The Real Truth or Dare
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Bears Way

Cornelia, GA

#1 Oct 27, 2011
Bears Way, Hollywood, FL
I am 68, turned 69 October 25. Born in Louisville, Ky. Retired as a Ford and Honda Dealer in Miami. Married and in good health. Blairssville will be my final home. Who are you?
Challenger99

Cornelia, GA

#2 Oct 27, 2011
Challenger99, Location unknown
I am 69. born in Tamaqua, PA. Retired form Defense & Space contractor. Currently working part-time as Lobbyist for Aerospace firm in D C. My wife is retired from Aerospace Company. We moved form PA to FL after Challenger accident. In good health. Spend as much time as possible in Blairsville from April thru Oct.
Slowpok

Cornelia, GA

#3 Oct 27, 2011
Slowpok, Hiawassie GA
Am 80 years young. Born in Towns County. Retired from teaching. Also retired from Outdoor Advertising i.e.(Pictorial Sign). Returned to the area a few years ago. Married, am in Excellent health.
Truthis Blairsville

Cornelia, GA

#4 Oct 27, 2011
Truthis Blairsville, Dawsonville, GA
I am a young, vibrant 60 yr old, celebrated that birthday with a visit to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Have been known to eat ice cream for dinner. Born in Richmond, VA. Worked in L E for a few years. Worked as a business manager for a few years. Marrie dfor 31 years to a really good man. Found Union County 31 years ago. Have lived here for 22 years.
Gumlog

Cornelia, GA

#5 Oct 27, 2011
Gumlog, Dawsonville, GA
A 70s baby. I hope to be posting when I am in my 40s 50s 60s 70s 80s etc. The only option to not grow older is death. And to hog heaven I consider myself very successful. I have shoes for my feet and plenty to eat and a mone in heaven I AM BLESSED EVERYDAY THAT I LIVE I AM BLESSED!!!!!!!
Mountain Melody

Cornelia, GA

#6 Oct 27, 2011
Mountain Melody, Dahlonega GA
I am 61, retired, love to have fun, love yard sales, thrift stores, flowers and butterflies. Success to me is not the size of my bank account, but getting up every morning and doing what I want to do, not what I have to do, and sometimes that is just sitting by my creek and counting my blessings. I love the simple country life, and I am so thankful for everyday I get to live it.
Lakehouse Owner

Cornelia, GA

#7 Oct 27, 2011
Lakehouse Owner, Roswell GA
48 years old male, still working in sales. Born in Richmond, but moved to METRO-Atlanta suburbs before my eyes were open enough. Twin daughters in college and an autistic son that make my life. Married 21 years to wonderful woman and amazed she stays with me. 11 years ago came to Blairsville for a family reunion and found our dream home. I come up most every weekend, and find the people in Blairsville to be friendly. Started keeping up through North Georgia News & Topix. Not sure it is the correct way to get assimilated, but it is entertaining sometimes. I must never meet the negative folks on here. But would love to meet so many including Bears Way, Slowpok, Oh My, Floridian, Truthis Blairsville, GA Peach and many more. Oh and bowl of ice cream for bed.
US FED

Cornelia, GA

#8 Oct 27, 2011
U S FED, location unknown
Challenger 99 is back in D C for tomorrow night's ordeal so my office comptuer shows U S FED on the various forums. How about adding some additional info to this thread? What are several of the things you enjoy doing, a hobby, just relaxation, etc. I enjoy hunting, small game and big game (deer, bear), fresh water fishing, rock & roll dancing, roller skating (visit Murphy rink when we are in Blairsville). Also a Scotch & water about 6 PM. And I enjoy what I am going to be doing over the next several weeks--dealing with members of Congress.
Thrift Shopper

Cornelia, GA

#9 Oct 27, 2011
Thrift Shopper, Crockett, TX
I am 47 years old, I moved to the area 2 years ago from Texas. I own a small business, am married with two children. I am here to stay. I love these mountains.
Snookmon

Cornelia, GA

#10 Oct 27, 2011
Snookmon, Fort Pierce FL
I'm 57 years old, married for 34 years to the same woman. Two daughters, one a doctor and the other in property management with a national company overseeing property in 38 states. Moved to Florida from Virginia 55 yearss ago. Worked 32 years in public safety. Retired in 2007 and found Blairsville a year later. Visiting the mountains on a part time basis, hoping to make it permanent in a few years. Desire is to be a good neighbor and to give back more than I take from the community.
Shangirl

Cornelia, GA

#11 Oct 27, 2011
Shangirl, Land O Lakes, FL
36 year old, NH/Florida chick
Ex-Head Start/preschool teacher
Current writer
Love of Nature
In good health
Happy, love life
Runs, loves Yoga, learning new things, meet new people, love the beach, mountains, hiking, travel, camping, fires, hummingbirds, fall season, Christmas, snow, thrift stores, antique shops, red wine, reading and facebook.
Slowpoks Boy

Cornelia, GA

#12 Oct 27, 2011
Slowpoks Boy, Dahlonega GA
45 years old, farming, cuddling, Harry Potter and Glen Beck

Since: Oct 11

not flarda

#13 Oct 27, 2011
You is the Dahlonega stalker. I kin tell by yore syntax.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#14 Oct 27, 2011
Eight individuals, diverse walks of life, common threads-enjoy life and friends.
Each one touched by the GA Mountains, each for personal reasons but each dedicated to their Mountain life.

Since: Oct 11

not flarda

#15 Oct 27, 2011
Slowpoks Boy, Hiawassee Ga.

20 somthin. Won millions in the lottery han happily married. Dedicated my life to helpin make these here mountains smell better by tryin to keep the Flarda folk out.
Start it Over

Cleveland, GA

#16 Oct 27, 2011
Slowpoks Boy wrote:
Slowpoks Boy, Hiawassee Ga.
20 somthin. Won millions in the lottery han happily married. Dedicated my life to helpin make these here mountains smell better by tryin to keep the Flarda folk out.
No stalking at all, I simply started a great thread over. I copied some of what you had written on the original one. I am glad you came back and posted your real information.
Bears way

Bowling Green, KY

#17 Oct 27, 2011
Start it Over wrote:
<quoted text>No stalking at all, I simply started a great thread over. I copied some of what you had written on the original one. I am glad you came back and posted your real information.
I think you did a great service to us all, we all love the mountains for different reasons. How about expanding " Truth or Dare". State sometning you did in your past that you regret. I will start. Years ago I had a opportunity to help a fellow military buddy with a financial problem. I thought about it and decided not to. A day later he commited suiicide.
Start it Over

Cleveland, GA

#18 Oct 27, 2011
Thanks. It was the least I could do for you. You started a great thread now I want you to continue without any help from someone else that posted on it. I have something in my past I regret also. I am sorry about your buddy but I think he would be proud of you no matter what course he chose. Others will now post to your thread and I promise it will be the best one on Blairsville Topix!
He ck

Raleigh, NC

#19 Oct 27, 2011
If I give my personal info too many will know who I am.
I will however post about a regret I have.
Back in the early seventies before there were many vets and not a one in the county I lived in my dog became paralysed. My choice was to shoot him dead and bury him. I thought to myself I have killed humans in war so it's no big deal to kill a dog . I was wrong, broke my heart and I cried for several days about it.

We make stronger bonds with our pets sometimes more than we do our children.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#20 Oct 27, 2011
Bears way wrote:
<quoted text> I think you did a great service to us all, we all love the mountains for different reasons. How about expanding " Truth or Dare". State sometning you did in your past that you regret. I will start. Years ago I had a opportunity to help a fellow military buddy with a financial problem. I thought about it and decided not to. A day later he commited suiicide.
Bear, I'll give you a positive and a negative action during my career.
Negative:
An employee that worked for me in Denver came to work drunk. I was in DC and mad that he came in drunk and that I had to fly to Denver for his stupidity. The Company had a Zero Tolerence Policy but I had the authority to fire him or send him for help with his problem. I let my "mad" attitude control and I fired him. It has bothered me ever since that I did not give him a second chance.
Positive:
A proposal team that worked for me in Philadelphia really worked long and hard to prepare, submit and negotiate a package to win a major Government Contract. I had enough funds in my budget to give a decent salary increase to each but wanted to show my and the Company's appreciation for their effort. I convinced my boss to take my bonus and divide it among the Team members. They never knew what I had done but it gave me a good feeling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Towns County Sheriff 2 hr Sacrafice 33
floridiots are a pain 5 hr Some Things Never... 7
Is this true about emc? 8 hr Rumor 4
Status of Mr. Akins 9 hr GDP 5
Local EMC reduces rate 18 hr Just a Thought 25
Obamacare: Good or Bad ? 23 hr Just Mike 8
need "good" heating and air conditioning service (Sep '09) Thu Regina Peterson 36
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages