Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#61 Oct 26, 2012
ACOG wrote:
The Union County Development Authority also applied for a ARC Grant for the road going to the Spec Buildings.
This is interesting. This is there appication.
ROAD CONSTRUCTION $151,770
Infrastruction Improvements
Sewer, Water, Drainage $68,550
SITE PREPARATION $142,800
Planning and Engineering $3,500
Land Acquistion $71,400
UCDA Pro Rata of water and sewer $104,450
Total Project $542,470
Funding Sources & Funding Need
In addition to the Development Authority's request for $151,770 in ARC funds, the UCDA has commited to provide $390,700 in local project funding.(see attached letters of commitment)
**********
Where is the UCDA going to get $390,700?
Site Preparation $142,800 This raises a question.
In Nov. of 2000 in the NGN Panter Construction was awarded the contract to grade the sites on the Blairsville Airport Regional Industrial Park. The bid was for $1,346,443.85.
In the bid proposals for the Spec Buildings it says: Exisiting site is "PAD READY" and only some minor stripping of topsoil will be preformed.
Why was another $142,800 needed for site Preparation when over a million dollars was spent getting them ready?
Where is YOUR MONEY GOING????
By the way SPLOST 3 money was also used already on this road.
www.cleanandopen.org
unioncountytipline@gmail.com
Union County received the $151,770 ARC Grant in FY2011.
In FY 2010 Union County Received an ARC Grant in the amount of $100,000 for the cannery project showing an estimated total cost of $270,735.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#62 Oct 26, 2012
The total cost in the county doing Ivy Log Drive in Dick Bells Development was $158,820.72.

Ivy Log Drive is a mile long so how did UCDA come up with $151,770 to do the Spec Building Road?

Where is all the money going and how is it being spent in Union County?

www.cleanandopen.org

unioncountytipline@gmail.com
Amos_1

Dahlonega, GA

#63 Oct 26, 2012
ACOG wrote:
The County received a Georgia Equity Loan in the amount of $484,010 on Oct. 31, 2011
There was three bids for the Spec Buildings.
Winkler & Winkler, Inc $430,459.57
Rollings Construction Co.$484,000.80
Tomco Construction Company $787,400.00
In the application for Payment from Winkler & Winkler
It says: Original Contact Sum $507,006.00
somewhere another $76,547 was added
The money for the One Georgia Equity Loan was deposited into the Development Authority's banking account.
The bills for Winkler & Winkler were paid out of the Counties money.
Did the Development Authority pay the money back to the county?
I don't know that answer. The DA charged the ACOG $25.96 just to get a copy of the bank statement.
The ACOG asked to "VIEW" the documents for the Appalachian Regional Commission grant funds and deposits and to view the minutes of Union County Board of Directors meetings for years 2011 and 2012.
To get this information the DA was going to charge between $237.50 and $387.50.
The DA and the Commissioner add this large fees so we can not find out what is going on.
All this should be available to the public. THIS IS OUR MONEY, DON'T YOU WANT TO KNOW WHERE AND TO WHOM IT GOES AND HOW MUCH??????
www.cleanandopen.org
unioncountytipline@gmail.com


"The money for the One Georgia Equity Loan was deposited into the Development Authority's banking account.
The bills for Winkler & Winkler were paid out of the Counties money."

"Did the Development Authority pay the money back to the county?"

A better question might be, "Did the DA and Lamar both pay Winkler and Winkler for a double payment?"

Amos_1

Dahlonega, GA

#64 Oct 26, 2012
ACOG wrote:
The Union County Development Authority also applied for a ARC Grant for the road going to the Spec Buildings.
This is interesting. This is there appication.
ROAD CONSTRUCTION $151,770
Infrastruction Improvements
Sewer, Water, Drainage $68,550
SITE PREPARATION $142,800
Planning and Engineering $3,500
Land Acquistion $71,400
UCDA Pro Rata of water and sewer $104,450
Total Project $542,470
Funding Sources & Funding Need
In addition to the Development Authority's request for $151,770 in ARC funds, the UCDA has commited to provide $390,700 in local project funding.(see attached letters of commitment)
**********
Where is the UCDA going to get $390,700?
Site Preparation $142,800 This raises a question.
In Nov. of 2000 in the NGN Panter Construction was awarded the contract to grade the sites on the Blairsville Airport Regional Industrial Park. The bid was for $1,346,443.85.
In the bid proposals for the Spec Buildings it says: Exisiting site is "PAD READY" and only some minor stripping of topsoil will be preformed.
Why was another $142,800 needed for site Preparation when over a million dollars was spent getting them ready?
Where is YOUR MONEY GOING????
By the way SPLOST 3 money was also used already on this road.
www.cleanandopen.org
unioncountytipline@gmail.com


"ROAD CONSTRUCTION $151,770"

If anyone has been out there they would recognize the road is a short driveway with a lite covering of gravel. No ditches, just a bumpy driveway..........

The site was already leveled from previous grading and compacted down, no need to improve the natural drive way to the site.......

No way would that cost $151,770.........

John

Dawsonville, GA

#65 Oct 26, 2012
Lamar and Dick are buddies .

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#66 Oct 26, 2012
John wrote:
Lamar and Dick are buddies .
My hearing isn't so good today. Did you say Lamar is a grub worm wearing a turtle neck?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#67 Oct 26, 2012
John wrote:
Lamar and Dick are buddies .
No kidding. Go to the website www.cleanandopen.org

Starting with Lamar abuse of county roads. Check out the video.

Guess who gets to pay for the roads and bridges?

www.cleanandopen.org

unioncountytipline@gmail.com
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#68 Oct 26, 2012
question wrote:
Did you fire station go out for bids?
No, they ordered in.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#69 Oct 26, 2012
Insofar as the fire station modification/construction, NGN reported in late August that a preproposal meeting would be held with qualified contractors on the construction project. Don't know if that took place or not.
Commissioner stated that this is a SPLOST Project with funding available to begin work on this site.
Based on this I would suggest that a FEMA SCG Grant is or will be pursued to supplement SPLOST funds to build the fire station.
It also appears that the County has a FEMA AFG Grant for new firefighting equipment.
GOP

Dawsonville, GA

#70 Oct 26, 2012
Challenger99 wrote:
Insofar as the fire station modification/construction, NGN reported in late August that a preproposal meeting would be held with qualified contractors on the construction project. Don't know if that took place or not.
Commissioner stated that this is a SPLOST Project with funding available to begin work on this site.
Based on this I would suggest that a FEMA SCG Grant is or will be pursued to supplement SPLOST funds to build the fire station.
It also appears that the County has a FEMA AFG Grant for new firefighting equipment.
Absolutely. Much too complicated for the average misfit to comprehend, isn't it?
Troll Man

Murphy, NC

#71 Oct 26, 2012
Learn Your Addition wrote:
Some of you "misfits" or whatever you call yourselves are just plain stupid. You got called out by Trolling Man, plain and simple. As he or she points out, even if the BHR project cost $1 million and the county pitched in 1/3, then that doesn't add up to the $800 amount AGGOG is saying. As for using the grant money somewhere else, it can't be done. Grants are gotten for specific purposes. Damn there is some stupidity on Topix.
That's hilarious! I must have missed your post the first time around. I don't really think I "called out" anyone, but ACOG still has not admitted that she's wrong about her figures. She posted earlier that the project had cost the county $800,000 - however this figure is deceptive because it doesn't factor in the grants received for the project. Later, she does post that the county got two grants totaling $225,000 for the project, but I think you'll find that she's still missing a GDOT grant and a few others. But she's not going to point that out to you. It seems her sole purpose is to present damning information just because she has a vendetta against this Paris fellow. As for the BHR project, I myself find its worth somewhat dubious, but then again, the voters did approve the project as part of the SPLOST package.
king kong

Dawsonville, GA

#72 Oct 26, 2012
Troll Man wrote:
<quoted text>
That's hilarious! I must have missed your post the first time around. I don't really think I "called out" anyone, but ACOG still has not admitted that she's wrong about her figures. She posted earlier that the project had cost the county $800,000 - however this figure is deceptive because it doesn't factor in the grants received for the project. Later, she does post that the county got two grants totaling $225,000 for the project, but I think you'll find that she's still missing a GDOT grant and a few others. But she's not going to point that out to you. It seems her sole purpose is to present damning information just because she has a vendetta against this Paris fellow. As for the BHR project, I myself find its worth somewhat dubious, but then again, the voters did approve the project as part of the SPLOST package.
You are so quick to judge the ORR that obtained some far back as two years ago. Can't afford to keep going back on a weekly bases.

The Grants I had were right off Lamars list of Grants.

What you should be concerned with is Lamars documents.

You have a ORR asking directly what the cost of the SPLOST 3 finished project for the Community Center. Lamar gives $688,085.52.

The Audit says $471,174 for this project.

What you fail to see "YES" people did vote on the SPLOST.

But they voted for a 3.5 million dollar Community Center "NOT" a 9 million dollar building

They voted for a $150,000 horse arena improvements "NOT" $750,000
covered arena

They voted for $150,000 Suches Community Center "NOT" a $425,000 gym

The list goes on and on with the lies and deceiving that goes on in Union County Government.

The SPLOST has given him a free pass on spending and wasting the tax payers money for his glory and lining the pockets of cronies.

www.cleanandopen.org

unioncountytipline@gmail.com
Nobody

Jefferson, GA

#73 Oct 26, 2012
king kong wrote:
<quoted text>You are so quick to judge the ORR that obtained some far back as two years ago. Can't afford to keep going back on a weekly bases.

The Grants I had were right off Lamars list of Grants.

What you should be concerned with is Lamars documents.

You have a ORR asking directly what the cost of the SPLOST 3 finished project for the Community Center. Lamar gives $688,085.52.

The Audit says $471,174 for this project.

What you fail to see "YES" people did vote on the SPLOST.

But they voted for a 3.5 million dollar Community Center "NOT" a 9 million dollar building

They voted for a $150,000 horse arena improvements "NOT" $750,000
covered arena

They voted for $150,000 Suches Community Center "NOT" a $425,000 gym

The list goes on and on with the lies and deceiving that goes on in Union County Government.

The SPLOST has given him a free pass on spending and wasting the tax payers money for his glory and lining the pockets of cronies.

www.cleanandopen.org

unioncountytipline@gmail.com
These are facts the unfits don't want to think about.
Troll Man

Murphy, NC

#74 Oct 27, 2012
king kong wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so quick to judge the ORR that obtained some far back as two years ago. Can't afford to keep going back on a weekly bases.
The Grants I had were right off Lamars list of Grants.
What you should be concerned with is Lamars documents.
You have a ORR asking directly what the cost of the SPLOST 3 finished project for the Community Center. Lamar gives $688,085.52.
The Audit says $471,174 for this project.
What you fail to see "YES" people did vote on the SPLOST.
But they voted for a 3.5 million dollar Community Center "NOT" a 9 million dollar building
They voted for a $150,000 horse arena improvements "NOT" $750,000
covered arena
They voted for $150,000 Suches Community Center "NOT" a $425,000 gym
The list goes on and on with the lies and deceiving that goes on in Union County Government.
The SPLOST has given him a free pass on spending and wasting the tax payers money for his glory and lining the pockets of cronies.
www.cleanandopen.org
unioncountytipline@gmail.com
My issue is with your distortion of the facts. First you say the project cost the county $800,000. Now, above, you say that the "Audit says $471,174 for this project."

How can we believe anything you post, ACOG? Where is your credibility?

Oh, and by the way, you just got busted using one of your many, no doubt, sock puppets. Good one "King Kong." Perhaps you shouldn't post at midnight.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#75 Oct 27, 2012
Troll Man wrote:
<quoted text>
How can we believe anything you post, ACOG?
Where is your credibility?
Oh, and by the way, you just got busted using one of your many, no doubt, sock puppets. Good one "King Kong." Perhaps you shouldn't post at midnight.
Why would someone use a sock puppet?

Some see the need
to manufacture an illusion,
an aide in the marketing of The Truth.

While others insist
their hands are cold.

Fair and Balanced
we report,
you decide.
Nobody

United States

#76 Oct 27, 2012
Troll Man wrote:
<quoted text>My issue is with your distortion of the facts. First you say the project cost the county $800,000. Now, above, you say that the "Audit says $471,174 for this project."

How can we believe anything you post, ACOG? Where is your credibility?

Oh, and by the way, you just got busted using one of your many, no doubt, sock puppets. Good one "King Kong." Perhaps you shouldn't post at midnight.
But you'll believe Lamar who never gets one number the same?
Amos_1

Dahlonega, GA

#77 Oct 27, 2012
Troll Man wrote:
<quoted text>
My issue is with your distortion of the facts. First you say the project cost the county $800,000. Now, above, you say that the "Audit says $471,174 for this project."
How can we believe anything you post, ACOG? Where is your credibility?
Oh, and by the way, you just got busted using one of your many, no doubt, sock puppets. Good one "King Kong." Perhaps you shouldn't post at midnight.


AGOG's numbers only reflect Lamar's numbers........
Lamar keeps changing so AGOG has no choice but to change hers as well.

youse got a problem with numbers take it up with Lamar and Oh my, and see what kind of answer youse gets........

One cant add and the other cant divide, both cant count toes or fingers........

Troll Man

Murphy, NC

#78 Oct 27, 2012
Amos_1 wrote:
<quoted text>
AGOG's numbers only reflect Lamar's numbers........
Lamar keeps changing so AGOG has no choice but to change hers as well.
youse got a problem with numbers take it up with Lamar and Oh my, and see what kind of answer youse gets........
One cant add and the other cant divide, both cant count toes or fingers........
Typical Misfit excuse.

Come on guys, you know you got caught lying about the numbers. Or maybe you got caught showing your ignorance of accounting. You should know how this works, there are inflows as well as outflows, and in this case there were several grants to subtract from what was spent on the project.

But telling the whole truth or putting something into perspective isn't your agenda. Pulling scary looking figures and posting it on Topix in order to make your adversary Paris look bad does.

So how many of these "ORR documents" ACOG has posted on the web been deceptive? How many figures and documents have contorted and stretched the truth? Have any been pure out and out lies?

It's sad that there are people like these Misfits who claim that they are here to help Union County.(And it's sadder that some claim to do so in the name of God.)

It appears they are really here to distort the truth and "spin" subjects the way they want them to appear. And all because of some silly little vendettas.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#79 Oct 27, 2012
Troll Man wrote:
<quoted text>
My issue is with your distortion of the facts. First you say the project cost the county $800,000. Now, above, you say that the "Audit says $471,174 for this project."
How can we believe anything you post, ACOG? Where is your credibility?
Oh, and by the way, you just got busted using one of your many, no doubt, sock puppets. Good one "King Kong." Perhaps you shouldn't post at midnight.
Her credibility comes from documents collected directly from the commissioners office. Your credibility comes from what you pull from you azz.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#80 Oct 27, 2012
Troll Man wrote:
<quoted text>
My issue is with your distortion of the facts. First you say the project cost the county $800,000. Now, above, you say that the "Audit says $471,174 for this project."
How can we believe anything you post, ACOG? Where is your credibility?
Oh, and by the way, you just got busted using one of your many, no doubt, sock puppets. Good one "King Kong." Perhaps you shouldn't post at midnight.
Troll man are you drinking again?

What does the $800,000 have to do with the $471,174 amount.

The $800,000 has to do with the Bryron H. Reece Building. When I looked up the documents over $800,000 was spent at that time. No where in the TOPIX report did I mention where the money came from to pay for these projects.

The $471,174 is the amount under the 2011 audit report under SPLOST that shows it being spent on the Community Center.

In a ORR Lamar said that they spent $688,085.52 out of SPLOST 3 for the Community Center.

The only one twisting the facts is "YOU"

Are you getting paid over time this week end to keep twisting the facts? Maybe your taxes lowered? Maybe a road paved? Maybe a job that Lamar slips by without a bid?
www.cleanandopen.org

unioncountytipline@gmail.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
retiring to blairsville 1 hr local 2 66
2nillion dollar budget hike 2 hr Barry Obama 9
sunday sales 3 hr Aldo Cella 55
The Family Proclamation to the World 17 hr The American Dream 4
Spotted Union County Vehicle With No County Dec... Mon My Two Sense 18
Buying used cars Mon Worried 1
Our New Sheriffs Dept (Jan '13) Mon Surlee Yew Jest 1,034
More from around the web

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages