Why the Area Tool was Disconnected fr...

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#21 Jul 26, 2012
In the first place this is a service you as a taxpayer have already paid dearly, and is public in nature.

Although it is not uncommon for some cities or counties to double dip, and for revenue producing reasons charge and charge again for the same services relabeled by other descriptions for the purposes of higher “fee” tiers; but that then follows an obligation to actually produce the product at the tier level for which you have paid.

So, with that said, if under subscription you are paying for a software tool you are then entitled to without debate.

Thus, if you are the Commissioner, you have removed your tyrannical ability to have totalitarian control over information you do not wish to have exposed.

Not really rocket science.

ACOG

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#22 Jul 26, 2012
Did The Govenor Call back wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I believe you, but let us see them please.
You would be shocked if I said I do not support Lamar because of his tax and spend ways, but more than that I do not support your mouth trying to belittle everything that goes on in UC! It is called "Democracy" if needed he will be voted out (hopefully but doubtful), but we do not need a disgruntle person telling us anything.
Why don't you send the Governor a Open Records Request and ask him to send you a copy. It's dated May 18, 2012 if you would really like to see it.

www.cleanandopen.org
Dead Bob

Commerce, GA

#23 Jul 26, 2012
Just Asking Questions wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't Susie appointed by Lamar?
We've been over this before. Susie has been there since Lamar was in diapers. He may have re-appointed her, but so has every commissioner (probably they were called Ordinaries when she started) since she started. And that includes former Commissioner Harold Cook, by the way.
Lefty

Commerce, GA

#24 Jul 26, 2012
Floridian wrote:
Oh that kind of tool. I thought you were talking about Slowpok.
No one was talking about a broken and useless tool.(Just joking, Slow!)
Just Asking Questions

Manning, SC

#25 Jul 26, 2012
Daffy Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
If the information on the website is so accurate, why does it show my property lines and acreage improperly??? And, they even misspelled my name.(Of course, my tax bill always seem to manages to get to me!)
Would it seem that it's pretty accurate when real estate listing many times say that the info comes from the area tool?
Sonny

Cleveland, GA

#26 Jul 26, 2012
Do you really think Harold ever put any pressure on Susie to manipulate her office to his advantage? If you think that you don’t know him. In my opinion the only reason Harold is not still in office is because he is too damn straight. He treated everyone the same. He never played the deceit and power game. He left office with a million in the coffers, and it was gone the first months of Lamar’s reign. In the decades since I have been here he is the only Ordinary, Sole commissioner who left office and wasn’t a rich man. That alone is testament to his honest character.
Question

Morganton, GA

#27 Jul 26, 2012
Sonny wrote:
Do you really think Harold ever put any pressure on Susie to manipulate her office to his advantage? If you think that you don’t know him. In my opinion the only reason Harold is not still in office is because he is too damn straight. He treated everyone the same. He never played the deceit and power game. He left office with a million in the coffers, and it was gone the first months of Lamar’s reign. In the decades since I have been here he is the only Ordinary, Sole commissioner who left office and wasn’t a rich man. That alone is testament to his honest character.
Have you noticed that no county roads to speak of have been resurfaced since harold cook left office?
Kent Brockman

Commerce, GA

#28 Jul 26, 2012
Question wrote:
<quoted text>Have you noticed that no county roads to speak of have been resurfaced since harold cook left office?
Are you speculating on that, or are you able to prove it?

ACOG

Location hidden

#29 Jul 26, 2012
We have notced Lamar took over 154 roads since 2002. 105 were on his private road list. Wonder if he has R/W's for all those roads? I wonder if they were all brought up to county specs and paved before he took them over. Or were they all like his Tombstone Rd.

We will soon be finding out.

More information on Tombstone can be found on our website at:

www.cleanandopen.org

ACOG

Location hidden

#30 Jul 26, 2012
Kent Brockman wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you speculating on that, or are you able to prove it?
Why don't you give him some proof otherwise?

www.cleanandopen.org

[email protected]
Oh come on

Douglas, GA

#31 Jul 26, 2012
Sonny wrote:
Yeah and the town looked like his tire shop.
Tsplost

Commerce, GA

#32 Jul 27, 2012
Oh come on wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and the town looked like his tire shop.

There's a lot worse looking places than Harolds tire shop. you need to get out more often.

Lakehouse owner

Peachtree City, GA

#33 Jul 27, 2012
Did The Govenor Call back wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I believe you, but let us see them please.
You would be shocked if I said I do not support Lamar because of his tax and spend ways, but more than that I do not support your mouth trying to belittle everything that goes on in UC! It is called "Democracy" if needed he will be voted out (hopefully but doubtful), but we do not need a disgruntle person telling us anything.
Very fair and well said!

“On a clear day, I can see ”

Since: Feb 09

Alltowns, USA

#34 Jul 27, 2012
T'would seem to me, that many years prior to this, there was this little uprising that had something to do with taxation without representation. Now, being an observer to these proceedings, I find it somewhat amazing that even though this has been (apparently?) going on for some time, it's been allowed to continue.
Obviously, the benefits gained are mostly within the "clique" that rules at the moment.
Being a bonified gov't entity does not entitle one to profit.
Rather, a "reasonable" compensation for time spent doing a service to the community and it's citizens would be expected rather than demanded.
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

#35 Jul 27, 2012
Just Asking Questions wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Would it seem that it's pretty accurate when real estate listing many times say that the info comes from the area tool?
I suspect that what you have seen on Real Estate Listings is that the square footage value came from the Tax Card. In the vast majority of cases the acreage value will be stated either in the deed or on the survey. If a Realtor were to rely solely on the area tool for an acreage value hopefully they realize the inherent inaccuracy in the underlying data and that the GIS representation of the parcels are only approximations.

ACOG

Location hidden

#36 Jul 27, 2012
I have talked wih several Realtors after the T-Party meeting.

What was said that evening sparked their interest.

This is why I put this information on TOPIX. I knew I had a letter from Susie to show her reason why she had it removed.

My question to Susie is just how many other people are getting tax breaks like Lamar? Is this why the tool was really removed? Is this the real reason you will not have it activated?

www.cleanandopen.org
Just Asking Questions

Manning, SC

#37 Jul 27, 2012
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that what you have seen on Real Estate Listings is that the square footage value came from the Tax Card. In the vast majority of cases the acreage value will be stated either in the deed or on the survey. If a Realtor were to rely solely on the area tool for an acreage value hopefully they realize the inherent inaccuracy in the underlying data and that the GIS representation of the parcels are only approximations.
Nope. Do an internet search with the terms real estate area tool union county and you'll see results that mention the property's size came from the area tool. The results explicitly mention the area tool. It's standard procedure to have disclaimers on webpages, regardless of the accuracy of the data. It's to cover those infrequent times that the data is incorrect and to protect from lawsuits resulting from the data.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#38 Jul 27, 2012
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
The tool is accurate enough that it has been used in court and not deemed inaccuract.
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

#40 Jul 27, 2012
Reb Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
The tool is accurate enough that it has been used in court and not deemed inaccuract.
Then you should be able to provide a reference.

ACOG

Location hidden

#41 Jul 27, 2012
It was accurate enough to know things were not correct on Lamars property.

The problem WAS NOT the AREA TOOL.

The Problem was the PERSON THAT ENTERED how many acres Lamar owns on his tax records.

This is just another blame game that Lamar uses.

How many years has Ms. Susie been in her job?

www.cleanandopen.org

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Transplant 2 hr Timmy is gay 26
Fall in Florida 6 hr Timmy is gay 12
Solution to the Florida problem 8 hr Timmy is gay 35
Floridiots strikes again. 9 hr Timmy is gay 12
Floridiot swamp birds. Sun The Mountains Noise 2
Why so many Georgians with limps ? Jan 14 gamule 42
Nates Jan 13 Jersey Boy 11

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance