Jury nullification
Stop The Madness

Cornelia, GA

#1 Nov 8, 2013
One of the best ways to turn the court system of Union County back around is Jury nullification. This is the law that basically says that the people rule above anything else..Even a law on the books.

Education is key to this. Teach everyone you know about their rights regarding Jury Nullification.

From Wiki---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullificati...

Jury nullification occurs in a trial when a jury acquits a defendant they believe to be guilty of the charges against them. This may occur when members of the jury disagree with the law the defendant has been charged with, or believe that the law should not be applied in that particular case. A jury can similarly convict a defendant on the ground of disagreement with an existing law, even if no law is broken (although in jurisdictions with double jeopardy rules, a conviction can be overturned on appeal, but an acquittal cannot).

A jury verdict contrary to the letter of the law pertains only to the particular case before it. If a pattern of acquittals develops, however, in response to repeated attempts to prosecute a statutory offence, this can have the de facto effect of invalidating the statute. A pattern of jury nullification may indicate public opposition to an unwanted legislative enactment.

In the past, it was feared that a single judge or panel of government officials may be unduly influenced to follow established legal practice, even when that practice had drifted from its origins. In most modern Western legal systems, however, juries are often instructed to serve only as "finders of facts", whose role it is to determine the veracity of the evidence presented, and the weight accorded to the evidence,[1] to apply that evidence to the law and reach a verdict, but not to decide what the law is. Similarly, juries are routinely cautioned by courts and some attorneys not to allow sympathy for a party or other affected persons to compromise the fair and dispassionate evaluation of evidence during the guilt phase of a trial. These instructions are criticized by advocates of jury nullification. Some commonly cited historical examples of jury nullification involve the refusal of American colonial juries to convict a defendant under English law.[2]

Juries have also refused to convict due to the perceived injustice of a law in general,[3] or the perceived injustice of the way the law is applied in particular cases.[4] There have also been cases where the juries have refused to convict due to their own prejudices such as the race of one of the parties in the case.[5]
Stop The Madness

Cornelia, GA

#2 Nov 8, 2013
Just Sayin

Jefferson, GA

#3 Nov 8, 2013
TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS.

The people are going to have to start taking this country back in all aspects of Government. Courts have turned into a Money making game along with everything else. Probation for fees. No one is allowed a Jury Trial without Black male, Threats etc. There is NO case law to support these actions. Just a violation of your Constitutional Rights and Due Process. And what sad about it all -- those in these positions admit to the crime and no one holds them accountable. Stand up folks
So true

United States

#4 Dec 2, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS.

The people are going to have to start taking this country back in all aspects of Government. Courts have turned into a Money making game along with everything else. Probation for fees. No one is allowed a Jury Trial without Black male, Threats etc. There is NO case law to support these actions. Just a violation of your Constitutional Rights and Due Process. And what sad about it all -- those in these positions admit to the crime and no one holds them accountable. Stand up folks
Most people in this area can't afford to stand up for themselves. There are/were so many cases that people "have" to plea guilty or agree to a plea. Otherwise, they'll get a much harsher sentencing if they challenge it and lose, defendants are even told this upfront. The old saying you can beat the rap but not the ride stands very true in this area. It's a standing joke in law enforcement throw it out there and see what sticks! I'm far from anti-law enforcement, I just believe that people have rights as well.
oh my

Byron, GA

#5 Dec 2, 2013
I totally agree with this. IF those in the grand Jury would do the same. There is knowledge that the Da is not taking cases before the grand jury with all evidence being they are omitting the facts that prove a person did not commit the crime. They are SUPPOSE to present both.. It never happens. as it is said the grand jury will convict a HAM SANDWICH. They are just not given the facts that are true. IMPROPER GRAND JURY INDICTMENTS ABOUND.

So going back.. the The Grand Jury's in this circuit were ran properly that would save many issues down the road.

Plea Bargins are actually Unconstitutional. They are known as "accepted practice" Here known as threats to prevent a trial. DUE PROCESS... violation of DUE PROCESS.

If an attorney in this area took every plea arrangement made before the State Appeals Court they would be a wealthy person. A violation code 1983 in everyone.

jmo
oh my

Byron, GA

#6 Dec 2, 2013
A harsher sentence is a violation of your Constitutional rights. I understand many cant afford attorney fees but look at it this way; If you take Threatening tactic given you by a public defender you will be paying anyway.

You will be give Probation fees, fines etc. You will not be able to afford that therefore a violation of probation. Back to jail or the court will tack on more fees and fines...

STAND UP FOR YOURSELF. I have began to see many represent themselves in court and they are dong a great job. You know your case better than that of an attorney anyway.. You know what questions to ask you were there they were not.

STOP USING A PUBLIC DEFENDER.. they are state employees along with the DA and the Judge... Do ya get the drift... all are state againt you even your attorney
corn cobb

Byron, GA

#7 Dec 2, 2013
i hope to be the corn cobb,, I feel like I have been used as one,, keep in mind under USC a prosecutor cannot legally present a case without a witness or he himself was a witness,, why because the grand jury can question the witness,,,yet in reading many reviews I have found it is common practice for the DA to present cases without witnesses,, I have seen documents where people were call as witness yet the subpoena never served and returned to the courts as required by law,,they were only issued,, seems they have been allowed to run to free to long and supporting the ego thing,, far from justice,,,until we stand,, it will never change, we must force the issues of justice,,not expect it, nor accept it,, but demand it
sip

Byron, GA

#8 Dec 2, 2013
Corn Cobb, This circuit screws or what the outside world calls " Discriminates" daily.

Exposure of 1983 violations on the way.. and it does not "Discriminate " against any of the corrupt crowd.

js
Benny

Cleveland, GA

#9 Dec 3, 2013
The judicial system all across our country is crooked . We have to start cleaning house in city , county , state , and federal level . This thread is a good place to start educating the people as to our rights and the abuse we are suffering . Thanks to whom ever started this thread and sharing .Those videos on the side are worth watching .
Kingman

Cleveland, GA

#10 Dec 3, 2013
Stop The Madness wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4DHwSa2YMx8XX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Good viewing .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump brings country to a new low. 1 hr Ugly is a PIG 103
School system secret 2 hr Fud 7
Union County School Board / superintendent 5 hr Great Muta 8
Mickey Cummings = RINO 12 hr Barry Obama 396
Smoke 19 hr doo 18
New building Sun Retired Rich Pilot 12
doctors Sun Retired Rich Pilot 8

Blairsville Jobs

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages