney won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country. Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low income tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

So it appears the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental
dependency" phase..

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal’s - and they vote - then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

Just this week, four straight days of almost non-stop rain didn’t thwart the thousands of protesters who band together their efforts from two distinct groups, American Military Veterans and their loved ones young and old, along with truck drivers in Tractor-trailer rigs rolled into downtown D.C., horns blaring, as police vehicles were arrayed to block their paths. Crowds of veterans and citizens formed nearby, with loud shouts for the police to move their vehicles out of the way.

General outrage has developed across the land, over the perception that the federal government has been deploying far more personnel, and other expensive resources, just to close off certain national parks and Memorials such as the Vietnam War memorial and the World War II memorial especially noted for being basically open-air displays, essentially requiring no significant operational management on the part of government.

While further aggravating many citizens’ sense of betrayal by their government is the fact that a number of democrat members of congress turned out on the mall earlier this week to host a massive rally of illegal aliens right there on the otherwise allegedly closed Mall, with vast expense to the taxpaying citizens adding insult to injury when it was disclosed how many extra police were deployed to basically protect and host the rally–all while actual American citizens were forbidden from accessing the Mall!

The Time is Now, don’t ignore these short warnings; apathy is the greatest threat to our freedoms.

(continued)

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#763 Oct 14, 2013
(continued)

All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for a few good men to do nothing.~ Edmund Burke~

The Time is Now to refresh the Tree of Liberty, for Patriots to rise up for battle, as our Forefathers did so very long ago. Don’t sit and do nothing, not to speak is to speak, not to act is to act. The Time is Now to take our Country Back. Stand for something and speak out, let our voices be heard.



sources: Donald Joy, ClashDaily
The Fall of the American Republic - Freedom Outpost
union

Carnesville, GA

#764 Oct 15, 2013
Thanks for posting that, GA-LAW-FF. It is so very true, and it is time for Americans to wake up. We are getting very stupid and losing all our common sense.

Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#765 Oct 15, 2013
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
THE TIME IS NOW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Tebu2NTUXnEXX
Recently Freedom Outpost published an article called
The Fall of the American Republic
Toooooooo funny, just another chain mail hoax, like so many you've posted.

This one goes back to 2000, came out again in 2004, again in 2008, and now again for 2012. Too bad the liars that distribute this crapola aren't smart enough to do anything more than change the name of the candidates.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/01/unreported-s...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/athenia...

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#766 Oct 15, 2013
union wrote:
Thanks for posting that, GA-LAW-FF. It is so very true, and it is time for Americans to wake up. We are getting very stupid and losing all our common sense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =85hzg2SMF9UXX
Thanks Union.

I believe the video/audio THE TIME IS NOW holds the most truth for what is necessary for those of us wishing to awaken our fellow American to the every day dangers leading to the destruction of our once Great Nation.

It’s imperative that our voices are heard. Our news medias are clearly biased, unreliable, not reporting the new, or cherry picking reporting for obvious reasons.

So, it falls upon each loyal American to make an individual stand, spread the reality of those openly attempting to destroy our traditional beliefs and way of life, replacing them instead with intolerance for our religion, and a determination to force us into a system of progressive, socialism and totalitarian rule.

The post you refer to, contained information obtained from the sources I provided, infiltrated with some comments, thoughts, and modifications of my own.

Although topix is now mostly infested with menial distractions, and in many cases just plain mean spirited annoyances, it still provides a forum to communicate worthy causes, and create awareness’ of issues.

I intend to again begin to make such posting. As this thread is becoming crowed/dated it may be wise to start another. I hope you will visit often and contribute.

Warnings beware of the trolls, as you may see they bite, nevertheless for the most part they are mindless, clueless, and have no teeth. I find them easy to navigate around.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#767 Oct 15, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Toooooooo funny, just another chain mail hoax, like so many you've posted.
This one goes back to 2000, came out again in 2004, again in 2008, and now again for 2012. Too bad the liars that distribute this crapola aren't smart enough to do anything more than change the name of the candidates.
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/01/unreported-s...
http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/athenia...
What a tangled web we weave, when at first we practice to deceive.

Again, your purpose is simple, and that is to confuse an issue. Comparing apples to oranges is no way to prove your case.

Both examples you site provide stats for OTHER elections (2000, 2008) and do NOT dispute the 2012 Romney – Obama General Election statics.

The other information wasn’t disputed it was simply a historic prelude.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#768 Oct 15, 2013
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
What a tangled web we weave, when at first we practice to deceive.
Again, your purpose is simple, and that is to confuse an issue. Comparing apples to oranges is no way to prove your case.
Both examples you site provide stats for OTHER elections (2000, 2008) and do NOT dispute the 2012 Romney – Obama General Election statics.
The other information wasn’t disputed it was simply a historic prelude.
It's all very plain and clear, you are continuing a deception that was begun in response to the 2000 Presidential Election. As you can see the stats that you find so illuminating and relevant were lies when applied to the 2008 election and are still lies when appiled to the 2012 election (and some of them were lies when used in 2000).

Here's a clue, look real close at the numbers there are all the SAME, except for number of state won in 2008 (and even that is wrong), only the names have been changed from the orignal 2000 chain email for 2008 and 2012.

A word of advice, do some fact checking before you post this cropola, it'll keep the egg off your face.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/athenia...
(Collected via e-mail, December 2000)
At about the time our original 13 states adopted their new constitution, in the year 1787, Alexander Tyler (a Scottish history professor at The University of Edinborough) had this to say about "The Fall of The Athenian Republic" some 2,000 years prior:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
It contained this quote from Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor in 1887, who had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years prior:
..........
As you can plainly see the original paragrapgh from the 2000 version of this chain mail has been slightly reworked and no longer appears to refernce a specific work, but now treats it as an event.

"The Fall of The Athenian Republic"

the fall of the Athenian Republic

Regardless, the actual source of the quote is unverified and appears to be an almalgamation of sources that have been cobbled together.
http://www.lorencollins.net/tytler.html
==========
http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/athenia...
(Collected via e-mail, December 2000)

Population of counties won by:
Gore = 127 million
Bush = 143 million

Square miles of land won by:
Gore = 580,000
Bush = 2,2427,000

States won by:
Gore = 19
Bush = 29

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:
Gore = 13.2
Bush = 2.1
..........
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/01/unreported-s...
(Collected via e-mail, 2008)

-Population of counties won by:
Democrats: 127 million;
Republicans: 143 million

-Square miles of land won by:
Democrats: 580,000;
Republicans: 2,427,000

-Number of States won by:
Democrats: 20;
Republicans: 30

-Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:
Democrats: 13.2;
Republicans: 2.1
..........
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
·Population of counties won by:
Obama: 127 million
Romney: 143 million

·Square miles of land won by:
Obama: 580,000
Romney: 2,427,000

Number of States won by:
Obama: 19
Romney: 29

·Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:
Obama: 13.2
Romney: 2.1
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#769 Oct 15, 2013
332
OBAMA
ELECTORAL VOTES

vs.

206
ROMNEY
ELECTORAL VOTES

POPULAR VOTE

OBAMA 65,899,660 51.1%
ROMNEY 60,932,152 47.2%
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#770 Oct 15, 2013
Of the Top Ten educated states:

Obama took all 10;

Of the bottom 10 educated states:

Romney took 9 of the 10.

There is an important message in that statistic.
Duh

Orlando, FL

#771 Oct 15, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
Of the Top Ten educated states:
Obama took all 10;
Of the bottom 10 educated states:
Romney took 9 of the 10.
There is an important message in that statistic.
That education is a waste of time?
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

#772 Oct 15, 2013
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>That education is a waste of time?
If your in one of the 10 least educated states, I bet that's the answer.

If your in one of the better educated states states I bet the answer is dramatically different.

Kind if why least educated states continue to remain among the most government dependent. Socialism is America had protected the least educated and poorest states since Roosevelt.

“Nuff said!”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#774 Oct 15, 2013
For goodness sakes are we on the Romney Obama thing again. Didn't one of them lose? Didn't Obama inherit the worst presidency and circumstances ever? Please don't scare me with the name Romney again. I hate to tell all of you but the American people and the election process have spoken we did not want Romney-Ryan or McCain-Palin. I am not gloating but if they had been so spectacular don't you think Obama would not have had a chance. I need only say one more word here and its BUSH! Did the Republican party and let's not forget the Tea Party think the economy could recover overnight after the fiasco of 2008? Listen people use your brain and think for a change.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#775 Nov 17, 2013
America’s Christian Heritage

"The Christian foundation of the United States is indisputable. Though a few may have a problem with that --- you would need a wrecking ball to get rid of it."

“If we as a people are grateful to those who have labored and sacrificed through their sufferings for the civil and religious liberties that we have today, could we as a people stand down when we all know that we should stand up?”~Bradley Dean~

That is the personal decision before each of us now. I pray the Nation as whole will make theirs soon.

http://youtu.be/IkRxTa1a7qc

http://patriotupdate.com/articles/bradlee-dea...
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#776 Nov 18, 2013
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
AmericaÂ’s Christian Heritage

"The Christian foundation of the United States is indisputable. Though a few may have a problem with that --- you would need a wrecking ball to get rid of it."

“If we as a people are grateful to those who have labored and sacrificed through their sufferings for the civil and religious liberties that we have today, could we as a people stand down when we all know that we should stand up?”~Bradley Dean~

That is the personal decision before each of us now. I pray the Nation as whole will make theirs soon.

http://youtu.be/IkRxTa1a7qc

http://patriotupdate.com/articles/bradlee-dea...
Damn those pesky Founding Fathers.

How they feared a Christian Taliban.

"Religious institutions that use government power in support of themselves and force their views on persons of other faiths, or of no faith, undermine all our civil rights.

Moreover, state support of an established religion tends to make the clergy unresponsive to their own people, and leads to corruption within religion itself.

Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society."

Thomas Jefferson
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#777 Nov 18, 2013
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
America’s Christian Heritage
"The Christian foundation of the United States is indisputable. Though a few may have a problem with that --- you would need a wrecking ball to get rid of it."
While America's Christian Hertiage is laudable it is by no means monolihic, from the differnces among the 13 colonies, to regional differences based on race...

1776-1865: from BONDAGE to HOLY WAR
Abolition and the Splintering of the Church
http://www.pbs.org/thisfarbyfaith/journey_2/p...

...During the 1840s and 50s, several of America's largest denominations faced internal struggles over the issue of slavery. Even earlier, in 1838, the Presbyterians split over the question.

...The southern members withdrew and formed the Southern Baptist Convention, which eventually grew to become the largest Protestant denomination in the U.S. The Baptist denomination officially split in 1845,

...The split in the Methodist Episcopal Church came in 1844.

http://racerelations.about.com/od/historyofra...

...In the 21st century, several Christian factions have apologized for their role in supporting slavery, segregation and other forms of racial injustice. The Catholic Church, the Southern Baptist Convention and the United Methodist Church are just a few of the Christian denominations that have admitted to engaging in discriminatory practices and announced that they would instead strive to promote social justice.

...In June 1995, however, the Southern Baptists apologized for supporting racial injustice. At its yearly meeting in Atlanta, the Southern Baptists passed a resolution “to repudiate historic acts of evil, such as slavery, from which we continue to reap a bitter harvest.” The group also specifically apologized to African Americans “for condoning and/or perpetuating individual and systemic racism in our lifetime, and we genuinely repent of racism of which we have been guilty, whether consciously or unconsciously.”

...The United Methodist Church confessed to centuries of racism when delegates to its general conference in 2000 apologized to black churches that fled from the church because of racism.“Racism has lived like a malignancy in the bone marrow of this church for years,” said Bishop William Boyd Grove.“It is high time to say we’re sorry.”

...At its 75th general convention in 2006, the Episcopal Church apologized for supporting the institution of slavery. The church issued a resolution declaring that the institution of slavery “is a sin and a fundamental betrayal of the humanity of all persons who were involved.” The church acknowledged that slavery was a sin in which it had partaken.“The Episcopal Church lent the institution of slavery its support and justification based on Scripture, and after slavery was formally abolished, the Episcopal Church continued for at least a century to support de jure and de facto segregation and discrimination,” the church confessed in its resolution.

...Officials in the Catholic Church acknowledged that racism was morally questionable as far back as 1956 when other churches routinely practiced racial segregation.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#778 Nov 18, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn those pesky Founding Fathers.
How they feared a Christian Taliban.
"Religious institutions that use government power in support of themselves and force their views on persons of other faiths, or of no faith, undermine all our civil rights.
Moreover, state support of an established religion tends to make the clergy unresponsive to their own people, and leads to corruption within religion itself.
Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society."
Thomas Jefferson
But for the sacrifices of our founding fathers you, today, would not have the liberty to berate, and yes in your despicable way “damn” them.

As often done, you take text out of contest. And as we witness here, you misunderstand, and misrepresent the letter of Thomas Jefferson to the Church.

Your liberties are secure because of those you damn and misrepresent.

You are not forced to any belief, but rather chose to attack one that espouses to a universal recognition of a basic set of standards, morals, and values accepted by many religions throughout our World.

Whatever the basis of you obvious bitterness, anger, and general abhorrence with America and those of us who love our Nation, and one of American’s foremost religions; I fail to understand your pleasure in the extremes to which you climb.

As your aspersions become increasingly caustic; your purposes, if ever they had any soundness, dissolve to your obsessive rantings.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#779 Nov 18, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
While America's Christian Hertiage is laudable it is by no means monolihic, from the differnces among the 13 colonies, to regional differences based on race...
1776-1865: from BONDAGE to HOLY WAR
Abolition and the Splintering of the Church
http://www.pbs.org/thisfarbyfaith/journey_2/p...
...During the 1840s and 50s, several of America's largest denominations faced internal struggles over the issue of slavery. Even earlier, in 1838, the Presbyterians split over the question.
...The southern members withdrew and formed the Southern Baptist Convention, which eventually grew to become the largest Protestant denomination in the U.S. The Baptist denomination officially split in 1845,
...The split in the Methodist Episcopal Church came in 1844.
http://racerelations.about.com/od/historyofra...
...In the 21st century, several Christian factions have apologized for their role in supporting slavery, segregation and other forms of racial injustice. The Catholic Church, the Southern Baptist Convention and the United Methodist Church are just a few of the Christian denominations that have admitted to engaging in discriminatory practices and announced that they would instead strive to promote social justice.
...In June 1995, however, the Southern Baptists apologized for supporting racial injustice. At its yearly meeting in Atlanta, the Southern Baptists passed a resolution “to repudiate historic acts of evil, such as slavery, from which we continue to reap a bitter harvest.” The group also specifically apologized to African Americans “for condoning and/or perpetuating individual and systemic racism in our lifetime, and we genuinely repent of racism of which we have been guilty, whether consciously or unconsciously.”
...The United Methodist Church confessed to centuries of racism when delegates to its general conference in 2000 apologized to black churches that fled from the church because of racism.“Racism has lived like a malignancy in the bone marrow of this church for years,” said Bishop William Boyd Grove.“It is high time to say we’re sorry.”
...At its 75th general convention in 2006, the Episcopal Church apologized for supporting the institution of slavery. The church issued a resolution declaring that the institution of slavery “is a sin and a fundamental betrayal of the humanity of all persons who were involved.” The church acknowledged that slavery was a sin in which it had partaken.“The Episcopal Church lent the institution of slavery its support and justification based on Scripture, and after slavery was formally abolished, the Episcopal Church continued for at least a century to support de jure and de facto segregation and discrimination,” the church confessed in its resolution.
...Officials in the Catholic Church acknowledged that racism was morally questionable as far back as 1956 when other churches routinely practiced racial segregation.
I am pleased that you find America’s Christian Heritage laudable, but in many ways it is indeed monolithic as well.

There isn’t a need to confuse the issue. The point is the magnitude of the prevailing evidence of our founding, the words, documents, and acknowledgements of our Christian Heritage.

A debate upon interdenominational theology as well as theocracy is as complex as the debate upon the differences in the various religions in and of themselves.

And that isn’t the point here, but simply distracts from it, in an effort to switch to other and more complex issues.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#780 Nov 19, 2013
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
I am pleased that you find America’s Christian Heritage laudable, but in many ways it is indeed monolithic as well.
There isn’t a need to confuse the issue. The point is the magnitude of the prevailing evidence of our founding, the words, documents, and acknowledgements of our Christian Heritage.
A debate upon interdenominational theology as well as theocracy is as complex as the debate upon the differences in the various religions in and of themselves.
And that isn’t the point here, but simply distracts from it, in an effort to switch to other and more complex issues.
While many love to claim an over-arching Christian Heritage, the only connecting thread in that Heritage is the central figure on the cross. As can be seen in "the magnitude of the prevailing evidence of our founding, the words, documents, and acknowledgements" is that the difference in interpretation is our True Christian Heritage.

Now some insist on wrapping themselves in our Christian Heritage so as to justify all that they say and do, but they wrap themselves in a garment made up of the differences that our Freedom of Religion and Freedom from Religion has fashioned, and much to their disappointment it is not a purely Christian Garment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilgrims_ (Plymouth_Colony)
Pilgrims (US), or Pilgrim Fathers (UK), is a name commonly applied to early settlers of the Plymouth Colony in present-day Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States. Their leadership came from the religious congregations of Brownist English Dissenters who had fled the volatile political environment in England for the relative calm and tolerance of 16th–17th century Holland in the Netherlands. Concerned with losing their cultural identity, the group later arranged with English investors to establish a new colony in North America

http://americanhistory.about.com/cs/coloniala...
Roger Williams was banished to England by the Massachusetts Bay Colony for his beliefs in separation of church and state and freedom of religion. He fled and lived with the Narragansett Indians and formed Providence in 1636.

Anne Hutchinson was also banished for speaking out against the Church in Massachusetts Bay. She formed Portsmouth.

Two other settlements arose and all four joined together with permission from England to form Providence Plantations – later called Rhode Island.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Province_of_Penn...
William Penn and his fellow Quakers heavily imprinted their religious values on the early Pennsylvanian government. The Charter of Privileges extended religious freedom to all monotheists and government was initially open to all Christians.

http://www.history.org/almanack/life/religion...
...In a stark new world, Virginia's English colonists were supported by an ancient and familiar tradition – the established church. The law of the land from 1624 mandated that white Virginians worship in the Anglican church (Church of England) and support its upkeep with their taxes.

...Despite establishment, the religious life of white Virginians was not without diversity. Dissenters from many Protestant sects had settled in the colony from early on – and had long resented the legal restrictions placed on their own practice of religion. Finally, after about 1750, evangelical Christians precipitated a struggle for religious freedom parallel to and often reciprocal with the wider struggle for political independence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Establishment_Cl...
...The Establishment Clause addressed the concerns of members of minority faiths who did not want the federal government to establish a state religion for the entire nation. The Baptists in Virginia, for example, had suffered discrimination prior to the disestablishment of the Anglican church in 1786.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#781 Nov 21, 2013
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
<quoted text>
I am pleased that you find America’s Christian Heritage laudable, but in many ways it is indeed monolithic as well.
There isn’t a need to confuse the issue. The point is the magnitude of the prevailing evidence of our founding, the words, documents, and acknowledgements of our Christian Heritage.
A debate upon interdenominational theology as well as theocracy is as complex as the debate upon the differences in the various religions in and of themselves.
And that isn’t the point here, but simply distracts from it, in an effort to switch to other and more complex issues.
Yes, the central figure on the Cross... Jesus Christ, the center of the Christian religion itself, and of belief in the Triune God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).

Jesus Christ incarnate, the Son, dying upon that Cross for the Salvation of mankind. Avoiding His name doesn’t negate His sacrifice, even for those choosing not to accept it.

Most of the other religions of the world recognize and honor Him, should they accept Him as Savior or not, and as well, many of those predominate religions also recognize the Godhead (Creator, Supreme-Being) and a spirituality of the almighty authority of God.

The point of my postings clearly evidences our Nation to be founded upon the concept and principles of religious freedoms, morals, values, and the recognition of God’s Law, and yes, religious writings in the establishment of a government cognizant of a primary Judeo-Christian belief, and Heritage.

As I previously stated, I think most understand the underlining simplicity of the issue, and the points I intended to make.

Whereas, to exemplify the complexities of Theology, Theocracy, Theolegal Theory, and other more intense scholarly debates here; only serves to overwhelming the reader with TMI and long and boring cuts and pasts, or links, particularly from wikipedia (which many view in countless cases as opinion pieces other than historical fact).

Chase those rabbits if you will, but I don’t see many anxious to follow you into that briar patch to rehash ad-nauseam those tired repetitive debates.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#782 Nov 21, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
While many love to claim an over-arching Christian Heritage, the only connecting thread in that Heritage is the central figure on the cross. As can be seen in "the magnitude of the prevailing evidence of our founding, the words, documents, and acknowledgements" is that the difference in interpretation is our True Christian Heritage.
Now some insist on wrapping themselves in our Christian Heritage so as to justify all that they say and do, but they wrap themselves in a garment made up of the differences that our Freedom of Religion and Freedom from Religion has fashioned, and much to their disappointment it is not a purely Christian Garment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilgrims_ (Plymouth_Colony)
Pilgrims (US), or Pilgrim Fathers (UK), is a name commonly applied to early settlers of the Plymouth Colony in present-day Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States...
http://americanhistory.about.com/cs/coloniala...
Roger Williams was banished to England by the Massachusetts Bay Colony for his beliefs in separation of church and state and freedom of religion. He fled and lived with the Narragansett Indians and formed Providence in 1636.
Anne Hutchinson was also banished for speaking out against the Church in Massachusetts Bay. She formed Portsmouth...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Province_of_Penn...
William Penn and his fellow Quakers heavily imprinted their religious values on the early Pennsylvanian government. The Charter of Privileges extended religious freedom to all monotheists and government was initially open to all Christians.
http://www.history.org/almanack/life/religion...
...In a stark new world, Virginia's English colonists were supported by an ancient and familiar tradition – the established church. The law of the land from 1624 mandated that white Virginians worship in the Anglican church (Church of England) and support its upkeep with their taxes.
...Despite establishment, the religious life of white Virginians was not without diversity. Dissenters from many Protestant sects had settled in the colony from early on – and had long resented the legal restrictions placed on their own practice of religion...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Establishment_Cl...
...The Establishment Clause addressed the concerns of members of minority faiths who did not want the federal government to establish a state religion for the entire nation..'
Yes, the central figure on the Cross-, Jesus Christ, the center of the Christian religion itself, and of belief in the Triune God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).

Jesus Christ incarnate, the Son, dying upon that Cross for the Salvation of mankind. Avoiding His name doesn’t negate His sacrifice, even for those choosing not to accept it.

Most of the other religions of the world recognize and honor Him, should they accept Him as Savior or not, and as well, many of those predominate religions also recognize the Godhead (Creator, Supreme-Being) and a spirituality of the almighty authority of God.

The point of my postings clearly evidences our Nation to be founded upon the concept and principles of religious freedoms, morals, values, and the recognition of God’s Law, and yes, religious writings in the establishment of a government cognizant of a primary Judeo-Christian belief, and Heritage.

As I previously stated, I think most understand the underlining simplicity of the issue, and the points I intended to make.

Whereas, to exemplify the complexities of Theology, Theocracy, Theolegal Theory, and other more intense scholarly debates here; only serves to overwhelming the reader with TMI and long and boring cuts and pasts, or links, particularly from wikipedia (which many view in countless cases as opinion pieces other than historical fact).

Chase those rabbits if you will, but I don’t see many anxious to follow you into that briar patch to rehash ad-nauseam those tired repetitive debates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Still proud of your President? 54 min The laughing Man 205
Sushi Shack 1 hr The WindBag 4
Why are people so rude amd hateful on this page 6 hr back the f off 73
Restaurant health scores (Jun '15) Mon Advertised 31
Dogs riding in Walmart GROCERY Shopping Carts (Jul '14) Mon Dog Gone 130
Thieves... Liars Mon Booty Bandit 15
Shame on you, Blairsville Sep 17 dgd478 21

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages