Do you think that Lamar is guilty of wrong doing?

Created by Its me on Jan 21, 2011

9,278 votes

Click on an option to vote

YES

NO

First Prev
of 47
Next Last
Its me

Alto, GA

#1 Jan 21, 2011
You don't have to comment just vote. Just like to know what you all think.
Reb

Jefferson, GA

#2 Jan 21, 2011
Lamar will be calling everyone to get on here and vote for him. I think it is great.
logan

Middleton, WI

#3 Jan 21, 2011
lamar is not guilty u idiots. yall r just jealous cause he has i higher position than u. oh yeah and can someone b guilty of something that has not even went to court yet get a life
Yea or Nay

Palm Bay, FL

#4 Jan 21, 2011
Bad part of Topix polls, all he has to do is have someone set at a computer and every hour or so hit the No button. Polls are not controlled in any way.
logan

Middleton, WI

#5 Jan 21, 2011
hey yea or nay then dont vote who cares what u think lamar is good person having to deal with some people in this county
ACOG

Dawsonville, GA

#6 Jan 21, 2011
Its me wrote:
You don't have to comment just vote. Just like to know what you all think.
It all depends on which side of the payroll you are on. But, I vote YES!
Its me

Alto, GA

#7 Jan 21, 2011
ACOG wrote:
<quoted text>
It all depends on which side of the payroll you are on. But, I vote YES!
I voted yes too.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#8 Jan 21, 2011
I really don't think he is doing wrong from the legal standpoint. People may even agree with the other points on Topix: Here is a summary of the post about Liemar from MTV and ACOG.

He's spending a lot of money and paying people for SPLOST projects which puts $$$$$ back into the local economy. He put a lot of people to work for a while, especially those in the grading business.

He borrowed a lot of money to pay for SPLOST, now, so we don't have to wait for the next 5 years for projects to be completed.

He spent more on the SPLOST projects than were estimated. Is that a crime?

He's defensive.

He holds a grudge.

He's vindictive.

He isn't nice to those who criticize and him. So, he holds public records for as long as he can, just to get even with those who don't like him.

He threw ACOG out of the office. ACOG seems to want to take permanent residence in the courthouse. Perhaps, it was so people could do their work.

I don't think he is going to jail for any of the above "he done me wrong" crimes.

Send him to jail if you can.
If who is better cannot step up to the plate I will vote for the man.
Reb

Jefferson, GA

#9 Jan 21, 2011
Phil Good wrote:
I really don't think he is doing wrong from the legal standpoint. People may even agree with the other points on Topix: Here is a summary of the post about Liemar from MTV and ACOG.
He's spending a lot of money and paying people for SPLOST projects which puts $$$$$ back into the local economy. He put a lot of people to work for a while, especially those in the grading business.
He borrowed a lot of money to pay for SPLOST, now, so we don't have to wait for the next 5 years for projects to be completed.
He spent more on the SPLOST projects than were estimated. Is that a crime?
He's defensive.
He holds a grudge.
He's vindictive.
He isn't nice to those who criticize and him. So, he holds public records for as long as he can, just to get even with those who don't like him.
He threw ACOG out of the office. ACOG seems to want to take permanent residence in the courthouse. Perhaps, it was so people could do their work.
I don't think he is going to jail for any of the above "he done me wrong" crimes.
Send him to jail if you can.
If who is better cannot step up to the plate I will vote for the man.
He didn't bid the work and allow all the contractors a chance at the work. That is illegal. He paid a NC contractor the lion's share of the Suches Gym and did not give all the info requested by open records. That is illegal He borrowed a lot of money that we have to pay back. He holds public records for as long as he can trying to cover his azz. That is illegal. The courthouse does not belong to Paris. We allow him to sit there. He has no right to throw anyone out of the courthouse or the commissioner's office. As for as being vindictive, Well that is just what is going to be his downfall. Do you think a smart person couldn't use that to finish him off. Next time he tries to show his great authority may be the time someone is watching. He will go to jail when all of his antics are discovered. I just hope a lot of his cronies go with him.
Any opinion welcomed

Cleveland, GA

#10 Jan 21, 2011
Phil Good wrote:
I really don't think he is doing wrong from the legal standpoint.
Do you think that Georgia law says any public works project $100,000 or more must be let out for bids?

Do you think that Georgia law says that the bid must go to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder?

I'm simply asking for thoughtful opinions on the two questions, be it yes or no. There's always the possibility that some may be misinterpreting the law, if any such law exists. What's ya'll's opinion. Let's have a robust expression of opinion.
wth

Zephyrhills, FL

#12 Jan 22, 2011
Where is the Suches Gym? I didn't even know there was a "Suches Gym!" Sounds like to me we are talking about a building that doesn't even exist. I think that Woody Gap School has a gym, which belongs to the school system. So, what are we really talking about here?
Info

Palm Bay, FL

#13 Jan 22, 2011
wth wrote:
Where is the Suches Gym? I didn't even know there was a "Suches Gym!" Sounds like to me we are talking about a building that doesn't even exist. I think that Woody Gap School has a gym, which belongs to the school system. So, what are we really talking about here?
I believe the proper name is the Suches Community Center and it was built across the street from the school.
MSG

Richlands, VA

#14 Jan 22, 2011
Seems like the county would run a notice in some papers, not just in the county proposing to accept bids upon a particular project. Then the county would compare bids and inspect the bidding contractors credentials. Then the lowest bid from a company certified to do the project would be the one approved. In the fairness to the taxpayers the people overseeing a project for the county should be getting the project done properly for the least amount of money. To say the county should pay more to use local contractors does not speak of fairness for the taxpayers furnishing the funds. It should not be goverments role to stimulate the ecomomy. It should be goverments role to do what is best for those who are furnishing the funds, the citizens paying the taxes.
Truth hurts sometimes

Dahlonega, GA

#15 Jan 22, 2011
Reb wrote:
<quoted text>He didn't bid the work and allow all the contractors a chance at the work. That is illegal. He paid a NC contractor the lion's share of the Suches Gym and did not give all the info requested by open records. That is illegal He borrowed a lot of money that we have to pay back. He holds public records for as long as he can trying to cover his azz. That is illegal. The courthouse does not belong to Paris. We allow him to sit there. He has no right to throw anyone out of the courthouse or the commissioner's office. As for as being vindictive, Well that is just what is going to be his downfall. Do you think a smart person couldn't use that to finish him off. Next time he tries to show his great authority may be the time someone is watching. He will go to jail when all of his antics are discovered. I just hope a lot of his cronies go with him.
What kind of work do you do?
MSG

Richlands, VA

#16 Jan 22, 2011
If a proper bidding process was not followed on a particular taxpayer funded project then the integrity of the project and the persons overseeing the project should be called into question. The purpose of a proper bidding process is to insure that the taxpayers are getting the project they are funding done properly at the least amount of cost to the taxpayers.
State Laws

Cleveland, GA

#17 Jan 22, 2011
MSG wrote:
Seems like the county would run a notice in some papers, not just in the county proposing to accept bids upon a particular project. Then the county would compare bids and inspect the bidding contractors credentials. Then the lowest bid from a company certified to do the project would be the one approved. In the fairness to the taxpayers the people overseeing a project for the county should be getting the project done properly for the least amount of money. To say the county should pay more to use local contractors does not speak of fairness for the taxpayers furnishing the funds. It should not be goverments role to stimulate the ecomomy. It should be goverments role to do what is best for those who are furnishing the funds, the citizens paying the taxes.
Check some other posts on several topics and you'll find references and excerpts from Georgia law that says any county public works project $100,000 must be bid upon and the bid must go to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder. The law also states that it is illegal to sub-divide the projects to get under the $100,000.
State Laws

Cleveland, GA

#18 Jan 22, 2011
State Laws wrote:
<quoted text>
Check some other posts on several topics and you'll find references and excerpts from Georgia law that says any county public works project $100,000 must be bid upon and the bid must go to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder. The law also states that it is illegal to sub-divide the projects to get under the $100,000.
It should say, any county public works project $100,000 or more must go out for bids.
MSG

Richlands, VA

#19 Jan 22, 2011
State Laws wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what you are saying is that a proper bidding process according to state law was not followed. So if this is true not only was the best interest of the taxpayers funding the projects not followed, but by not conducting a bidding process that the individual in charge of said county project is in violation of state law. And now only is it a violation of state law, but the integrity of the person in charge of the project, and the project itself could be called into question.
State Laws

Cleveland, GA

#20 Jan 22, 2011
MSG wrote:
<quoted text>Then what you are saying is that a proper bidding process according to state law was not followed. So if this is true not only was the best interest of the taxpayers funding the projects not followed, but by not conducting a bidding process that the individual in charge of said county project is in violation of state law. And now only is it a violation of state law, but the integrity of the person in charge of the project, and the project itself could be called into question.
I've not said it wasn't followed, only quoted the law and sometimes but forth a question. Maybe I don't understand the law. I've quoted the law and leave the conclusions to others. I'm very careful when posting in not accusing anyone, public official or otherwise, of breaking the law since I could be misinterpreting the law and since I don't know enough of the details of any these topics to accuse anyone of illegal activity. I have opinions on most subjects, but you know what they say about opinions.
Reb

Jefferson, GA

#21 Jan 22, 2011
Truth hurts sometimes wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of work do you do?
Work???? Your kidding me. I have never had to work cause the Gubmint supports me and the rest of the inbreds that live in this shack. I just biotch about things having to do with places I don't even live while my wife,or sister,keeps popping out puppies and I keep gettin them ADC checks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 47
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local MD in jail? 3 hr DOA 95
Crazy Floridiots 3 hr Timmy_ 18
Democratic Party - Anti Christian 6 hr Moses 33
boycott mike's seafood till he takes orders at ... (Mar '11) 6 hr Bears Wat 248
Floridiot Obama supporters disrespecting disabl... 8 hr Seriously No More... 3
Endless Contempt 15 hr Just a Thought 2
EMC Makes Channel 2 news (Apr '14) 19 hr Another day in th... 238
More from around the web

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE