That is it

Blairsville, GA

#24 Sep 29, 2013
Clete Purcell wrote:
The place is really bad. I had to put some bags in the shed area and when I got home I had to wash my car mats and my sneakers with a water hose. Lamar should be ashamed, leaving this mess and building Horse Barns and Reese Memorials instead of fixing up this total disaster.
Same here. I have garbage service but I still have to go to Lamar's dump to dispose of certain items. Several years ago, I almost shattered my elbow after slipping and I went to Lamar's office. They brushed it off by saying that it wasn't their responsibility. I knew it was useless to say any more with that kind of blame-game response. For those of you that live near Loving Rd., it's probably cheaper on gas, etc., to take your garbage to Fannin County's. It's much nicer.
Clete Purcell

Clarkesville, GA

#25 Sep 29, 2013
The Transfer Station is the biggest mess around these Mountain Counties and Lamar is responsible for it.

We need to hold Lamar responsible. These people who just sit on their butts and say "Lamar is doing a good job, look at all the stuff he built us" have their heads in the sand. The transfer station sucks, the senior center sucks and 7% sales tax sucks. I don't give a rats butt for the farmers market, or the Community Center, or even Meeks park. I pay for this stuff but I don't need them at all. That sucks too.

froggy

Alto, GA

#26 Sep 29, 2013
That is it wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here. I have garbage service but I still have to go to Lamar's dump to dispose of certain items. Several years ago, I almost shattered my elbow after slipping and I went to Lamar's office. They brushed it off by saying that it wasn't their responsibility. I knew it was useless to say any more with that kind of blame-game response. For those of you that live near Loving Rd., it's probably cheaper on gas, etc., to take your garbage to Fannin County's. It's much nicer.
Isn't our dump run by a private company? Who operates the dumps in the other counties? Maybe improvements or lack thereof are limited by this fact.
Agree improvements could be made.
but but

Blairsville, GA

#27 Sep 29, 2013
froggy wrote:
<quoted text> Isn't our dump run by a private company? Who operates the dumps in the other counties? Maybe improvements or lack thereof are limited by this fact.
I private company runs it and the county is responsible for improvements and redesign
but but

Blairsville, GA

#28 Sep 29, 2013
froggy wrote:
<quoted text> Isn't our dump run by a private company? Who operates the dumps in the other counties? Maybe improvements or lack thereof are limited by this fact.
The same private company runs Fannin County, which is cleaner.
Retired person

Dawsonville, GA

#29 Sep 29, 2013
big news wrote:
<quoted text>Oh believe me, I'm not above carrying my garbage to the dump. Truth is, for $20 a month, once a week, he picks up 6 or more bags, puts the cans back, and drives it to the dump. I can't do it that cheap.$5 a week for that? Yeah, I'm must be a real smart fella.....
I, too, have trash service for $25 and it is worth every penny.
Also, it gives an income to someone who works hard for a living.
I believe in sharing the wealth. What's that old saying about, giving and you will receive.

Here's the deal, when you go to the dump, wear your old shoes and put plastic or newspaper on your floor mats. Easy, wasn't it?
take same medicine

Blairsville, GA

#30 Sep 30, 2013
Retired person wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the deal, when you go to the dump, wear your old shoes and put plastic or newspaper on your floor mats. Easy, wasn't it?
Think Lamar does this? Ha.
Clete Purcell

Clarkesville, GA

#31 Sep 30, 2013
take same medicine wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we ought to send Lamar our old shoes and newspapers. He could use them at the Transfer Station.
trash talk

Dawsonville, GA

#33 Sep 30, 2013
As long as y'all are using the transfer station and it's busy, nothing is gonna change.

It's a dump for God's sake.

Want something special, I'm sure the dumps in Florida are much nicer. Weren't they?

Hire trash service and move along to something important.
trash talk

Dawsonville, GA

#34 Sep 30, 2013
take same medicine wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should he? Why should I?
I haven't been there in years and years because I have trash service who picks up everything I need dumped. Big stuff, I hire someone to haul it off for $50. Someone made a few extra dollars and I didn't have to be bothered hauling trash.
Clete Purcell

Clarkesville, GA

#35 Oct 1, 2013
trash talk wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been there in years and years because I have trash service who picks up everything I need dumped. Big stuff, I hire someone to haul it off for $50. Someone made a few extra dollars and I didn't have to be bothered hauling trash.
Why should I hire someone to do something I can do myself? Are you lazy?

Lamar should clean up our transfer station like he said he would in SPLOST3. I guess you like having a liar for your commissioner.
neighbor

Cornelia, GA

#36 Oct 1, 2013
trash talk wrote:
<quoted text>
You people who keep hollering to just hire someone are showing how lazy you are. Someday you will try hiring someone to breath for you.
My Two Senses

Blairsville, GA

#37 Oct 1, 2013
trash talk wrote:
As long as y'all are using the transfer station and it's busy, nothing is gonna change.
It's a dump for God's sake.
Want something special, I'm sure the dumps in Florida are much nicer. Weren't they?
Hire trash service and move along to something important.
The dumps in Florida, I'm sure, are much nicer because I've seen much nicer everywhere I've been in my long, long lifetime, even in Third-World countries.
Clete Purcell

Clarkesville, GA

#38 Oct 1, 2013
My Two Senses wrote:
<quoted text>
The dumps in Florida, I'm sure, are much nicer because I've seen much nicer everywhere I've been in my long, long lifetime, even in Third-World countries.
I guess we are a 'third world' County. Good ole Union. The County that can take its dump to new lows.
Good lord

Stockbridge, GA

#39 Oct 1, 2013
Local Yokel wrote:
What a dump. Really, it is a mess. I remember Lamar promising to fix it up with SPLOST3 money, but I guess he thought the Horse Barn was more important.
It's a dump, not a retirement villa. Damn.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#40 Oct 1, 2013
This should answer all your questions right from the horses mouth.

Q/A 9/7/11

Q. Why has the county not made any improvements to the transfer station with the current SPLOST?

A. The answer is priorities. Once our sales tax collection estimates lowered based on the economy going into a downturn, we knew we had to cut or delay some projects and this is one of them. While the transfer station facility could certainly be improved with doubling the size of the transfer building, it will have to wait for now. We do have some possibilities to improve these facilities without the use of taxpayer funds that we are currently exploring.

There you go folks PRIORITIES!

No Transfer Station, No new JAIL

All the money is being used for what Lamar wants. NOT WHAT YOU VOTED ON!

So if you vote YES again and leave Lamar in charge of YOUR MONEY you will have no one to blame but yourself.

You better think long and hard where YOUR money has been spent and will be spent.

Lamars PRIORITIES are RECREATION
Susan

Clayton, GA

#41 Oct 1, 2013
Lamar`s priorities is LAMAR !!!
jake

Blairsville, GA

#42 Jan 27, 2014
they need to fire everbody that works at transfer station and get someone who wants to work especialty the man in recycle area who wants to stand an talk

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#43 Jan 27, 2014
ACOG wrote:
This should answer all your questions right from the horses mouth.
Q/A 9/7/11
Q. Why has the county not made any improvements to the transfer station with the current SPLOST?
A. The answer is priorities. Once our sales tax collection estimates lowered based on the economy going into a downturn, we knew we had to cut or delay some projects and this is one of them. While the transfer station facility could certainly be improved with doubling the size of the transfer building, it will have to wait for now. We do have some possibilities to improve these facilities without the use of taxpayer funds that we are currently exploring.
There you go folks PRIORITIES!
No Transfer Station, No new JAIL
All the money is being used for what Lamar wants. NOT WHAT YOU VOTED ON!
So if you vote YES again and leave Lamar in charge of YOUR MONEY you will have no one to blame but yourself.
You better think long and hard where YOUR money has been spent and will be spent.
Lamars PRIORITIES are RECREATION
Who gives a rat's a$$ about transfer station. I guess you don't remember what it looked like when it was a landfill.

And this reminds me of you railing on about how the firemen were getting screwed because they weren't getting a new fire station... Oh how wrong you were. Maybe you should get out and do a bit more research on things before you sound off ( like the old hospital comments, how ridiculous!)
oh my

Blairsville, GA

#45 Jan 27, 2014
TROLL MAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gives a rat's a$$ about transfer station. I guess you don't remember what it looked like when it was a landfill.
You must one that has others go to the transfer station for them when they have items the garbage collector will not pick up. If you went there and saw the sad state of the transfer station caused by Lamar, you'd be disgusted at the filth that gets on your shoes and clothes and then in your vehicle. That's no including the possibility of a broken hip by slipping on the filth on a wet day. The county government should not blame any one but itself for the filth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sunday sales 4 hr Ellijay 12
Jenny Craig 7 hr Betty Bopster 12
new coffee shop on the square 9 hr Timmys Friend 76
Republicans-AntiChristian Mon Veritas 93
galaxy bowling center Mon Vern 37
places to rent Mon Betty Bopster 7
A simple question for Mr.Henson EMC board of d... Mon Tom 18
More from around the web

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE