Why the Area Tool was Disconnected fr...

Why the Area Tool was Disconnected from the Board of Assessors Website

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

ACOG

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#1 Jul 26, 2012
A question came up at the T-Party Meeting where Lamar Paris announced he was running again for commission.

The person asked WHY was the AREA TOOL Disconnected from the Tax Assessors Office and would Lamar do something to have it reconnected.

Lamar said he did not know why it was disconnected and NO he would not interfere with the Tax Assessors decision to disconnect it.

I spoke up and said that Area Tool was disconnected AFTER MV found all the discrepancies in Lamar’s Personal Property.

On June 8, 2011 I wrote Susie Phillips and asked her,“Why was this area tool disconnected so the public can not use it when it was in fact the tool that found the discrepancies?

“When will the area tool be back in use?

June 9, 2011

To: Linda Pittman

In answer to your Open Records Request dated 6/8/11

It has come to the attention of the Union County Board of Assessors that the area determination tools have been used in data mining of our websites, and used to report acreage discrepancies without consideration of any disclaimers we have posted on each site regarding the accuracy of data therein. Therefore it is for this reason that the Union County Board of Assessors has made the decision to remove or disable any area or linear measuring tools from both websites under its administration.

The Union County Board of Assessors makes no warranties as to the accuracy of the data on either website administered by our agency. Union County makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of any parcel map data. Parcel maps reflect data from several sources and the accuracy varies accordingly. The majority of the data was digitized from paper maps, a source of which the accuracy is impossible to quantify. Therefore, all property line data should be interpreted as approximate.

Susie Phillips

This area tool was extremely accurate. What amazes me is the tax office information on the Owner and parcel Information shows, sales date, deed book, plat page, ect. The number of Lamar’s acrerage on the tax information did not match what the area tool showed. Lamar’s land was easy to verify. The tax records were incorrect. Lamar knew exactly how many acres he had and said nothing for 22 years.

The information on Lamar’s personal land can be found on our website at:

www.cleanandopen.org

This is what happens when you blow the whistle in this County. Cover it up. Susie is appointed by Lamar. If you want the area tool reconnected and the cover ups to go away it just take one little VOTE.

Get out and Vote, Take YOUR COUNTY BACK!
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

#2 Jul 26, 2012
ACOG wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
...The Union County Board of Assessors makes no warranties as to the accuracy of the data on either website administered by our agency. Union County makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of any parcel map data. Parcel maps reflect data from several sources and the accuracy varies accordingly. The majority of the data was digitized from paper maps, a source of which the accuracy is impossible to quantify. Therefore, all property line data should be interpreted as approximate.
Susie Phillips
There's your answer, but of course you know better.

Wonder why Buyers are advised to get a new survey to be sure.

ACOG

Location hidden

#3 Jul 26, 2012
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
There's your answer, but of course you know better.
Wonder why Buyers are advised to get a new survey to be sure.
The information was reported to their office. They made the changes and removed the area tool. Had this been any other persons property Do You Really Think the area tool would have been disconnected?

Maybe I should not ask that question, I just remembered I'm responding to Oh My!

www.cleanandopen.org
Daffy Duck

Commerce, GA

#4 Jul 26, 2012
ACOG wrote:
A question came up at the T-Party Meeting where Lamar Paris announced he was running again for commission.
The person asked WHY was the AREA TOOL Disconnected from the Tax Assessors Office and would Lamar do something to have it reconnected.
Lamar said he did not know why it was disconnected and NO he would not interfere with the Tax Assessors decision to disconnect it.
I spoke up and said that Area Tool was disconnected AFTER MV found all the discrepancies in Lamar’s Personal Property.
On June 8, 2011 I wrote Susie Phillips and asked her,“Why was this area tool disconnected so the public can not use it when it was in fact the tool that found the discrepancies?
June 9, 2011
It has come to the attention of the Union County Board of Assessors that the area determination tools have been used in data mining of our websites, and used to report acreage discrepancies without consideration of any disclaimers we have posted on each site regarding the accuracy of data therein. Therefore it is for this reason that the Union County Board of Assessors has made the decision to remove or disable any area or linear measuring tools from both websites under its administration.
The Union County Board of Assessors makes no warranties as to the accuracy of the data on either website administered by our agency. Union County makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of any parcel map data. Parcel maps reflect data from several sources and the accuracy varies accordingly. The majority of the data was digitized from paper maps, a source of which the accuracy is impossible to quantify. Therefore, all property line data should be interpreted as approximate.
Susie Phillips
This area tool was extremely accurate. What amazes me is the tax office information on the Owner and parcel Information shows, sales date, deed book, plat page, ect. The number of Lamar’s acrerage on the tax information did not match what the area tool showed. Lamar’s land was easy to verify. The tax records were incorrect. Lamar knew exactly how many acres he had and said nothing for 22 years.
www.cleanandopen.org
This is what happens when you blow the whistle in this County. Cover it up. Susie is appointed by Lamar. If you want the area tool reconnected and the cover ups to go away it just take one little VOTE.
If the information on the website is so accurate, why does it show my property lines and acreage improperly??? And, they even misspelled my name.(Of course, my tax bill always seem to manages to get to me!)
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

#5 Jul 26, 2012
ACOG wrote:
<quoted text>
The information was reported to their office. They made the changes and removed the area tool. Had this been any other persons property Do You Really Think the area tool would have been disconnected?
Maybe I should not ask that question, I just remembered I'm responding to Oh My!
www.cleanandopen.org
You are certainly free to speculate as to their motivation, but the fact remains that they derive their data from a number of different sources and have no control over it's accuracy.
Voter

Perry, GA

#6 Jul 26, 2012
Susie Phillips

1-So, she admits that data may not be accurate.
2-She states that area tool has been used by the public to locate wrong data and submit it for correction.
4- We just cannot tolerate accuracy now can we?
3-The area tool was thus disabled.

Just one more thing to further insure inaccuracies, favoritism, nepotism, and gross unfairness to the majority of propert owners in UC.
People, this office will NEVER, EVER be managed with any degree of professional standards untill heads roll, especially Lamars' and Susies'.

ACOG

Location hidden

#7 Jul 26, 2012
The deed and the plat are entered on the bottom of their tax records. This had nothing to do with their website. Someone typed in 51.5 acres when the deed and plat showed 66.23. Someone typed in 31 acres when the deed and plat showed 56.3. Are you saying that for 22 years Lamar did not notice it?

Maybe this is like his 80 acres that turned into 95 acres when he sold it. When asked By his buddy George Anderson, How did the 80 acres change to 95 acres? Lamar’s answer “The acreage changed from 80 acres to 95 by the Tax Revenue department…that is not his doing”

This is called Lamar’s BLAME GAME. It’s ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSES FAULT!

WAKE UP UNION COUNTY!!!!!!!!!!

www.cleanandopen.org
Did The Governor Respond

Greenbrier, AR

#8 Jul 26, 2012
ACOG wrote:
June 9, 2011
Susie Phillips
www.cleanandopen.org
Just read your letter to the Governor(on website) dated April 2012, and wondering, did the Governor call back?

ACOG

Location hidden

#9 Jul 26, 2012
Did The Governor Respond wrote:
<quoted text>
Just read your letter to the Governor(on website) dated April 2012, and wondering, did the Governor call back?
Yes, I did get a letter back from the Governors Office. Thanks for asking Truth Hurts Sometimes.

www.cleanandopen.org
Did The Govenor Call back

Greenbrier, AR

#10 Jul 26, 2012
ACOG wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I did get a letter back from the Governors Office. Thanks for asking Truth Hurts Sometimes.
www.cleanandopen.org
Is it posted on your rag? or can you share?

ACOG

Location hidden

#11 Jul 26, 2012
Did The Governor Respond wrote:
<quoted text>
I should also mention that the Attorney Generals Office did send me the documents I asked for.

www.cleanandopen.org

ACOG

Location hidden

#12 Jul 26, 2012
Did The Govenor Call back wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it posted on your rag? or can you share?
In do time you will see the results from the information. Thanks for reading.

www.cleanandopen.org
Did The Govenor Call back

Greenbrier, AR

#13 Jul 26, 2012
ACOG wrote:
<quoted text>
I should also mention that the Attorney Generals Office did send me the documents I asked for.
www.cleanandopen.org
OK, I believe you, but let us see them please.

You would be shocked if I said I do not support Lamar because of his tax and spend ways, but more than that I do not support your mouth trying to belittle everything that goes on in UC! It is called "Democracy" if needed he will be voted out (hopefully but doubtful), but we do not need a disgruntle person telling us anything.
Just Asking Questions

Manning, SC

#14 Jul 26, 2012
Did The Govenor Call back wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I believe you, but let us see them please.
You would be shocked if I said I do not support Lamar because of his tax and spend ways, but more than that I do not support your mouth trying to belittle everything that goes on in UC! It is called "Democracy" if needed he will be voted out (hopefully but doubtful), but we do not need a disgruntle person telling us anything.
Doesn't a "Democracy" (By the way, we don't have a democracy. It's a representative republic.) thrive where there is freedom of opinion & expression?
Just Asking Questions

Manning, SC

#15 Jul 26, 2012
Voter wrote:
Susie Phillips
1-So, she admits that data may not be accurate.
2-She states that area tool has been used by the public to locate wrong data and submit it for correction.
4- We just cannot tolerate accuracy now can we?
3-The area tool was thus disabled.
Just one more thing to further insure inaccuracies, favoritism, nepotism, and gross unfairness to the majority of propert owners in UC.
People, this office will NEVER, EVER be managed with any degree of professional standards untill heads roll, especially Lamars' and Susies'.
Wasn't Susie appointed by Lamar?
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#16 Jul 26, 2012
Oh that kind of tool. I thought you were talking about Slowpok.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#17 Jul 26, 2012
I also attended that meeting. And recall that tempers flared. Both, from the person asking the question concerning the measuring tool, as well as recreation vs public safety, and from the Commissioner.

To me it appeared that the Commissioner contributed to the loss of tempers in that, in my view, he exhibited, an attitude implying a lack of concern for the complaints, desires, and request of the participants, as well as an arrogance that implied he knew better what was of more importance to the community; and that being Recreation as opposed to Public Safety, including Fire Services, Law Enforcement and sound fiscal policy.

Also, when asked if he would commit to assuring the reactivation of the measuring tool, he refused, making it clear he would not exercise his authority to correct the situation.

Of Course the solution to such representatives (and their appointees) who refuse to respond to those who elect them is simple; Defeat them, elect those who will.

As for me, I have voted. I believe it is time to give someone else the opportunity to listen to taxpayers, respond to our needs, desires, and complaints, and improve our community.

Vote for NEW LEADERSHIP NOVEMBER OF 2012.
Tsplost

Jefferson, GA

#18 Jul 26, 2012

"Lamar said he did not know why it was disconnected and NO he would not interfere with the Tax Assessors decision to disconnect it."

Well he ck, why would Lamar wanna reconnect the tool when he had it removed.

The acreage hasn't changed, just got lost according to Lamar. Assessors office still looking for it I expect, probably wont find it until Lamar and Susie are replaced.

Weird Just Plain Weird

Dahlonega, GA

#19 Jul 26, 2012
If Paris is trying to hide something, why doesn't he just do like other area counties (Towns, Lumpkin) and have the property website accessable only by subscription?? Seems to me Union County - at least in this situation - is doing a good job providing open information.
Daffy Duck

Dahlonega, GA

#20 Jul 26, 2012
Daffy Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
If the information on the website is so accurate, why does it show my property lines and acreage improperly??? And, they even misspelled my name.(Of course, my tax bill always seem to manages to get to me!)
To one answered my question, as usual. The information for my property does not match my deed or acreage, nor does it match what it says on my tax bill, so how can you believe anything on the county's property website anyways?

Oh, I know, as long as it serves your purpose and agenda that's OK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for new school superintendent 10 hr Luca Brasi 2
money question? 13 hr I gots mine 21
massage parlor in Blue Ridge Tue Varnell Cummings 11
News KKK will rally Saturday in Blairsville (Oct '12) Tue MMAFIGHTER 43
Where's Timmy ? Nov 20 Sam 34
Healthcare for this area (Nov '16) Nov 20 Obamacare sucks 16
Union general Hospital Nov 20 real realist the ... 23

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance