Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Blairsville Devil:

Please show me this god of hate you see in scripture. It sure wasn't in the letter to Thessalonians.
blairsville devil

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Hill Will,I couldn't care less about Thessolonians ay ore t6ha Jack cutting down the bean stalk. It's all fiction in my logical and rational thinking. I am realist,that sums it all up.Yougave me an acceptable compliment,sort of.I aqm more Christain like than 99 percent of those claiming to be.Fror my late evil sister. We aren't talking about a few hundred dollars,but many thousands,such as $60,000,she never said she was regretful.This may sound mean,but she should have died thirty years earlier.Again this,the first bibles were written thousands of years ago who is to say that all these people that were able to see in the future didn't do a little juggleing act with the books.Faith doesn't have much weight fror people such as The Blairsville Devil.Seeing is believing,come on out god ,where ever you are hiding.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

blairsville devil wrote:
Hill Will,I couldn't care less about Thessolonians ay ore t6ha Jack cutting down the bean stalk. It's all fiction in my logical and rational thinking. I am realist,that sums it all up.Yougave me an acceptable compliment,sort of.I aqm more Christain like than 99 percent of those claiming to be.Fror my late evil sister. We aren't talking about a few hundred dollars,but many thousands,such as $60,000,she never said she was regretful.This may sound mean,but she should have died thirty years earlier.Again this,the first bibles were written thousands of years ago who is to say that all these people that were able to see in the future didn't do a little juggleing act with the books.Faith doesn't have much weight fror people such as The Blairsville Devil.Seeing is believing,come on out god ,where ever you are hiding.
BD:

Thessalonians is a letter to the early Christians.

I'm just asking where you base you idea from the Bible that Jesus Christ (The Christian God) is not a loving God? Are you reading the bible in your head?

Also, why do you think the House of Grace is a controlling church? Where is the "control" you are talking about?

You have no idea what Jesus was like, do you?

He was nothing special to look at. He could walk down Cleveland Street today and no one would would even notice him. In fact he had the kind of face you would shy away from, certain he wouldn't fit in the crowd of the Organized Church.

But he was as a gentle a man as one would ever know. He could silence the detractors without ever shouting. He never bullied his way; never drew attention to himself nor did he ever pretend to like what vexed his soul. He was real, to the very core.

And at the core of that being was agape (love with no strings attached)." Wow! Did he love! He loved even the people who hated him. He still cared for them, hoping some how they would find a way out of their self-inflected souls to recognize who stood among them.

His words conveyed not even a hint of judgement, simply an entreaty to come to God. He would say follow me. There was no one you could trust more quickly with your deep darkest secrets. If someone were going to catch you at your worst moment you'd want it to be him.

He wasted no time mocking others, nor their religious trappings. It didn't matter if you were atheist, Pharisee Baptist, prostitute, your dead Mormon sister, Jew, or non-Jew. Somehow, he seemed to know everything about us, but he loved us deeply all the same.

BD, I want to be more like him. He wasn't about control or hate. He was about love. That is why I follow him.

BD, if you cannot forgive your sister, you cannot be forgiven. I'm still working on trying to forgive g. bush, too, but Jesus and I are working on it.
Local Observer

Morganton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

blairsville devil

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Maybe I posted wrong.The NT was written anywhere Between 150 and 200 after the death of this mythical individual.NO eye witness,just handed down info at the best.There is no historical documents to support 3what this person is supposed to have done,to include risinf the dead feeding thousands with a few fishes and a loaf of bread. Walkingt on water and such nonsense was written to impress the massess, to be afraid.Him and his pa have been in hiding for many hundreds of years ,when their help was needed,such as the black plague,in 1325, that destroyed 30 percent of the inhabitians of this planet and again when Hitler was killing all the Jews.Old chap ,people that think,for themselves don't believe in this sort of mythology.I surely wouldn't want to be like something that has never existed.I am happy with what I am and intend to be.
blairsville devil

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

OLd chap ,I believe that you would have a little difficulty forgiving a person as evil as my late sister.I did many things or her including financial help,but never forgave her.She never met a person that she didn't swindle.
for the greater good

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

blairsville devil wrote:
Maybe I posted wrong.The NT was written anywhere Between 150 and 200 after the death of this mythical individual.NO eye witness,just handed down info at the best.There is no historical documents to support 3what this person is supposed to have done,to include risinf the dead feeding thousands with a few fishes and a loaf of bread. Walkingt on water and such nonsense was written to impress the massess, to be afraid.Him and his pa have been in hiding for many hundreds of years ,when their help was needed,such as the black plague,in 1325, that destroyed 30 percent of the inhabitians of this planet and again when Hitler was killing all the Jews.Old chap ,people that think,for themselves don't believe in this sort of mythology.I surely wouldn't want to be like something that has never existed.I am happy with what I am and intend to be.
I believe his will, is trying to help your soul.
And Hitler was Not a christian, he was a member of the occult.
Don't blame God for what hitler did.
for the greater good

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

blairsville devil wrote:
OLd chap ,I believe that you would have a little difficulty forgiving a person as evil as my late sister.I did many things or her including financial help,but never forgave her.She never met a person that she didn't swindle.
Why do you think your sister was evil? I hope you come to forgive your sister. I know more then you ever know on how it feels be swindle.
Informed Opinion

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

GaGirl64 wrote:
<quoted text>In North Georgia - the world had ended.....Gosh did I miss something
Sorry if I upset you.

No, the world did not literally end anywhere, it just seemed that way to those who saw the election as a battle between Christ and Satan,( you can probably figure out yourself which candidate was assigned which role in the various locations).

Sometimes hyperbole is an effective way to make a point, but I obviously failed to relay the message effectively in this case as you didn't understand it was being used.

I'll work harder next time.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

blairsville devil wrote:
www.youtube.com/watch... - Cached
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

blairsville devil wrote:
Blairsville Devil, you can't see god because he is hiding in church. I don't worship this American-Jesus, though. Your image of god is not my God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Blairsville Devil, are your more Christian like than 99 percent of these people? Your image of god is not my God. Your image of church is not my Church.

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oG7nK2T...
LOL

Young Harris, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people".

Karl Marx
Knowing

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Everyone starts out as an atheist.
Seekers become Believers.
Non-seekers remain atheists.
Zoltar

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Knowing wrote:
Everyone starts out as an atheist.
Seekers become Believers.
Non-seekers remain atheists.
Everyone starts out as a baby.

Babies become infants.

Politicians remain as infants.

Groucho Marx
Informed Opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich."

Napoleon Bonaparte
GaGirl64

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

I.O. Please try harder to understand when I am cracking a joke. I know what it all meant. So of you people take life to seriously at times. Life is a serious matter, but I do believe that we are suppose to enjoy life. To have laughter and joy. No be miserable everyday of our lives
Informed Opinion

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

GaGirl64 wrote:
I.O. Please try harder to understand when I am cracking a joke. I know what it all meant. So of you people take life to seriously at times. Life is a serious matter, but I do believe that we are suppose to enjoy life. To have laughter and joy. No be miserable everyday of our lives
Agreed

Sorry if I have a different impression, but I just happen to think Bonaparte's quote is very interesting, especially as it comes from a source most would consider exceptional.

Our predilection to "organize" and "bureaucratize" even our relationship with God is fascinating and fun to explore, and even poke fun at.

As a matter of fact, I think almost everything on TOPiX is just for fun.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Informed Opinion wrote:
"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich."
Napoleon Bonaparte
“The key to wisdom is this – constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth.”
Peter Abelard

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Hill Will wrote:
<quoted text>
“The key to wisdom is this – constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth.”
Peter Abelard
Who is that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Blairsville Forum right now

Search the Blairsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Paving Companies 24 min Cracker Jac 10
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr rename 49,838
resturant 2 hr Cletus in Union County 4
Nudist colony in Union County ? 5 hr Cletus in Union County 29
Bank Closing 10 hr Marilyn 16
Dogs riding in Walmart GROCERY Shopping Carts 10 hr CARE AND CONCERN 27
Anyone having AT&T cell/data issues? 10 hr CARE AND CONCERN 2
•••
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs

•••