Are You Acceptable to God?
blairsville devil

Zephyrhills, FL

#305 Dec 15, 2012
Chump Timmy,When a person is so wrapper in their religious beliefs,such as you they lose all concept of what is either right or wrong.Their minds are very shallow and full of hate for all that don't share the same beliefs or opinions.I believe that is your present status.Additionally you don't have very much respect for other humans,to include other christians.You need to re4ad your bble again becuse it is written very plainy that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the gates of heaven.Maybe that isn't in jimmy's bible,is that the reason he tried to change the rule?He didn't want to become a cinder.Even though I believe the bible is fiction,I don't think it should be changed to conform with an individuals needs.If The Blairsville Devi does go to a place such as heaven and I see you there also,I would think that one of us was in the venue.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#306 Dec 15, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
Chump Timmy,When a person is so wrapper in their religious beliefs,such as you they lose all concept of what is either right or wrong.Their minds are very shallow and full of hate for all that don't share the same beliefs or opinions.I believe that is your present status.Additionally you don't have very much respect for other humans,to include other christians.You need to re4ad your bble again becuse it is written very plainy that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the gates of heaven.Maybe that isn't in jimmy's bible,is that the reason he tried to change the rule?He didn't want to become a cinder.Even though I believe the bible is fiction,I don't think it should be changed to conform with an individuals needs.If The Blairsville Devi does go to a place such as heaven and I see you there also,I would think that one of us was in the venue.
Read Matthew 19:26
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, with men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#307 Dec 15, 2012
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>Read Matthew 19:26
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, with men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
So maybe there is hope for you after all, but God is gonna have to do a good one in your case.
John

Jefferson, GA

#308 Dec 15, 2012
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Then those who do not believe as you are atheists.
It would seem more likely that they are either non-Christian, or they are not the same type of Chirstian as you.

Oh my said: "Then those who do not believe as you are atheists."

I'm not sure I know what your mean. It appears you have takent what I said out of context. I just said I'm not an athiest, but fundamental christians call me an athiest, because I don't take the all bible literally. I take the message of Jesus Christ literally, though. More precisely, they say I don't believe the bible, because I am a scientist.

I believe in freedom from religion and freedom of religion. Everybody has the right to believe in a god or not. What I strive to do is have dialog with all believers and non-belivers. I must admit that I know many good athiest, including BD.

Oh My: "It would seem more likely that they are either non-Christian, or they are not the same type of Chirstian as you." Hitler claimed to be a christian, but a murder cannot enter into the Kingdom of the Invisible Kingdom.

This is what I mean by becoming a Christian. Tell me if you have a problem with it and we will discuss it more.

When the Spirit of Christ comes into us, we gain a new identity grounded in Christ. The Bible says we become partakers of the divine nature. Since the Spirit of Christ comes into a person's spirit at salvation, and because the essence of what we are is determined at the spirit level, one who has trusted Christ becomes a Chrtistian.

“Nuff said!”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#309 Dec 15, 2012
Hitler is an example of an antichrist. He was setting himself up into thinking he could rule the world. He became fixated on hating the Jews and getting rid of them. After that I am sure he would have hated everyone.He had a little power and way too much time on his hands.

That being said isn't that exactly what Herod was doing during the birth of Jesus' time.

Many do pick and choose what parts of the Bible they want to apply to their life. A person who is Christ centered will accept the Bible as a whole. One poster said they were studying in Genesis because to celebrate Jesus' birth they needed to go back to the beginning. Excellent way to look at things. Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega; the beginning and the end.

My opinion is that scientists will always debate how the world began and even think they could have made it better. I believe it is exactly like what is in Genesis; God created it according to his plan and to date scientists cannot come up with otherwise to convince me otherwise. Like Hitler many scientists have way too much time on their hands and they get paid for it.
John

Jefferson, GA

#310 Dec 16, 2012
Laurel Wood wrote:
Hitler is an example of an antichrist. He was setting himself up into thinking he could rule the world. He became fixated on hating the Jews and getting rid of them. After that I am sure he would have hated everyone.He had a little power and way too much time on his hands.
That being said isn't that exactly what Herod was doing during the birth of Jesus' time.
Many do pick and choose what parts of the Bible they want to apply to their life. A person who is Christ centered will accept the Bible as a whole. One poster said they were studying in Genesis because to celebrate Jesus' birth they needed to go back to the beginning. Excellent way to look at things. Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega; the beginning and the end.
My opinion is that scientists will always debate how the world began and even think they could have made it better. I believe it is exactly like what is in Genesis; God created it according to his plan and to date scientists cannot come up with otherwise to convince me otherwise. Like Hitler many scientists have way too much time on their hands and they get paid for it.
L. Wood: I don't think H.W. is trying to argue that Hitler was a ReaL Christian. Because someone says they are christian doesn't mean that they are Christian with a big "C".

There is a movement toward an authentic relationship or what some call the natural religion of Jesus. I'll post my points, so, I don't loose people who tend to read out of context. My next post is an attempt to define religion.
John

Jefferson, GA

#311 Dec 16, 2012
Religion Defined:

The word "religion" comes from the Latin word "religio" which has a meaning influenced by the verb "religare" to bind, in the sense of "place an obligation on" (World Book Dictionary).

The World Book Dictionary defines "obligation" as "duty" which, in turn, is defined as "a thing which a person ought to do; a thing which is right to do."

In other words, religion deals with "how a person ought to live" or what is "right to do." What duties or obligations do we, as individuals, have in living our lives?

When we look around us, we see many different "organized religions" such as Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and others. In their attempts to say "how a person ought to live" or "what is right to do," these organized religions place many different "obligations" on their members. Since these organized religions began at various times and in various geographical locations, none of these religions have been known by all human beings in all places and at all times on earth.

Is there any "religion" which is known by all humankind? The answer is "yes." It is a natural religion that "places some obligations (duties) on" everyone. How is this natural religion known to everyone, and what are the obligations (duties) that are placed on everyone?

This natural religion has had many proponents through the centuries. The proponent who is best known to me was an intinerant Jewish rabbi (teacher) named Jesus. An "organized religion," called "Christianity," has developed over the centuries based on theological theories "about Jesus" but this organized religion has very little to do with the natural religion "of Jesus." By disregarding the theological theories "about Jesus," we can discover the basic principles of natural religion in the teachings "of Jesus."
blairsville devil

Zephyrhills, FL

#312 Dec 16, 2012
L.Wood,I don't think scientists are trying to convince you or any person to believe anything.As Karl Sagan said,only a few hours before his death,when he reject those that were attempting to have him become a christian"I have searched for the truth my entire life" You probably have opened up a very large bucket of worms ,with your mention of genesis.there are so many mistakes in this that even a person with my limited ability can detect them.I invite you to turn to mister google ,mistakes of genesis,to learn more.Hitler wasn't any more anti-christ than the Blairsville devil is.The Jews were prosecuted for many hundreds of years before Hitler's time,and all from christians ,because of differing beliefs.He had good examples from other Germans ,such as Martin Luther on the subject of hating Jews.The conflict between the Jews and christians is another reason for my belief that the earth and all people would survive much better without any belief in any god.ONe thing is sure,we wouldn't have the need to kill others to prove that their god was the right and others were not.
John

Jefferson, GA

#313 Dec 16, 2012
Research continues...

The Church Jesus built vs: Organized religion called Christianity

Jesus was considered a religious heretic by the leaders of the organized religion in his time and place. Jesus was a Jew and his cultural religion was the traditional Jewish religion (an ancient form of what we now call "Judaism"). In his day, Judaism had accumulated a complex structure of religious "obligations" that were placed on Jews. The natural religion of Jesus reduced these obligations to two: love for God and love for neighbor.

Jesus referred to these two obligations as God's "commandments" (laws) or God's "word" (truth). Jesus taught that these two obligations are known by everyone because they are planted like a seed sown "in the heart" (Matthew 13:18-23).[This describes the Organic Church or or a "natural religion" that multiplies rather than divides...there are other definitions, but let's stick with this one for now]

Natural religion, as taught by Jesus, is based on these two natural laws that are inherent in human nature. Violation of these two laws by anyone is life-destructive. Obedience of these two laws is life-creative. This is known through human experience.[Humanist is one faction of natural religion, but usally does not include a god. Christian + Humaist don't reject God. There are some christioan humanist who accept the teachins of Christ, but reject his deity. What is important is that we continue the "Convesation"...]

The commandment of Jesus' natural religion

What Jesus meant by "love for God" and "love for neighbor" is defined by Jesus in his stories called "parables." Jesus believed that it was his mission, and ours, to establish the "kingdom of God" on earth. Jesus used the term "kingdom of God" to refer to the rule of God's laws in the lives of individuals and in human society.

(to be continued)
John

Jefferson, GA

#314 Dec 16, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
L.Wood,I don't think scientists are trying to convince you or any person to believe anything.As Karl Sagan said,only a few hours before his death,when he reject those that were attempting to have him become a christian"I have searched for the truth my entire life" You probably have opened up a very large bucket of worms ,with your mention of genesis.there are so many mistakes in this that even a person with my limited ability can detect them.I invite you to turn to mister google ,mistakes of genesis,to learn more.Hitler wasn't any more anti-christ than the Blairsville devil is.The Jews were prosecuted for many hundreds of years before Hitler's time,and all from christians ,because of differing beliefs.He had good examples from other Germans ,such as Martin Luther on the subject of hating Jews.The conflict between the Jews and christians is another reason for my belief that the earth and all people would survive much better without any belief in any god.ONe thing is sure,we wouldn't have the need to kill others to prove that their god was the right and others were not.
BD, as you know Jesus was a Jew.

BD: "The conflict between the Jews and christians is another reason for my belief that the earth and all people would survive much better without any belief in any god.ONe thing is sure,we wouldn't have the need to kill others to prove that their god was the right and others were not."

I agree you except religion is the reason people kill, not our Christ. Religion is the problem not Jesus, our Christian Christ.

Research continues...Gospel means "good news"

We should note that the "gospel" that Jesus preached was, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel" (Mark 1:15). In his "gospel," Jesus said nothing about "saving" anyone by Jesus' death (the "gospel" which is preached today in trinitarian churches). Obviously, Jesus' death had not occurred at the time he asked people to "believe in the gospel." Jesus' "gospel" (good news) was about the "kingdom of God" on earth. This was the only "gospel" that Jesus knew.
blairsville devil

Zephyrhills, FL

#315 Dec 16, 2012
John.I nearly agree that religion is the cause of wars and most other of man's acts against other men and women .If i'm not mistaken the time this chap Jesus was supposed to happen nearly two thousand years ago.And it hasn't happened yet.Since you seem knowledge pertaining to the bible,hows about explaining to me ,all the mistakes written in genesis.Surely an all knowing god would get it right about creating light and vegetation in its proper sequence.No excusess JOhn,just the facts.
John

Jefferson, GA

#316 Dec 16, 2012
As I understand HW's post, the Gospel of sin-management is bad news; not the good news of Jesus Christ

BD says the bible is fiction and was written in 300 BC. How we got scripture is a different research project, We don't have the orginal scripture. It was copied by hand until the invention of the printing press. The bible has been intrepreted in many languages includng the 1611 KJV and the newer KJV. People who speak modern English usually prefer newer translations. The internet is a good source of pointing out the differences in the different bibles, but as far as I can determine the TRUTH of Jesus Christ is still the same, unless you are studing the Morman bible or other cults which deviate from the oldest manuscripts that are availabe, today.

The trinity describes the godhead. I'm still think and researching this idea that was actually developed later than early Christianity, but let's look at the gospel of the organized-church-religion.

substitutionary theory of the atonement:

The so-called "gospel" heard in trinitarian churches today was developed by church councils over a period of four centuries. These councils modified the theology of Paul, a man who never claimed to have seen or heard Jesus except in an alleged "vision" after the lifetime of Jesus. Paul was a Jew who interpreted Jesus' crucifixion as a human sacrifice to God to atone for the sins of humankind. At the time when Jesus and Paul lived, a "ram without blemish" was sacrificed in the Jewish temple as a "guilt offering" to God as an atonement for sins. Paul used this as an analogy to interpret the crucifixion of Jesus as a sacrifice to atone for sins.(Romans 5:6-10; Ephesians 5:2).

Jesus taught that God required no sacrifices to atone for sins. Jesus said, "Go and learn what this means,'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice'." (Matthew 9:13). Here, Jesus is quoting the Hebrew prophet Hosea who claimed to be quoting God: "I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice; the knowledge of God, rather than burnt offerings" (Hosea 6:6).

Jesus taught us to forgive others who sin against us which includes our sisters who borrow thousands of dollars and never pay it back. The egg sucking dogs in the pulpit who do not teach truth, but teach another gospel. We must forgive religious people who sacrificed our Savior, Jesus Christ.[We must forgive those who do not belive in a god. We must spread a loving relationship with other humans animals, and the earth that was created by a force that our human minds cannot understand, but continue to argue whether there was a cause and effect. I believe there is an eternally existant cause of the universe that I call God.]

The theological theory that Jesus sacrificed his life, as a substitute for us, to atone for (pay for) the sins of humankind is called the "substitutionary theory of the atonement." This theory, which was adopted in trinitarian Christianity, is contrary to the teachings of Jesus. Jesus made it very clear that God forgives us if we repent of our sins and we are willing to forgive others who sin against us (Matthew 18:23-35; Luke 11:4; Luke 17:3-4; Matthew 6:14-15; Luke 15:11-24).

It is important to know what Jesus meant by love for God, love for neighbor, repentance, forgiveness, and the kingdom of God on earth. These are key concepts in the natural religion of Jesus. Jesus explained the meanings of these concepts which I will present in this Web Page. In my view, life becomes more understandable from what we can learn from these teachings.

PLEASE CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION

“Nuff said!”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#317 Dec 16, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
L.Wood,I don't think scientists are trying to convince you or any person to believe anything.As Karl Sagan said,only a few hours before his death,when he reject those that were attempting to have him become a christian"I have searched for the truth my entire life" You probably have opened up a very large bucket of worms ,with your mention of genesis.there are so many mistakes in this that even a person with my limited ability can detect them.I invite you to turn to mister google ,mistakes of genesis,to learn more.Hitler wasn't any more anti-christ than the Blairsville devil is.The Jews were prosecuted for many hundreds of years before Hitler's time,and all from christians ,because of differing beliefs.He had good examples from other Germans ,such as Martin Luther on the subject of hating Jews.The conflict between the Jews and christians is another reason for my belief that the earth and all people would survive much better without any belief in any god.ONe thing is sure,we wouldn't have the need to kill others to prove that their god was the right and others were not.
BD, I disagree with you but the purpose of a public forum is to air pros and cons. We are going to disagree often and with emotion.
1. I like scientists when they find a cure for diseases or in the area of forensics and actually producing evidence to convict a killer.
2. You have exercised your freedom to choose belief in God or not; so have I .
3. I have not opened up a can of worms in mentioning Genesis. We had a beginning BD. You go right ahead and research all the online options to prove your point. I disagree with you and I know without a shadow of doubt that man did not have a part in designing the earth. You had a beginning and so did I; our parents are descendants of Adam and Eve and our conception and birth are from descendants of the first couple. I did not come from a test tube nor an ape no matter if I act like one occasionally.
4. Yes Hitler was an example of an antichrist because he planned to direct the world to his ideas and he joyfully ordered and planned the killings.
5. Jesus was a Jew.
6. Some rely on Science and the internet websites (few) for all information and reject, overlook and ignore all evidence and information found in the Bible. You may look to Martin Luther for guidance; I look to God.
7. I can assure you the killings on Friday morning were not of God. How could he allow the killing of innocent children when it is written in the Bible that he loved children and He is a God of love? The killer obviously was not of love in his actions. If he was a loner so be it, many have to be. If he was unpopular so are many for taking a stand on beliefs or how they choose to look. No excuse for his actions in my opinion; he was an advocate of hate and he carried it out.
John

Jefferson, GA

#318 Dec 16, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
John.I nearly agree that religion is the cause of wars and most other of man's acts against other men and women .If i'm not mistaken the time this chap Jesus was supposed to happen nearly two thousand years ago.And it hasn't happened yet.Since you seem knowledge pertaining to the bible,hows about explaining to me ,all the mistakes written in genesis.Surely an all knowing god would get it right about creating light and vegetation in its proper sequence.No excusess JOhn,just the facts.
BW: "Since you seem knowledge pertaining to the bible,hows about explaining to me ,all the mistakes written in genesis.Surely an all knowing god would get it right about creating light and vegetation in its proper sequence.No excusess JOhn,just the facts."

The only answer I have is I don't know. I wasn't there billions of years ago when the universe was created nor durning recorded history about 1450--1410 BC when Genesis was written in the orginal Hebrew. Genesis means "beginnings" or "orgin," and it unvolds the record of the beginning of the world, of human history, of family, of civilization, of salvation. It is the story of God's purpose and plan for his creation. As the book of beginnins, Genesis sets the stage for the for the entire Bible. It reveals the person and nature of God )Creator, Sustainer, Judge, Redeemer); the value and dignity of human beings (made in God's image, saved by grace, used by God in the world); the tragedy and consequences of sin (the fall, separation from God, judgement); and the promise and assurnce of salvation (covenant relationship, forgiveness, promised Messiah).

There are many mistakes written in the Bible. My guess is, in the book of Genesis a scribe could have changed Genisus from the proper sequence when he went on a coffee break or by mistake or it could have been changed to reflect his own theology. Who knows? We don't have the original manuscripts.

It is near ipossible to figure it out Mr. Bill. Sorry I can't answer your question. Pehaps, one of your "Bible Thumper Buddies" can tell us, so, we can both know. I'm not as smart as they are.

If you want to read a book on "Misquoting Jesus" check it out from the library. The "Bible" is full of mistakes, but the "original good news" (The Message) is still the same: Love humans, animals, take care of the earth, love yourself, forgive, and be forgiven. Also, love The Father (Creator).
blairsville devil

Zephyrhills, FL

#319 Dec 16, 2012
John,I like and respect the answer ,when asked a question,which is, "I don't know".I don't think you are from Blairsville or Union County because,I learned while living there that if someone didn't know an answer they immediately devised one whether it was correct or not ,just to please the asker.Congratulations ,you must be an honest person. Do you believe the earth is billions of years and not merely a few thousands? How dare you not believe such nonsence.You are surely going straight to hell.Please tell me your conception of these places called heaven and hell,not because I want to disagree with you,but I need to know what others think on this subject.I don't trust bible thumpers.As a Humanist I have a deep love and respect for humans and lesser animals and,forgive,even those that may hate me.That includes all bible thumpers.I hate what george bush has done,I have a desire to conduct an Elvis Presley and shoot the television when his evil face appears.
blairsville devil

Zephyrhills, FL

#320 Dec 16, 2012
L. Wood,No. 2 I didn't chose to believe the bible an anything else, conclusive thoughts are the product of comparing information available .No.3 I don't want to prove a point.I defend your right to believe and express them.I don't want to cut off your head,because we differ on this subject.Sure,man as we are known had no part in forming this planet.We know very little of the process .Unlike christians ,I don't really care,however I can't accept that it was created by any god.No.4 A Hitler was the product of his society,the Jews were killed for hundreds of years because of their beliefs.Hitler had a lot of help in forming his hatred for the Jews to include Hegel and a host of other German philosophers.I am not defending Hitlers action ,but he had a lot of help,including the German nation, with the final solution. No.7 I agree that god had no hand in killing the children ,because I don't believe there ever was one.If you believe there was ,then you must realize that according to your bible this loving god did kill many innocent children with his flood. Surely you must feel a lot of sadness for what he did.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#321 Dec 16, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
John.I nearly agree that religion is the cause of wars and most other of man's acts against other men and women .If i'm not mistaken the time this chap Jesus was supposed to happen nearly two thousand years ago.And it hasn't happened yet.Since you seem knowledge pertaining to the bible,hows about explaining to me ,all the mistakes written in genesis.Surely an all knowing god would get it right about creating light and vegetation in its proper sequence.No excusess JOhn,just the facts.
There are no Mistakes in Genesis or anywhere in the King James Bible!

“Nuff said!”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#322 Dec 16, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
L. Wood,No. 2 I didn't chose to believe the bible an anything else, conclusive thoughts are the product of comparing information available .No.3 I don't want to prove a point.I defend your right to believe and express them.I don't want to cut off your head,because we differ on this subject.Sure,man as we are known had no part in forming this planet.We know very little of the process .Unlike christians ,I don't really care,however I can't accept that it was created by any god.No.4 A Hitler was the product of his society,the Jews were killed for hundreds of years because of their beliefs.Hitler had a lot of help in forming his hatred for the Jews to include Hegel and a host of other German philosophers.I am not defending Hitlers action ,but he had a lot of help,including the German nation, with the final solution. No.7 I agree that god had no hand in killing the children ,because I don't believe there ever was one.If you believe there was ,then you must realize that according to your bible this loving god did kill many innocent children with his flood. Surely you must feel a lot of sadness for what he did.
I think there are several contributors on the forum with good feedback. I am not quoting scripture to you because I already know you are well read on many subjects and at one time I believe you studied the Bible for more than finding fault.

I would never want to cut your head off either for as intelligent as you are I want you to live. I want you to have eternal life and you will for you are getting closer all the time to finding more in life than books and internet info. I say that for you are slipping a bit when you talked about the forming of this planet.

Yes I know Hitler had help; he had a lot of help. The point I was making was he was a little man but for some reason out of fear and awe he got followers because he displayed power. He convinced others to believe in him and nothing else. I don't believe in the Jewish religion but as humans they did not deserve death. No one needs to be killed for their belief.

I feel sadness for what the 20 year old did. He acted alone and it is he that I blame. There has been no mention of his beliefs and in the days to come we will see if there are any evidence to it. Some of the sins of our world begin at home when God is left out of it. In this case how productive were money, computers, honors student awards, time, guns, and an ego that wants to promote fear and death? I can assure you God is greater and stronger than this 20 year old's short time in that school.
John

Jefferson, GA

#323 Dec 16, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
John,I like and respect the answer ,when asked a question,which is, "I don't know".I don't think you are from Blairsville or Union County because,I learned while living there that if someone didn't know an answer they immediately devised one whether it was correct or not ,just to please the asker.Congratulations ,you must be an honest person.
I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but I am from Union County. Having lived in other parts of the USA, I don't think Union County has a monopoly on making up an answer to life's questions. On this journey called living, I want to know TRUTH. As a thinking Christian, truth will set us free.
blairsville devil wrote:
Do you believe the earth is billions of years [old] and not merely a few thousands? How dare you not believe such nonsence.You are surely going straight to hell.
I love science. If I go straight to hell for believing in the old-age universe vs; new-age earth, I will be among people I admire. If geologist can carbon date pieces of and astroid and determine that it is the same age as rocks on the earth, I suspect science is right about the age of the earth and fundamentalist, evangalical christians, and others who are uneducated in science must be wrong.
blairsville devil wrote:
Please tell me your conception of these places called heaven and hell,not because I want to disagree with you,but I need to know what others think on this subject.I don't trust bible thumpers.
Like I wasn't around when the Big Bang occurred, I have never been to heaven or hell. I was at Walmart the other day and read "Heaven is for Real" which is an experience of a young boy who went to heaven and came back. It is an interesting read. Perhaps, you can read it in Wal-mart, if they have it at your location.

Since matter can never be created or destroyed, as the law of thermodynamics tells us. In the after life you may come back as a couch if your think in terms of atoms, protons, and neutrons. Carl Sagan called matter star stuff.

All the Bible says about Heaven is that Christ went to prepare a place for us. I guess what you are driving at is the existance of a god who caused the universe. While the admission of a designer for the universe ultimately raises the question of a Designer (a subject outside of science), the scientific does not allow us to exclude data which lead to the conclusion of the univers, life and man are based on design.

To be forced to believe only one conclusion--that evrything in the universe happened by chance--would violate the very objectivity of science itself. Certantly there are those who argue that the universe evolved out of a random process, but what rancome process could product the brain o a man or the solar system, pine cones, or the human eye? But must we really light a candle to see the existence of the sun?
blairsville devil wrote:
As a Humanist I have a deep love and respect for humans and lesser animals and,forgive,even those that may hate me.That includes all bible thumpers.I hate what george bush has done,I have a desire to conduct an Elvis Presley and shoot the television when his evil face appears.
As the greatest Humanist the world has ever known, Jesus Christ according to the Bible has deep love and respect for humans and lesser animals. He forgave the organized church (The Jewish Leaders and the mob that said "Crucify Him") for killing him on the cross. As scripture tells us, "He prayed forgive them Father, for they know what they do." Organized religion is still killing Jesus. My mission is to save Jesus from organized religion.
blairsville devil

Zephyrhills, FL

#324 Dec 16, 2012
John,There could be other honest people in Union County,a few of them could even be women.The fact is that I met some of both,men and women.I did learn was that if you were paying a person to work for you ,they would tell you only what they thought you wanted to hear.Many years go I concluded that nothing could be destroyed,but did become other forms of matter.Later I learned that much smarted people thought the same.I posted last week something pertaining to energy and brain waves.It was written more in he vein of satire,but a part of it was objective.I was alluding to re-incarnation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rib Country Waitress 13 min F You 74
Disgraced Judge Barrett to Practice Law in Clev... (Apr '12) 2 hr You suck 9
BOTULISM Dented cans, leaking cans expired cans 2 hr safe 16
Iraq Veterans and Cancer (May '15) 4 hr USMC 8
Dogs riding in Walmart GROCERY Shopping Carts (Jul '14) 14 hr Woman 118
Dumpy, rundown trailer GONE ! Mon Sam Drucker 12
To the Mayor of blairsville ga Mon safe 14

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages