|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

obese smoker wrote:
Instead of trying to penalize them and change their ways, why not just let these health sinners die prematurely from their unhealthy habits.
Smokers tend to die 10 years earlier on average, and the obese die five to 12 years prematurely.
If 1 in 5 U.S. adults smoke, and 1 in 3 are obese, why not just get off their backs and let them go on with their (probably shortened) lives?
You Sir, are a genius.

It is a pleasure to encounter an author who actually understands the underlying and controlling facts of a conundrum.

We have a moral obligation to stop taxpayers subsidizing diabetes creating food, and to encourage healthy lifestyles, it is a huge falsehood to claim that doing so reduces health care costs.

Amazingly, it's actually cheaper in the long run to do as you say. The longer folks live, the more health care they consume, and the care they consume becomes exponentially more expensive.

By keeping the unhealthy alive longer we consume scarce resources that otherwise could be used to benefit everyone else.

An eye surgeon told me the other day that his patients' continually expanding life span,(made possible by diabetics, cancer survivors, etc. who previously would have been dead long before), have made him a fortune because they create the need for even more cataract surgeries and other procedures. He also said that his cardiac surgeon friends' incomes are exploding because their patients don't die as early as they used to, and instead continue to live and require stints, by-passes, and other very lucrative invasive procedures.

We are all going to die, and ironically, those who care for their health the most carefully, will cost us all the most.

I hope I am one of those, but gotta lay off the French Toast.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You Sir, are a genius.
It is a pleasure to encounter an author who actually understands the underlying and controlling facts of a conundrum.
We have a moral obligation to stop taxpayers subsidizing diabetes creating food, and to encourage healthy lifestyles, it is a huge falsehood to claim that doing so reduces health care costs.
Amazingly, it's actually cheaper in the long run to do as you say. The longer folks live, the more health care they consume, and the care they consume becomes exponentially more expensive.
By keeping the unhealthy alive longer we consume scarce resources that otherwise could be used to benefit everyone else.
An eye surgeon told me the other day that his patients' continually expanding life span,(made possible by diabetics, cancer survivors, etc. who previously would have been dead long before), have made him a fortune because they create the need for even more cataract surgeries and other procedures. He also said that his cardiac surgeon friends' incomes are exploding because their patients don't die as early as they used to, and instead continue to live and require stints, by-passes, and other very lucrative invasive procedures.
We are all going to die, and ironically, those who care for their health the most carefully, will cost us all the most.
Sounds like the capitalism way.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You Sir, are a genius.
Boring.
Hypocrites

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Jive Talker wrote:
<quoted text>
Say isn't there something in the Bible about the body being the "Temple of Christ"? I don't think he likes all that smoke in there.
First of all being a fat slob is far worse then smoking, it has been proven over and over and to you bible thumper "Go would not like smoke in the body"
Does God care if a man is taking a d+ck up the as+ because he is gay??
You churchie people are OK with that as long as they give 10%.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Hypocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all being a fat slob is far worse then smoking, it has been proven over and over and to you bible thumper "Go would not like smoke in the body"
What if you are a fat slob and a smoker....
The Jokes on You

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Hypocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally don't know any "church people" who are OK with homosexuality. But I know a lot who love the sinner and hate the sin.
Hypocrite

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

The Jokes on You wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally don't know any "church people" who are OK with homosexuality. But I know a lot who love the sinner and hate the sin.
OH, I got it, you thumpers can do each others wives, drink when out of town, screw someone in a business transaction and you hate the sin but love the sinner!?!??
What the hell happened to God who don't want smoke in someones body, does God think its OK to be 50-100lbs over weight for his little Temple.
I'd rather have lunch with a excon then a thumper.
Excon

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Hypocrite wrote:
<quoted text>

While you are lunching with my excon room-mate I will be looting your home. thanks!
Yup

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

The Jokes on You wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to break your bubble but homosexuals more then likely belong to most churches here
You work with them and don't know it.
If you were in the military you served with them.
Time to let it go.
hmmm

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jive Talker wrote:
<quoted text>
True. God gave us brains enough to not step in front of a moving vehicle and to not put things into our body which are harmful.
Cigarettes at one point in time were portrayed to be healthy for people...course that was the governments opinion, when they were/are collecting the taxes from cig. sales..
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Hypocrite wrote:
<quoted text>OH, I got it, you thumpers can do each others wives, drink when out of town, screw someone in a business transaction and you hate the sin but love the sinner!?!??
What the hell happened to God who don't want smoke in someones body, does God think its OK to be 50-100lbs over weight for his little Temple.
Great post.

Don't agree with everything in it, but gotta say long ago I learned the rules don't apply to zealots.

It's ok to lie, cheat, and steal if your doing it to further your particular gods work,(of course which just happens to profit you too); and
it's ok to kidnap, torture, and assassinate if your "defending the homeland",(of course if the other guy does that defending his homeland he's a war criminal).

“Hypocrisy is the lubricant of society.”
David Hull
Mostly listening

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Yes, it depends on what side you are on and have formed your correct or incorrect Informed Opinion.
Hypocrite

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Excon wrote:
<quoted text>
While you are lunching with my excon room-mate I will be looting your home. thanks!
AND I would have much more respect for you looting my home, then some preacher that makes his living sucking the money out of old people and the helpless.
The Jokes on You

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Hypocrite wrote:
<quoted text>
AND I would have much more respect for you looting my home, then some preacher that makes his living sucking the money out of old people and the helpless.
Where do you live?
Hypocrite

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

The Jokes on You wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you live?
Blairsville.
The Jokes on You

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Hypocrite wrote:
<quoted text>
Blairsville.
Please just leave the back door unlocked, that way, I won't have to break any glass and make a mess when I loot your home. Thanks.
Hypocrite

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

OK, we never lock it anyways, as we don't live next to any preachers, so were safe.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Hypocrite wrote:
OK, we never lock it anyways, as we don't live next to any preachers, so were safe.
Touché
UC female

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Really wrote:
Why weren't drinkers included?
Drinker account for appro. 75% of american. Most are closet drinker and keep it from there neigbors.
The Jokes on You

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

UC female wrote:
<quoted text>Drinker account for appro. 75% of american. Most are closet drinker and keep it from there neigbors.
Yep, I drink tea every day.(But never in a closet)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of42
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Blairsville Forum right now

Search the Blairsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 40 min Synergy 47,904
floridiots love to destroy the land 2 hr Jimbo 3
BRMEMC New manager? 2 hr White and Blue 21
Delinquent finance reports to the state 2 hr Jimbo 2
Super Gary Steppe Union Schools wants Pay raise 3 hr crazy 13
em county boys sure does love em some Hurddle H... 3 hr apple 3
Farmers Market Rip-Off 6 hr Just a Thought 2
•••
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs