When will enough be enough?
Sad Day

Dawsonville, GA

#2 Dec 14, 2012
Prayer going up for all the families of the shooting in Newtown, Ct
happy

Dawsonville, GA

#3 Dec 14, 2012
Yes, things like that are awful. It's too bad the principal or someone else at the school didn't have a gun so they could have put an end to it before so many innocent people were killed.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#4 Dec 14, 2012
The murderer took his own life; he plotted and executed this tragedy, he made it final for himself as well. I have questions galore in my mind about this tragedy but mostly WHY! Lives taken way too early saddens me and it is difficult to comprehend that children are no longer safe in their schools.
Ghostfire

Prattville, AL

#5 Dec 14, 2012
My Lord.... I've been glued to the t.v. all day, just trying to make sense of this tragedy. As a mother of 3, it's so terrifying to even think about. I keep thinking that these poor parents just spent their last moments this morning with their babies, not knowing that they would never see them alive again. Indeed, my friends....let's love on our kids and loved ones tonight, and thank the good Lord that we have that blessing to do so.

Since: Aug 10

Blairsville, GA

#6 Dec 15, 2012
I hope the loss of these babies gets this country to open up a dialogue of common sense to secure safety for all of us.
Zoltar

Dawsonville, GA

#7 Dec 15, 2012
Truthis Blairsville wrote:
I hope the loss of these babies gets this country to open up a dialogue of common sense to secure safety for all of us.
Well said Truthis. However, I am afraid "commo sense" may not prevail. Politicians are already out in force looking for easy answers. There are many things that can be done but, none will be easy or accepted by everyone.

I was wondering this morning why we have a guard in every bank to protect our money but, not one in all our schools to protect our most precious commodity in our children.
Ridiculous

Manchester, NH

#8 Dec 15, 2012
It's excruciating all the way around! To be in a situation where we have to treat our schools like jails to protect our children is horrible. It also robs them of their innocence. It is just a horrible, sad state of affairs to be put in a situation where we truly do have to consider such extreme measures to protect the truly innocent souls of this world, especially in an environment where they are developing their social consciences and learning.
Just devastating to every single parent in this country!
Zoltar

Dawsonville, GA

#9 Dec 15, 2012
Ridiculous wrote:
It's excruciating all the way around! To be in a situation where we have to treat our schools like jails to protect our children is horrible. It also robs them of their innocence. It is just a horrible, sad state of affairs to be put in a situation where we truly do have to consider such extreme measures to protect the truly innocent souls of this world, especially in an environment where they are developing their social consciences and learning.
Just devastating to every single parent in this country!
I agree with all that you have said. Come Monday morning, I will worry all day and every day after that along with most parents, about the safety of my kids.

Unfortunately, now, our free society is killing our children.
blairsville devil

Wesley Chapel, FL

#10 Dec 15, 2012
Before I offer a lengthy commentary about the killing in Ct.,the control of guns isn't the answer for prevention.Society needs 100 years to reverse itself from what we have allow it to become.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#11 Dec 15, 2012
Anyone in the mental health field will know or should know that this was caused by a person who felt abandoned by their parent. The investigation most likely will show that this person felt ignored by his mother and that the school was at fault. In his deranged mind he was setting the scales of justice in balance. The fault lies in no one seeing that and intervening, he could now be safely locked away in an institution.
Informed Opinion

San Josť, Costa Rica

#12 Dec 15, 2012
Ever notice that we go to great lengths to sanitize the language when it comes to these things.
This was a mass murder.
It wasn't "gun violence." It wasn't an "unimaginable incident."
It was a mass murder.
Also:
The parents,)or whoever allowed the criminal access and control of the guns used), should be imprisoned.
I have many firearms. They are always locked in a gun safe and will never be used to commit crimes. If you have firearms, you have the duty to keep control of them at all times, and if that means buying and using a gun safe - so be it.

Blairsville, GA

#13 Dec 15, 2012
Informed Opinion wrote:
Ever notice that we go to great lengths to sanitize the language when it comes to these things.
This was a mass murder.
It wasn't "gun violence." It wasn't an "unimaginable incident."
It was a mass murder.
Also:
The parents,)or whoever allowed the criminal access and control of the guns used), should be imprisoned.
I have many firearms. They are always locked in a gun safe and will never be used to commit crimes. If you have firearms, you have the duty to keep control of them at all times, and if that means buying and using a gun safe - so be it.
Of what use is an assault rifle? Why aren't these killing machines along with armor piercing ammo not restricted to the military?

Since: Oct 11

Flarda

#14 Dec 15, 2012
I don't think it was an assault rifle that was used in the shooting. And I don't think the constitution says "Right to bear arms, except for assault rifles which are only allowed for the military". You honestly think if they were outlawed criminals would obey the law and stop using them? You honestly think if they were illegal they would be harder for criminals to get?
<quoted text>Of what use is an assault rifle? Why aren't these killing machines along with armor piercing ammo not restricted to the military?
agreed

Dawsonville, GA

#15 Dec 15, 2012
How many more people would have been killed by this criminal if armed police officers wouldn't have been there to kill him?

http://tinyurl.com/c3u8f8n

Blairsville, GA

#16 Dec 15, 2012
Slowpoks Boy wrote:
I don't think it was an assault rifle that was used in the shooting. And I don't think the constitution says "Right to bear arms, except for assault rifles which are only allowed for the military". You honestly think if they were outlawed criminals would obey the law and stop using them? You honestly think if they were illegal they would be harder for criminals to get? <quoted text>
Right now they are saying that most were killed with the assault rifle. And again, Of what use to a civilian is an assault rifle? It's time to have an intellegent discussion about gun regulation. Aren't you tired of having your rights infringed upon by lunatics? I have a right to shop without fear. I have a right to go to church without fear. I have a right to have my children go to school without fear. I have a right to eat a restaurants without fear of being shot. Since when does the right to bear arms mean more than the right to freedom, the right to life? Since the NRA says so? Politics aside we need to have this discussion.

Blairsville, GA

#17 Dec 15, 2012
agreed wrote:
How many more people would have been killed by this criminal if armed police officers wouldn't have been there to kill him?
http://tinyurl.com/c3u8f8n
Police did not kill this loon, he killed himself.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#18 Dec 15, 2012
<quoted text> Since when does the right to bear arms mean more than the right to freedom
I always thought it was the right to wear short sleeve shirts

Flarda

#19 Dec 15, 2012
<quoted text> Aren't you tired of having your rights infringed upon by lunatics?
YES, I most certainly am. I am tired of people trying to take away my right to protect myself, my family, and my friends. If you and your closest friends and family members were in a crowded public place and a crazed idiot started shooting in your direction, and in your left pocket you had a cell phone to call the police which were about 15 minutes away, and in your right pocket you had a loaded 9mm which you were trained to use and a clear shot at the attacker, which pocket would YOU reach for? I am very capable of having discussions but find that very few liberals can engage in an intelligent discussion without resorting to name calling and insults, that does not include you of course.

Flarda

#20 Dec 15, 2012
Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>
I always thought it was the right to wear short sleeve shirts
Oh lol lol lol lol lol you are sooooooooooooooo funny! Um yeah, you're not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 8 min ChicknButt 55,910
GSP vs. motorcycle fatality 20 min JudyM 48
Can a Liberal be a Christian? 39 min Mari 27
What's the worst thing about Floridiots? 1 hr Not from Florida 54
RV Campers dumping spetic across Blood Mountain 2 hr law 5
Steve's Steakhouse 2 hr Formerly A Northe... 114
Chick Fil-A 3 hr Take a ride and e... 12
brmemc 11 hr Larry M 392
Lances and BRMEMC Sun sorry 42
BRMEMC board election results 9 13 2014 Sun Honest Member 139
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••