Local banks in Blairsville
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
I KNOW

Jefferson, GA

#43 Jul 3, 2014
Cohootie wrote:
How do I get to be in "cohots" with Lamar?
Heard you and HE were Big Buddies
PARIS

Jefferson, GA

#44 Jul 3, 2014
Just a Thought wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be calling him man. That is an insult to the word.
Your right I met to Call him LITTLE BOY.
Melvin

Jasper, GA

#45 Jul 24, 2014
I thought UCB paid back all the TARP money ... with interest.

No banker I know would initiate foreclosure against a client who was viable and had the means to repay - it is rarely, if ever, in the bank's best financial interest to do that. Loss share banks are different (C&S, etc.), but with regard to local banks, I believe this to be true. There are many stories of banks refusing to "work with people", but the reality is that in many, if not most of those cases, the property owner had no reasonable means to repay the debt. A bank can't hold a nonperforming loan on its books indefinitely, so action has to be taken at some point if the customer can't make reasonable payment arrangements.

I know several banks that bent over backwards to try to help their customers, both commercial and consumer: putting loans on an interest only basis, foregoing foreclosure action well beyond the time it would normally be necessary, accepting short sales, not pursuing legal action on post foreclosure deficiencies, etc. Those were instances where the customer had some reasonable means to repay and/or were working diligently on a solution. I also saw people who had no means in sight to remedy their situation and who were upset that the bank "wouldn't work with them" ....

Sadly, there were also cases where it appears obvious that unethical and illegal activities were taking place (e.g., Gilmer County Bank). Overall, though, I think fraud was a very small part of the situation.

A lot of heavy accusations were leveled against UCB management by one of the posters here (I believe) over the last few years, but as far as I knpw, none of them had any merit.

Best of luck in your search. If you are happy where you are and don't have a routine need to physically visit a branch, you should be fine considering so much is available online.
ACOG

Jefferson, GA

#46 Jul 24, 2014
A lot of heavy accusations were leveled against UCB management by one of the posters here (I believe) over the last few years, but as far as I knpw, none of them had any merit.

Did you do a investigation to see if they had merit?

UCBI

http://theacog.webs.com/ucb.htm
In the know

Columbus, GA

#47 Jul 24, 2014
Retired Rich Golfer wrote:
Bank cashed a five-figure check from another state without batting an eye. No hold.
Got a quick personal loan for my son in 10 minutes.
Can't beat UCBI.
Retired Rich Golfer teaches golf to the families who started ucbi (Bracketts carter) and such. THAT is why he is so happy to kiss up.
retired smart investor

United States

#48 Jul 25, 2014
Retired Rich Golfer wrote:
Bank cashed a five-figure check from another state without batting an eye. No hold.
Got a quick personal loan for my son in 10 minutes.
Can't beat UCBI.
As Shania says "that don't impress me none". They cashed a six figure check for me, and my child makes enough money that he doesn't have to get loans, and I have enough money that he would not have to go to a bank. You are so in love with yourself. I know enough about banking to know they don't look at the state it comes from they look at the owner of the account the check is written on, and they do call and verify funds. You like to blow, and people who have money don't talk about it.
tmv post

AOL

#49 Jul 26, 2014
Lot of lying blowhards on here trying to impress people with how rich they are - probably with ill gotten gains. My investigation report regarding management at United Community Bank stands on its own merit. It provided factual documents, and asked questions that NO ONE in the bank has been willing to answer.

http://goo.gl/52lCGl < 53 page report

One question still unanswered is...... Did the two Bank Directors (Head/Nelson) ever make good on the personal guarantees they signed on this multi-million dollar deal. OTHER people in the same situation were reated viciously, foreclosed on, assetts cross colateralized ad stripped. How were the insiders treated? Generous remodification anfter remodification.

TWO sets of rules: One for Regular people & One for Insiders

And UCBI paid back TARP - but had to take out a line of credit from Synovus to do it. They BORROWED the money. Bank is simply shuffling toxic assets around o paper. No different from the big banks.

Patience and Fundamental Principles always wins out in the end.

Nothing has changed. The prophecy remains the same. The bank will collapse and signal the beginning of systemwide collapse.

Peace,
- david
aka The Mountains Voice
Feels Like A Nut

Blairsville, GA

#50 Jul 26, 2014
tmv post wrote:
Lot of lying blowhards on here trying to impress people with how rich they are - probably with ill gotten gains. My investigation report regarding management at United Community Bank stands on its own merit. It provided factual documents, and asked questions that NO ONE in the bank has been willing to answer.
http://goo.gl/52lCGl < 53 page report
One question still unanswered is...... Did the two Bank Directors (Head/Nelson) ever make good on the personal guarantees they signed on this multi-million dollar deal. OTHER people in the same situation were reated viciously, foreclosed on, assetts cross colateralized ad stripped. How were the insiders treated? Generous remodification anfter remodification.
TWO sets of rules: One for Regular people & One for Insiders
And UCBI paid back TARP - but had to take out a line of credit from Synovus to do it. They BORROWED the money. Bank is simply shuffling toxic assets around o paper. No different from the big banks.
Patience and Fundamental Principles always wins out in the end.
Nothing has changed. The prophecy remains the same. The bank will collapse and signal the beginning of systemwide collapse.
Peace,
- david
aka The Mountains Voice
I see the nut is back in town..
tmv post

AOL

#51 Jul 26, 2014
Feels Like A Nut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not yet.
well

Canton, GA

#52 Jul 26, 2014
I didn't know you ever left.
Feels Like A Nut wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sybil Denise Bellew (Dec '12) 1 hr asnt 72
Union County teacher arrested 4 hr Jimmy Olson 43
News Middle school PE teacher arrested for sex with ... 4 hr Jimmy Olson 27
BoonDocks 4 hr Luca Brasi 3
Thieves... Liars 20 hr Wondering 17
The Mark Of The Beast (Aug '11) Wed The Mountains Noise 300
Still proud of your President? Tue The laughing Man 205

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance