Question for the Locals
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Life is good.”

Since: Oct 11

Lutz, FL

#1 Sep 13, 2012
I have a goal to one day hike the entire AT in one season. Waiting for my kids to both graduate so that will make me 43 when I do it. Need to start training now. Anyhow, I have read many accounts of trail hikers interacting with locals and some things I have read have been favorable, locals like the hikers, and some not. What is your experience in Blairsville with AT through hikers? I suppose it may be different since you are at the beginning of the trail, most are still at it and not yet exhausted.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Location hidden

#2 Sep 13, 2012
shangirl wrote:
I have a goal to one day hike the entire AT in one season. Waiting for my kids to both graduate so that will make me 43 when I do it. Need to start training now. Anyhow, I have read many accounts of trail hikers interacting with locals and some things I have read have been favorable, locals like the hikers, and some not. What is your experience in Blairsville with AT through hikers? I suppose it may be different since you are at the beginning of the trail, most are still at it and not yet exhausted.
I thought I would be nice and give a couple of them a ride that just came off the trail. Needless to say I drove with my head out da window.
blairsville devil

Crystal Springs, FL

#3 Sep 13, 2012
This is a typical post from a sorry s.o.b. A coward.

Location hidden

#4 Sep 13, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
This is a typical post from a sorry s.o.b. A coward.
Bet you wouldnt have the balls to pickup stinking hikers.
blairsville devil

Crystal Springs, FL

#5 Sep 13, 2012
Get back on your sister you lowlife piece of inbred scum.
Ga Girl

Copperhill, TN

#6 Sep 13, 2012
Shangirl I think you would like it. I personally havent but I know a couple that have and they loved it
Lunatic

Blairsville, GA

#7 Sep 13, 2012
If you hike the AT, you're really not going to have that much interaction with the locals unless you get off the trail and get a ride into town for a meal and a shower every once in a while.

Many locals do give courtesy rides to hikers, particularly in the Hiawassee area - bottom line is that if you are nice and friendly, most people around here will be the same.

Well, except for Yankees a-holes like blairsville devil, but he just can't help himself, being so lovesick after being spurned by Julie.
blairsville devil

Crystal Springs, FL

#8 Sep 13, 2012
Shangirl.That would be interesting,educational and putting it in common english ,fun.When I hear of people on the trail the first thing that comes to my mind is the girl that was murdered there.As a female I would not attewmpt to make the journey with out a males presence and a shooting iron.That doesn't mean that women aren't able to provide for their own safety,but we all know how many men are.You have good intentions and associating with the people living close to the trail says something about you.

Location hidden

#9 Sep 13, 2012
Its easier to start in GA and head north to maine cause of the weather it takes about 6 months to do the whole thing.
blairsville devil

Crystal Springs, FL

#10 Sep 13, 2012
Also this .I would love to go the length.If I hadn't smoked them cigs, for nearly thirty years,I would be able to go the route.I kicked the habit nearly thirty years ago ,but not soon enough.

Location hidden

#11 Sep 13, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
Also this .I would love to go the length.If I hadn't smoked them cigs, for nearly thirty years,I would be able to go the route.I kicked the habit nearly thirty years ago ,but not soon enough.
In your prime you couldnt walk the first 10 yards.
blairsville devil

Crystal Springs, FL

#12 Sep 13, 2012
Lunatick,A morre appropriate for Amos.Some people can change their forum names but are unable to alter their personalities.
Ga Girl

Copperhill, TN

#13 Sep 13, 2012
I think that everyone should go back to the first post and get back on subject here

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#14 Sep 13, 2012
It is the same old thing. I can be a way a few weeks and come back, and it still the same. People you really need to develop some hobbies other than topix

Location hidden

#15 Sep 13, 2012
Ga Girl wrote:
I think that everyone should go back to the first post and get back on subject here
I have stayed on topic you people are hijacking shan's thread.
blairsville devil

Crystal Springs, FL

#16 Sep 13, 2012
Buzz off little trashy bee. The woman was right you are nothing but a little man,with a big mouth.
Ga Girl

Copperhill, TN

#17 Sep 13, 2012
Timmy boy go get a life

Location hidden

#18 Sep 13, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
Buzz off little trashy bee. The woman was right you are nothing but a little man,with a big mouth.
You have the big mouth.

Location hidden

#19 Sep 13, 2012
Ga Girl wrote:
Timmy boy go get a life
You people know nuthin bout the A.T. I was answering Shan's question and you peoples keeps buttin in.
Jenkins in a jerk

Jefferson, GA

#20 Sep 14, 2012
Lunatic wrote:
If you hike the AT, you're really not going to have that much interaction with the locals unless you get off the trail and get a ride into town for a meal and a shower every once in a while.
Many locals do give courtesy rides to hikers, particularly in the Hiawassee area - bottom line is that if you are nice and friendly, most people around here will be the same.
Well, except for Yankees a-holes like blairsville devil, but he just can't help himself, being so lovesick after being spurned by Julie.
That is the funniest thing I've read on topix. Good one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Election Superintendent Garrison Baker: Charact... (Sep '11) 52 min Goldie 2
Dealing with Garrison BakerJudge? Sat Pat Jones 1
Muslim in Blairsville Apr 27 dgd748 38
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) Apr 27 dgd748 464
Floridees Apr 26 Timmy is a homer ... 4
Union County Sole Commissioners Lamar Paris "S... (Jun '15) Apr 26 hvactinknocker 92
THAT Falling Apart Decrepit Trailer Apr 25 The Mountains Noise 95

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages