Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

I'm local. And I think it's disgusting with all the reality TV shows about 'white trash'. Zell Miller even put a stop to filming of a new one here.
This Sorghum 'Festival' propagates the image that was spread by the pissed off writer from Buckhead when he wrote 'Deliverance' as a form of retribution to the N GA people.

Can't we come up with any more complimentary activities than:
'biskit eatin''
'pole climbin'
'rock throwin'
'log sawin'
'cuzin marrin'
anything for a buck

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

I forgot

'baccor spittin'

my favorite.

And I wonder why the airport industrisl park is empty. Just don't understand why major businesses and high tech don't come here.
Annoying

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

anything for a buck wrote:
I'm local. And I think it's disgusting with all the reality TV shows about 'white trash'. Zell Miller even put a stop to filming of a new one here.
This Sorghum 'Festival' propagates the image that was spread by the pissed off writer from Buckhead when he wrote 'Deliverance' as a form of retribution to the N GA people.
'biskit eatin''
'pole climbin'
'rock throwin'
'log sawin'
'cuzin marrin'
Well, we do like to eat biscuits here sopped in sorghum syrup, so that's not demeaning. Pole climbing?? Just a bit of fun and show athleticism, it's not demeaning. Rock throwing?? Same as pole climbing. Log sawing?? Mountaineers used to have to saw logs to build their homes and barns, and to heat with. Nothing demeaning about that. Now, the Sorghum Festival doesn't promote "cuzin marrin" as you put it, so it seems that you are the only one being derisive to the area.
anything for a buck

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Union Co. needs to realize that mindless unskilled jobs are no longer available, and are immediately taken by Mexicans (ouch, that hurts).
neighbor

Maysville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Union Co. needs to realize that mindless unskilled jobs are no longer available, and are immediately taken by Mexicans (ouch, that hurts).
Sport in case you haven't noticed the Mexicans have left for greener pastures but You are right their aren't any jobs in Union County, You can thank Lamar Paris for that but you can go ride your horse at the arena. That is if you join the saddle club and pay dues.

“Shoots a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

'biskit eatin''
'pole climbin'
'rock throwin'
'log sawin'
'cuzin marrin'
Call a Spade a Spade. You left out Creek Dippin.
Union County native

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

To attract major businesses and high tech jobs you have to have an educated, motivated work force available, and that really does not exist in the region. The young people leave the area for metro Atlanta for better paying jobs and opportunity. Retirees move here from Florida and other parts, not to work, but enjoy their golden years. So who is left? The poorly educated locals and Hispanics who get the typical minimum wage jobs that are prevalent in the region.

There are more opportunities and jobs in Union County today than there were 20-30 years ago, but those of you wanting higher paying jobs would complain of the growth and traffic that such jobs would bring with them.
neighbor

Maysville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Union County native wrote:
To attract major businesses and high tech jobs you have to have an educated, motivated work force available, and that really does not exist in the region. The young people leave the area for metro Atlanta for better paying jobs and opportunity. Retirees move here from Florida and other parts, not to work, but enjoy their golden years. So who is left? The poorly educated locals and Hispanics who get the typical minimum wage jobs that are prevalent in the region.
There are more opportunities and jobs in Union County today than there were 20-30 years ago, but those of you wanting higher paying jobs would complain of the growth and traffic that such jobs would bring with them.
P;ease tell me who has moved a business to Union County to create these high paying jobs? I know that Arbor Acres ,Ga. Boot, The Plastics co. and several others have moved out but for the life of me I can't think of any that have moved in. I am glad they have though so if you will post the names I'm sure they will have several applications tomorrow.
just saying

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>P;ease tell me who has moved a business to Union County to create these high paying jobs? I know that Arbor Acres ,Ga. Boot, The Plastics co. and several others have moved out but for the life of me I can't think of any that have moved in. I am glad they have though so if you will post the names I'm sure they will have several applications tomorrow.
Go vote for another SPLOST we need more Recreation. That is what brings in the big business that Lamar keeps telling is coming. That big Community Center and those visitors when they see that view. It's coming you just wait and see.
Annoying

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

tmv post wrote:
Read our “8 SPLOST Facts You Need To Know”(Pages 4 – 12) in our 1st Edition Publication. Distribution of 3,000 printed copies around the county starts this coming week.
If you want to preview it in PDF format, here is a direct link: http://tinyurl.com/ngphye4
Pages 4 - 12 = 8 Splost Facts You Need To Know
Peace,
- david
aka The Mountains Voice
Shut up, nut job, this topic isn't yours to hijack. Damn, you're worse than ACOG (and as stupid, too.)
yu shore gota purdy mouth

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>Sport in case you haven't noticed the Mexicans have left for greener pastures but You are right their aren't any jobs in Union County, You can thank Lamar Paris for that but you can go ride your horse at the arena. That is if you join the saddle club and pay dues.
The unique things we have now are no minorities, lots of protected forest land that can't be developed, lots of lakes with lakefront homes, and we're stuffed full of retired people flush with cash. The log sawin', baccor spittin' days are over. My kids had to move away to make a living, but that's the price we have to pay to keep our 'country club county'. When they can afford it, they can move back. Order a drink at the Grill, think it over, as you look at Lamar's office, and be grateful you're not looking at downtown Atlanta.
We need to put rock wall around the county, with a card controlled access gate.
Davey

Demorest, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Gold statue of Lamar is coming soon .
neighbor

Maysville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Davey wrote:
Gold statue of Lamar is coming soon .
I have been raising pigeons.
Union County native

Pendergrass, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Who said there were high paying jobs in Union County? Re-read my post.

Nobody in their right mind would invest millions of dollars to construct and staff a "high tech" industry when the locals are barely educated with few, if any qualifications. Chasing and plucking chickens at Arbor Acres would be the skillset for most.There is a reason most jobs here are minimum wage with few, if any benefits.
Idiots Abound

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Who said there were high paying jobs in Union County? Re-read my post.
Nobody in their right mind would invest millions of dollars to construct and staff a "high tech" industry when the locals are barely educated with few, if any qualifications. Chasing and plucking chickens at Arbor Acres would be the skillset for most.There is a reason most jobs here are minimum wage with few, if any benefits.
One thing's for sure, you really aren't a "Union County native" but a loudmouth Yankee or Floridiot.
Union County native

Pendergrass, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Idiots Abound wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing's for sure, you really aren't a "Union County native" but a loudmouth Yankee or Floridiot.
I must have struck a nerve. Are you employed at Arbor Acres, or getting taxpayer funded "benefits" ?
Idiots Abound

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I must have struck a nerve. Are you employed at Arbor Acres, or getting taxpayer funded "benefits" ?
Nope, I'm a self-made millionaire and I nailed you mom last night.
Union County native

Pendergrass, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Idiots Abound wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I'm a self-made millionaire and I nailed you mom last night.
I didn't realize trailers or "manufactured homes" had millionaires as residents.

Congratulations on your accomplishments.

What is "you mom"? Did you learn that in school, or while you were working your way up the ladder of success at Arbor Acres?
Idiots Abound

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I didn't realize trailers or "manufactured homes" had millionaires as residents.
Congratulations on your accomplishments.
What is "you mom"? Did you learn that in school, or while you were working your way up the ladder of success at Arbor Acres?
Wow, I made a typing error. Oooooh. But thanks for pointing it out, because it wasn't just your mom I nailed last night it was your sister, too. Damn, she is one ugly b_tch.

Oh yeah, you really are showing your ignorance in that while I've never worked at Arbor Acres, I know as a fact that there are a number of college educated employees there. If you had a clue about what Arbor Acres is you'd actually understand why. And by the way, you're not just a Floridiot, you're a complete idiot.
Union County native

Pendergrass, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Idiots Abound wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I made a typing error. Oooooh. But thanks for pointing it out, because it wasn't just your mom I nailed last night it was your sister, too. Damn, she is one ugly b_tch.
Oh yeah, you really are showing your ignorance in that while I've never worked at Arbor Acres, I know as a fact that there are a number of college educated employees there. If you had a clue about what Arbor Acres is you'd actually understand why. And by the way, you're not just a Floridiot, you're a complete idiot.
Floridiot? I was born and raised in Union County. For some reason Arbor Acres hits close to home for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Blairsville Forum right now

Search the Blairsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 min Cbutt 50,100
em county boys sure does love em some Hurddle H... 2 hr Bubba 5
Bank Closing 2 hr The Facts 17
Union County Development Authority 10 hr ACOG 24
your opinion on blairsville methadone clinic (Dec '09) 22 hr Logic 148
4th of July boating accident (Jul '09) 23 hr Worried 23
Would you support/shop @ Starbucks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) Tue Marilyn 37
•••
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
Blairsville Dating

more search filters