Local banks in Blairsville

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bears Way

Hollywood, FL

#1 Jun 18, 2014
What experience and recommendations for normal daily banking.?.
Retired Rich Golfer

Murphy, NC

#2 Jun 18, 2014
UCBI for years and years.
Best customer service and always convenient.
Two banks in Blairsville and one in Ingles (Ingles stays open on Saturdays after the main banks close.)
Branch in Ingles Blue Ridge, too.
UCBI located in Blue Ridge, Ellijay, Hiawassee, Hayesville, McCayesville, Cleveland, Clarksville, and more.
Retired Rich Golfer

Murphy, NC

#3 Jun 18, 2014
Bank cashed a five-figure check from another state without batting an eye. No hold.

Got a quick personal loan for my son in 10 minutes.

Can't beat UCBI.
just the way it is

Jefferson, GA

#4 Jun 18, 2014
Retired Rich Golfer wrote:
Bank cashed a five-figure check from another state without batting an eye. No hold.
Got a quick personal loan for my son in 10 minutes.
Can't beat UCBI.
that's because you are in the cohots with lamar
Retired Rich Golfer

Murphy, NC

#5 Jun 18, 2014
"cohots" with Lamar? LMAO

You dumb shit, that isn't a word!
BO BO

Jefferson, GA

#7 Jun 18, 2014
UCBI for years and years.
Best customer service and always convenient.
Two banks in Blairsville and one in Ingles (Ingles stays open on Saturdays after the main banks close.)
Branch in Ingles Blue Ridge, too.
UCBI located in Blue Ridge, Ellijay, Hiawassee, Hayesville, McCayesville, Cleveland, Clarksville, and more.
Also known as the land grabber bank. Most intelligent people are going over to Cadence. UCB cannot be trusted and C&S and Park Sterling are just ripping off the FDIC. Cadence is for real.
just the way it is

Jefferson, GA

#8 Jun 19, 2014
"cohots" with Lamar? LMAO
You dumb shit, that isn't a word!
noticed in this weeks paper lamar using your words. why spend money on the jail, we need to spend it on the law abiding citizens. are you in bed with lamar?
tmv post

AOL

#9 Jun 19, 2014
BO BO wrote:
<quoted text>Also known as the land grabber bank. Most intelligent people are going over to Cadence. UCB cannot be trusted and C&S and Park Sterling are just ripping off the FDIC. Cadence is for real.
I don't know Park Sterling but the scant I do know is that they are basically profiteering off the FDIC and Taxpayer. C&S I know was created to profit from the misery of the foreclosure mess. I know a bit about them, and they seemed a bit ruthless after being spoonfed by the FDIC.

Anyone that knows me - knows my opinion of UCBI, but I will resummarize: They were one of the most ruthless foreclosers out there. Ask the developers and builders how they were cross collaterallized and unmercifully treated. Last I checked, they were also one of the only local banks to charge a monthly checking fee on lower level accounts. They also managed to work with the local government to help come up with a brilliant financing scheme for the new multipurpose building, in which they soaked the tax payers with a frontloaded interest only loan. On top of that you have some executive/board members who have a history of playing fast and loose with their insider positions - seemingly taking advantage of their position to get some ridiculous loan guarantees. Two insiders, WC Nelson & Bob Head, are known to have guaranteed loans for others that involved money from their bank beng used to make the loan - said loan going into foreclosure - and it is not clear that the loan was ever fully repaid, or the guarantee enacted. So to put the word "Comunity" in their name is really an insult.

So my opinion would be that people should support a bank that at least so far actually is a "Community" bank.

CADENCE BANK, for what it is worth. Although I would look at a credit union if there was one conveneint. Maybe something will be done about that one day.

Peace,
- david
aka The Mountains Voice
Retired Rich Golfer

Webster, NC

#10 Jun 19, 2014
BO BO wrote:
<quoted text>Also known as the land grabber bank. Most intelligent people are going over to Cadence. UCB cannot be trusted and C&S and Park Sterling are just ripping off the FDIC. Cadence is for real.
Cadance has limited hours of operation_closed on Saturday_one branch locally in Blairsville. The Blue Ridge branch closed.

Local businesses bank at UCBI. The other banks are literally empty most of the business hours.
Retired Rich Golfer

Webster, NC

#11 Jun 19, 2014
just the way it is wrote:
<quoted text>
noticed in this weeks paper lamar using your words. why spend money on the jail, we need to spend it on the law abiding citizens. are you in bed with lamar?
Agree with the concept. He's right.
Retired Rich Golfer

Webster, NC

#12 Jun 19, 2014
tmv post wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know Park Sterling but the scant I do know is that they are basically profiteering off the FDIC and Taxpayer. C&S I know was created to profit from the misery of the foreclosure mess. I know a bit about them, and they seemed a bit ruthless after being spoonfed by the FDIC.
Anyone that knows me - knows my opinion of UCBI, but I will resummarize: They were one of the most ruthless foreclosers out there. Ask the developers and builders how they were cross collaterallized and unmercifully treated. Last I checked, they were also one of the only local banks to charge a monthly checking fee on lower level accounts. They also managed to work with the local government to help come up with a brilliant financing scheme for the new multipurpose building, in which they soaked the tax payers with a frontloaded interest only loan. On top of that you have some executive/board members who have a history of playing fast and loose with their insider positions - seemingly taking advantage of their position to get some ridiculous loan guarantees. Two insiders, WC Nelson & Bob Head, are known to have guaranteed loans for others that involved money from their bank beng used to make the loan - said loan going into foreclosure - and it is not clear that the loan was ever fully repaid, or the guarantee enacted. So to put the word "Comunity" in their name is really an insult.
So my opinion would be that people should support a bank that at least so far actually is a "Community" bank.
CADENCE BANK, for what it is worth. Although I would look at a credit union if there was one conveneint. Maybe something will be done about that one day.
Peace,
- david
aka The Mountains Voice
All your millions are stashed in which bank?
Like you are someone I would listen to since you haven't got a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.
Peon. Nothing but a mouthy peon.

Great day on the golf course!

BTW, a person who can't pay their mortgage should A.) be coddled, B.) be held responsible, or C.) relinquish their property?
Retired Rich Golfer

Webster, NC

#13 Jun 19, 2014
Bears Way, Here's the test and a solution to your question.
Take a look at the customers at each of the banks. Which bank has the most customers? Which bank seems the busiest? Which bank offers the most? How busy is the bank inside Ingles?

Also, UCBI's banking fee is a pittance.

Now, it is up to you to decide.
tmv post

Fitzgerald, GA

#14 Jun 19, 2014
BTW, a person who can't pay their mortgage should A.) be coddled, B.) be held responsible, or C.) relinquish their property?
You missed one:

D) treated in a fair manner, exactly the same as bank insiders.

If a man with a family has lost his job, had his business revenue take a downturn, misjudged the business environment and gotten himself in a bind, or had some other misfortune, and is having troubles making ends meet on his primary residence, home to his wife and children......

THEN THE QUESTION IS....

Do you think that family man deserves at least as much patience, leniency, and debt restructuring allowance AS AN INSIDER that is running around sucking millions of dollars of bank money into high stakes, ill-thought out land development schemes.

Simple Question. Yes or No.

Does the family man deserve at least equal treatment? Because they didn't get it.
tmv post

Fitzgerald, GA

#15 Jun 19, 2014
PS.... I do agree that it would be "easiest" to bank with UCBI. That is the American way after all.... take the easy way. Even though you are effectively "voting with your wallet" - as long as you can save a few seconds here or there, or a penny or two - then who cares if the business you support - support the community you live in.
Bears Way

Hollywood, FL

#16 Jun 19, 2014
Thank you all. I will need a local bank and choosing is difficult . I guess I could stay with my bank I've used forever. Closest branch is Canton . Boarding my horse there so I will be there often .
BO BO

Jefferson, GA

#17 Jun 19, 2014
Bears Way wrote:
Thank you all. I will need a local bank and choosing is difficult . I guess I could stay with my bank I've used forever. Closest branch is Canton . Boarding my horse there so I will be there often .
If they have always done you right then that is the smart thing to do. Just look and you are smart enough to know that their isn't much choice in Blairsville. UCB, C&S and Park Sterling are scamers. Cadence is a small bank but fair.
Retired Rich Golfer

Webster, NC

#18 Jun 19, 2014
Bears Way wrote:
I bank with Chase in Canton, as well.
Do not need to explain the reason why.

tmv - bottom line is most people who have been coddled and given ample opportunity by lenders to pay their mortgage and get caught up don't do it and end up failing in the long run. If a person can't afford property, they should sell it before the bank foreclosures. A lot of people are in arrears to the point of no return. Banks are a business, not your mommy and daddy.
Oh really

Tucker, GA

#20 Jun 19, 2014
<quoted text>
I bank with Chase in Canton, as well.
Do not need to explain the reason why.
tmv - bottom line is most people who have been coddled and given ample opportunity by lenders to pay their mortgage and get caught up don't do it and end up failing in the long run. If a person can't afford property, they should sell it before the bank foreclosures. A lot of people are in arrears to the point of no return. Banks are a business, not your mommy and daddy.
If what you believe is true then using your own logic here is my reply. Most Banks were given ample opportunity to investigate and check to see if the people and businesses they were lending too had the finances to pay it back and collateral to cover their loan. So the banks got caught up and didn't do that and began to fail in the long run. The citizens of the United States are not the banks Mommy and Daddy and should not have had to provide bail out money to the banks because they weren't doing what they were supposed to. UCBI received 180 million dollars in bail out money. How much of that did their customers receive?
Just Mike

Acworth, GA

#21 Jun 19, 2014
BO BO wrote:
Totally agree with you, BO BO, both about Cadence being "cool" and land-grabbing UCB. Cadence doesn't have ATM's all over, but they DO refund a set number of ATM fees charged by "other" banks each month. They are very nice, friendly folks at the Blairsville branch!!

Did I mention that Cadence has freshly baked cookies for branch visitors each day?
PARIS

Cornelia, GA

#22 Jun 19, 2014
<quoted text>
All your millions are stashed in which bank?
Like you are someone I would listen to since you haven't got a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.
Peon. Nothing but a mouthy peon.
Great day on the golf course!
And where are all your PENNIES tucked away LLITTLE MAN?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Union general Hospital 3 hr Dr Feelgood 2
UCSO is a joke 3 hr Hank Kimball 2
NGN lied in article 7 hr IntheKnow 25
Places for rent. 7 hr Landlord 12
Why are people so rude amd hateful on this page Tue dgd478 75
Where's Timmy ? Mon MMA FIGHTER 13
ATT cell service or lack thereof Oct 16 thankful 2

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance