GaGirl64

Blue Ridge, GA

#163 Jun 4, 2013
The Facts wrote:
You are talking to Laurel Wood aren't you???
<quoted text>
This is for The Facts. No I was talking to you. Laurel Wood is never unhappy or at least I have never seen her unhappy she just dont put up with crap.....
The Facts

Otto, NC

#164 Jun 4, 2013
Nor do I. Just as I thought, you are part of their little crew. Good for you! I was right!

“Nuff said!”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#165 Jun 4, 2013
Thanks GaGirl64, I am happy!
GaGirl64

Blue Ridge, GA

#166 Jun 4, 2013
I am just my own person. Nothing else Laurel Wood you are welcome
For sure

Otto, NC

#167 Jun 5, 2013
Nothing new here...same old Topix Trolls...same old topics...same characters.
Really, Chainsaw Five,.....I'm asking you nicely...get some new characters that are nice and have interesting things to say.
Are You Out There

Otto, NC

#168 Jun 5, 2013
Chainsaw Five did you see my message? I KNOW you can do better than this. I know you are more intelligent than this, bring on some interesting
characters ...and you will bring in a whole new audience.
Still Waiting

Otto, NC

#169 Jun 6, 2013
Chainsaw Five (SlowPok) Where are you?
You know you can fix them or change them into interesting characters. Please start typing.
For Sure

Otto, NC

#170 Jun 7, 2013
You finally did it! I am proud of you. You created a new character that is funny, interesting and not boring! Talks a little like your character, but otherwise someone new to read. Not insulting like the rest of your characters, but funny in story telling and I like the way you have him putting Timmy in his place. There was no need for me to keep responding to Timmy...you got your character doing it all for me. You are a genius! Now you can go frolic in your imaginary creek with Laurel
Wood. She needs cooling off.

“Nuff said!”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#171 Jun 7, 2013
I saw that.
For Sure wrote:
You finally did it! I am proud of you. You created a new character that is funny, interesting and not boring! Talks a little like your character, but otherwise someone new to read. Not insulting like the rest of your characters, but funny in story telling and I like the way you have him putting Timmy in his place. There was no need for me to keep responding to Timmy...you got your character doing it all for me. You are a genius! Now you can go frolic in your imaginary creek with Laurel
Wood. She needs cooling off.
For Sure

Otto, NC

#172 Jun 7, 2013
I knew you would. LOL
Laurel Wood wrote:
I saw that.
<quoted text>
For Sure

Otto, NC

#173 Jun 7, 2013
Chainsaw Five/SlowPok, why haven't you continued to write a script for your new character?
Seriously, he is one of your best works. I'm not giving you false flattery either. You have a knack for writing and creating characters. Although, some are better than others.
Anejo

West Palm Beach, FL

#174 Jun 8, 2013
Janie wrote:
Timmy is a simpleton with a computer.
He claims to be a born again Christian however,
he is a "Christian" only when it is convenient for him.
He makes vulgar remarks about women (chicks) and constantly refers to his private part size.
He has no tolerance for anyone with other Christian views.
He is a hypocrite of the worst kind.
I think he lives in Franklin, N.C. but posts his hate on this forum, for people from Florida and anyone who moves to this area from somewhere else. All of his posts are incomplete sentences and along with his idiotic comments, shows us his lack of an education.
In short (no pun intended), he is a little man with a small mind who would like to be something he isn't.
BOOYAH!
Anejo

West Palm Beach, FL

#176 Jun 8, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>The golden rule is carnal.
Do you even know what carnal means? You forgot to say yankee & floridiot....you must be hittin' that pipe scooter ;)
Anejo

West Palm Beach, FL

#177 Jun 8, 2013
Laurel Wood wrote:
There is no use in me trying to tell you anything I attempt to do. I won't argue with you, if I am bad to the bone in your opinion then I am and I ask you to pray I can do better, ok.
<quoted text>
You should do your own praying, the kind of praying that teaches you to be kind to your fellow man, no matter what religion, sex, creed....quit throwing your bible/prayer crap on here, you're such an uber hypocrite.
Anejo

West Palm Beach, FL

#178 Jun 8, 2013
Jack wrote:
Like I said, not here to amuse you. Keep drinking that SWEET tea, it may improve your disposition.SH
<quoted text>
The sugar is bad for the rotund one. She needs a shot of shine or JD, loosin' her up , it may even sweetin' her up a bit.
Anejo

West Palm Beach, FL

#179 Jun 8, 2013
Laurel Wood wrote:
I truly am sweet, but I don't want to meet anyone from Topix. <quoted text>
That's funny as hell!
Anejo

West Palm Beach, FL

#180 Jun 8, 2013
Jack wrote:
Really, I have read other postings. Timmy is not a well liked character. Lady, you are not an anonymous poster, this seems to be your life. Since
June 2009?
Double BOOYAH!
Anejo

West Palm Beach, FL

#181 Jun 8, 2013
Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I'm sorry, I know he could never have made it to 3rd grade.
And don't call me Shirley
Awesome!
Anejo

West Palm Beach, FL

#182 Jun 8, 2013
Union County USA wrote:
<quoted text>
More on cognitive dissonance: WARNING this is a long post.
I'm assuming that "Curious" is referring to Timmy's quotes about getting into a Baptist Church in order to be "saved" and only the King James version of the bible is the true word of God. He calls books on Christianity junk, or something like that. I don't think his flavor of Baptist truly represent the Grace believing Southern Baptist that I know. I was like Timmy at one point until Grace found me.
Cognitive dissonance refers to a situation involving conflicting attitudes, beliefs or behaviors.
For example, when people smoke (behavior) and they know that smoking causes cancer (cognition).
Christians have many behaviors they know are wrong. When I grew up in the Baptist tradition of religion, My Southern Baptist dad had a dislike of black people (behavior), yet the Bible teaches that we should, love God, other people, and ourselves (God's cognitive- standard). Messiah Jesus said this is is the greatest commandment on which all other commandments are based.
In light of how "Christians" behave (human minds) and God's standard (The mind set of God exemplified by Christ), it does no good to compare ourselves to others. We cannot escape our failure to be righteous in our own strength. This is by God's design, because only when we understand our weakness will we consider relying on the atoning sacrifice of Jesus.
I have attended several flavors of Southern Baptist, Baptist in the South: Independent Baptist, First Baptist, Fundamental Baptist, etc. Although they talk Grace (The power of God within us; to change us), what often comes across is "legalism" -- self effort to please God, pray every day for forgiveness of sins, be all you can be...It is like joining the marines. They teach grace, but beat you over the head with sin (their modern laws). It is a bate and switch of religion (a lot of Baptist). Pray the prayer of Grace. Oh, by the way here are a thousand rules: You got to go to our church, you can only read the KJV and we will tell you about the other 998 rules later in the lecture hall. You are worm and reminded every Sunday. Tiring and Boring...I'm beat up enough, already.
To understand legalism, we must understand sin in the context of the Bible which gives us an understanding of the Gospel of Grace.
What Is Sin - A whole Biblical Perspective: OT + NT = Grace
Sin is mentioned hundreds of times in the Bible, starting with the "original" sin when Adam and Eve ate of the tree of knowledge. Often it seems as if sin is simply the violation of any of God's laws, including the Ten Commandments.
Paul, however, puts this in perspective in Romans 3:20, when he says, "Therefore no one will be declared righteous in His sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin."
God wanted us to recognize our sins. Even those who have not murdered or committed adultery will find themselves convicted of lying, or of worshiping false idols like wealth or power ahead of God. I get that. What I don't get is why Baptist preachers fell like they have to beat you up every Sunday.
We live in a culture where the concept of sin has become entangled in legalistic arguments over right and wrong. When many of us consider "What is sin?" we think of violations of the Ten Commandments.
The truth is that sin, as defined in the original translations of the Bible, means "to miss the mark." The mark, in this case, is the standard of perfection established by God and evidenced by Jesus. Viewed in that light, it is clear that we are all sinners.
In light of this, it does no good to compare ourselves to others. We cannot escape our failure to be righteous in our own strength. This is by God's design, because only when we understand our weakness will we consider relying on the atoning sacrifice of Jesus.
YAWN! Boring, Jesus that was long winded!
Lakehouse owner

Roswell, GA

#183 Jun 10, 2013
The biggest idiot on Topix. He took Reb's place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muslim in Blairsville Thu dgd748 38
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) Thu dgd748 464
Floridees Apr 26 Timmy is a homer ... 4
Union County Sole Commissioners Lamar Paris "S... (Jun '15) Apr 26 hvactinknocker 92
THAT Falling Apart Decrepit Trailer Apr 25 The Mountains Noise 95
Sephardic Jews and Spanish living in the mounta... (Jun '11) Apr 24 Zeke on Blood Mou... 43
Have you dealt with Adult protective services? Apr 23 Need Feedback 8

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages