Noisy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Since Mason took over there is little to no traffic over the scanner, anybody know why? Are they using a different channel?
Floridian

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Noisy wrote:
Since Mason took over there is little to no traffic over the scanner, anybody know why? Are they using a different channel?
Maybe he got into this century and did away with the old open channel communications network.
Realist

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Effective Jan 1, 2013 the FCC mandated radio frequency changes for police, fire, ambulance and other emergency services.
As a result of these mandated changes your scanner probably cannot receive the new frequency signals.
Realist

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

If the system user has remained analog and just cut the bandwidth in half you can still use your current scanner but reception will be degraded both in quality and coverage.
If they changed over to digital with the narrow bandwidth you will need a new scanner.
To further complicate it, it is possible that your local police, fire stayed analog because of the cost to change to digital. However, the Sheriff and State Police may have changed to digital.
Noisy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It shouldn't be this **** hard to find a job (Mar '13) 4 hr Chuck Wagon 27
Steve's Steakhouse Cookie Jar 4 hr facebook 15
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 5 hr Synergy 52,872
Union County Property tax increase 6 hr ACOG 8
brmemc 8 hr TEmmettT 196
Outlet Mall coming to Blairsville ? 9 hr Cho 10
please raise taxes in Union 9 hr Smucks suck 21

Search the Blairsville Forum:
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000