citizen

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Aug 18, 2013
Why can't the new face lift for the square take place at night?It would help with traffic issues and business' would NOT be losing money..
Jerry

Dawsonville, GA

#2 Aug 18, 2013
I have not bought anything on the square in 5-8 years! Even then it was a pizza! What is to shop for on the square? Rogers food store has closed! lol
Straight talk

Atlanta, GA

#3 Aug 18, 2013
citizen wrote:
Why can't the new face lift for the square take place at night?It would help with traffic issues and business' would NOT be losing money..
Suck it up, buttercup. It'll be over before you know it.
square this

Blairsville, GA

#4 Aug 18, 2013
Traffic? There isn't any "traffic" in blairsville. What? 20 cars is traffic and in this town that's a traffic jam. Geez.
neighbor

Carnesville, GA

#5 Aug 19, 2013
Straight talk wrote:
<quoted text>
Suck it up, buttercup. It'll be over before you know it.
That is certainly the attitude of City Hall. They think they own Blairsville and to hell with the people. Hopefully that will change when Conley is gone and the useless council is replaced.
Just a thought

Carnesville, GA

#6 Aug 19, 2013
Isn't the square something else? A half million dollars for a brick sidewalk. We have some real brains at work in this town. Can you imagine what could have been done with that money? Can you imagine what could be done with the 100 Grand or so that is wasted on the DDA every year. All they have done with all the money that has been given to them is get a few building painted and the owners had to pay for that.
well

Dahlonega, GA

#7 Aug 19, 2013
Looks like a mess to me. Today the hispanic workers had parked a piece of equipment so that people coming from 129s couldn't see traffic coming around the square.
True true true

Blairsville, GA

#8 Aug 19, 2013
They ain't hispanic they are mexican. Yep, the contractor who got the bid has mexican laborers. That's why it is better to go with a local company and keep our money here. Bet those mexicans aren't legal, either. I could care less but y'all bitch about bidding out contracts. I say give the work to UC men.

Why in the hell don't you go around the square like anyone with a brain would do? It is so easy to cut around and avoid the square, but, no, let's drive through a construction zone and bitch.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#10 Aug 19, 2013
SPLOST is a big part of the cities money too!

Part of Lamar's SPLOST lies to the community

The tax payers telling Lamar this: It's time for the County to pull in and tighten up cause times are hard and not spend money but save money and not be a burden on the taxpayers.

Lamar's answer: My statement to you is in the time in need like this is time when the government NEEDS to step up and TRY and HELP and TRY to PUT PEOPLE to WORK and TRY NOT TO WASTE TAXPAYERS MONEY and SPEND THER MONEY as WISELY AS WE CAN to CREATE AS MANY JOBS AS WE CAN TO TRY and HELP THE LOCAL CONTRACTORS in OUR COUNTY.
That's what we are trying to do with our SPLOST.

There hasn't been much trying on the part of the County or City in getting jobs for the local contractors.....just ask them. Only the cronies get the county jobs.
citizen

Dawsonville, GA

#11 Aug 19, 2013
True true true wrote:
They ain't hispanic they are mexican. Yep, the contractor who got the bid has mexican laborers. That's why it is better to go with a local company and keep our money here. Bet those mexicans aren't legal, either. I could care less but y'all bitch about bidding out contracts. I say give the work to UC men.
Why in the hell don't you go around the square like anyone with a brain would do? It is so easy to cut around and avoid the square, but, no, let's drive through a construction zone and bitch.
I happen to take my business to shops/business' located around the square..I take advantage of Monday madness,and while that's cooking,there is this little clothing shop that has the cutest little thangs...
Billy

Dahlonega, GA

#12 Aug 19, 2013
ACOG wrote:
SPLOST is a big part of the cities money too!
Part of Lamar's SPLOST lies to the community
The tax payers telling Lamar this: It's time for the County to pull in and tighten up cause times are hard and not spend money but save money and not be a burden on the taxpayers.
Lamar's answer: My statement to you is in the time in need like this is time when the government NEEDS to step up and TRY and HELP and TRY to PUT PEOPLE to WORK and TRY NOT TO WASTE TAXPAYERS MONEY and SPEND THER MONEY as WISELY AS WE CAN to CREATE AS MANY JOBS AS WE CAN TO TRY and HELP THE LOCAL CONTRACTORS in OUR COUNTY.
That's what we are trying to do with our SPLOST.
There hasn't been much trying on the part of the County or City in getting jobs for the local contractors.....just ask them. Only the cronies get the county jobs.
. Yes like Ricky Rich

Location hidden

#13 Aug 20, 2013
3/10/11 North GA News Q/A Lamar Paris:

Q. "Isn't it dangerous and ripe for cronyism and kickbacks if we do not bid the project"

A. ABSOLUTELY NOT. First, most projects ARE bid out, JUST TO DIFFERENT STANDARDS based on OUR COUNTY policy. This helps assure that we have the maximum opportunity to hire local people. Otherwise, state procurement policy is very similar to our own policy except that instead of being able to ask three local companies to submit an RFP or bid, state policy(over$100,000) requires that the project be advertised all over the state. All projects then require performance and bid bonds and insurance, most which small and local contactors are unable to provide, even though their work product may compare to anyone.
Jerry

Dawsonville, GA

#14 Aug 20, 2013
AMEN! And he gets all the work for private subdivisions who Lamar wants their support!
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>. Yes like Ricky Rich

Location hidden

#15 Aug 20, 2013
Jerry wrote:
AMEN! And he gets all the work for private subdivisions who Lamar wants their support!
<quoted text>
Lamar is very underhanded and does things that are illegal. He will get caught. It's just a matter of time.
Don

Dahlonega, GA

#16 Aug 20, 2013
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
. Yea old R.R has always been good at sucking ass.
Don

Dahlonega, GA

#17 Aug 20, 2013
I would not let R Rich do any work for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new coffee shop on the square 7 hr Sick Man Freud 72
Jenny Craig 12 hr Marie Osmond 7
Republicans-AntiChristian 12 hr Veritas 93
galaxy bowling center 14 hr Vern 37
places to rent 20 hr Betty Bopster 7
A simple question for Mr.Henson EMC board of d... 23 hr Tom 18
Florida disgusts me Sat The Mountains Noise 3
More from around the web

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE