First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Marilyn

Byron, GA

#22 Jul 21, 2014
ethics wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, how are you going to prove they are absolutely addicted and not taking them to deal with their diagnosis? Second of all, I would say that the majority of people who receive disability due to injury are taking some kind of prescription pain medication regularly. So, no, it would not do any good to report them.
Maybe you think you are right, however, its difficult to see a relative die who is much younger than I. Collecting every kind of prescription in the market is normal maybe in your thinking. I am no medical professional but if conversations with this person are difficult due to their slurred speech, anger outbursts, stay in bed all the time, and never having a quality of life outing. Its probably just my fault and never the pain management center. I am wrong for thinking life exists outside of a darkened room. Your input is just what I expected.
ethics

Eastaboga, AL

#23 Jul 21, 2014
Marilyn wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you think you are right, however, its difficult to see a relative die who is much younger than I. Collecting every kind of prescription in the market is normal maybe in your thinking. I am no medical professional but if conversations with this person are difficult due to their slurred speech, anger outbursts, stay in bed all the time, and never having a quality of life outing. Its probably just my fault and never the pain management center. I am wrong for thinking life exists outside of a darkened room. Your input is just what I expected.
I understand. Really, I do. The problem lies with the diagnosis and you being able to prove addiction rather than side effects that come from a medication prescribed by at least a partially government employed DR. I know it's frustrating and I wasn't meaning to come across as discouraging. That is just how the system works for the most part. You have to prove abuse vs. actual need. I also know that just because we (the family) may not see the illness and rather see the individual we've always known, doesn't mean there isn't a need for medical intervention. I know it's a hard adjustment, and I'm not saying that your loved one isn't addicted. When you're dealing with disability issues, the family is rather limited. That is unless you have the monetary means to get them to highly experienced professionals. Hence the problem with public disability.
Marilyn

Byron, GA

#24 Jul 21, 2014
ethics wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. Really, I do. The problem lies with the diagnosis and you being able to prove addiction rather than side effects that come from a medication prescribed by at least a partially government employed DR. I know it's frustrating and I wasn't meaning to come across as discouraging. That is just how the system works for the most part. You have to prove abuse vs. actual need. I also know that just because we (the family) may not see the illness and rather see the individual we've always known, doesn't mean there isn't a need for medical intervention. I know it's a hard adjustment, and I'm not saying that your loved one isn't addicted. When you're dealing with disability issues, the family is rather limited. That is unless you have the monetary means to get them to highly experienced professionals. Hence the problem with public disability.
Very intelligent. No I don't have means. The person is self knowledge of everything out there and like I said crafty. I am prepared as well as a person can be to see them die.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John F Kennedy 13 min ivy log leonard 1
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 59 min Bob 201
Remove Benny Erwin as Coroner 3 hr Ballerina1309 49
boycott mike's seafood till he takes orders at ... (Mar '11) Sat Good grub 251
Sheriff Race Sat jimbo 2 23
Union Hospital Authority Board should resign Sat No Cook 117
3-1 Mason over Wood Sat Inquiring minds 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages