Innocent Man's Life Destroyed by Anon...

Innocent Man's Life Destroyed by Anonymous Topix Poster - ABC News

There are 971 comments on the abcnews.go.com story from Mar 26, 2012, titled Innocent Man's Life Destroyed by Anonymous Topix Poster - ABC News. In it, abcnews.go.com reports that:

Stookey went to work but discovered unmasking anonymous Internet posters wasn't easy. Then he learned of the one key piece of information he needed: the Internet Protocol (IP) address, a unique fingerprint left by every device that accesses the Internet.

"Once you get the IP address, you can go to your telephone companies and say, 'Give me the telephone number it comes back to, along with the name and address of the person who owns that telephone number,'" Stookey said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at abcnews.go.com.

First Prev
of 49
Next Last
HAHA

Houston, TX

#1799 Jun 28, 2013
GASP wrote:
<quoted text>
So she must be closely related to Trigger then.
The family resemblance is amazing. Haha!
-Cryogenic Drinkie-

Aurora, CO

#1801 Jun 28, 2013
somebody_talked wrote:
<quoted text>Save me a bar stool I am on the way buddy
Will do pal. I got the good stuff this time, as in not the cheapest. HAHAHA

GtarMan

Since: Mar 13

Parkersburg, WV

#1805 Jun 28, 2013
Uh no I didn't

But you did

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#1806 Jun 28, 2013
GtarMan wrote:
Uh no I didn't
But you did
YO.. No more mod threads??

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#1808 Jun 28, 2013
_Ill Bill_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not any even ones. Only the odd ones like 21 have one they read and respond on.
Cool.. Got a link??

Van Halen - Jump (HQ music video)

Eagle
Endcyberbullying now

Pineville, WV

#1809 Jun 28, 2013
http://www.change.org/petitions/end-or-reform...

Here is a petition to reform or end Topix abuse. The effect cyberbullying has had on our society has not been a good one. There have been many cases where people have ended up with mental health issues and even attempted suicide over it. It needs reformed or stopped. One would hope Topix would have the decency to police itself better, step up, and be an example in the online community and reform itself without the need for a petition or legal action. It would be the right thing to do.

http://www.cyberbullyhotline.com/07-10-12-sco...

http://www.health.am/psy/more/cyber-bullying-...
Kevin Started It

United States

#1815 Jul 2, 2013
:)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ted

Charlottesville, VA

#1816 Jul 3, 2013
X2CNikki wrote:
<quoted text>U Go Girl--- About Time Someone Puts All These PPL In There Place... I'm So Sick And Tired Of Ppl Getting On Here And Hiding Behind Their Computers And Running Their Mouths About Things They Don't Even Kn. I'm Glad U R Doing Something About It... I Hope U Win It All, U Deserve It Honey... Goodluck With Ur Case....:)
You are completely lost unless your real name was used and you are slandered in some way. You will just be P***i** in the wind.
Tim

Charlottesville, VA

#1817 Jul 14, 2013
horserider wrote:
I would like to know how you track a ip address any information would be helpful
Get a warrant.
Ted

Charlottesville, VA

#1818 Jul 14, 2013
Sticky NIKKI hides behind her computer name too.
question question

AOL

#1819 Dec 16, 2013
This is just like what that North Georgia Newspaper Editor Norman Cooper did. He posted under so many names and called that mountain man a sex offender. Its a shame that man quit his fight in court. I understand he proved Mr Cooper did it but he should have fought for the money. Now Mr Cooper is targeting that man again and just because he is printing the truth about things. Such a shame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 49
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our towns food is terrible 6 hr tellico 67
The Cowboy Store 8 hr tellico 11
Its okay to be Gay in Blairsville (Jun '09) 9 hr Lindsey Graham 207
Pros and Cons of coming out as a gay person (Jan '14) 9 hr Lindsey Graham 103
Cheaters (Jul '15) 9 hr Bill Clinton 33
Hillary Clinton for President ! 12 hr Ed Anger 26
John F Kennedy Mon tellico 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages