First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just Wondering

Commerce, GA

#22 Jan 3, 2014
How were the Holidays around the Fusion Center Ron?
John B

United States

#25 Jan 9, 2014
Amen!
Food For Thought

United States

#26 Jan 28, 2014
Just Passing Through wrote:
Most Republicans are control freaks. Today many of them shed their skins and call themselves Conservatives. They are never consistent with their agenda, or who they are. They are simply opportunists looking to serve themselves and their following. They want control over others and they hate government of any kind for its takes aways from their power to control others, or to benefit themselves. They are NOT compassionate people. They will call the Pope and Jesus Christ a Socialist and a Communist. I study behavior and can assure you that most right-wing nuts are mentally lacking in IQ. They can be masters of "language" in order to manipulate their herd and the masses, but that does not make them good people, or compassionate people. The are psychopaths as per definition. The mere fact they hang-out online as a means to further their cause tells you they have no life and rather spend their energy on blogging misinformation and being part of the problem. They are obstructionist to progress. They're unable to adapt to the evolution of technology and they want to live in the past of 200 years ago.
I agree with all you said. Watch the following Youtube link and you may understand why people like Dr. Dan are nuts:


http://www.youtube.com/watch...
We can do this all day lo

United States

#27 Feb 21, 2014
From the Files of Ed Figueroa, Murphy, NC, canned from the Miami Police Department for corruption:

His problems only increased with time. On April 12, he requested a loan
from the police credit union. The application was denied because he was
under investigation. By August 16, his credit union Visa card had been
canceled: It was the understanding of the credit union clerk that Figueroa
had been fired.
Ron wrote:
Well....LOL I am from the south and my ancestors were here before you. This is the problem with this area, there is NO intellectual conversation. Everything turns into hate speech, or attacks on others. No different than the Dr. Dan's show. One sided conversation, with NO call-ins, or opposing views. Control the narrative is what these people want, and to control the weak minded people that have NO intellect, but revert to hate speech and attacks, and emotional outbursts. Irrational behavior, with no logic, or ability to extrapolate facts from fiction. Followers, or sheep.
We can do this all day lo

United States

#28 Feb 21, 2014
Ed Figueroa, Murphy, NC, was found guilty on four instances of misconduct with the Miami Police Department.
Mike wrote:
Ron, these morons cannot even communicate. Your point is well taken.
No need to respond if these people cannot communicate with any intelligence. All they can do is attack? Can anyone here explain what nullification is? After they Google its meaning, let see if they can communicate.
http://vimeo.com/9955331
http://thunderpigblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/dr...
We can do this all day lo

United States

#29 Feb 21, 2014
From the Ed Figueroa, Murphy, NC, Files:

He failed to share with internal affairs the prison guard's tip about
Detective Seiglie •He monitored restricted channels without authorization
•He formed an electronics company without notifying the chief of police per
department policy (a charge that was sustained even though the company
never actually opened for business)•He opened an investigation into
possible criminal activity regarding Allen Leonard (In a matter unrelated
to Leonard's allegations, Figueroa had pursued a complaint about Leonard
from a company whose owner's son was Figueroa's godchild. His decision to
look into the matter himself was judged to be a conflict of interest.)
Mike wrote:
Ron, these morons cannot even communicate. Your point is well taken.
No need to respond if these people cannot communicate with any intelligence. All they can do is attack? Can anyone here explain what nullification is? After they Google its meaning, let see if they can communicate.
http://vimeo.com/9955331
http://thunderpigblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/dr...
We can do this all day lo

United States

#30 Feb 21, 2014
BINGO - and the name behind both personalities is ... wait for it... Ed Figueroa, Murphy, NC, fired from the Cherokee County Sheriff's Department.
well wrote:
Ron and Mike is the same person. Merry Christmas to both of your personalities.
We can do this all day lo

United States

#31 Feb 21, 2014
More from the files of Ed Figueroa:

After reviewing the internal affairs findings, Maj. Arthur Washington
recommended that Figueroa be fired. "This department takes a strong
position regarding the integrity of its employees. Once that integrity is
questioned or compromised, credibility is tainted," Washington wrote in a
memo.
Ron wrote:
Well, where did you get your degree, online from Yale, or what? If you base Ron and Mike, whatever names of United States origin, it only shows your ignorance, it means zero. Once again you have no intelligence worth responding to, and that is why you are online with no life. I though we could post here and have some conversation and debate about this crack pot doctor and his nullification issues, but instead you attack. You cannot discuss the issues. It only demonstrates to readers the ignorance of people online.
We can do this all day lo

United States

#32 Feb 21, 2014
Ed Figueroa, Murphy, NC, fired from the Miami Police Department

Miami Assistant City Attorney Linda Rice Chapman says Figueroa
should be stripped of his badge forever, calling him ``the worst kind of
cop.
fyi

Blue Ridge, GA

#33 Feb 21, 2014
From Robert Danos, former Chair of the Henderson County GOP, former spokesman for the 11th District NCGOP in response to the announced candidacy for '12 of Dr. Dan Eichenbaum:

I will detail for you here each of the 4 major reasons that Dan Eichenbaum should not be our nominee and why he would be an electoral disaster if he was.

I challenge him to refute any of the points below. They can all be backed up by the other candidates in the 2010 primary and I also sent reporters from the Asheville C-T, Hendersonville T-N, and WLOS documentation of all of the online party and abortion flip flops attached in case he tried to deny them in the future.

In response to this, we can expect much sound and fury and long, tortured responses from Dr. Eichenbaum. However the 4 key black & white questions he can not answer in a satisfactory way will remain - Did you break your promise to endorse the primary winner - yes or no? Did you hide your personal history from the voters - yes or no? Did you pivot on the issue of abortion during the primary - yes or no? Did you mislead the voters about your actual political past - yes or no?

If any readers want to ignore the promise breaking, abortion flip flopping, hiding his political history, and personal baggage I would still ask them to try and find one neutral political observer in the state who thinks that he wouldn't get trounced by Shuler given the points below (which the DCCC has been well aware of since 2010.)

1) Dan Eichenbaum Broke An Ironclad Promise to the Voters: Eichenbaum was the ONLY of the 5 unsuccessful candidates in the 2010 GOP primary that never kept his promise to endorse and support the winner. All of the other men - Greg Newman, Kenny West, Ed Krause, and Jake Howard - made the same promise as Eichenbaum at multiple public forums to endorse whoever won. Each of them kept their promise.

In 20 years of working conservative politics I have never seen a candidate fail to live up to this black & white honor-bound promise.
fyi

Blue Ridge, GA

#34 Feb 21, 2014
He has been spinning trying to explain this away but some questions in conservative politics are as a simple as "Did you keep your word to the GOP primary voters to support the nominee - Yes or No?"

This promise was witnessed at multiple forums by the other candidates, club presidents, party chairs, and hundreds of voters.

2) Personal Baggage: He has been married 4 times and he never revealed this to the primary voters. Such a candidacy killer in socially conservative WNC should have been made known to the voters. That's one more than Trump and we saw what GOP voters in early primary states told the pollsters once they knew that part of his story.

However one feels about some one's personal life in politics, I don't know anyone who thinks that Heath Shuler couldn't end the campaign based on that alone.

3) Abortion Flip Flop: During the 2010 campaign Eichenbaum pulled a 180 on abortion from a Libertarian position to the one most Republican primary voters were looking for.(download document from here)

His original position was that the federal government had no role to play in social issues whatsoever. However, in under 4 months on the trail talking to Republican primary voters his position went from "I would remind you that, on a constitutional basis, abortion is not a federal issue and is, therefore, more properly one legislated by the states and their citizens." to "Technically, abortion is not a federal issue for constitutional reasons. I do NOT, however, agree that it should be legislated by the states and their citizens." His campaign staff was not aware that both polar positions stayed up on the Q & A section of his website for months.

It was not surprising to those of us who followed his campaign however. His campaign staff openly mocked those of us in the GOP who believe in social issues as "Theocrats". They deride anyone who believes that the federal government has a role to play in those issues.
fyi

Blue Ridge, GA

#35 Feb 21, 2014
That is why Eichenbaum's photo of himself on his paid Mike Huckabee-led tour of Israel is so ironic. His original positions during the 2010 campaign were polar opposites of those of a strong social conservative like Huckabee.

4) Doctored Political Resume: Again, so easy to document that it is an insult to all Libertarians, not to mention the Republican primary voters of WNC.

Eichenbaum introduced himself to the voters in 2010 as someone who had decided to "stand up" in opposition to Obama as a citizen candidate and that this was his "first foray" in to politics. That is 100% false.

As Republicans we of course welcome anyone who wants to join our party - candidates included. However, we expect them to let the voters know their true political history in making an informed choice.

Eichenbaum to this day refuses to acknowledge his very active role as a LP candidate, donor, and LP county chairman.

He continues to insult the voters by repeating the phrase that he was "“never a big ‘L’ Libertarian” instead of a simple honest accounting. http://tinyurl.com/24t5fnf paragraph 19.)

The facts:

- He first announced for the 2010 Congressional race in June - as a Libertarian with a capital L. See attached. Who announces for Congress as a member of a party they are not dedicated to heart and soul?

- Sometime between then and filing he switched to the GOP and simply cut and pasted that online announcement.[See page for download]

- He ran for Cherokee County Commissioner in 2002 as a Libertarian. http://tinyurl.co m/24t5fnf paragraph 19.

- He was the Chairman of the LP of Cherokee County: http://lpnc.info/get_involved/county_orgs.htm ...
[see screen capture here --TP]

On that last point he says that "As there were only three persons registered in Cherokee County, the party leadership listed me as the contact person in my area." Does that pass any one's baloney test? Would YOU agree to be the "contact person" for a party that you weren't dedicated to heart and soul? He makes it sound like some sort of accident.

- Donations: the only record of Eichenbaum ever contributing to anyone or any party BEFORE preparing to run in the '10 GOP primary (after changing affiliation) is to the LP: http://tinyurl.com/44smdfr Note that all donations before the summer of '09 were to the LP. See chart http://tinyurl.com/5w5rx57

We can not afford a candidate who tosses his past, principles and promises away like old handkerchiefs.

I urge you to pass this along to ever conservative in the district.

Robert Danos
http://twitter.com/ #!/RobertDanos

Links to supporting documents

abortion
announcement
endorsement excuses
Fire with Fire

United States

#36 Feb 21, 2014
Hi again Ed Figueroa (fired from the Miami Police Department)

``I know I made big mistakes,'' Figueroa says.``But compared to some other cops, I'm an angel.''
fyi wrote:
That is why Eichenbaum's photo of himself on his paid Mike Huckabee-led tour of Israel is so ironic. His original positions during the 2010 campaign were polar opposites of those of a strong social conservative like Huckabee.
4) Doctored Political Resume: Again, so easy to document that it is an insult to all Libertarians, not to mention the Republican primary voters of WNC.
Eichenbaum introduced himself to the voters in 2010 as someone who had decided to "stand up" in opposition to Obama as a citizen candidate and that this was his "first foray" in to politics. That is 100% false.
As Republicans we of course welcome anyone who wants to join our party - candidates included. However, we expect them to let the voters know their true political history in making an informed choice.
Eichenbaum to this day refuses to acknowledge his very active role as a LP candidate, donor, and LP county chairman.
He continues to insult the voters by repeating the phrase that he was "“never a big ‘L’ Libertarian” instead of a simple honest accounting. http://tinyurl.com/24t5fnf paragraph 19.)
The facts:
- He first announced for the 2010 Congressional race in June - as a Libertarian with a capital L. See attached. Who announces for Congress as a member of a party they are not dedicated to heart and soul?
- Sometime between then and filing he switched to the GOP and simply cut and pasted that online announcement.[See page for download]
- He ran for Cherokee County Commissioner in 2002 as a Libertarian. http://tinyurl.co m/24t5fnf paragraph 19.
- He was the Chairman of the LP of Cherokee County: http://lpnc.info/get_involved/county_orgs.htm ...
[see screen capture here --TP]
On that last point he says that "As there were only three persons registered in Cherokee County, the party leadership listed me as the contact person in my area." Does that pass any one's baloney test? Would YOU agree to be the "contact person" for a party that you weren't dedicated to heart and soul? He makes it sound like some sort of accident.
- Donations: the only record of Eichenbaum ever contributing to anyone or any party BEFORE preparing to run in the '10 GOP primary (after changing affiliation) is to the LP: http://tinyurl.com/44smdfr Note that all donations before the summer of '09 were to the LP. See chart http://tinyurl.com/5w5rx57
We can not afford a candidate who tosses his past, principles and promises away like old handkerchiefs.
I urge you to pass this along to ever conservative in the district.
Robert Danos
http://twitter.com/ #!/RobertDanos
Links to supporting documents
abortion
announcement
endorsement excuses
Truth Teller

Murphy, NC

#37 Feb 26, 2014
So you think because you have a satire newspaper article that you have something? Why do you NOT post the entire story and how I was cleared of all allegations? You know what, when you enter public life you have to be tough and willing to accept attacks as yours. I do not hide and I will offer anyone interested to review the my records. I know for a fact you have no FOIA documents, because everything you have posted so far is from a newspaper article, which can be found by anyone. That article never revealed the true nature of the investigation and the outcome because the investigation was not complete at the time the article was published. If you had the true documents, you would NOT be here making these claims. You have this desire to spread misinformation about me, well, soon it will be available for everyone to read. You are of the same mentality that the President has a fake birth certificate, therefore, you tend to believe anything.
Your neighborhood attacks on my name and complaint to the sheriff are all politically motivated and have an agenda. You will not confront me personally, but instead come here anonymously and post pieces of an article from twenty years ago.
Adrian Parrado
Murphy, NC
Friday Feb 21
If you notice, I have added my name to this post which I think everyone should do if they post information because I have no need or reason to hide behind a fictitious name.,
I would like to add to the post which talks about "the truth "concerning Ed. I, too, have seen official documentation which substantiates what this gentleman has said, especially the part about Ed not being fired in Miami and in fact, resigning with dignity and in good standing.
As a retired mental health professional it is easy to recognize when someone has a hidden agenda (in this specific incident the post debasing Ed, the agenda is not so hidden). It appears that those who chose to publish half truths and in some cases, bold face lies, about an individual want to demean the person's credibility and character. If what you say is the truth, do what I did, IDENTIFY YOURSELF. What is needed to arrive at the "truth" is a meaningful, honest, open and constructive dialog based on FACTS. If you have factual information which is contrary to what has been posted here IDENTIFY YOURSELF and, publish the documentation to support your allegations.
Hilty Burr DVM
Baldwin, GA
Sunday Feb 23
I was sent this forum to review what was being said about Ed Figueroa. I am not involved in politics any more than any other concerned citizen, so what I have to say is strictly personal and is not influenced by any political issue or perspective.
I have known Ed, his wife and family since 2005 when I moved here to open my full service animal hospital in Young Harris GA = Lake Chatuge Animal Hospital. In fact, Ed helped me get started as one of my first employees and he was fantastic in all phases such as pet care, customer service and IT set up and maintenance. I knew he could not work for me too long because his drive was too far, and he subsequently offered his services to serve our country in Iraq during that difficult time of war. But Ed was a huge help to me.
I have subsequently in 2011 opened a satellite clinic in the Peachtree Community of Murphy = Tri-County Animal Clinic, and Ed's wife is our office manager which started another chapter of routine interaction with the Figueroa family.
The Figueroa family is a model family with great integrity and compassion. I personally think Ed would be a fantastic public servant.
Truth Teller

Murphy, NC

#38 Feb 26, 2014
Friend 4
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Sunday Feb 23
Defamation wrote:
Every heard of Defamation? How about the case in Blairsville on Topix where $400,000.00 was awarded to the plaintiff for a very similar attack. Do you know how easy it is to track down who is posting once topix and ISP's are involved in a law suit?
Ed was cleared of ANY and ALL accusations. I suggest finding a good attorney.
I agree with you, I read he was cleared.
Professor X on Ed Figeuroa
Miami, FL
Tuesday
Hard to believe that even grown men can act like school yard sissies pointing fingers and making false claims about things they know nothing about. I know Ed very well and have known him for over 20 years. The one thing I can tell you, Ed is guilty of only a few things in this world and 2 of them are Honesty & Integrity. That he's made a few bad acquaintances in his past, well yes thats true and it would be for you as well had you been a good cop in Miami in the 1980's. Lets face it you don't have a shred of proof to back your false hollow claims and you base your words on your personal opinion and emotions.
Does everyone here a favor and dont waste our time with fake crap. If We wanted fake we'd read the tabloids.
Your Truly
Professor X
Libertine Goddess

Franklin, NC

#39 Mar 22, 2014
If this is true...fine. However, I know Ed, and this is a libelous statement. Therefore, if you are so confident that this is true, then provide your REAL identity, otherwise, STFU.
We can do this all day lo wrote:
Ed Figueroa, Murphy, NC, was found guilty on four instances of misconduct with the Miami Police Department.
<quoted text>
spark it up

Lula, GA

#40 Mar 22, 2014
Ron wrote:
Well....LOL I am from the south and my ancestors were here before you. This is the problem with this area, there is NO intellectual conversation. Everything turns into hate speech, or attacks on others. No different than the Dr. Dan's show. One sided conversation, with NO call-ins, or opposing views. Control the narrative is what these people want, and to control the weak minded people that have NO intellect, but revert to hate speech and attacks, and emotional outbursts. Irrational behavior, with no logic, or ability to extrapolate facts from fiction. Followers, or sheep.
You hit the nail on the head Ron. This is not a forum for intelligent debate. As soon as you say something to which they have no intelligent reply they'll start calling you names or ignore your statement all together and attempt to change the subject.

It's really a shame. I've had my mind changed or at least have been given things to think about as a result of an intelligent debate. You won't find that here.
talk radio

Alto, GA

#41 Mar 23, 2014
Please tell me that the Dr. Dan is not the eye doctor in Blairsville and Murphy. For some reason I think he is, if so I will be changing doctors.
If he is am sure his opinions actually help him in this area, so he could be doing it just for the money like the rest of political talk radio.
Time

Dahlonega, GA

#42 Mar 23, 2014
This man is a joke.......Check out why no hospital will let him work for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dish network 1 hr Sick Man Freud Ph... 9
DAKOTA SHERWOOD involved in DOLLAR STORE ROBBERY 1 hr pearl 8
Seafood 2 hr Orlando Wilson 55
Reported Union Co. GOP chief arrested for sexua... 2 hr Bill Clinton 8
Letter From a Gas Chamber Man at Animal Shelter 10 hr Sad Day 1
Loonie Liberals 19 hr Student 71
blonde girl in black mercedes Sat HollyChesser 6

Blairsville News Video

Blairsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Blairsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blairsville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

NBC Sports 4:00AM
Cam Newton's toughness on display yet again
NBC Sports 4:11 AM
Julio Jones shows what a "stud" he is during comeback
NFL 5:05 AM
Galette: Saints locker room 'feels like a funeral'
NBC Sports 5:44 AM
Roddy White to Keenan Lewis: We just woke up out of the grave
NFL 6:21 AM
Atlanta? San Fran? Where might Rex end up next?