Posted in the Blairsville Forum

Do as I say not as I do

Cleveland, GA

#1 Oct 20, 2012
Posted: Saturday, October 20th 2012 at 3:48pm
No charges for Macon judge who tested over limit
By The Associated Press
\
MACON, Ga.(AP)-- A Macon judge who registered over the limit for alcohol during a roadside breath test will not face criminal charges.
Bibb County sheriff's deputies allowed Superior Court Judge Howard Simms to drive home Sept. 22 after a breath test showed he was just over the legal limit.
A report says that police didn't write a report or perform additional tests.
Bibb County Solicitor Otis Scarbary said he and another prosecutor met with police to discuss the case. But he said there are no reports or statements. Sheriff Jerry Modena said additional reports and tests might have helped build a case.
Two deputies were reprimanded and suspended after the incident. Simms said in an earlier statement that he was seeking treatment for an alcohol addiction.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#2 Oct 20, 2012
treatment for an alcohol addiction.

Isn't that just another word for a drunk?
Do as I say not as I do

Cleveland, GA

#3 Oct 20, 2012
Floridian wrote:

Isn't that just another word for a drunk?
He's a player. He'll wind up being CHIEF Superior Court Judge. Will be interesting to see how the Judicial Qualifications Commission sees this. Maybe another early retirement with benefits.
dwga

Cleveland, GA

#4 Oct 23, 2012
NO yall have it all wrong... remember they are allowed to resign with full retirement... thats the penality for a Judge committing a crime

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What did Lamar Paris spend SPLOST 3 Funds on? 24 min ACOG 17
Highland Falls 27 min Smarter than dirt 5
floridiots are wierd 31 min Timmy_ 20
NGN 8-26 Akins resigns 37 min Conway 14
First priorities on new EMC board 2 hr GDP 5
Buying used cars 5 hr Raylin Sutter 6
Lamar & SPLOST (Sep '11) 16 hr ACOG 117
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages