Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#81 Feb 3, 2013
Its been a while wrote:
<quoted text>You have got to be the big headed idiot everyone keeps talking about? Did you make it to broadway yet?
Yep, over a year ago the Wife bought tickets to "The Book of Mormon", and we saw that - a great show - you ought to check it out when the traveling show comes to Atlanta.
The next evening we saw "Annie" - it was good but not in the same class as the Book of Mormon.

Thanks for asking.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

#82 Feb 3, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post - Good points.
I think we can agree to intensive background checks prior to taking possession of firearms, and to strict liability for any firearm owner whose firearm is used to illegally harm another.
Or something close to that ?
Boring.
No.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#83 Feb 3, 2013
Zoltar wrote:
<quoted text>Huh? What? Beg your pardon. Excuse me.

What the hell are you saying and who are you talking to?

I hope you don't acutally own any weapons.
Zoltar - if you need to hide out for a while, there's a spare bedroom at out cabin. Just tell my Dad it's OK and give him the secret password. When he says "Monte Cristo" - you say "Churchill".
Its been a while

Panama City, FL

#84 Feb 3, 2013
Zoltar wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? What? Beg your pardon. Excuse me.
What the hell are you saying and who are you talking to?
I hope you don't acutally own any weapons.
Shut up.lol haha
Zoltar

Dawsonville, GA

#85 Feb 4, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Zoltar - if you need to hide out for a while, there's a spare bedroom at out cabin. Just tell my Dad it's OK and give him the secret password. When he says "Monte Cristo" - you say "Churchill".
Because I have upset some people on this forum such as Timmy who said I was vulgar for using the word "pee" in a post, I decided to accept your generous offer.

I finally found your cabin and preceeded up the sttep drive and found a level place to park. As I stepped down from my truck, I was immediately met by a large, growking dog.(You didn't tell me your dad has a dog the size of a small horse) The dog placed his paws on my shoulders barking and growling into my face. All the while he slobbered down the front of my jacket. After what seemed an eterity, your dad came out of the cabin and yelled, "Get down Sugar Bear!"
Sugar Bear? He was carrying a rifle with which he fired off two rounds shattering both headlights in my Dodge Ram Hemi powered 4X4. At the same time he was trying to kill my pickup, I noticed his vehicle, an olive drab Honda Prius which had been modified and fitted with a pickup bed. At the very least, I knew I was at the right cabin and was gazing upon Informed Opinion Sr. He yelled "Mnte Cristo!". I yelled, "Churchill!", per your instructions. Your dad then fired another round barely missing my left ear. My voice cracking now, I yelled once again, "Churchill!!" to no avail. Finally he said, "Young fella, you ge yourself back into that gas guzzling pickup of yours and get the hell off this property!" I said "Churchill" once more as he shot off my right mirror.

Thanks a whole lot Informed. I trust you weren't setting me up as I would not think you would do something like that to poor, weak and frail little Zoltar.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#86 Feb 4, 2013
Zoltar wrote:
<quoted text>Because I have upset some ....

Thanks a whole lot Informed. I trust you weren't setting me up as I would not think you would do something like that to poor, weak and frail little Zoltar.
Damn man!

What a horrible experience.

Please let me set your mind at rest as to at least one thing. You were at someone else's cabin, one of those crazy coot's cabins I saw in South Carolina when I was trying to "rescue a maiden" from her Daddy's/Uncles'/Brothers'/Cous ins' cabin up in the woods behind the nuclear waste dump.

Look, I can prove it - ever since someone stole the firewood (I spent days cutting by the way), and Mom took a spill in the driveway, we have cameras outside and in the cabin, and you never showed.
I even checked the DVR and nope, no Zoltar. I know you have lots of talents, but invisibility can't be one - can it ?

We don't need any more security as the total value of the contents of the cabin don't exceed $128.62, and when we were burglarized they only took the firewood and left a note with the address for the Salvation Army on the kitchen table.

When you get to my cabin you'll find a big old "guard" dog who takes so much arthritis medicine he can barely walk - so he lays on the porch "guarding" the dog bowl from the critters wandering around. Last time he actually ran was in 2006, when Mom chased him when he stole her prize cinnamon buns from the kitchen counter. She armed herself with a broom a Red Ryder BB rifle. I thought she'd kill him for sure, but he lost her when he made it to the woods. She felt so bad later about he "UnChristian Conduct" she made him another batch of cinnamon buns just for that dog. We never got a one.

Dad was a tough guy before the War, WW II, the Big One, when Marines were Marines, when Paris Island made you or broke you and those damn Japs put two rounds in his shoulder. Why, we whippersnappers think we're tough, "Hollywood Marines", Sand Diego ?, you gotta be kidding me, what'd you do there, work on tour tan ?
Thankfully, at least one of his boys did boot camp at P.I.
Why, if he didn't need to use a cane, he and his buddies would take a week or two off and stop by that Middle East mess and straighten them folks out just like they did at Iwo.

I had to put his rifle in the gun safe at the office when I discovered he was teaching my kids to shoot by picking off soda cans from the back porch while eating donuts from Grinds and Glazes and drinking Coca-Cola.
The soda cans were placed, with care, on top of the nearby propane gas tank. He was unhappy saying "It won't explode explode - we don't miss - besides they're just .22's - don't be a wuss."

But, he's really an old softy. He loves company at the cabin, whenever I send repair people there, he gives them cigars and makes them listen to his stories. Just having the porch stained takes a week, it's 20 minutes staining - 2 hours listening to stories - 20 minutes staining.

The computer notes at the sheriff's office dispatch say to disregard reports of "disappearances" of workmen reported by at our cabin - it's just delays caused by cigars, bourbon, ice tea, and stories of "Back in the Day".

Now, Zoltar, I hate to ask, and no offense intended, but before you left for the cabin, did you maybe have a touch of that 'Ol Boy Moonshine ?, or maybe some if them there 'Shroons.

More than once, after a few bourbons,(when younger after tequila and hand-rolling a few in Mexico), during the night somebody replaced the superhot girl I picked up the night before with something that resembled an alien from the movie "Men in Black".

Have me nightmares too.

Just asking.
Windy

Dawsonville, GA

#87 Feb 4, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn man!
Please let me set your mind at rest as to at least one thing. You were at someone else's cabin, one of those crazy coot's cabins I saw in South Carolina when I was trying to "rescue a maiden" from her Daddy's/Uncles'/Brothers'/Cous ins' cabin up in the woods behind the nuclear waste dump.
Look, I can prove it - ever since someone stole the firewood (I spent days cutting by the way), and Mom took a spill in the driveway, we have cameras outside and in the cabin, and you never showed.
I even checked the DVR and nope, no Zoltar. I know you have lots of talents, but invisibility can't be one - can it ?
We don't need any more security as the total value of the contents of the cabin don't exceed $128.62, and when we were burglarized they only took the firewood and left a note with the address for the Salvation Army on the kitchen table.
When you get to my cabin you'll find a big old "guard" dog who takes so much arthritis medicine he can barely walk - so he lays on the porch "guarding" the dog bowl from the critters wandering around. Last time he actually ran was in 2006, when Mom chased him when he stole her prize cinnamon buns from the kitchen counter. She armed herself with a broom a Red Ryder BB rifle. I thought she'd kill him for sure, but he lost her when he made it to the woods. She felt so bad later about he "UnChristian Conduct" she made him another batch of cinnamon buns just for that dog. We never got a one.
Dad was a tough guy before the War, WW II, the Big One, when Marines were Marines, when Paris Island made you or broke you and those damn Japs put two rounds in his shoulder. Why, we whippersnappers think we're tough, "Hollywood Marines", Sand Diego ?, you gotta be kidding me, what'd you do there, work on tour tan ?
Why, if he didn't need to use a cane, he and his buddies would take a week or two off and stop by that Middle East mess and straighten them folks out just like they did at Iwo.
I had to put his rifle in the gun safe at the office when I discovered he was teaching my kids to shoot by picking off soda cans from the back porch while eating donuts from Grinds and Glazes and drinking Coca-Cola.
The soda cans were placed, with care, on top of the nearby propane gas tank. He was unhappy saying "It won't explode explode - we don't miss - besides they're just .22's - don't be a wuss."
But, he's really an old softy. He loves company at the cabin, whenever I send repair people there, he gives them cigars and makes them listen to his stories. Just having the porch stained takes a week, it's 20 minutes staining - 2 hours listening to stories - 20 minutes staining.
The computer notes at the sheriff's office dispatch say to disregard reports of "disappearances" of workmen reported by at our cabin - it's just delays caused by cigars, bourbon, ice tea, and stories of "Back in the Day".
Now, Zoltar, I hate to ask, and no offense intended, but before you left for the cabin, did you maybe have a touch of that 'Ol Boy Moonshine ?, or maybe some if them there 'Shroons.
More than once, after a few bourbons,(when younger after tequila and hand-rolling a few in Mexico), during the night somebody replaced the superhot girl I picked up the night before with something that resembled an alien from the movie "Men in Black".
Have me nightmares too.
Just asking.

A windy post.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#88 Feb 4, 2013
Windy wrote:
<quoted text>A windy post.
Sorry.

I had fun typing it.

My breakfast buddies and I were chuckling at Zoltar's post, and regaling each other with fond memories of things our parents has done.

Caused me to drone on, with encouragement from the breakfast peanut gallery.
Windy

Dawsonville, GA

#89 Feb 4, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry.
I had fun typing it.
My breakfast buddies and I were chuckling at Zoltar's post, and regaling each other with fond memories of things our parents has done.
Your kind don't have friends. Most people can't stand windbags.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#90 Feb 4, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry.
I had fun typing it.
I loved it and have responded to him on WOW, yours is much better.
Zoltar

Dawsonville, GA

#91 Feb 4, 2013
Windy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kind don't have friends. Most people can't stand windbags.
My guess would be that Informed Opinon has many friends, I hope including me as a Forum poster friend.

What poeple generally cannot stand are sour, prune face, tight a-ses who post one line put-downs to others, I suppose, to maked themselves feel better about themselves. I do like your hamburgers though. Oh, I see that your name is not Wendy but Windy.
Zoltar

Dawsonville, GA

#92 Feb 4, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn man!
Have me nightmares too.
Just asking.
Oh great!! I managed to burn a tank of gas and cross the state line and didn't find the right cabin. The guy who was shooting at me doesn't appear at all to be your dad. This guy was wearing a blue polka-dot dress and a Yankees baseball cap.

I do remember passing a driveway with a sign that read "Mount Suribachi" with an arrow pointing up the drive.

In answer to your question, I did have some mountain creek water before I left home. Even so, I missed the Super Bowl and most important, the Kate Upton commerical.
Windy

Dawsonville, GA

#93 Feb 4, 2013
2 windy's in one post.
Zoltar

Dawsonville, GA

#94 Feb 4, 2013
Windy wrote:
2 windy's in one post.
Ya got me there!
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#95 Feb 5, 2013
Windy wrote:
2 windy's in one post.
“The highest level than can be reached by a mediocre but experienced mind is a talent for uncovering the weaknesses of those greater than itself.”
― Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

#96 Feb 5, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
“The highest level than can be reached by a mediocre but experienced mind is a talent for uncovering the weaknesses of those greater than itself.”
― Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Boring-Bam! Bam! Bam!
Bubba Leroy Hicks

Dahlonega, GA

#97 Feb 5, 2013
Windy wrote:
2 windy's in one post.
Are you "Breaking Windy"?
Or do you need a mint?
Wendy Daze Weather Woman

Blairsville, GA

#98 Feb 8, 2013
Am I the only one who stops reading a reply after the 2nd long paragraph?
Or even a boring cut & paste?
Informed Opinion

United States

#99 Feb 8, 2013
Wendy Daze Weather Woman wrote:
Am I the only one who stops reading a reply after the 2nd long paragraph?
Or even a boring cut & paste?
Are you sure you want to advertise you problem with a short attention span ? Why, some books are actually hundreds of pages long and include over a thousand paragraphs. Imagine the incredible intellect it must require to attend to such works.
There are over 773,000 words in the Bible. What a boring thing that must be !
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

#100 Feb 8, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure you want to advertise you problem with a short attention span ? Why, some books are actually hundreds of pages long and include over a thousand paragraphs. Imagine the incredible intellect it must require to attend to such works.
There are over 773,000 words in the Bible. What a boring thing that must be !
Boring? Did I read Boring?
You are Boring.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 10 min Sick Man Freud 55,770
Can a Liberal be a Christian? 37 min IM Hopper 17
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 2 hr cut to the chase 2,057
brmemc whistleblower thread 3 hr old native 8
Chick Fil-A 3 hr ivy log leonard 2
Steve's Steakhouse 4 hr Ada 98
Wake up floridiots Naming your driveway is stupid. 5 hr Timmy_ 36
brmemc 7 hr My Thoughts 395
petition to remove remaining brmemc board members 15 hr wonderman 10
Lances and BRMEMC Sun sorry 42
BRMEMC board election results 9 13 2014 Sun Honest Member 143
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••