Sick of Hub Reece
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
commenting

Blairsville, GA

#24 Jun 13, 2014
gamule wrote:
theres a nice parking lot on the reece property why cant we just park there and play in the creek after all if we the people payed for it we should get to use it
Yeah, The commissioner, Obama's Protege, is all for recreation, right? LOL.
OathKeeper

Jefferson, GA

#25 Jun 13, 2014
"Station 4 is used as a polling place where people in that precinct vote. One day a week there is a recycling project outside. " I think what the writer is referring to is the voting station up the road that was actually the original fire station but not used for such in several years.

Station 4, as posted elsewhere, is a four bay structure "occupied" by four apparatus. It contains a meeting/training room, two bathrooms, an office and kitchen, all in various stages of dilapidation, including the A/C which has not functioned for a couple years. Meetings and training are held several times a month. Other volunteer stations in the county are in similar stages of disrepair.

However the plight of the volunteers was brought up simply to demonstrate the dichotomy of tax money allocation. Groomed hiking trails at Meeks park for the occasional user but substandard conditions for volunteer emergency workers.

A dated example from last year would probably have made the point more dramatic. The long delay in renovating the cannery put a hurt on a lot of local folks who rely on the cannery for sustenance as the economy continues to tank. I am sure they didn't get much comfort last winter admiring the Castle on the Hill on empty stomachs.
Retired Rich Golfer

Bryson City, NC

#26 Jun 14, 2014
Does the tennis courts at Meeks have night lights.
If not, that's a good project. I know when the courts first opened there weren't lights. Will have to check on that. Love recreation!
Al T

Dahlonega, GA

#27 Jun 15, 2014
commenting wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, The commissioner, Obama's Protege, is all for recreation, right? LOL.
Lamar and Obama are alike in that they like big and bigger government. Lamar brags that he has cut property taxes by miniscule amounts but he supports every other tax that comes up. He pushes big government every day. Lamar is a typical Democrat, just like Obama. Like Pelosi, Like Reid. He is making big government choices that WILL raise property taxes in the future. 100% chance. You do not get something for nothing like a lot of voters in Union seem to think.
Al T

Dahlonega, GA

#28 Jun 15, 2014
Retired Rich Golfer wrote:
Does the tennis courts at Meeks have night lights.
If not, that's a good project. I know when the courts first opened there weren't lights. Will have to check on that. Love recreation!
Another Big Government supporter.
Vern

Jefferson, GA

#29 Jun 15, 2014
Al T wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Big Government supporter.
Extremely dumb people are democrats. They do not have the ability to think for themselves and need a big govt. to tell them when to get on the pot and when to get off. RRG lis a prime example of this. I have no data to prove it but I believe it comes from interbreeding.
Pearlie Mae Carbunkle

Jefferson, GA

#30 Jun 15, 2014
Vern wrote:
<quoted text> Extremely dumb people are democrats. They do not have the ability to think for themselves and need a big govt. to tell them when to get on the pot and when to get off. RRG lis a prime example of this. I have no data to prove it but I believe it comes from interbreeding.
You are wrong and this has nothing whatsoever to do with the Byron Herbert Reece homeplace. You just proved your point of dumbness in saying" I have no data to prove it". As for interbreeding remember this is 2014 and the age of gayness; so tell me if there will be any more children born to those who don't have a clue. As for interbreeding, you dropped off of an unidentified planet I am sure. Keep your Republican points to yourself and let the residents discuss the homeplace here.
Jimbo

Jefferson, GA

#31 Jun 15, 2014
Pearlie Mae Carbunkle wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong and this has nothing whatsoever to do with the Byron Herbert Reece homeplace. You just proved your point of dumbness in saying" I have no data to prove it". As for interbreeding remember this is 2014 and the age of gayness; so tell me if there will be any more children born to those who don't have a clue. As for interbreeding, you dropped off of an unidentified planet I am sure. Keep your Republican points to yourself and let the residents discuss the homeplace here.
DUH

Since: Oct 11

not flarda

#32 Jun 15, 2014
I haint got no dog in this here fight. But I thought the goal was to "restore" that thar place. Well I kin guarantee you that when that poet feller was a livin thar that it didn't have vinyl siding han paved parking. All I kin see a happenin is tham ole Flarda folk a goin there han walking around it once han then not going back.
just the way it is

Jefferson, GA

#33 Jun 15, 2014
Slowpoks Boy wrote:
I haint got no dog in this here fight. But I thought the goal was to "restore" that thar place. Well I kin guarantee you that when that poet feller was a livin thar that it didn't have vinyl siding han paved parking. All I kin see a happenin is tham ole Flarda folk a goin there han walking around it once han then not going back.
they can walk next door and say hi to garrett, and play in the creek
Valley Green with Corn

Blairsville, GA

#34 Jun 15, 2014
Slowpoks Boy wrote:
I haint got no dog in this here fight. But I thought the goal was to "restore" that thar place. Well I kin guarantee you that when that poet feller was a livin thar that it didn't have vinyl siding han paved parking. All I kin see a happenin is tham ole Flarda folk a goin there han walking around it once han then not going back.
Yeah, I'll leave the political arguments to others, too. But I agree with you, Hub Reece would not recognize much of his home place. The "house" is too fancy and the paved parking lot and city street lights make it look like Disney World.

He would at least recognize the barn and the spring house as they are much the same, just restored.

To me, the best part of the BHR center is the little red building (and I mean little) where Reece wrote a lot of his poetry. I think he called this "Mulberry Hall." Funny thing is that to me, this is the only thing on the farm where you really get the essence of Reece - and it was actually restored by two Boy Scouts for their Eagle Project. Maybe they should have let the Boy Scouts design the rest of the place, it probably would look a lot more authentic.
Al T

Dahlonega, GA

#35 Jun 16, 2014
Valley Green with Corn wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'll leave the political arguments to others, too. But I agree with you, Hub Reece would not recognize much of his home place. The "house" is too fancy and the paved parking lot and city street lights make it look like Disney World.
He would at least recognize the barn and the spring house as they are much the same, just restored.
To me, the best part of the BHR center is the little red building (and I mean little) where Reece wrote a lot of his poetry. I think he called this "Mulberry Hall." Funny thing is that to me, this is the only thing on the farm where you really get the essence of Reece - and it was actually restored by two Boy Scouts for their Eagle Project. Maybe they should have let the Boy Scouts design the rest of the place, it probably would look a lot more authentic.
His poetry is his legacy. The restoration of his home place is a waste of money. Typical Lamar project. He wastes more money than any Democrat I know, except his Party Leader Obama..
My Opinion

Blairsville, GA

#36 Jun 16, 2014
Al T wrote:
<quoted text>
His poetry is his legacy. The restoration of his home place is a waste of money. Typical Lamar project. He wastes more money than any Democrat I know, except his Party Leader Obama..
Looks like he's trying his best to imitate Obama -- from non-transparency to spending to disparaging his opposition to taxing to his non-stimulus spending to his deficit spending to his cronyism to his ....
PEACE Please

Lithonia, GA

#37 Jul 9, 2014
Al T wrote:
<quoted text>
I am pretty sure Lamar called it a tourist attraction. But you are right, it is just praise for locals.
Reese blew his brains out in his home. Not my hero. Waste of money too. I also heard at the Community Center that Lamar's second in command is living on the property tax free. Living in a trailer.
I don't care if you express your concern about tax payer funds being used in a way that best represents and benefits the citizens of our county. If fact, county and government spending should always be questioned. I'm sad that people stoop to a level to throw an insult at a man who has been deceased for years, did nothing to encourage or contribute to this misuse you post about, and should be allowed to rest in peace. This is the first time I've ever been so moved to post on this ridiculous site. I just think it's sad.
PEACE Please

Lithonia, GA

#38 Jul 9, 2014
just a thought wrote:
<quoted text>If they would air condition the fire house it could take care of the over spill from the BHR and everyone could sit around reading poetry all day. I read poetry at least 8 hrs a day don 't you. I understand the man who flew before the Wright Bros. lived in Union County. Why not build something that would actually draw people. I would much rather look at pictures and drawings and maybe a model of his flying machine than a gay poets work or non work.
(Ditto what I feel about the other guy's post...)
I don't care if you express your concern about tax payer funds being used in a way that best represents and benefits the citizens of our county. If fact, county and government spending should always be questioned. I'm sad that people stoop to a level to throw an insult at a man who has been deceased for years, did nothing to encourage or contribute to this misuse you post about, and should be allowed to rest in peace. This is the first time I've ever been so moved to post on this ridiculous site. I just think it's sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 22 min Advocate4Clean 173
Union Hospital Authority Board should resign 39 min informed voter 100
Gowders Violate Conditions of Release 56 min Curious 3
3-1 Mason over Wood 1 hr Back When 3
Transgendered Restrooms 4 hr Ed Anger 1
Cox win 5 hr jimbo 2 6
Lamar & SPLOST (Sep '11) 10 hr Advocate4Clean 154
I can't believe nobody checked 10 hr Local 17
Eric Wood is toast ! 11 hr Tom 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages