serious question

Ellijay, GA

#103 Nov 27, 2012
very evil man couple times did something i'd only seen in movies til he did it. he was saying something about his "lord" would forgive everything he did and that all he cared about was he was right with his "lord" no matter what. he kept shaking his finger and slowly bowing up and down a few times while saying it. sound like any organized religion to anyone?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#104 Nov 28, 2012
Hill Will wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, for the geek mess. I was "piddleing" as my uncle used to say. When you see the code in between brackets when you hit reply that is what makes it appear as a quote. Apparently, it dosen't work for other bracketed codes. When I was growing up I almost burnt the house down several times plugging transformers into ac recepticals. After I was eight years old my poor mother wouldn't go into my room for fear of elecrocution. When computers came along I went down to the BYOC Store and built my own. Now, you understand my strangeness.
Speaking of companies, I guess I had better hit the hay.
You are out there for sure. I did not read that long email except the first line where you are the energizer bunny, hop on buddy but on down the road. I believe you have too much information sitting in your head. God bless your uncle for putting up with you.
Tim

Haldensleben, Germany

#105 Nov 28, 2012
you and your usa are unnacceptable for God.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

#106 Nov 28, 2012
serious question wrote:
very evil man couple times did something i'd only seen in movies til he did it. he was saying something about his "lord" would forgive everything he did and that all he cared about was he was right with his "lord" no matter what. he kept shaking his finger and slowly bowing up and down a few times while saying it. sound like any organized religion to anyone?
Was his name Charles Manson by any chance?
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

#107 Nov 28, 2012
Laurel Wood wrote:
<quoted text>You are out there for sure. I did not read that long email except the first line where you are the energizer bunny, hop on buddy but on down the road. I believe you have too much information sitting in your head. God bless your uncle for putting up with you.
Tuff crowd! I see what you are saying. Rather than persuring emotional experiend or trying to accumulate religious knowledge, we should be learing to live in a world that God made. It sounds like you have nailed simple religion.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

#108 Nov 28, 2012
Now, that's strange. My Babbage Difference Engine tripple-posted.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

#109 Nov 28, 2012
ROFLMFnAO wrote:
<quoted text>
youse jess enbious you got out stranged. personally i didn't think it possible. i humbly stand corrected.
It sounds like you know Timmy. Is he the one that preaches on the corner at KFC?
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

#110 Nov 28, 2012
Tim wrote:
United States of America???

Location hidden

#111 Nov 28, 2012
Hill Will wrote:
<quoted text>
Tuff crowd! I see what you are saying. Rather than persuring emotional experiend or trying to accumulate religious knowledge, we should be learing to live in a world that God made. It sounds like you have nailed simple religion.
I dont know. I live the best I can with the Bible as a guide but no I do not have answers for every being on earth. Faith is a choice and that is simple.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

#112 Nov 28, 2012
Tim wrote:
Are you god of yourself? Who gave you the authority to judge anyone?
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

#113 Nov 28, 2012
ROFLMFnAO wrote:
<quoted text>
youse jess enbious you got out stranged. personally i didn't think it possible. i humbly stand corrected.
ROFLMAO

(Internet slang) rolling on the floor laughing my arse off, an extended form of ROFL formed by the combining with LMAO; used to indicate great amusement.

Dees Fn stand for what I think it does?
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

#114 Nov 28, 2012
The Gospel of Grace makes us acceptable to God

Genesis 3:15

King James Version (KJV)

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The struggle for redemption would be between the offspring of the woman and the offspring of the serpent. Ultimately the promise of Grace, became the reality in the person of Jesus Christ, who crusted Satan's head by dying on the cross and rising form the grave.

Thank God that Grace is not confined to any ethnic group or geographical location. The promise of redemption is as broad as humanity.
Normal Joe

Blairsville, GA

#115 Nov 29, 2012
There is no God!
Churches are nothing but glorified money scammers, they could care less about you but will forgive anything you do, if you give 10% of your income.
They prey on the poor and insecure stupid people.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#116 Nov 29, 2012
Normal Joe wrote:
There is no God!
Churches are nothing but glorified money scammers, they could care less about you but will forgive anything you do, if you give 10% of your income.
You will change your mind when you get to hell.
John

Dawsonville, GA

#117 Nov 29, 2012
Normal Joe wrote:
There is no God!
Normal Joe:

Don't go there, then. Be the church. I gave up on religion, too.

We are not your normal church. An "organic church" is a church that lives and gathers according to the spiritual reality that the church (ekklesia) is a spiritual organism rather than an institutional organization.

Overhead is low. We don't want or need your money. While organic churches do not own or possess "sacred" religious buildings, they can meet in any location.

Whether a home, coffee shop, clubhouse, park, rented building, etc. This church has been founded on Christ, not a certain theological system, a set of practices, a method, or a human personality.

While God uses people to root the church in a real on-going relationship with Jesus, such people point to Jesus rather than to themselves.

Location hidden

#118 Nov 29, 2012
Jeremiah 29:13

Location hidden

#119 Nov 29, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal Joe:
Don't go there, then. Be the church. I gave up on religion, too.
We are not your normal church. An "organic church" is a church that lives and gathers according to the spiritual reality that the church (ekklesia) is a spiritual organism rather than an institutional organization.
Overhead is low. We don't want or need your money. While organic churches do not own or possess "sacred" religious buildings, they can meet in any location.
Whether a home, coffee shop, clubhouse, park, rented building, etc. This church has been founded on Christ, not a certain theological system, a set of practices, a method, or a human personality.
While God uses people to root the church in a real on-going relationship with Jesus, such people point to Jesus rather than to themselves.
I am curious about some things in your post and I want to ask some questions. Why call what you are presenting as a church; why not call it mobile spirituality center? What is the significance of the word "organic"? How do you attempt to keep "self" out of it?

Location hidden

#120 Nov 29, 2012
Normal Joe wrote:
There is no God!
No church I have ever known says your tithe is a way of forgiveness. You are right that some denominations prey on the poor and especially senior citizens. The only way to receive repentance is calling on Jesus name, acknowledging your sins and asking for forgiveness. That will make a change in your life and what was will no longer be your daily walk. A change in attitude and priorities will take place you will become a new man.
John

Dawsonville, GA

#121 Nov 29, 2012
L-Wood

Sorry if post gets long, but you have several questions:

If you really want to find out more Google, organic chruch, simple church, house church, etc. However, not all are organic. They are just smaller churches. I hope this makes sense to you. Organic church is not Honey I Shrunk The Church. It is different way of looking at the Church, not as an instution, or place you go to. We are the chruch, reguardless where we meet. It is a way of life.

why not call it mobile spirituality center? I'm really not understanding what spirituality means. It has as many meanings as people who use the word.

Organic church is not a church as you see it. It is the CHURCH of Jesus Christ. You and I are the Body of Christ (His Church). It is about planting small groups in several locations, rather than having one centralized location. It is a more ecomomical way of building a church since people meet in other places, such as homes, rather than a large building where most of people's money goes to operating the building, paying a pastor, supporting the programs, etc.

Making connections...relationships:

If you are happy in your local assembly, that's OK. However, if we want to connect with those who are not "coming to church", we must go where people congregate. We plant the seeds of the Kingdom of God in the places where life happens and where culture is formed - our workplace, restaurants, bars, coffeehouses, parks, locker rooms, and neighborhoods.

If you think about it. Organic Church is the same model of the early church where people met in their homes. When the group got too big, they met in more homes and grew rapidly.

Some believe...

Today's contemporary / institutional Church (IC) has long left biblical roots and there are millions who not only recognize this but live outside IC with Jesus Christ as the head of their lives and local meetings. For me, rather than hearing from one man, I had rather be in a group discussion where you can develop relationships with other people.

The CHURCH started out more mobile than our culture has led us to believe.

The word 'church' in the New Testament is translated from the Greek word 'ekklesia' which comes from two words 'ek' meaning 'out' and 'kaleo' meaning to 'call.' An ekklesia or 'calling out' was not just an assembly. In classical Greek "ekklesia" meant "an assembly of citizens summoned by the crier.

How do you attemp to keep yourself out of it?

I'm not sure what you think I meant, but I shall try. Perhaps a better phrase for yourself or our selves is the self-center-self. One thing I've noticed about the Intitutional Chrurch (IC). Pastors talk about MY CHURCH. It is not their church. It is the Church that Jesus Christ is building. In the Organic Chruch Planting movement, we are all equal. There may be a pastor, but we are all equal. Women have as much to say as men. Everyone participates according to their abilities and gifts, not their gender or position.

Location hidden

#122 Nov 29, 2012
John: I used the word spirituality because you had hinted of starting your own following and although probably not "new age" it is a steering away from existing churches. By the way the congregations are smaller now because there has been a huge falling away from what once existed in church life. You really are not something new; your concept of church starting has been around for eons. If you have a board of trustees or board of good ole folks you have egos and self in place. Renting a facility, building from the ground up or using your kitchen table begins the process of church starting.

Many early churches were started as you presented in your post. All started out small and some from a small group that pulled away from another for grievances or as I mentioned "self".Some get started because they want women to have their say and believe me they will and hardly stop.The mega group churches have small groups because otherwise you would never get to know anyone. It replaces Sunday School as we once knew it and also allows coffee gatherings and other social grouping.

You know church life and it does not matter about denomination preference. Your knowledge gives you just the right amount of wanting to project your views on others. That has been around for years. We are all equal in God's eyes and that is universal. There is one God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) and if that is presented then the shape or size of a building or non presence of matters. You could meet on the top of Blood Mountain but what is inside and your eternal preparation makes one closer to Heaven

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 23 min JayPo 2,056
Steve's Steakhouse 49 min at who cares 92
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr Bill in Dville 55,670
petition to remove remaining brmemc board members 2 hr Ha HA 29
Can a Liberal be a Christian? 2 hr IM Hopper 4
brmemc whistleblower thread 4 hr ur a hypocrite 5
GSP vs. motorcycle fatality 5 hr Georgia born 45
Lances and BRMEMC 5 hr sorry 42
BRMEMC board election results 9 13 2014 9 hr Honest Member 143
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs

•••