Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

blairsville devil wrote:
H.Will,How else can the bible be taken,if it isn't the words?Heof the sumplicity of the bible.e is a very good example of the.The mythical god created man in his ow image from dust.Then he is reported to remove a rib from poor Adam to make Eve.Why didn't he just grab another hand full of dust?Then he placed a tree of knowledge (I have no Idea that there was such a tree)It is reported that he told both not to eat from this tree.they did and that is the reason that humans die.That's a weak excure and cop out?IF the god was so powerful he should known the eventualities.They would ea the fruit,with the help of the devil,in the form of a talking snake. A talking snake should have caused some concern to both adam and
Eve. This is so silly it is funny.Why did this loving god not protected his creation?What he did to Adam and Eve is know as evil. I am proud to claim to be a secular humanist.Most people don't have an idea what there core convctins are and even fewer know that they were on the front lines of the enlightment and reformation in Europe.As a humanist ,I don't adher to the commune hippy lifestyle of the likes of Charles M.Manson.The line is drawn at the border of materalism.The Blairsville devil has been mostly bed ridden for the last three days. I suspect that the bible thumping chump tin man tim has found a means to transmitt a virus over the internet.NO prayers,please,no prayers.
Within me I hope the virus goes away soon. I cannot imagine you being almost bedridden. I don't have any idea how you became a male and landed here on earth but I really hope you don't go away anytime soon. Nothing you write really makes sense but I suppose you are taking antibiotics and they always make my room bigger than life. The only advice I give you right now is don't eat grapefruit the combination could kill you. Sleep well and don't let the bedbugs bite!
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Zoltar wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not knowedgable as relates to the Bible nor do I have any desire to be. The Bible to me is very similar to a Corporate policy and procedure manual that is used as a guide and is always subject to interpretation.
God doesn't keep a record about how knowlegeable you are about the Bible.

The purpose of the Coporate Policy and Procedure Manaual is to control you.

In Coporate Church with a CEO, the purpose of the Bile is to control you.

In the Chruch of Jesus Christ, His purpose is to free us from the bondage of control, guilt and sin-management (religion).
Zoltar wrote:
<quoted text>
On this thread, people can't even agree on which Bible is the correct one let alone what the passages mean.
I've noticed that, too. If the message is the same, it doesn't matter what version anyone uses. To me it is easier to understand passages that are in 21st Century English.
Zoltar wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with your Church. If this is an actual chruch, you might consider a sign in front that says: "We Welcome All As-holes". You might be surprised how quickly you will fill the chruch to over-flowing.
"We Welcome All As-holes"

It is not my Chruch. It is the One Church of Jesus Christ (our founder). It is right here and right now. No walls. No Steeple. Just Real People. There are not Pastors on a pedistal here. We are all equal. If you go to "actual" church, as you describe it, people wear mask. Your never know what they are really thinking. No problem here.

Sitting in a pew, hearing a boring lecture from the CEO, staring at faceless people, and trying to pretend I listen is not my cup of tea. Besides, the demanding god of ourselves is a god you cannot please.
Zoltar wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the invitation and your recognition of this personality trait. While I admit I have been , at times, refered to as an as_hole, I have also been refered to as a decent person with a good heart.

Your personality trait is your true face. You are acceptable to God the way you are. You only need to trust Him. There are two clear distinctions between two very different underlying motives Christians sometimes operate under: our determination to please God or to trust Him. The path I choose is trust.

The truefaced principles work in any and every situation in your life. Once people learn to trust God and others with themselves, it is a freeing journey. Many are searching for this fork in the road, because they are looking for a cure from the exhausting and deceptive path of performance-based religion, self-striving, and performance-obsession.

Not your granny's church...

It is a reformation in our 21st century.

A worldview shift in how we view God, ourselves, and others. A way of understanding how to live in the reality of God's grace. This worldview often appears radical or revolutionary, simply because many followers of Jesus have walked away from the Original Good News. Now thousands are retuning to this freedom for which Christ set them free.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Hill Will wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't keep a record about how knowlegeable you are about the Bible.
The purpose of the Coporate Policy and Procedure Manaual is to control you.
In Coporate Church with a CEO, the purpose of the Bile is to control you.
In the Chruch of Jesus Christ, His purpose is to free us from the bondage of control, guilt and sin-management (religion).
<quoted text>
I've noticed that, too. If the message is the same, it doesn't matter what version anyone uses. To me it is easier to understand passages that are in 21st Century English.
<quoted text>
"We Welcome All As-holes"
It is not my Chruch. It is the One Church of Jesus Christ (our founder). It is right here and right now. No walls. No Steeple. Just Real People. There are not Pastors on a pedistal here. We are all equal. If you go to "actual" church, as you describe it, people wear mask. Your never know what they are really thinking. No problem here.
Sitting in a pew, hearing a boring lecture from the CEO, staring at faceless people, and trying to pretend I listen is not my cup of tea. Besides, the demanding god of ourselves is a god you cannot please.
<quoted text>
Your personality trait is your true face. You are acceptable to God the way you are. You only need to trust Him. There are two clear distinctions between two very different underlying motives Christians sometimes operate under: our determination to please God or to trust Him. The path I choose is trust.
The truefaced principles work in any and every situation in your life. Once people learn to trust God and others with themselves, it is a freeing journey. Many are searching for this fork in the road, because they are looking for a cure from the exhausting and deceptive path of performance-based religion, self-striving, and performance-obsession.
Not your granny's church...
It is a reformation in our 21st century.
A worldview shift in how we view God, ourselves, and others. A way of understanding how to live in the reality of God's grace. This worldview often appears radical or revolutionary, simply because many followers of Jesus have walked away from the Original Good News. Now thousands are retuning to this freedom for which Christ set them free.
You sure have some strange belifs
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

blairsville devil wrote:
.The Blairsville devil has been mostly bed ridden for the last three days. I suspect that the bible thumping chump tin man tim has found a means to transmitt a virus over the internet.NO prayers,please,no prayers.
Are you sure you are not confusing timmy with a cyber voodo witch? But you do have a point. What a genius he is! Who would ever suspect a bible thumping chup tin man tim of being the world's greatest black hat hacker?

No prayers. I never completely understood how intersessory prayer works, my self. I just hoping you are better and getting well soon. Timmy you have been exposed.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>You sure have some strange belifs
I'm sure the original good news is strange to you. My views are from the Bible.

17 But suppose we seek to be made right with God through faith in Christ and then we are found guilty because we have abandoned the law. Would that mean Christ has led us into sin? Absolutely not! 18 Rather, I am a sinner if I rebuild the old system of law I already tore down. 19 For when I tried to keep the law, it condemned me. So I died to the law—I stopped trying to meet all its requirements—so that I might live for God. 20 My old self has been crucified with Christ.[e] It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>You sure have some strange belifs
For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.

17 “But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! 18 For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 19 For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Don't you think that keeping things simple works better. If one has accepted Jesus Christ they don't have to analyze it to death. If you have been saved you want to keep the commandments. My goal is Heaven and nuff said!
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

King James Version (KJV)

5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Galatians 5

New Living Translation (NLT)

Timmy, Do you find freedom in Christ strange? I don't care if you are depending on the King James Bible or the legalist Baptist Church. If your salvation depends on anything other than the blood of Christ, you are fallen from grace. Which truth do you find staange???

Freedom in Christ

5 So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.

2 Listen! I, Paul, tell you this: If you are counting on circumcision to make you right with God, then Christ will be of no benefit to you. 3 I’ll say it again. If you are trying to find favor with God by being circumcised, you must obey every regulation in the whole law of Moses. 4 For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Or Timmy, do you find this belif strange?

5 But we who live by the Spirit eagerly wait to receive by faith the righteousness God has promised to us. 6 For when we place our faith in Christ Jesus, there is no benefit in being circumcised or being uncircumcised. What is important is faith expressing itself in love.

Or do you find this belief strange?

13 For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. 14 For the whole law can be summed up in this one command:“Love your neighbor as yourself.”[c] 15 But if you are always biting and devouring one another, watch out! Beware of destroying one another.

Living by the Spirit’s Power

16 So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. 17 The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions. 18 But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses.

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. 25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. 26 Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.

Please tell be why living by the Spirits Power is strange to you.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

I got Saved one night and recieved The Holy Ghost and He guides Me. It's that simple nothing complicated about it.
blairsville devil

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

L.Wood,Iread yor post to me fourtimes bfore concluding what your real motive was.Be honest for a change you don't really give a hillbilly if I live or die ,do you? Don't you saved people and bible thumpers actually hate non-believers,especially those from Florida.You did try to have me reduced to private and said I was a disgrace to the military and law enforcement and threaten to change political parties when I mentioned that we had similiar opinions about the republicians.The macho that I am ,I don't take but a few durgs and included in the few are not antibiotics.Taking those for viral infections are useless.I depend on my immune system.In my infinate wisdom,I suspect that you are a former hippie and your room became larger because you were dropping a tab os LSD.I am appreciative that you may have decided that both the Blairsville Devil and WRJ are pretty nice chaps and Amous and slowpuke are the lesser of two evils.Whozs picture did you include in your bio,,your daughter?I am considering adding a picture of the Blairsville devil and another of the real WRJ. If it means anything to you ,I am better today,that suits me ,now my wife won't be pestering me to take cough syrup and go to the docs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

blairsville devil wrote:
L.Wood,Iread yor post to me fourtimes bfore concluding what your real motive was.Be honest for a change you don't really give a hillbilly if I live or die ,do you? Don't you saved people and bible thumpers actually hate non-believers,especially those from Florida.You did try to have me reduced to private and said I was a disgrace to the military and law enforcement and threaten to change political parties when I mentioned that we had similiar opinions about the republicians.The macho that I am ,I don't take but a few durgs and included in the few are not antibiotics.Taking those for viral infections are useless.I depend on my immune system.In my infinate wisdom,I suspect that you are a former hippie and your room became larger because you were dropping a tab os LSD.I am appreciative that you may have decided that both the Blairsville Devil and WRJ are pretty nice chaps and Amous and slowpuke are the lesser of two evils.Whozs picture did you include in your bio,,your daughter?I am considering adding a picture of the Blairsville devil and another of the real WRJ. If it means anything to you ,I am better today,that suits me ,now my wife won't be pestering me to take cough syrup and go to the docs.
BD, I know you you have felt terrible but I really did not have a bad motive at all and I am glad you are better. Thanks for reading my post four times though I am sure that has never happened before. Your wife loves you and cares what happens to you. Sometimes when someone is cross or contrare you can make their evening or day with kindness, my only goal. It really came from my heart. I don't have a daughter. Its me. I don't smoke wacky weed or inhale crushed or otherwise hallocuants (sp?)but for some reasons when I have a rare cold or flu the meds make my light fixture fill the room etc. I am not talking about any poster and there aren't many left. Take some more "me" time today!
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Laurel Wood wrote:
<quoted text>BD, I know you you have felt terrible but I really did not have a bad motive at all and I am glad you are better. Thanks for reading my post four times though I am sure that has never happened before. Your wife loves you and cares what happens to you. Sometimes when someone is cross or contrare you can make their evening or day with kindness, my only goal. It really came from my heart. I don't have a daughter. Its me. I don't smoke wacky weed or inhale crushed or otherwise hallocuants (sp?)but for some reasons when I have a rare cold or flu the meds make my light fixture fill the room etc. I am not talking about any poster and there aren't many left. Take some more "me" time today!
LOL, Laural you are a hoot! So, is BD, but don't tell him I said that.

When I was in college way back in the last century, I remember when Harold B. took an LSD trip. He said sparks were jumping from his hands. I never heard about a light fixture filling the room, though.

I'm glad BD feels well enough to bantor with us though. Heck, I even miss that old boy Timmy when he doesn't show to join the conversation. I love to yank his string just to see what kind of reaction I get out of him.

BD, it sounds like you are on the road to recovery, so I guess not praying for you really worked!
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Timmy_ wrote:
I got Saved one night and recieved The Holy Ghost and He guides Me. It's that simple nothing complicated about it.
Timmy, I like that...
HW_ wrote:
1 Peter 2:9

King James Version (KJV)

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
The purpose of the chuch is to work together to reach the world around us. We have been called out of darkness into His marvelous light co that we can proclaim God's excellencies to a watching world.
HW_ wrote:
Now, read

1 Peter 2:4-12

King James Version (KJV)

4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.
How should Peter's decription of our calling as the chruch affect the way we think about and interact with our surrounding community?
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Hill Will wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, Laural you are a hoot! So, is BD, but don't tell him I said that.
When I was in college way back in the last century, I remember when Harold B. took an LSD trip. He said sparks were jumping from his hands. I never heard about a light fixture filling the room, though.
I'm glad BD feels well enough to bantor with us though. Heck, I even miss that old boy Timmy when he doesn't show to join the conversation. I love to yank his string just to see what kind of reaction I get out of him.
BD, it sounds like you are on the road to recovery, so I guess not praying for you really worked!
[size=200][color=red][b]LOLRIT F![/b][/color][/size]

[list]
[*]Red
[*]Blue
[*]Yellow
[/list]

[list=1]
[*]Go to the shops
[*]Buy a new computer
[*]Swear at computer when it crashes
[/list]

[url=http://www.phpbb.com/]Vis it phpBB![/url]

[email]no.one@domain.adr[/emai l]
[img]http://www.google.com/int l/en_ALL/images/logo.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.google.com/][i mg]http://www.google.com/intl/ en_ALL/images/logo.gif[/img][/ url]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Hey Hill Will: you can call me a "hooteannie". I prayed for B Devil too but I ain't telling him. As for all the above post, I don't understand that. I have used companies computers for years but I don't know about programming. I took my photo down anyway.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Laurel Wood wrote:
Don't you think that keeping things simple works better. If one has accepted Jesus Christ they don't have to analyze it to death. If you have been saved you want to keep the commandments. My goal is Heaven and nuff said!
Sorry, I am the analyzer-energyzer-bunny.

Simple is good. Salvation is the start of the journey. The end of the journey is the goal. What is a Christian supposed to do in between? Jesus was chear about His purpose on earth: "The Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost." (Luke 19:10). I think our calling is focused on reaching those who don't know God: Church marketing sucks.

The gospel is not merely about "getting us saved," as if we simply pray a prayer and are immediately transported into heaven. God describes "salvation" and the transformation of the Christian life like this:

Ezekiel 36:26-27

King James Version (KJV) for old boy tim:

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

"Getting saved" is not about praying a prayer and then continuing to live our lives as though nothing happened. How should the truth of the gospel and the power of the Holy Spirit affect the way we approach helping people change? Surely, there is more to it than "you had better get saved or you're going to hell."

John 10:10

King James Version (KJV)

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Shouldn't this be the message. I'm not talking about the prosperity gospel If Starbucks used marketing like the church does, no one would enter into Strbucks. "Turn or burn" or you will not get into to Starbucks. Starbucks would ge out of business. It is the same with chruch. Young people are leaving in droves. All I see in some chruches is little old women and men of the same gender. God help you if you sit in their pew.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Laurel Wood wrote:
Hey Hill Will: you can call me a "hooteannie". I prayed for B Devil too but I ain't telling him. As for all the above post, I don't understand that. I have used companies computers for years but I don't know about programming. I took my photo down anyway.
Sorry, for the geek mess. I was "piddleing" as my uncle used to say. When you see the code in between brackets when you hit reply that is what makes it appear as a quote. Apparently, it dosen't work for other bracketed codes. When I was growing up I almost burnt the house down several times plugging transformers into ac recepticals. After I was eight years old my poor mother wouldn't go into my room for fear of elecrocution. When computers came along I went down to the BYOC Store and built my own. Now, you understand my strangeness.

Speaking of companies, I guess I had better hit the hay.
ROFLMFnAO

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Timmy_ wrote:
You sure have some strange belifs
youse jess enbious you got out stranged. personally i didn't think it possible. i humbly stand corrected.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of329
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Blairsville Forum right now

Search the Blairsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 min silverfox 39,423
EMC-Chairman of the Board Terry Taylor 26 min Kelly 46
John Crumpton verses Steve Allison 1 hr fence 71
Seniors should not pay School Tax in Union (Sep '13) 5 hr RTON 278
Hair cutter 8 hr Mango 11
Sybil Denise Bellew (Dec '12) 8 hr You Are All Hypocrites 26
Board of Education election 10 hr Wallace 12
arrest reports (Jun '13) 16 hr ACT 68
•••
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••