Sad sad cable company
IvyLogger48

Dahlonega, GA

#1 Apr 23, 2013
Windstream sucks!!! Windstream is a company that treats thier customers like crap. Yesterday, went to thier office, the girls working there, I don't even think a blonde joke would depict how stupid Windstream is as a whole. They put some indian idiot on the phone who was shifting the blame on everyone but themselves. I guess working customer service for Windscream, thier hiring practices goes acco...rding to skin color and not by education and talent. They cooked my XP computer. As far as I am concerned, they owe me a new hard drive. It was running fine until these jerkoffs did thier wonderful download updates at the main office and instead, they caused over 16,000 people frequent disconnects, making surfing the net a total nightmare. Anyone experiencing these same problems, I was told both the Electric company and Direct TV has Internet as well. Lady at the Bank said the Electric companys internet is great, try that route folks. I don't think its fair to be billed for such shitty service. I am going to file a PUC and a BBB complaint on this company. My new nickname for them is WINDSCREAM.. Because they piss you off THAT much with such crappy inconsistant service. If you got a home or out of home business, I suggest hurrying up and changing providers before WindScream rockets you to the poorhouse!!!!
Just a thought

Dawsonville, GA

#2 Apr 23, 2013
I haven't checked it out yet but I have seen advertising that Walmart is now offering a telephone service for home and if they are you should be able to get internet service. I have their cell phone service and have no problems with it and it is considerably less expensive. Just a thought.
Just saying

Young Harris, GA

#3 Apr 23, 2013
IvyLogger48 wrote:
Windstream sucks!!! Windstream is a company that treats thier customers like crap. Yesterday, went to thier office, the girls working there, I don't even think a blonde joke would depict how stupid Windstream is as a whole. They put some indian idiot on the phone who was shifting the blame on everyone but themselves. I guess working customer service for Windscream, thier hiring practices goes acco...rding to skin color and not by education and talent. They cooked my XP computer. As far as I am concerned, they owe me a new hard drive. It was running fine until these jerkoffs did thier wonderful download updates at the main office and instead, they caused over 16,000 people frequent disconnects, making surfing the net a total nightmare. Anyone experiencing these same problems, I was told both the Electric company and Direct TV has Internet as well. Lady at the Bank said the Electric companys internet is great, try that route folks. I don't think its fair to be billed for such shitty service. I am going to file a PUC and a BBB complaint on this company. My new nickname for them is WINDSCREAM.. Because they piss you off THAT much with such crappy inconsistant service. If you got a home or out of home business, I suggest hurrying up and changing providers before WindScream rockets you to the poorhouse!!!!
When internet was down and they were receiving so many calls, our local office took the phones off the hook. Seriously. I couldn't get through so dropped by the office. No one was on the phone. I called from outside on my cell phone and the lines were busy, but no one was talking on the phone!!!
Just saying

Young Harris, GA

#4 Apr 23, 2013
EMC's internet is supplied by Windstream. I called when internet was down last week and the gal said until the underground cables are completed, they are served by Windstream. EMC internet was also down because of Windstream.
Just Mike

New York, NY

#5 Apr 27, 2013
The response I just received from WS Internet Tech support was "revealing". I asked why we NEVER get the speeds we've been promised. I previously "online chatted" with them and was told there were "known technical difficulties" in our area (Trackrock Gap) and no resolution date had been established. So I e-mailed them with a question about poor service speeds... here is the reply:

"Due to the amount of growth in Internet usage over the past couple of years, we are working to make upgrades to our network to increase capacity and deliver faster speeds. It does appear that you are located in an area experiencing high demand, and we do have plans to upgrade the network in your area. I cannot provide a specific date for the upgrade at this time, but I can confirm that it is currently scheduled to occur in 2013."

BUT... you offered/I'm paying for 12Mbps service and I never get better than 3Mbps, and is usually 1.5-2Mbps. This is just plain "bad business", especially since getting the truth from them was harder than pulling teeth.

Finally- would you other Trackrock Gap WS customers STOP being so "demanding"! I want my high speed WIFI and you are slowin' me down!! Thanks in advance. >;-)
Boo Windstream

Clarkesville, GA

#6 Apr 28, 2013
Just saying wrote:
EMC's internet is supplied by Windstream. I called when internet was down last week and the gal said until the underground cables are completed, they are served by Windstream. EMC internet was also down because of Windstream.
This ain't true. BRMEMC has a different feed than Windstream. They were the only ones up and running when we had that big Windstream outage that also took down the cell phone networks and the 911 offices.
union county res

Baldwin, GA

#7 Apr 28, 2013
Boo Windstream wrote:
<quoted text>
This ain't true. BRMEMC has a different feed than Windstream. They were the only ones up and running when we had that big Windstream outage that also took down the cell phone networks and the 911 offices.
sorry to tell you but brmemc still gets it services from windstream for the time being.
Soggy Bottom Boys

Commerce, GA

#8 Apr 28, 2013
"sorry to tell you but brmemc still gets it services from windstream for the time being."

It's like you just don't know whose getting it from who. Evil windstream. Evil brmemc. It is kinda like a conversation with Pete..."sorry to tell you but brmemc still gets it services from windstream for the time being." It is just not logical. Why don't they spend 8 Zillion Dollars for a little old up grade. Don't they know we want it?

It is kinda like another conversation with Pete when we made that movie...

Pete: You miserable little snake! You stole from my kin!

Ulysses Everett McGill: Who was fixin' to betray us.

Pete: You didn't know that at the time.

Ulysses Everett McGill: So I borrowed it until I did know.

Pete: That don't make no sense!

Ulysses Everett McGill: Pete, it's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.

BE THANKFUL. If it wasn't for BREMC and Windstream, you would be sitting in the dark right banging on your keyboard. There would be no Internet connection at all, except for that modem you hooked up, made a lot of noise, and nobody could call you on the telephone because you are on dial up. You would be staring at a black screen...thinking why the hell did I pay $1000 for this laptop? It's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.
My Guess

Adel, GA

#9 Apr 29, 2013
Soggy Bottom Boys wrote:
"sorry to tell you but brmemc still gets it services from windstream for the time being."
It's like you just don't know whose getting it from who. Evil windstream. Evil brmemc. It is kinda like a conversation with Pete..."sorry to tell you but brmemc still gets it services from windstream for the time being." It is just not logical. Why don't they spend 8 Zillion Dollars for a little old up grade. Don't they know we want it?
It is kinda like another conversation with Pete when we made that movie...
Pete: You miserable little snake! You stole from my kin!
Ulysses Everett McGill: Who was fixin' to betray us.
Pete: You didn't know that at the time.
Ulysses Everett McGill: So I borrowed it until I did know.
Pete: That don't make no sense!
Ulysses Everett McGill: Pete, it's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.
BE THANKFUL. If it wasn't for BREMC and Windstream, you would be sitting in the dark right banging on your keyboard. There would be no Internet connection at all, except for that modem you hooked up, made a lot of noise, and nobody could call you on the telephone because you are on dial up. You would be staring at a black screen...thinking why the hell did I pay $1000 for this laptop? It's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.
If we could get rid of BREMC and Windstream we could get a reputable company with good service. They can't come in as long a BREMC and Windstream or servicing the area. Can you imagine Ga. Power having a place like BREMC has although they could afford it. It has directors who put emphasis on profit and service. If EMC needs more money they just raise the rates.
Soggy Bottom Boys

Commerce, GA

#10 Apr 30, 2013
The speed of DSL Internet is increasing as the technology improves and service providers upgrade their network infrastructure.

Dream on...if you think it is as simple as getting rid of Windstream. DSL is a technology designed to run on old technology (phone lines designed for analog voice); not digital speeds.

If you were in Atlanta, perhaps, there could be a company that could come in with the latest technology in DSL and compete. I doubt it will happen here in UC, soon.

Fiber is available in some areas in UC, but don't expect it to be cheap. You can't just connect to your phone line with a box. They would have to dig a ditch to run the cable to your house.

There are several factors that affect DSL speeds.

Quality of the phone line at your residence. Neighborhoods with better copper wiring can achieve somewhat faster DSL speeds.

Length of the phone line between the residence and the phone company hub (often called "central office"). DSL technology is "distance sensitive" because its performance decreases significantly as you get further away from this hub.

But if it makes you feel good, go ahead and gripe about it.

“Just Mike (the Candle Guy)...”

Since: Sep 11

Blairsville, GA

#11 May 1, 2013
Update on High-Speed Internet Speed:

As of TODAY, our service is back to SWEET high speed 12Mbps in the Trackrock Gap area. Based on a pop-up message on the windstream.com website, it appears they have reverted back to their "pre-upgrade" system structure, since their their recent infrastructure "upgrade" attempts caused problems. They indicate the upgrade as being related to long distance service, but I'll bet it affected DSL service as well.

Just glad to be speedy again! Hope your service has improved too.
Soggy Bottom USA

Winder, GA

#12 May 1, 2013
WindScents Mike wrote:
Update on High-Speed Internet Speed:
As of TODAY, our service is back to SWEET high speed 12Mbps in the Trackrock Gap area. Based on a pop-up message on the windstream.com website, it appears they have reverted back to their "pre-upgrade" system structure, since their their recent infrastructure "upgrade" attempts caused problems. They indicate the upgrade as being related to long distance service, but I'll bet it affected DSL service as well.
Just glad to be speedy again! Hope your service has improved too.
yea, for pre-upgrade system structure! May your Mega Bits be with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
need "good" heating and air conditioning service (Sep '09) 1 hr city-boy 53
Coosa Heights trailer park Wed He said she said 7
Brmemc candidates Wed Well 8
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) Wed The real facts 486
Worst steak ever. What happened Horrible cust... Jul 18 Blairsvillian 10
carpet cleaning Jul 16 Flarduh 8
Rib Country Waitress Jul 15 Lighthouse 114

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance