First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Voting Brmemc

Dawsonville, GA

#1 Aug 15, 2014
Alright all you professional bitches out here, are you just bitching or you voting?

It is so simple even you, yes you can do it ACOG!

Go to brmemc website, have your bill or bills for the two codes and punch them in, so simple!! I have 4 meters so I voted four times.
How did I vote, I voted against all incumbents and voted for Patton.
Best of all, took me about 5 minutes for all four votes.

So if you don't vote, don't bitch!
Ron

Hiawassee, GA

#2 Aug 15, 2014
Voting Brmemc wrote:
Alright all you professional bitches out here, are you just bitching or you voting?
Go to brmemc website, have your bill or bills for the two codes and punch them in, so simple!! I have 4 meters so I voted four times.
Will you list the incumbents and the new ones?
URaBitchIVoted

Jefferson, GA

#3 Aug 15, 2014
Voting Brmemc wrote:
Well it is good to know I can bitch because I voted! However, I canceled you out. Patton is the one that struck it rich grading off for the new EMC building because of his cousin Chris Kelley that (at the time) was in charge of getting someone to do the grading. It was quite ironic that the only one that got to work for Chris was Patton Excavating!! It is rumored that Chris was demoted for several reasons, but I just wonder if that might have had something to do with it. I for one and staying away from bread and butter putter
ACOG

Jefferson, GA

#4 Aug 16, 2014
URaBitchIVoted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it is good to know I can bitch because I voted! However, I canceled you out. Patton is the one that struck it rich grading off for the new EMC building because of his cousin Chris Kelley that (at the time) was in charge of getting someone to do the grading. It was quite ironic that the only one that got to work for Chris was Patton Excavating!! It is rumored that Chris was demoted for several reasons, but I just wonder if that might have had something to do with it. I for one and staying away from bread and butter putter
It seems that three companies pop up a lot on the jobs here in Blairsville.
Patton Excavating, Denny Patton, Kap Construction.. I guess that's because we don't have any other companies qualified to do these kind of jobs. Is there any relation here, just asking?
Interesting

Lockhart, TX

#6 Aug 16, 2014
URaBitchIVoted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's odd because the documentation I am looking at doesn't say that. It says that the contractor for Phase 1 of the new building was in charge of getting someone:

Local economic boost: Phase 1 of our project resulted in a contract with Panattoni Construction for the site grading and DOT work. Panattoni then subcontracted work to Capital Grading out of Fannin County. Capital Grading hired a number of local workers (around 70 percent) and used various local subcontractors for portions of the on-site work, including hauling, gravel, concrete, timbering and other services.
ACOG

Jefferson, GA

#8 Aug 16, 2014
related wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Denny is Mike Patton's uncle. I do not know Kap.
https://cgov.sos.state.ga.us/Account.aspx/Vie...

KAP CONSTRUCTION INC
PATTON, ALAN

98 Madeline Way
BLAIRSVILLE, GA 30512

If my memory serves me correct Kenya was also a owner a couple years ago when I last checked..
Interesting

United States

#9 Aug 16, 2014
facts wrote:
<quoted text>
That is interesting considering I am a local contractor that was told to talk to Chris after the original contractor lost the job due to the fact that his equipment was repoed! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the rest. Let's just say that I didn't get any grading and Patton did. You are right 70 % went to one local contractor.
That's too bad. Maybe you should have talked to The General Contractor who made those decisions. Or Matthew Akins. He knew Taylor and Taylor worked on that project. He could have probably got you on. He allowed Terry's company to work on it even though he wasn't supposed to.
Interesting

United States

#10 Aug 16, 2014
ACOG wrote:
<quoted text>
https://cgov.sos.state.ga.us/Account.aspx/Vie...
KAP CONSTRUCTION INC
PATTON, ALAN
98 Madeline Way
BLAIRSVILLE, GA 30512
If my memory serves me correct Kenya was also a owner a couple years ago when I last checked..
Really? I see here there are several checks written to Ricks Rental. Who owns that?
butter

Clarkesville, GA

#11 Aug 16, 2014
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I see here there are several checks written to Ricks Rental. Who owns that?
It will get interesting when you find out.
ACOG

Jefferson, GA

#13 Aug 16, 2014
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not seeing it listed with the Secretary of State.
Interesting

Tucker, GA

#14 Aug 16, 2014
butter wrote:
<quoted text>
It will get interesting when you find out.
I know who does.:).
need info

Young Harris, GA

#15 Aug 16, 2014
Can I vote for towns and clay county?
Interesting

Tucker, GA

#16 Aug 16, 2014
need info wrote:
Can I vote for towns and clay county?
Yes. You can cast one vote per county that is on the ballot.

So you can cast 3 votes. One for a person in Union. One for Towns and one for Clay.
curious

Blairsville, GA

#17 Aug 16, 2014
URaBitchIVoted wrote:
<quoted text>
Was a father-in-law on the BRMEMC board during all this?
Interesting

Tucker, GA

#18 Aug 16, 2014
facts wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to see the document that you are looking at, where can I find a copy. I didn't say that I was opposed to locals getting some of the work, just not the monopoly like the pattons.
I know someone who had a copy of a disk that they got from someone else. It contains all the information. They made a copy and gave it to me. BRMEMC Board meeting minutes and finance committee minutes. Evidently Matthew Akins never cut off the information from being downloaded to a former board members iPad. I am sure that you will run into someone that has a copy. They are all over town.
Interesting

Tucker, GA

#19 Aug 16, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Was a father-in-law on the BRMEMC board during all this?
Yes why don't you go ask him? I think he is unavailable for comments though. You want to go down that road against a deceased man? Go right ahead.:)
curious

Blairsville, GA

#20 Aug 17, 2014
BRMEMC bylaws.

SECTION 4.14. "Close Relative" Defined. As used in these bylaws, "close
relative" means a person who, by blood or in law, including half, foster, step and adoptive kin, is either a spouse, child, grandchild, parent, grandparent, brother or sister of the principal

SECTION 4.02. Qualifications. No person shall be eligible to become or remain
a director of the Cooperative who:

(b) within 5 years preceding his nomination was a full-time employee
of the Cooperative;

(d) is, and if elected and seated as a director will continue to be, a
close relative of an incumbent director or of an employee of the
Cooperative;
Interesting

Tucker, GA

#21 Aug 17, 2014
curious wrote:
BRMEMC bylaws.
SECTION 4.14. "Close Relative" Defined. As used in these bylaws, "close
relative" means a person who, by blood or in law, including half, foster, step and adoptive kin, is either a spouse, child, grandchild, parent, grandparent, brother or sister of the principal
SECTION 4.02. Qualifications. No person shall be eligible to become or remain
a director of the Cooperative who:
(b) within 5 years preceding his nomination was a full-time employee
of the Cooperative;
(d) is, and if elected and seated as a director will continue to be, a
close relative of an incumbent director or of an employee of the
Cooperative;
You need to keep reading on further down. Next to last paragraph in that section of the bylaws.
TEmmettT

Baldwin, GA

#22 Aug 17, 2014
Rick is Matts father-in-law, currently. There was some Facebook action where Matt was slamming his wife about another man several months back.
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
TEmmettT

Baldwin, GA

#23 Aug 17, 2014
Even deceased men are held responsible for their integrity.
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes why don't you go ask him? I think he is unavailable for comments though. You want to go down that road against a deceased man? Go right ahead.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mickey Cummings = RINO 1 hr really are 412
doctors 1 hr Angus 9
blairsville mcdonalds 2 hr Al Gore 3
Cookie Jar Restaurant 2 hr Bernie Sanders 9
Union County School Board / superintendent 16 hr Retired Rich Pilot 13
Trump brings country to a new low. 22 hr ugly 110
School system secret 22 hr Whaaaa Whaaaa 13

Blairsville Jobs

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages