First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Union County native

Toccoa, GA

#1 Oct 19, 2013
With Chick-Fil-A coming soon, what other restaurants would be welcomed to Blairsville?

I believe a Dairy Queen and a Captain D's would do exceptionally well here.

I don't know how Burger King stays in business.
uct

Blue Ridge, GA

#2 Oct 19, 2013
What Chick-Fil-A?
Idiots Abound

Blairsville, GA

#3 Oct 19, 2013
uct wrote:
What Chick-Fil-A?
Will be built next to Fatz in Blairsville.
Union County native

Toccoa, GA

#4 Oct 19, 2013
uct wrote:
What Chick-Fil-A?
Jim, the owner/operator of Fatz says its a done deal, and Chick-Fil-A has its own crew to construct each facility.
Blairsville resident

Toccoa, GA

#5 Oct 19, 2013
Union County native wrote:
With Chick-Fil-A coming soon, what other restaurants would be welcomed to Blairsville?
I believe a Dairy Queen and a Captain D's would do exceptionally well here.
I don't know how Burger King stays in business.
A good steakhouse would be nice. What passes for steak in Blairsville is a joke.
Report Abuse

Dawsonville, GA

#6 Oct 20, 2013
Union County native wrote:
With Chick-Fil-A coming soon, what other restaurants would be welcomed to Blairsville?
I believe a Dairy Queen and a Captain D's would do exceptionally well here.
I don't know how Burger King stays in business.
Why do you want all fast-food places? Because they are drive-thru? Think healthy.

We have great places to eat. The Sawmill Place. Armadillo Grill. Dan's Grill. Jim's Smokin' Q. Aviator Cafe. FATZ.
Hole in the Wall. Monte Alban. Mike's Seafood. Grinds and Glazes. Cooks is always busy and people like it. Steve's is busy although I've never been there. There are more places that seem to be busy all the time.
local

Demorest, GA

#7 Oct 20, 2013
Union County native wrote:
I don't know how Burger King stays in business.
sometimes ya just gotta have that grilled flavor, bun, with onions.
Life is short, it's one of those good things, among all the others.
Bubba

Toccoa, GA

#8 Oct 20, 2013
local wrote:
<quoted text>
sometimes ya just gotta have that grilled flavor, bun, with onions.
Life is short, it's one of those good things, among all the others.
With so many Burger Kings shutting down around the country, I'd be surprised if the Blairsville BK lasts another year. The real estate it sits on is worth more than the business. I agree with above that a DQ or Captain D's would do well in Blairsville.

As for fast food, lets be real. Outback, Long Horn or Applebees won't be coming to Blairsville anytime soon. People here won't spend that kind of money to eat out.
local

Demorest, GA

#9 Oct 20, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
Outback, Long Horn or Applebees won't be coming to Blairsville anytime soon. People here won't spend that kind of money to eat out.
right, we prefer to drive 50 miles.
The RedLobster in G'ville is the largest grossing franchise they have, east of the MS river.

Youz keep slurpin up that sorghum syrup.
local

Demorest, GA

#10 Oct 20, 2013
There are other things more important in life than food.
Bubba

Toccoa, GA

#11 Oct 20, 2013
local wrote:
<quoted text>
right, we prefer to drive 50 miles.
The RedLobster in G'ville is the largest grossing franchise they have, east of the MS river.
Youz keep slurpin up that sorghum syrup.
I suspect Gainesville has a greater population than Blairsville to support its Red Lobster and other establishments. The beer/wine license issue (cost) in Blairsville seems to be an obstacle to attract your nicer restaurants. Other than FATZ, anyone else in Union County selling beer or wine? We were a dry county just a few years ago until the dreaded Floridiot voters started outnumbering the Baptist prohibition cabal that ran the county.
uct

Blue Ridge, GA

#12 Oct 20, 2013
Outback is coming to Murphy near the new Casino.
Idiots Abound

Blairsville, GA

#13 Oct 20, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect Gainesville has a greater population than Blairsville to support its Red Lobster and other establishments. The beer/wine license issue (cost) in Blairsville seems to be an obstacle to attract your nicer restaurants. Other than FATZ, anyone else in Union County selling beer or wine? We were a dry county just a few years ago until the dreaded Floridiot voters started outnumbering the Baptist prohibition cabal that ran the county.
While the beer/wine license is not as cheap as some counties, it's not going to stop restaurants from coming. Several other restaurants have pouring licenses, including Mike's Seafood, Armadillos, Monte Alban and others. Copperhead Lodge, Fatz and The View Grill have liquor licenses, maybe others do too. You just need a lot of people for something like Red Lobster or the chain steakhouses and we don't have it yet.
Rich Golfer

Dawsonville, GA

#14 Oct 20, 2013
All the fat people in this town who use drive-thru need another fast-food restaurant. Doesn't anyone get out of their car?
Chubby

Toccoa, GA

#15 Oct 21, 2013
local wrote:
There are other things more important in life than food.
Like what?
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

#16 Oct 21, 2013
I really hope Union County retains many "local" eating spots.

You can eat at franchise places anywhere in the world - Managua, Nicaragua has McDonald's, Burger King, and KFC, along with a dozen other American fast food franchises- but good local cooking is always a great pleasure.

Jesse

Blairsville, GA

#17 Oct 21, 2013
local wrote:
There are other things more important in life than food.
Exactly anyways you can prepare and cook better meals at home anyways. We dont need anything else in Blairsville but another Gym more geared to weight lifting and fitness thats open 24 hours would be cool.
Edward

Toccoa, GA

#18 Oct 21, 2013
Competition always produces better options and quality regardless of the type of establishment. A well known chain of restaurants will always provide greater choice, quality of food and service. Currently, Blairsville and the surrounding area must accept what we can get and that's not always a good thing. We can do better.
Chubby

Toccoa, GA

#19 Oct 21, 2013
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly anyways you can prepare and cook better meals at home anyways. We dont need anything else in Blairsville but another Gym more geared to weight lifting and fitness thats open 24 hours would be cool.
A 24 hour gym would be cool. It would be even better if it was combined with a Dairy Queen. That way, I could eat a large hot fudge sundae while I work out on the tread mill or, a strawberry milkshake while I lift weights.
Chubby

Toccoa, GA

#20 Oct 21, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
I really hope Union County retains many "local" eating spots.
You can eat at franchise places anywhere in the world - Managua, Nicaragua has McDonald's, Burger King, and KFC, along with a dozen other American fast food franchises- but good local cooking is always a great pleasure.
I know exactly what you mean! I felt the same way just the other day when I went all the way to Hiawassee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 min Oh my 55,517
Steve's Steakhouse 52 min Clell 52
BRMEMC board election results 9 13 2014 1 hr just the way it is 135
GSP vs. motorcycle fatality 3 hr PeggySue 36
Angie Newton 6 hr you know me 2
Tanyard Truck Stop 7 hr the Gestapo is here 12
Lances and BRMEMC 11 hr Erin 33
BRMEMC Board and Akins Wed 1 Member 49
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Blairsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blairsville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••