Why are Americans so Ignorant ?

Why are Americans so Ignorant ?

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#1 Nov 6, 2013
Forget Left Wing, Right Wing, and Center.

How can Americans make smart choices when they are just so damn ignorant ?

You will be shocked at how ignorant Americans are

November 06, 2013 08:29 AM | MARTY KAPLAN
View full article at Salon.com
Al Kida

Orlando, FL

#2 Nov 6, 2013
Why are Americans so Ignorant ?

Because we can't stop the Georgians from cross breeding with the rest of us.
OMTE

Gray, GA

#3 Nov 6, 2013
Al Kida wrote:
Why are Americans so Ignorant ?
Because we can't stop the Georgians from cross breeding with the rest of us.
I'd like to punch yo a$$ in mouth...
Skeet

Dahlonega, GA

#4 Nov 6, 2013
public schools is the common thread. The dumbing down of Americans

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#5 Nov 11, 2013
Why are Americans so Ignorant ?

Peoples from Floridee han Yankees, movin round han changing ther scummy bloodlines wiff locals han dumbin peoples down. Hits kinda like putting a curr wiff a pedigree. Hits just plumb sad, haint it.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#6 Nov 11, 2013
Chainsaw Five wrote:
Why are Americans so Ignorant ?

Peoples from Floridee han Yankees, movin round han changing ther scummy bloodlines wiff locals han dumbin peoples down. Hits kinda like putting a curr wiff a pedigree. Hits just plumb sad, haint it.
But hey... Ain't mixin bloodlines what you gotta to to avoid those in-breeding problems, bad hips and such ?

Labs and German Shepherds have lots of problems - but those Heinz 57 dogs live forever.
Sammy

Maysville, GA

#7 Nov 12, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
Forget Left Wing, Right Wing, and Center.
How can Americans make smart choices when they are just so damn ignorant ?
You will be shocked at how ignorant Americans are
November 06, 2013 08:29 AM | MARTY KAPLAN
View full article at Salon.com
All we have to do is listen to you .
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#8 Nov 12, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>All we have to do is listen to you .
Of course that's a good start, but more is necessary.

Listening to me will help, but you're also required to turn off Fox Noise, turn on rational TV, read, and access the hundreds of easily accessible news and information sources now available.

Also support tax increases to improve public schools and pay teaches more.

As Jefferson said:

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."

and

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
Right Wing Nut III

Maysville, GA

#9 Nov 12, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course that's a good start, but more is necessary.
Listening to me will help, but you're also required to turn off Fox Noise, turn on rational TV, read, and access the hundreds of easily accessible news and information sources now available.
Also support tax increases to improve public schools and pay teaches more.
As Jefferson said:
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
and
"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
To you, pouring money into schools makes them better. How do you explain the fact that Home Schooled children do considerably better on testing and SAT scores than public schooled kids. Pouring money into schools is just another Liberal Idea that has failed. Money does not equal better education. I agree we need top education, but I have not seen evidence that as a whole PUBLIC education is working very well even with the support of big tax money. Government is just not very good at doing anything, even with big tax revenues. Georgia has always ranked near the bottom in public education. Why/ Hint it is not money.
You want to waste money, you want old people who can NOT afford it to pay, but this makes Liberals feel better.
Al Kida

Orlando, FL

#10 Nov 12, 2013
Chainsaw Five wrote:
Why are Americans so Ignorant ?
Peoples from Floridee han Yankees, movin round han changing ther scummy bloodlines wiff locals han dumbin peoples down. Hits kinda like putting a curr wiff a pedigree. Hits just plumb sad, haint it.
Well I'm glad you agree with post #2
Right Wing Nut III

Maysville, GA

#11 Nov 12, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>All we have to do is listen to you .
Now ya'll quit making fun of 'Ignorant Opinion'!!!!
Right Wing Nut III

Maysville, GA

#12 Nov 12, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course that's a good start, but more is necessary.
Listening to me will help, but you're also required to turn off Fox Noise, turn on rational TV, read, and access the hundreds of easily accessible news and information sources now available.
Also support tax increases to improve public schools and pay teaches more.
As Jefferson said:
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
and
"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
Jefferson also wrote his own Bible. A lot of the founding fathers thought he was nuts.

"Also support tax increases to improve public schools and pay teaches more." quote from IO
Ha Ha Ha More money equals better education? Nuts.
An Ignorant Opinion. Georgia spends Zillions and we are ranked near the bottom in education. Money does not equal better education.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#13 Nov 12, 2013
Right Wing Nut III wrote:
<quoted text>Jefferson also wrote his own Bible. A lot of the founding fathers thought he was nuts.

"Also support tax increases to improve public schools and pay teaches more." quote from IO
Ha Ha Ha More money equals better education? Nuts.
An Ignorant Opinion. Georgia spends Zillions and we are ranked near the bottom in education. Money does not equal better education.
What's amazing is that your post completely lacks any facts at all in support of your specious argument.

By refusing to take a few minutes to simply google overall costs, cost per student, national rankings, and relative costs vs. relative standing, while proclaiming your knowledge of the very subject of which you demonstrate ignorance.

How many zillions must we spend on education to lower the zillions we spend on prisons ?

Oh wait ....we never object to spending zillions on prisons and wars.

How much is a "Zillion" anyway ?
big news

Maysville, GA

#14 Nov 15, 2013
Al Kida wrote:
Why are Americans so Ignorant ?
Because we can't stop the Georgians from cross breeding with the rest of us.
That's because your women want real men.
Al Kida

Orlando, FL

#15 Nov 15, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I'd like to put yo a$$ in my mouth...
I don't swing that way

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I want potato salad 2 hr Booty bandit 2
UCSO is a joke Sun What 10
Union general Hospital Oct 21 Get off drugs dop... 6
PSA for young, unmarried women Oct 20 I hate rednecks 18
Where's Timmy ? Oct 20 Pumpkin 16
Places for rent. Oct 19 Juan 15
NGN lied in article Oct 19 Pumpkin 26

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages