APB

Cleveland, GA

#22 Jan 11, 2014
Interesting the Toccoa address...

ha
APB

Cleveland, GA

#23 Jan 11, 2014
This is just a forum for discussion. Its ok if you want to deny everything said. Its typical of those in a corrupt system. There are those on both side of a table.

jmo
ACLU

Cornelia, GA

#24 Jan 11, 2014
I AM GOING TO BRING THE ACLU TO BLAIRSVILLE
APB

Cleveland, GA

#25 Jan 11, 2014
ACLU wrote:
I AM GOING TO BRING THE ACLU TO BLAIRSVILLE
I sure Hope so...what a blessing that would be.
Wow

Alto, GA

#26 Jan 12, 2014
Same old BS, just a different day.

Every criminal is innocent, then when they are convicted, they are sorry!
Sorry only because they got caught.

Ask Little daveys momma, I'm sure she will tell you when he was convicted, it was a frame up and he is such a good boy.

If you do drugs, I could care less what happens to you.
APB

Cleveland, GA

#27 Jan 12, 2014
Wow wrote:
Same old BS, just a different day.
Every criminal is innocent, then when they are convicted, they are sorry!
Sorry only because they got caught.
Ask Little daveys momma, I'm sure she will tell you when he was convicted, it was a frame up and he is such a good boy.
If you do drugs, I could care less what happens to you.
Typical Obama Supporter... Clueless...
Snowflake

Newnan, GA

#28 Jan 12, 2014
Actually Obama supporters generally are not tough crime.
APB

Cleveland, GA

#29 Jan 12, 2014
Really, its not a real reason for ppl to get so upset and call names. Everyone is not exposed to the same circumstances.

The right agency will clarify in time.
WOW

Alto, GA

#30 Jan 12, 2014
APB wrote:
Really, its not a real reason for ppl to get so upset and call names. Everyone is not exposed to the same circumstances.
The right agency will clarify in time.
Yea, we know you did not mean to get caught.
APB

Cleveland, GA

#31 Jan 12, 2014
If you are speaking of Me, no I did not get caught at anything. However, this circuit did.

Many things to come. Thats all Im trying to say.. Its not an argument just a statement.

For the cronies involved and maybe the Obama supporters on here will be right and they can keep it hid a little longer. Who knows.. Time is always a great thing.

js
WOW

Alto, GA

#32 Jan 12, 2014
APB wrote:
If you are speaking of Me, no I did not get caught at anything. However, this circuit did.
Many things to come. Thats all Im trying to say.. Its not an argument just a statement.
For the cronies involved and maybe the Obama supporters on here will be right and they can keep it hid a little longer. Who knows.. Time is always a great thing.
js
Wow, you are taking a page from little daveys book! With your super duper.top secret big news will come out sometime. Oh, my panties are in a knot, just waiting for the big news.

Yawn.
b vill georgia

Jonesboro, GA

#33 Aug 4, 2015
Has anyone else heard of Cathy cox brakefield getting a DUI and killy 2 ppl in white county Idk how she's still a Da if its true
long term

Demorest, GA

#34 Aug 4, 2015
this guy wrote:
do you think i just woke up one day and said hey let me get addicted to heroin? It doesn't happen like that. i would bet that you have someone in your family that has an addiction problem, it may not be with drugs, maybe it's food or women, maybe its money.. their all addictions and i'm the one that's looked down upon because mine happens to be drugs.
No but you did wake up one day and say, "hey, I think I'll give heroin a try" which started your addiction. I'm not unsympathetic to your plight but unless someone tied you down and forced the heroin on you, it was your choice and since it is against the law, your choice was to break the law which often leads to legal problems.
Tommy

Blairsville, GA

#35 Aug 5, 2015
b vill georgia wrote:
Has anyone else heard of Cathy cox brakefield getting a DUI and killy 2 ppl in white county Idk how she's still a Da if its true
Is this for real?????
b vill georgia

Talladega, AL

#36 Aug 5, 2015
Tommy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this for real?????
Not sure just asking I've heard from a few different ppl that she was caught up in the whole garret parks deal to he'd plant drugs and she would do the rest again this is just hear say but I've been trying to find more about this I know all she cares about is a convection rate dosnt matter if your innocent or not
Jung and restless

Dahlonega, GA

#37 Aug 5, 2015
I work with several drug courts throughout north georgia. I have yet to encounter anyone in felony drug court who doesn't have drug charges, so whoever said that is misinformed. Say what you want about the effectiveness of drug courts, but I interact with participants on a daily basis. They get out of it what they put into it. Many do join drug court just to avoid jail time, but in my years of working with them only a handful have left the program (which usually resulted because of several screw ups on their part). For the majority, I hear how much it has changed their lives in a positive way. The people who don't follow the rules and get sanctioned are the ones you hear bad mouthing it. I don't care what anyone says, I see the difference I make in people's lives and the success of overcoming their addiction. One of the users on here was right, drug courts are very strict, but for a good reason. People with addiction problems need structure and rules to stay clean. Its called accountability court for a reason. The drug courts I work with actually use jail time as little as possible, and typically only for repeat or severe offenses. And no, 10 people weren't sent to jail last week. It blows my mind the things people think they know.
b vill georgia

Alexander City, AL

#38 Aug 6, 2015
Jung and restless wrote:
I work with several drug courts throughout north georgia. I have yet to encounter anyone in felony drug court who doesn't have drug charges, so whoever said that is misinformed. Say what you want about the effectiveness of drug courts, but I interact with participants on a daily basis. They get out of it what they put into it. Many do join drug court just to avoid jail time, but in my years of working with them only a handful have left the program (which usually resulted because of several screw ups on their part). For the majority, I hear how much it has changed their lives in a positive way. The people who don't follow the rules and get sanctioned are the ones you hear bad mouthing it. I don't care what anyone says, I see the difference I make in people's lives and the success of overcoming their addiction. One of the users on here was right, drug courts are very strict, but for a good reason. People with addiction problems need structure and rules to stay clean. Its cdalcountability court for a reason. The drug courts I work with actually use jail time as little as possible, and typically only for repeat or severe offenses. And no, 10 people weren't sent to jail last week. It blows my mind the things people think they know.
Idk were your at but its not Blarisville ga they send pl to jail just for the test reading error and 10 ppl going to jail a week for drug court isn't news in Blarisville you can look at the north ga paper and see for yourself its a very low percentage that make it threw the program around here
Jung and restless

Dahlonega, GA

#39 Aug 6, 2015
b vill georgia wrote:
<quoted text>
Idk were your at but its not Blarisville ga they send pl to jail just for the test reading error and 10 ppl going to jail a week for drug court isn't news in Blarisville you can look at the north ga paper and see for yourself its a very low percentage that make it threw the program around here
Its a shame how misinformed you are, but you can believe what you want. I do work with the Blairsville court, and I know exactly how many people are in jail right now. It's nowhere near ten. People go to jail for failing a drug test, missing a test, and sometimes for having a dilution. That's it It takes around 2 years for someone to go through felony drug court, and it hasn't even been around up here for much longer than that. So actually a good amount of people will be graduating soon. You really have no clue. Maybe you should focus on learning how to spell and use grammar correctly instead of spouting nonsense.
Woof Woof
#40 Aug 16, 2015
ohwlll wrote:
Well, don't do drugs and don't hang around with lowlifes who do drugs and this is not a problem. Seriously, life is hard enough with out using illegal drugs. I don't has a lot of sympathy for people who make these choices.
Totally agree
Reality Check

Dawsonville, GA

#41 Sep 8, 2015
Drug Court wrote:
Do you think its a good thing that Blairsville has their very own Drug Court? Last Thursday, they sent 10 people to jail, mainly for missing their drug screens by minutes. Is it hurting, or helping? You tell me. The court system in this county is so ran by the "Good 'ol Boys" and if the defendant tries to use their constitutional right, and take their case to trial ,they will be convicted 97% of the time, innocent or not. They will be given the maximum sentence as a punishment for not taking A.D.A. Cathy Cox-Brakefield's ridiculous plea offer and be sent to prison.

If they accept her "hot offer" these days they will be sentenced to drug court with the maximum amount of probation allowed by law to follow. If they are able to comply with the stringent regulations associated with drug court, which by national average has a success rate of nearly a whole 10%, and complete their probation successfully, they might get their prize at the end of the rainbow, of a drug conviction off their record. So all in all, 90% of the people that even dare an attempt at drug court will still end up in the prison system with no fair trial and will still end up doing more time than if they didn't take the deal.
I heard it straight from an attorney that Cathy Cox-Brakefield is a mean and delusional piece of work.

She destroys lives. Pffffst! The war on drugs has been a major failure, but Cathy is too bent on her own little warpath to realize it.

The vast majority of druggies only hurt themselves and it's a victimless crime. It's a total waste of taxpayer money that should be spent on serious crime.

People like Cathy prey on defendants who don't have the money to appeal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gowdergate 6 hr Oh My 46
ACOG means 7 hr THE REAL ACOG 3
North Georgia Refused to Print this Article 8 hr Citizen Kane 32
Waste of Time with Mason 8 hr Voter 59
Mack Mason--The Arrogant *ss (Nov '12) 9 hr Agree 76
Mack Mason Plays Ugly (Sep '12) 9 hr Oh My 605
Disqualifications of Cary Cox 9 hr Glen 109
Eric Wood for SHERIFF 9 hr Terry 153
it's time to take politics out of school. 9 hr trail90 22
More from around the web