Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Jul 21, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Justice

Jasper, GA

#1 Apr 15, 2013
Anyone have the contact information to report disability fraud? Seems to be everywhere and needs to be reported. Thanks for any information anyone can provide.
Lucifer

Griffin, GA

#2 Apr 15, 2013
Justice wrote:
Anyone have the contact information to report disability fraud? Seems to be everywhere and needs to be reported. Thanks for any information anyone can provide.
The hotline number is 1-800-269-0271 and online site is http://oig.ssa.gov/ I sincerely hope this is helpful!
For your information

Commerce, GA

#3 Apr 16, 2013
Justice wrote:
Being disabled doesn't mean you can't work. You are allowed to work but for every 2.00 you earn SSI takes one dollar. Be careful as people with disabilities are a protected class under the civil rights protection act. And you could be sued by that party especially if you aren't well versed on this act.
DTA

Willcox, AZ

#5 May 25, 2013
This is a joke and makes me SICK!!! Cause there are to many people out there taking advantage of the system.
Spencer

Twinsburg, OH

#6 May 25, 2013
For your information wrote:
<quoted text>
Being disabled doesn't mean you can't work. You are allowed to work but for every 2.00 you earn SSI takes one dollar. Be careful as people with disabilities are a protected class under the civil rights protection act. And you could be sued by that party especially if you aren't well versed on this act.
Very true. In our country, because there are 2 lawyers for every 3 citizens, you can be sued for just about anything.
some information

Hilton Head Island, SC

#7 May 25, 2013
<quoted text>
From ssa.gov website

http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/answers/detai...
Addie

Hollywood, FL

#8 May 25, 2013
I know a man here that works and gets money under the table and collects because of health issues .
I called and reported . I just started this because it is stealing
Also , calling and reporting people that are getting peachcare , food stamps, and other entitlements that I feel is abuse. It is then the agencies investigate to see if the person is abusing system.
These people having been lying and getting money they don't deserve. Some will be paying back . I will continue to report you.
Addie

Hollywood, FL

#9 May 25, 2013
877-423-4746 Fraud number for GA
UC Voter

Dahlonega, GA

#10 May 25, 2013
Addie wrote:
I know a man here that works and gets money under the table and collects because of health issues .
I called and reported . I just started this because it is stealing
Also , calling and reporting people that are getting peachcare , food stamps, and other entitlements that I feel is abuse. It is then the agencies investigate to see if the person is abusing system.
These people having been lying and getting money they don't deserve. Some will be paying back . I will continue to report you.
Wow! You are a bundle of joy. I just read your comment about "trash in yards."

Ever thought about volunteering or doing something useful with your time and not minding everyone else's business?
Really

Murphy, NC

#11 May 25, 2013
UC Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever thought about volunteering or doing something useful with your time and not minding everyone else's business?
Maybe Addie is sick of paying for people to sit on their asses, like a lot of us who work are.
Georgia Idiots

Alto, GA

#12 May 25, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Addie is sick of paying for people to sit on their asses, like a lot of us who work are.
I do not agree on cheating the system but when someone judges just by looks or hear say then it is wrong and they are as guilty as the person who may be cheating. If this person has no actual facts then they should mind their own business. You cannot always tell by outward appearance why a person is on disability. Person's on disability can also work to a certain extent. Just saying no one should have to worry about being reported by someone that doesn't have the facts. Just be sure. You also may work but in a blink of an eye you also one day may find yourself needing disability then how would you feel if someone says you don't need it when you actually do and they have no idea why...It is very easy for those who are healthy to put down those who are not and actually need help. You never really know another person's story.
Wen

United States

#13 May 25, 2013
Georgia Idiots wrote:
<quoted text> I do not agree on cheating the system but when someone judges just by looks or hear say then it is wrong and they are as guilty as the person who may be cheating. If this person has no actual facts then they should mind their own business. You cannot always tell by outward appearance why a person is on disability. Person's on disability can also work to a certain extent. Just saying no one should have to worry about being reported by someone that doesn't have the facts. Just be sure. You also may work but in a blink of an eye you also one day may find yourself needing disability then how would you feel if someone says you don't need it when you actually do and they have no idea why...It is very easy for those who are healthy to put down those who are not and actually need help. You never really know another person's story.
So the proper authorities will decide. The government encourages citizen to report people "SUSPECTED " of fraud . If someone isn't committing fraud then there is no problem. I do think a person should question if a person is committing fraud when they see them working and collecting benefits did by side. If more people get involved we will be much better off. I'm going to start reporting people now. Sick of freeloaders. People that deserve the funds I have no problem!
Go for it

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#14 May 26, 2013
I totally agree. If they are sincerely disabled then they deserve it, if not then get out there and work like the rest of us. I know of numerous people around here collecting and working under the table. They also get several thousand back from Uncle Sam every year. All they do is have someone 10-99 their child, then the child claims them as a dependent, along with the earned income tax credit. It amazes me.
Watching

Hollywood, FL

#15 May 26, 2013
Go for it wrote:
I totally agree. If they are sincerely disabled then they deserve it, if not then get out there and work like the rest of us. I know of numerous people around here collecting and working under the table. They also get several thousand back from Uncle Sam every year. All they do is have someone 10-99 their child, then the child claims them as a dependent, along with the earned income tax credit. It amazes me.
Start dailing.
Investigators are waiting on calls.
Fed up!
Call the IRS ,georiga food stamp fraud & social security. Let us all band together to help movitvate
thiefs to work .

I take tag numbers ,watch where they bank, eat , things they purchase like boats, new cars, etc.
I then send this information to the fraud department of GA.
Sometimesit takes a while but people do get busted for fraud.
All for those that need help so don't want to hear carp about people that need!
Pops

Lutz, FL

#16 May 27, 2013
UC Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be collecting ! What's wrong with standing up for the right thing. No one is interested in the people that are deserving. Just the cheaters and it is the business of every American that pays into the system . Money that we have earned. I for one am sick and tire of supporting freeloaders and lazy people. We do have many people that don't care because instead of working for minimum wage that would rather sit on Their rumps. It's not right. So The think this person has the right to speak out . I agree with Addie or whoever it my be. Get a job and if you can't afford children don't have them.
Zoro

Blue Ridge, GA

#17 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes i know but dont agree, if your truly disabled you shouldn't be able to draw from SS or VA administration i know people doing this working every day my opinion not right.
JustNotRight

Blairsville, GA

#18 Aug 4, 2013
I know someone living in a different state but come to Blairsville GA to collect there pills n see there doc already went to jail for prescription fraud did 3 yrs and is now trying to get ssi in GA while living in RI and now she has her brother coming here doing the same what is wrong with this picture and why hasn't anyone picked up on it yet her probation officer knows she doesn't live in GA
ABBC

Murphy, NC

#19 Aug 8, 2013
They can't help it.
Marilyn

Clarkesville, GA

#20 Jul 21, 2014
If a person is addicted to prescription meds while receiving disability, would it do any good to report them. Is most of America like this?
ethics

Alexander City, AL

#21 Jul 21, 2014
Marilyn wrote:
If a person is addicted to prescription meds while receiving disability, would it do any good to report them. Is most of America like this?
First of all, how are you going to prove they are absolutely addicted and not taking them to deal with their diagnosis? Second of all, I would say that the majority of people who receive disability due to injury are taking some kind of prescription pain medication regularly. So, no, it would not do any good to report them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 36 min The WB 53,586
Steve's Steakhouse Cookie Jar 1 hr PARRIS 88
Outlet Mall coming to Blairsville ? 1 hr I Hate Whiners 21
Where is Georgia's Transparency?????? 4 hr ACOG 5
Union Counties OVER CROWED JAIL 4 hr PARRIS 160
Wake up floridiots Naming your driveway is stupid. 5 hr TIMMIDIOT 8
brmemc 5 hr TIMMIDIOT 258
Living in Union County/Blairsville (Feb '07) 13 hr Mavis in Blairsville 302
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs