Voting for SPLOST has started.

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Right Wing Nut III

Maysville, GA

#1 Oct 16, 2013
Lamar is about making Union County Government bigger. He supported the TSPLOST. He supports the SPLOST. SPLOST WILL make Union County Government bigger. Each project built using SPLOST requires maintenance-forever, many SPLOST projects require MORE GOVERNMENT employees that YOU will pay-forever and their retirement pensions-forever. More SPLOST projects WILL eventually raise your PROPERTY TAXES. Having seen the Political Fighting in DC this week over bigger Government (and Obamacare is bigger Gov) and the national debt which Liberals like to support raising instead of common sense ways to reduce. Lamar reminds me of these idiots since he supports bigger Government. Folks, we will pay and pay for this madness of bigger Government. We in Union voted overwhelmingly for a Republican Presidential Candidate who stood for smaller Government, then why do we vote for big Government right here in UNION? I am a Republican, I am voting NO.
neighbor

Cornelia, GA

#2 Oct 18, 2013
Right Wing Nut III wrote:
Lamar is about making Union County Government bigger. He supported the TSPLOST. He supports the SPLOST. SPLOST WILL make Union County Government bigger. Each project built using SPLOST requires maintenance-forever, many SPLOST projects require MORE GOVERNMENT employees that YOU will pay-forever and their retirement pensions-forever. More SPLOST projects WILL eventually raise your PROPERTY TAXES. Having seen the Political Fighting in DC this week over bigger Government (and Obamacare is bigger Gov) and the national debt which Liberals like to support raising instead of common sense ways to reduce. Lamar reminds me of these idiots since he supports bigger Government. Folks, we will pay and pay for this madness of bigger Government. We in Union voted overwhelmingly for a Republican Presidential Candidate who stood for smaller Government, then why do we vote for big Government right here in UNION? I am a Republican, I am voting NO.
We have a lot of folks who claim to be Republicans and conservatives but they vote for liberals like Paris and Conley. Just can't stand to give up their playgrounds. The best way to get them out is send them to jail. A true conservative whether he be independent or Republican will vote NO to SPLOST
tmv post

AOL

#3 Oct 18, 2013
if you want them in jail - look for the 24 page News Report being released around Blairsville this coming week. Share it with your neighbors.

If you want to preview it in PDF format, here is a direct link: http://tinyurl.com/ngphye4

Hint: It reads really well when printed.
tmv post

AOL

#5 Oct 27, 2013
tmv post wrote:
if you want them in jail - look for the 24 page News Report being released around Blairsville this coming week. Share it with your neighbors.

If you want to preview it in PDF format, here is a direct link:

http://tinyurl.com/ngphye4

Above is a link for you to download and print our News Report. I encourage every Voter in Union COunty to read it - and then to VOTE ON SPLOST.

Splost IV WILL PASS.... if people do not show up. Lower Voter turnout will favor Splost IV passing.

Educate yourself, and then Vote. This may be the biggest Vote in the history of Union County.

Peace,
- david
aka The Mountains Voice

* Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God.

NEITHER should the people keep silence, nor hold their peace, nor be still. Trust in the Lord... after you have done your best.
oink oink

Woodbridge, VA

#6 Oct 27, 2013
neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>We have a lot of folks who claim to be Republicans and conservatives but they vote for liberals like Paris and Conley. Just can't stand to give up their playgrounds. The best way to get them out is send them to jail. A true conservative whether he be independent or Republican will vote NO to SPLOST
that is because them their family and relatives have their snouts in the taxpayers trough
Union lover

Cornelia, GA

#8 Oct 31, 2013
oink oink wrote:
<quoted text> that is because them their family and relatives have their snouts in the taxpayers trough
I think most of the supporters of SPLOST are rich and don't care or Union Government workers or business owners. I don't see why anyone who works at a low paying job or a retired person on fixed income would support this.
oink oink

Woodbridge, VA

#9 Oct 31, 2013
Union lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I think most of the supporters of SPLOST are rich and don't care or Union Government workers or business owners. I don't see why anyone who works at a low paying job or a retired person on fixed income would support this.
you might be surprised at how many piglets/businesses have been gourging on the tits of the taxpayer sow there is a long history of piglets enjoying taxpayer funded tits

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#10 Oct 31, 2013
Remember the definition of "insanity" is to do the same thing over and over again in the same way and expect a different outcome.

VOTE NO SPLOST IV
tmv post

AOL

#11 Nov 2, 2013
tmv post wrote:

If you want to preview it in PDF format, here is a direct link:

http://tinyurl.com/ngphye4

Going down to the wire. Voting day is Tuesday. Above is a link to the News Report. If you like it, then I highly encourage everyone to go to that page, and write an email to everyone in your Union County email list, and send them an email.

And I want to make ONE IMPORTANT POINT:

Splost IV will be born if people do not show up to vote agaist it. I am under the impression that word is going out among the "Insiders" and they are really rallying the Yes vote. You've seen Lamar illegally promoting it, and telling lies about it.

IF people do not show up and Vote NO, then it could pass simply with a small handful of Yes Votes.

Please Vote. Just make the trip. Mark it on your calendars this weekend... VOte On Tuesday. Make advance plans RIGHT NOW to show get to teh Voting booth.

If you don't understand why this is an important Vote - go to that link above, print it (yes I know it is 24 pages long - But It Is Important and It Is The Truth).

EVERYONE needs to get the word out. Do NOT take it for granted that things are going to change.

Lastly - I am NOT suggesting that this next Splost should die forever. I AM saying that the way that it is currently written, allowing more of this Advance Funding really needs to be closely thought about. Take some time. Get some answers. You can get it the Referendum rewritten, resubmitted and you can Vote on it next go round. But do NOT allow yourself to be rushed into passing something.

EVERYONE needs to get the word out. Do NOT take it for granted that things are going to change. WORK. Do SOMETHING today. Tell at least one person.

Peace,
- david
aka The Mountains Voice
Just Plain Dumb

Blairsville, GA

#12 Nov 2, 2013
tmv post wrote:
<quoted text>
Going down to the wire. Voting day is Tuesday. Above is a link to the News Report. If you like it, then I highly encourage everyone to go to that page, and write an email to everyone in your Union County email list, and send them an email.
And I want to make ONE IMPORTANT POINT:
Splost IV will be born if people do not show up to vote agaist it. I am under the impression that word is going out among the "Insiders" and they are really rallying the Yes vote. You've seen Lamar illegally promoting it, and telling lies about it.
IF people do not show up and Vote NO, then it could pass simply with a small handful of Yes Votes.
Please Vote. Just make the trip. Mark it on your calendars this weekend... VOte On Tuesday. Make advance plans RIGHT NOW to show get to teh Voting booth.
If you don't understand why this is an important Vote - go to that link above, print it (yes I know it is 24 pages long - But It Is Important and It Is The Truth).
EVERYONE needs to get the word out. Do NOT take it for granted that things are going to change.
Lastly - I am NOT suggesting that this next Splost should die forever. I AM saying that the way that it is currently written, allowing more of this Advance Funding really needs to be closely thought about. Take some time. Get some answers. You can get it the Referendum rewritten, resubmitted and you can Vote on it next go round. But do NOT allow yourself to be rushed into passing something.
EVERYONE needs to get the word out. Do NOT take it for granted that things are going to change. WORK. Do SOMETHING today. Tell at least one person.
Peace,
- david
aka The Mountains Voice
Will you be voting against it? Ooops, I guess not since you don't even live here. Hey, can convicted felons even vote??
Just a thought

Dahlonega, GA

#13 Nov 2, 2013
Just Plain Dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you be voting against it? Ooops, I guess not since you don't even live here. Hey, can convicted felons even vote??
You people just keep putting another nail in poor ole Lamar's coffin when you start talking about people and not denying the truth. I bet he would tell you please stop if he could get the words out but with all that foaming at the mouth he is without words.
trail90

Blue Ridge, GA

#14 Nov 2, 2013
When you can not refute you attack From National to local Govt
tmv post

AOL

#15 Nov 4, 2013
Last day to tell a friend, pass along your copy of the News Report, send an email link, or just get "the word" out in general by any means...

...the word is: Vote
Wilsie

Dahlonega, GA

#16 Nov 4, 2013
And vote no to putting our property in hock . Vote no to Lamar`s new tax .
Democrap

Blairsville, GA

#17 Nov 4, 2013
Hope it passes, never meant a tax I did not like!
lamars scrotum on ur chin

Glen Allen, VA

#18 Nov 4, 2013
Just Plain Dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
you need wash the lamar out of your mouth
Just Plain Dumb

Blairsville, GA

#19 Nov 4, 2013
lamars scrotum on ur chin wrote:
<quoted text>you need wash the lamar out of your mouth
Hey, you're the one thinking about Lamar's scrotum. Sick, man.

Mechanicsville, VA

#20 Nov 4, 2013
Just Plain Dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you're the one thinking about Lamar's scrotum. Sick, man.
your ears are lamars handgrips that is also obvious
Just Plain Dumb

Blairsville, GA

#21 Nov 4, 2013
lamars scrotum on ur chin wrote:
<quoted text>your ears are lamars handgrips that is also obvious
Have you noticed that "ear" and "queer" rhyme? I think it's time for you to come out of the closet, man (it?)

Unionville, VA

#22 Nov 4, 2013
Just Plain Dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you noticed that "ear" and "queer" rhyme? I think it's time for you to come out of the closet, man (it?)
you are the one that has been outed chin music you and lamar

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Interesting article-link What divides America 56 min Oh my 5
INVESTIGATION: Union County vs. City of Blairsv... 1 hr tmv post 52
UCBI on Forbes List of Successful Banks 1 hr My Question 3
Remove EMC BOARD and Akins 1 hr Two Questions 158
Time To Clean Up Union County 8 hr redimix 121
Our New Sheriffs Dept (Jan '13) 9 hr redimix 966
The Mark Of The Beast (Aug '11) 13 hr redimix 288

Blairsville News Video

Blairsville Dating
Find my Match