Comments
1 - 20 of 292 Comments Last updated Jun 1, 2014
First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Ariel

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

We have paid it for 50 to 60 years, why can't we retire and live off our savings without paying this? Property tax is enough!
Retired Person

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

3

That is pathetic you feel you shouldn't invest in the next generation's future.

People have been paying school taxes forever and it shouldn't change. You knew that years ago and we should change it for YOU?
uct

Blue Ridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

1

Every county around Union exempts seniors .Why is that?
doc

Clarkesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Ariel wrote:
We have paid it for 50 to 60 years, why can't we retire and live off our savings without paying this? Property tax is enough!
you may just be constipated.
You will need doctors that have been through school to relieve your hemorrhoids pain.
Retired person

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

3

doc wrote:
<quoted text>
you may just be constipated.
You will need doctors that have been through school to relieve your hemorrhoids pain.
Exactly! Old people get so damn selfish, hateful, and think the world revolves around what they need.
ellijay

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Retired person wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Old people get so damn selfish, hateful, and think the world revolves around what they need.
No, they just reach an age where they don't give a crap about what people think. It is very liberating. Just think how wonderful it would be to say what you really think.
Georgia Idiots

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

2

Retired person wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Old people get so damn selfish, hateful, and think the world revolves around what they need.
From your reply I am guessing that you are young..I would like you to cut and paste this comment and keep it so that when you actually grow up and get old you will look back on it and see just how stupid you was for posting it.. There were a lot of other ways you could have responded...Respect your elders...weren't you ever taught that?
Totally Bored

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Retired Person wrote:
That is pathetic you feel you shouldn't invest in the next generation's future.
People have been paying school taxes forever and it shouldn't change. You knew that years ago and we should change it for YOU?
Yes, many counties do this. It is the right thing to do for people who are retired and don't work. You must be one of those Liberals.
Totally Bored

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Retired person wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Old people get so damn selfish, hateful, and think the world revolves around what they need.
Seems to me, you are looking in a mirror. You will be old someday. You are heartless.
Totally Bored

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

doc wrote:
<quoted text>
you may just be constipated.
You will need doctors that have been through school to relieve your hemorrhoids pain.
My 60 years of school taxes I already paid probably put you through school bub.
Local Yokel

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Totally Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
My 60 years of school taxes I already paid probably put you through school bub.
My 50 did also, I need a break in my older years. Some people are just mean to their elders. Union needs to exempt Seniors from school tax. Heck, if some of you rich Seniors want to donate get out the United Community bank check book and make a donation. I don't want to pay this on my income. I feel I have paid my share already.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

They probably don't charge school tax in florida.
u parasite

Clarkesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Totally Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, many counties do this. It is the right thing to do for people who are retired and don't work. You must be one of those Liberals.
YOU must be one of those liberals.....wanting to live of the rest of us. How funny.
Where does your current income come from.....let me guess.
doc

Clarkesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Totally Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
My 60 years of school taxes I already paid probably put you through school bub.
what you have paid in, is a lot less than you will consume in your final years. America is having to deal with it, we're going to try ObamaCare to tackle what Pres Obama calls '500lb gorilla in the room'. But the math won't work. Forcing people to go to the health care insurance gaming casino, will not offset what current life support technology consumes.
Retired person

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Georgia Idiots wrote:
<quoted text> From your reply I am guessing that you are young..I would like you to cut and paste this comment and keep it so that when you actually grow up and get old you will look back on it and see just how stupid you was for posting it.. There were a lot of other ways you could have responded...Respect your elders...weren't you ever taught that?
Sorry, bubba, I'm closing in on 70.
Don't any of the old timers here have grandkids?
Retired person

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

u parasite wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU must be one of those liberals.....wanting to live of the rest of us. How funny.
Where does your current income come from.....let me guess.
I'll guess part of it does come from the government, don't you?

Old people are selfish. I see it every day and hear it every day amongst my older friends. Until they die, they have an obligation to contribute to schools. If seniors were exempt, they'd be on this forum bitching about their grandkid's school not having enough and being underfunded.
ellijay

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Retired person wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll guess part of it does come from the government, don't you?
Old people are selfish. I see it every day and hear it every day amongst my older friends. Until they die, they have an obligation to contribute to schools. If seniors were exempt, they'd be on this forum bitching about their grandkid's school not having enough and being underfunded.
Really? I believe the young are the most self centered and selfish of all.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 29, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

2

Totally Bored wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, many counties do this. It is the right thing to do for people who are retired and don't work. You must be one of those Liberals.
I own property in Union County and never sent kids to Union County Schools and never will.

Shouldn't I get out of paying school taxes before those people who actually benefitted from the schools get out of paying ?

And what about people who send their kids to private schools, shouldn't they get a rebate for their school taxes ?

And what about people who own property that's not residential, why should they pay toward school taxes at all ?

I like this Right Wing thinking, I don't have to contribute to society and society has to support me.
Georgia Idiots

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Timmy_ wrote:
They probably don't charge school tax in florida.
you are sooooooooo obsessed with Florida...weird...every comment from you seems to always have to be degrading Floridians..
Georgia Idiots

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Retired person wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, bubba, I'm closing in on 70.
Don't any of the old timers here have grandkids?
That's fine and yes I have grandkids..doesn't matter to me either way.. I have paid and will continue to but I cannot see anyone degrading the elderly..including you..you should know better.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Blairsville Forum right now

Search the Blairsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 min silverfox 49,965
your opinion on blairsville methadone clinic (Dec '09) 1 hr Logic 148
Union County Development Authority 1 hr PTM 21
4th of July boating accident (Jul '09) 2 hr Worried 23
Would you support/shop @ Starbucks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) 18 hr Marilyn 37
h7n9 (May '13) Tue ACOG 78
Phone scams are alive and well in Union County Tue Concerned 1
•••
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Blairsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blairsville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••