Honor our Confederate Veterans

Honor our Confederate Veterans

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#1 May 26, 2013
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#2 May 27, 2013
Nope, not gonna do it. They were traitors who wanted to destroy these United States. You bigots who still want to bring it up should just go join the KKK and shut your mouths.
Not to mention the 650,000 people they are responsible for being killed
Army Strong

Otto, NC

#3 May 27, 2013
I salute you Floridian, well put.
Traveller

Canton, GA

#4 May 27, 2013
Floridian wrote:
Nope, not gonna do it. They were traitors who wanted to destroy these United States. You bigots who still want to bring it up should just go join the KKK and shut your mouths.
Not to mention the 650,000 people they are responsible for being killed
These 'traitors' were trying to preserve States rights. Enjoy your Obama Nation, and all the wars overseas killing our children trying to opress Nation rights.
Army Strong

Otto, NC

#5 May 27, 2013
That didn't just happen under the "Obama Nation" as you call it.
Traveller wrote:
<quoted text>
These 'traitors' were trying to preserve States rights. Enjoy your Obama Nation, and all the wars overseas killing our children trying to opress Nation rights.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#6 May 27, 2013
Traveller wrote:
<quoted text>
These 'traitors' were trying to preserve States rights. Enjoy your Obama Nation, and all the wars overseas killing our children trying to opress Nation rights.
States Rights??????????
The right to own slaves.
The right to be racists.
The right to murder slaves.
The right to rape slaves.
The rights to be traitors.
You sure picked lousy reasons for states rights.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#7 May 27, 2013
Traveller wrote:
<quoted text>
These 'traitors' were trying to preserve States rights. Enjoy your Obama Nation, and all the wars overseas killing our children trying to opress Nation rights.
Definition of Traitor
A person who is guilty of treason in betraying their country.

What else can you call fighting against the country in which you are a citizen?
You talk of nations rights and that is exactly what the Confederacy was fighting against
And "killing our children" the south had no problem starting something they knew would kill thousands of "children" as you call them.

Oh and it's oppress not opress
Traveller

Canton, GA

#8 May 27, 2013
Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>
Definition of Traitor
A person who is guilty of treason in betraying their country.
What else can you call fighting against the country in which you are a citizen?
Oh and it's oppress not opress
"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."-Thomas Jefferson

And Floridian, "ppres your nose up my azz"
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#10 May 27, 2013
I have no opinion as to the Confederacy from 1861 through 1865, but,

I'm worried that Obama may determine that the Leaders of the New Confederacy dedicated to the destruction of America:

1- Mitch "I want America to fail" McConnell,
and
2- Rand "I'm a lunatic named after a lunatic atheist" Paul,

to the list of Americans who pose an imminent danger to our national security,

and therefore subject to having a General Atomics MQ-1 Predator place an AGM 114 Hellfire missile in their Post Toasties at breakfast.

but, as Richard Nixon said: "That would be wrong",

- as the President should not have the power to order anyone's advancement to the land of 72 Virgins if your Muslim,

or the land of no Blacks, Hispanics, or Democrats if your a Right Wing Wacko from the State of Kentucky,(which slurps of 2X the federal money than it pays in taxes),

but we gotta face facts,

these two pose more of a danger to our Constitution than all the bin Ladens clumped together at a Bush Family pig roast.
Traveller

Canton, GA

#11 May 27, 2013
WDRussell wrote:
<quoted text>
States Rights??????????
The right to own slaves.
The right to be racists.
The right to murder slaves.
The right to rape slaves.
The rights to be traitors.
You sure picked lousy reasons for states rights.
You didn't have large farms (plantations) in Ohio,'WD Russell'. The only way to operate the amount of work to be done was with 'slave' labor, which had been the standard for thousands of years in different civilizations. Otherwise, no operation or products. The North was attempting to take away the livilihood of the South. Sadly, as nowdays, these huge conflicts that kill millions, are about money.

Slavery was only truly abolished when the need for it was abolished, with the invention of the tractor and the cotton gin.

Floridian

Orlando, FL

#12 May 27, 2013
Laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider the patriots who fought against Britain as traitors? You seem to have a double standard... but we knew that, didn't we?
No; you don't understand the point of law that applies here:
The United States was then a Colony of Britain, not PART of Britain. Reference present day Puerto Rico which is a Colony of the United States. If the United States tries to force Puerto Rico to be a state it has a legal right to fight against the United States to prevent that. If Puerto Rico BECOMES a state by majority vote of its people it is now PART of the United States and cannot at its discretion reverse that decision. It's just like if Alaska or Hawaii decides "oh we made a mistake and now want to be independent again, well tough you can't.

I hope this clarifies your misconception;
Your invoice for services rendered will arrive within 3 business days.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#13 May 27, 2013
Traveller wrote:
<quoted text>
The North was attempting to take away the livilihood of the South.
Well actually they were trying to take away the livelihood of about a hundred multi-millionaires who owned thousands of acres of plantations, not the average person.
Howdy

United States

#14 May 27, 2013
Yes, of course, we need to honor Confederate soldiers. Yes, the war was tragic, and like most wars the underlining cause was economic.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#15 May 27, 2013
Traveller wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't have large farms (plantations) in Ohio,'WD Russell'. The only way to operate the amount of work to be done was with 'slave' labor, which had been the standard for thousands of years in different civilizations. Otherwise, no operation or products. The North was attempting to take away the livilihood of the South. Sadly, as nowdays, these huge conflicts that kill millions, are about money.
Slavery was only truly abolished when the need for it was abolished, with the invention of the tractor and the cotton gin.
Afraid the invention of the cotton gin is actually what made the raising of cotton more profitable. Without it, there would not have been nearly the incentive to grow large cotton crops which necessitated the "cheap" labor that slavery provided.

It is possible to be proud of one's southern heritage while still recognizing that slavery was an evil institution and that it was a good thing the North won the war and that the South did not. It is easily argued that the southern states had the right to secede,(NOT arguing that they should have, merely that they had the right.) Slavery would have been ended in this country eventually - but it probably would have taken a number of additional years.
Informed Opinion

United States

#16 May 27, 2013
Traveller wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't have large farms (plantations) in Ohio,'WD Russell'. The only way to operate the amount of work to be done was with 'slave' labor, which had been the standard for thousands of years in different civilizations. Otherwise, no operation or products. The North was attempting to take away the livilihood of the South. Sadly, as nowdays, these huge conflicts that kill millions, are about money.

Slavery was only truly abolished when the need for it was abolished, with the invention of the tractor and the cotton gin.
Agreed that to understand almost anything and everything -

Always, always, always follow the money.
Informed Opinion

United States

#17 May 27, 2013
Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>Well actually they were trying to take away the livelihood of about a hundred multi-millionaires who owned thousands of acres of plantations, not the average person.
Good point.

Amazing that even then, so many, were so willing, to sacrifice so much, to make so few, so rich.

To the dirt poor sharecropper it was about..... "pride", and "values", and "freedom from federal rules"

to the plantation owner it was about ....... money.

Some things never change.
Informed Opinion

United States

#18 May 27, 2013
I gotta confess I have never quite "got" the "Heritage" thing.

Why can I take pride in something in which I wasn't involved at all, or even alive at the time.

Is it because we can assume the same qualities those folks demonstrated, must be present in us because we are their descendants ?

Is it because we live in the same geographical area where those we hold in esteem lived when they were alive - and so geographically we are infused with their "metal" ?

Does the fact that my ancestors include several horse thieves and at least one murderer mean I am doomed ?

How can I take credit for what they did that is "Great", if I don't take the blame for what they did that was "Bad" ?

It's kind of like professional sports-

If the Bears pay enough money to buy enough players, who have no connection with Chicago (other than their contracts), and they win,

why is that a source of pride for me ?

I didn't hire, pay, or coach the players - so why is is a source of "pride for me" ?

But it is.

If the Cubs win the World Series, why would I celebrate like it "1999"?

Of course I would.

Just wondering - while the office computer boots up.
Traveller

Canton, GA

#19 May 27, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed that to understand almost anything and everything -
Always, always, always follow the money.
Smart man!

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#20 May 27, 2013
Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>
No; you don't understand the point of law that applies here:
The United States was then a Colony of Britain, not PART of Britain. Reference present day Puerto Rico which is a Colony of the United States. If the United States tries to force Puerto Rico to be a state it has a legal right to fight against the United States to prevent that. If Puerto Rico BECOMES a state by majority vote of its people it is now PART of the United States and cannot at its discretion reverse that decision. It's just like if Alaska or Hawaii decides "oh we made a mistake and now want to be independent again, well tough you can't.
I hope this clarifies your misconception;
Your invoice for services rendered will arrive within 3 business days.
Not Puerto Rico is a territory not a colony. Fundamental difference there flordee boy.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#21 May 27, 2013
Floridian wrote:
Nope, not gonna do it. They were traitors who wanted to destroy these United States. You bigots who still want to bring it up should just go join the KKK and shut your mouths.
Not to mention the 650,000 people they are responsible for being killed
Abe Lincoln was responsible for the people that were killed. He could have gave us our Freedom and not invaded our homeland.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Congratulations Hill - suck-ups 9 min Macaroni 1
anyone notice that John walton is still living ... 2 hr The WindBag 4
Work for medicare 4 hr Retard 17
Married Men In Blairsville Having Gay Sex In Re... (Jun '09) 13 hr NJ T 27
Will Trump turn Gay when he goes to prison? 16 hr Not yours 29
Hill for superintendent 16 hr Local funds 18
Assistant coach 17 hr Answer 11

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages