garbage

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2009

Who are you using and wat are you paying? I am tired of hauling bags to the dump and figure this is a great way to find the right service.
Trash PU

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Judged:

I use Joshua's Sanitation. They charge $25 a month. I have heard there are other companies that charge $15 or $20 though. Someone else might list them. Maybe I'll change companies if this is true.
My favorite

Gillsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Judged:

We have used Holbrooks Sanitation for quite some time. They do a wonderful job! They provide a container on wheels for us and it's only $23 per month.
Goats

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

garbage wrote:
Who are you using and wat are you paying? I am tired of hauling bags to the dump and figure this is a great way to find the right service.
Goats also do a wonderful job of eating garbage! Don't know how much they cost though - could be cheaper to go with a service. Not sure. You could put an ad in the paper or just comparison shop on the internet.
roosma

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Judged:

We have used Tony's Garbage Service for years. He charges $25.00 a month, but he will take almost anything you put out there, if by some chance Tony or one of this employees miss you, all you have to do is call him and he will come and pick it up immediately. Always great service!
manalive

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Judged:

Goats wrote:
<quoted text>
Goats also do a wonderful job of eating garbage! Don't know how much they cost though - could be cheaper to go with a service. Not sure. You could put an ad in the paper or just comparison shop on the internet.
HAHAHAHA..........LOVE IT!!!
the AOL twins

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Judged:

roosma wrote:
We have used Tony's Garbage Service for years. He charges $25.00 a month, but he will take almost anything you put out there, if by some chance Tony or one of this employees miss you, all you have to do is call him and he will come and pick it up immediately. Always great service!
Will they pick up GA Peach and meow? I'll hire them in a nano-second!
No to Holbrook

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Judged:

Holbrook doesn't show up half the time, is always late, and will miss holidays and not make up the day, truck is always breaking down
we went three weeks without service because of "personal problems"
all this without notifying his customers
when you call they don't answer the phone.
bad company

Tony's and Josh's are good.
Not true

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Judged:

No to Holbrook wrote:
Holbrook doesn't show up half the time, is always late, and will miss holidays and not make up the day, truck is always breaking down
we went three weeks without service because of "personal problems"
all this without notifying his customers
when you call they don't answer the phone.
bad company
Tony's and Josh's are good.
he hasn't missed a holiday in all his life! He takes off every holiday! What're you saying??
zad

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Judged:

we use tony's. think he gives us a discount rate for paying 6 months at a time, instead of paying monthly. he has never missed a pick up, and has always taken everything we've put out. great service
lola

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2009

Judged:

Joshua's is great. Always on time. Never misses a day. Will take extra stuff like an old grill for a very small extra charge. Also, they always answer their phone unlike the previous service we had.
Jasper

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2009

Judged:

Tony's is great, we have had them for years. They even come on holiday mondays when the dump is closed.
Latisha

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2009

Judged:

I use Radars and he is $20.00 a month
Not Perfect

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2009

Judged:

We have used Holbrooks for years and he has always been there the day he is scheduled. If it falls on a holdiay, he always calls and asks if it is ok for him to pick up the next day. I finally told him not to call, just come the next day. I guess we get better service from him than the complainer above.

Just a question, what was Roosma meaning about "if they miss you all you have to do is call them"? Holbrooks provides us with a wonderful large plastic trash can with a heavy attached top. We just put it out and he picks up the trash. He has never "MISSED" us.
roosma

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2009

Judged:

Hi, NOT PERFECT, what I meant was that Tony has a
couple of trucks and only once or twice in all the years we have had has a pickup been missed and it usually was a new driver, which I guess all of us have made a mistake when we first started a job, so we called Tony at home and he came out and got it. Sorry if I confused you. I am happy you are satisfied with Holbrooks and hope you will be glad for us using Tony. I have never heard of Holbrooks, what towns does he service. Take care and have a great weekend
MS MS

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2009

Judged:

I utilize Tony's and have for several years. They service on the appointed day regardless of holidays. I have found them to be reliable but messy. I often must clean-up after their weekly service.
I lived in Mississippi prior to Blairsville. Water, sewer, trash and garbage service were provided by the city. In MS my monthly bill for the combined services was $37 per month. I am thankful to have city water and sewer in Blairsville as well as garbage service but the combined total excluding trash removal is around $100 per month.
When I have trash it must be taken to the county dump and additional charges are incurred.
another day

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2009

Judged:

have used holbrooks and they like to hold checks for months at a time... money in the bank but no good for others
..go with tonys
GA Peach

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2009

Judged:

Holbrooks is not dependable. He doesn't pick up on scheduled days, promises containers and doesn't come through. He won't pick up on days the dump is closed and doesn't make up the day.
Yes, holds checks forever, doesn't bill regularly, and has no clue about maintaining the books. Josh's and Tony's are great companies.
Truth or Fiction

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2009

Judged:

GA Peach wrote:
Holbrooks is not dependable. He doesn't pick up on scheduled days, promises containers and doesn't come through. He won't pick up on days the dump is closed and doesn't make up the day.
Yes, holds checks forever, doesn't bill regularly, and has no clue about maintaining the books. Josh's and Tony's are great companies.
Joshua's Sanitation doesn't send out bills either. Does any of them? Unless you are late, then they send one with late charges added. They always come though. Even when the dump is closed.
love my garbage man

Williston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2009

Judged:

i have been using holbrooks since they started several years ago. they have always been professional but personal also. he has picked up things that i know he probably shouldn't but he did and i appreciated it. as far as "personal problems" goes, i would say it is hard to pick up trash the day after you have a heart attack! i mean come on ppl. he is not a robot, things do happen. i have gone through many garbage pickup companies and holbrooks is by far the best. there have been times that i have missed paying each month because of my own personal problems and they understood that these types of things happen just like you should too. WOW IT MUST BE SO GREAT TO BE SO PERFECT EVERY DAY OF YOUR LIFE THAT YOU CAN GO AROUND BASHING OTHER PEOPLES LIVELY HOOD SHAME ON YOU!!! I SUPPOSE YOU NEVER GET SICK AND YOUR VEHICLES NEVER BREAKDOWN EITHER RIGHT??
what a hateful group of ppl!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Blairsville Forum right now

Search the Blairsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr jeb stuart 49,602
Nudist colony in Union County ? 1 hr Bud 6
Common Sense Is Not Common 1 hr ACOG 2
Sketchy preschool lottery 2 hr kids 3
Are YOU ready to lose the middle age Bulge 3 hr Marilyn 4
Local banks in Blairsville 4 hr In the know 45
Dogs riding in Walmart GROCERY Shopping Carts 8 hr Go Blue Forever 25
Joe Ross 11 hr Billy Goat 2
Bank Closing 13 hr Average 9
Our New Sheriffs Dept (Jan '13) Wed Cuzs Cuz 897
•••
•••

Blairsville News Video