your opinion on blairsville methadone...

your opinion on blairsville methadone clinic

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
4something

Cornelia, GA

#1 Dec 21, 2009
what do you guys think about the methadone clinic, do you actually think it helps them or milks ppl off there habit.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#2 Dec 22, 2009
I didn't even know we had one.
Ghost of Christmas past

Texarkana, TX

#3 Dec 22, 2009
Why does a small rural town like ours need a methadone clinic? Isn't it for heroin addicts or is it for meth users? Do we have such a huge problem here that we need one? Someone please enlighten me. I might be naive to this problem.
stop it

Dawsonville, GA

#4 Dec 22, 2009
Ghost of Christmas past wrote:
Why does a small rural town like ours need a methadone clinic? Isn't it for heroin addicts or is it for meth users? Do we have such a huge problem here that we need one? Someone please enlighten me. I might be naive to this problem.
boodoodle is that you? has to be cause only a boodoodle is this clueless!!
Dimbulb

Crockett, TX

#5 Dec 22, 2009
Iz liken that ther meth hell itz maken me feel reals good, It makes me rub on ole fluffy, soft an warm Boo alls night. Me an Boodoodle loves our meth treatments,hand the bestes part is its free...
Educate Yourself

Jefferson, GA

#6 Dec 22, 2009
People do not kid yourself, meth addicts are every where even in Blairsville, and it is an epidemic nation wide, and I did not know we had a methadone clinic for all addicts of drugs of their choice, but I am glad we have one, drugs destroy so many lives, not just of the addict but their family as well, be glad we do.
the lulu

Commerce, GA

#7 Dec 22, 2009
i am surprised that ANYONE would even think that methadone is a better alternative to heroin...it has SERIOUS side effects and is everybit as addictive as heroin itself...it is like feeding an addicts habit, only LEGALLY~!! I was sent to a pain clinic and Methadone was one of the first drugs given to me to manage my pain...i have taken one pill as i don't want to risk addiction/death using this drug...
Educate Yourself

Jefferson, GA

#8 Dec 22, 2009
the lulu wrote:
i am surprised that ANYONE would even think that methadone is a better alternative to heroin...it has SERIOUS side effects and is everybit as addictive as heroin itself...it is like feeding an addicts habit, only LEGALLY~!! I was sent to a pain clinic and Methadone was one of the first drugs given to me to manage my pain...i have taken one pill as i don't want to risk addiction/death using this drug...
It may be as addictive but I do not think it is as dangerous to your health, I am glad you are doing better though :)
former doser

Cornelia, GA

#9 Dec 22, 2009
I started going to the methadone clinic, b/c i had a pain pill issue. I went there and got hooked on a very low dose I mean 11 dollars a day times 30 is 330.00 a month I couldnt afford it anymore, I went 9 days sick before my parents checked me into a detox program, they told me methadone is not alternative its just a fix to keep the crime down like in big citys. I WILL SAY THAT ALL THE PPL THERE IN BVILLE WERE GOOD TO ME AND NOT BAD PPL. I felt out of place with all the other ppl always talkn in the parking lot on how to lie and get a higher dose and what a not, I couldnt get a job b/c I was on methadone treatment. I mean it is what it is. I have been clean for 10 months after leaving methadone treatement. It started out a old friend a xfriend now giving me a loratab in the morning b4 work to give me energy to work and you can figure out the rest no different then getting addicted to ciggeretes. But then again b4 some smartass starts bashing me NO1 PUT A GUN TO MY HEAD TO TAKE THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE.
your name here

Commerce, GA

#10 Dec 22, 2009
Ghost of Christmas past wrote:
Are you freakin serious?????? Have you been hiding under a rock? Yes we have a huge drug problem in Blairsville.
Ghost of Christmas past

Texarkana, TX

#11 Dec 23, 2009
your name here wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you freakin serious?????? Have you been hiding under a rock? Yes we have a huge drug problem in Blairsville.
I would like to know the reason why.
needlepoker

Commerce, GA

#12 Dec 23, 2009
where is the clinic in bville?
Sad

Hahira, GA

#13 Dec 23, 2009
Give them astraight shot of heroin and be done with it most of them will stay on Meth anyway. Save the taxpayers money in the end.

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#14 Dec 23, 2009
stop it

Jefferson, GA

#15 Dec 23, 2009
Sad wrote:
Give them astraight shot of heroin and be done with it most of them will stay on Meth anyway. Save the taxpayers money in the end.
how nice of you to feel that way. im guessing you have been blessed enough to not have a family member get addicted to this stuff. if you did, i doubt you would be so quick to just sweep it under the rug. many people recover from this addiction because of these facilities.
yrmksairharrbear pk

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Dec 23, 2009
Meth clinics pop up in rural communities a lot. They are money makers, not there for the health of the addict one bit. They will give you daily doses for cash payment, insurance not accepted. They aim is not to ween you off drugs but keep you buying theirs.

Name me one instance where a meth clinic went reported a doctor or clinic that was over supplying them with pills or one heroin dealer that was named in exchange for getting this treatment.
the lulu

Commerce, GA

#18 Dec 23, 2009
Educate Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>It may be as addictive but I do not think it is as dangerous to your health, I am glad you are doing better though :)
maybe you should read the warnings associated with methadone...respiratory failure/death...that sounds pretty danged seious to my health...don't know about yours...
Adiicts are in Denial

Jefferson, GA

#19 Dec 23, 2009
You are in denial, they are all dangerous, but methadone is to get you off the most dangerous drugs. You do not want help and it sounds like you are making excuses. Just like the people that are always gambling and say they just do it to relax, or some other excuse, IT IS CALLED DENIAL.
ihope

Alto, GA

#20 Dec 23, 2009
I pray taxpayer money is not part of this. Let evolution take it's course and if fools wan't to kill themselves on drugs I won't miss them. I am proud to say no family mamber of mine has ever had a problem with this and we are a large family. Perhaps it is genetics or perhaps how you are riased. It is not something that can happen to "anyone" son don't give me that crap.
Wahoo

Jefferson, GA

#21 Dec 23, 2009
ihope wrote:
I pray taxpayer money is not part of this. Let evolution take it's course and if fools wan't to kill themselves on drugs I won't miss them. I am proud to say no family mamber of mine has ever had a problem with this and we are a large family. Perhaps it is genetics or perhaps how you are riased. It is not something that can happen to "anyone" son don't give me that crap.
Glad you and your family are so f*@%ing perfect...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's so difficult about the 515/Walmart inter... 2 hr happy 13
massage parlor in Blue Ridge 9 hr Face blaster 2
Where's Timmy ? 12 hr MMAFIGHTER 33
County Govt. (Jul '15) Fri Cochise 29
Places for rent. Nov 16 Sam 18
I want potato salad Nov 16 Sam 7
headlights on when it is raining !!!!! Nov 14 Dont Be Ridiculous 11

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance