Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

The last couple of days we have seen a flurry of attacks against Acog who has given us the only truth which has been backed by actual documents this county has had. I believe that if you are going to try and discredit this group you should furnish proof to back up what you say as they have given proof of what they say about our local Govt. It amazes me that attacks against Ms. Pittman have been as to her appearance and what where I have never seen her refer to Paris as a little Bald headed twerp. Personal attacks generally come when you have nothing else to throw. If you have something let us see it. Otherwise why not just sit and be quiet and pretend you have an average intelligence level instead of the low one you have.
observer

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Citizens need to question and monitor their government, or bad things have been known to happen. We shouldn't be criticizing them, we probably should be paying them.
mirror mirror

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Just a thought wrote:
The last couple of days we have seen a flurry of attacks against Acog who has given us the only truth which has been backed by actual documents this county has had. I believe that if you are going to try and discredit this group you should furnish proof to back up what you say as they have given proof of what they say about our local Govt. It amazes me that attacks against Ms. Pittman have been as to her appearance and what where I have never seen her refer to Paris as a little Bald headed twerp. Personal attacks generally come when you have nothing else to throw. If you have something let us see it. Otherwise why not just sit and be quiet and pretend you have an average intelligence level instead of the low one you have.
The more people are aware of ACOGs nastiness, there will be more and more attacks. She is supported by a handful of moonbats. Lamar's re-election should have given you a clue.

Get use to the attacks because they will continue as she as attacked everything about the county and people who live here.
mirror mirror

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Oh, when people like ACOG and MV take pride in destroying people's reputation on TOPIX, attempting to get people fired, snooping in personal files, listening to gossip and believing everyone from the groundskeeper to the firemen are dishonest, there will be nothing more than hatred for these two.
Extra

Clarkesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Lamar's spending of splosh money is what got him re elected--It was all the folks and families living off taxpayers that voted for him.
Just like the Esplosh folks who want that voted in again. They want the waste and foolish spending to continue because it is income to them.

Astro Truf? Really?
mirror mirror wrote:
<quoted text>
The more people are aware of ACOGs nastiness, there will be more and more attacks. She is supported by a handful of moonbats. Lamar's re-election should have given you a clue.
Get use to the attacks because they will continue as she as attacked everything about the county and people who live here.
mirror mirror

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Not to mention the sarcasm and insults about the things we love dearly in Blairsville: our golf course, the horse arena, the farmer's market, and so much more. Those of us who live here take pride in those extras. If you don't, that is your personal problem, not the community's.
Just a thought

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

mirror mirror wrote:
Not to mention the sarcasm and insults about the things we love dearly in Blairsville: our golf course, the horse arena, the farmer's market, and so much more. Those of us who live here take pride in those extras. If you don't, that is your personal problem, not the community's.
Do you have any Documentation to back up your theory that everyone is in agreement with what you say? This bull shit about Lamar winning an election is hog wash. A unknown newcomer got a lot of votes against your hero. Imagine what someone who was well known could have done. It will happen next election whether that election be next year or in 2016. I'm Banking on next year.
Extra

Clarkesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

I have watched as sheriffs, commissioners and other went to prison.
I have in the last year seen two superior courts judges snatched off the bench.
I watched as tax collectors were finally sent to jail.
It is a different world we live in. What would work just two years ago will no longer be tolerated.

BTW-The multi million dollar market is "Blairsville Flea Market"
no mater how much you think this is a farming community.It is not.
mirror mirror wrote:
mirror mirror

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Here's the kicker folks.
People make mistakes. Where is the forgiveness? Nope. The misfits are determined to tear these people apart to shame Paris. That is all this is about. Lamar. Nothing else.

MV has a criminal record, but that doesn't seem to matter to ACOG, but she'll go for blood after someone else. Imagine if MV worked for the county or Lamar and she got wind of MV's background?

These advocates for clean government claim to be good Christians, but only when it suits them and their cause. There cause is taking down Lamar.

ACOG and MV have stepped on too many people's toes and they will NEVER be accepted. I don't need to justify what I write with facts. I know what people say.
keeping one eye open

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

In July 2010, when two Los Angeles Times reporters, Jeff Gottlieb and Ruben Vives, were investigating possible malfeasance in the neighboring city of Maywood, it was revealed that Bell city (pop. 35,477) officials were receiving unusually large salaries, perhaps the highest in the nation. The salaries came into the public eye after a Los Angeles Times investigation, based on California Public Records Act requests, showed the city payroll was swollen with six- to seven-figure salaries. The city manager Robert Rizzo received $787,637 a year (almost double the salary of the President of the United States). Including benefits, he received $1.5 million in the last year. Rizzo's assistant Angela Spaccia, was earning $376,288 a year, more than the top administrator for Los Angeles County. The police chief, Randy Adams, was paid $457,000, 33% more the Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck. All three resigned following news reports and public outcry. All but one of the members of the city council were receiving $100,000 for their part-time work, salaries which were authorized by a special election, giving the city Charter status. Council members in cities similar to Bell in size make an average of $4,800 a year, prosecutors have noted.
On September 15, 2010, the California Attorney General's office filed a lawsuit against eight former and current employees, requesting the return of what the suit calls "excessive salaries" as well a reduction in pension benefits accrued as a result of those higher salaries. Allegations about problems in the 2009 election also have been examined by the FBI and California Secretary of State office. The city's high property taxes are also being investigated. On September 21, 2010, former city manager Robert Rizzo, Mayor Oscar Hernandez, former assistant city manager Angela Spaccia and council members George Mirabal, Teresa Jacobo, Luis Artiga, George Cole and Victor Bello were arrested and charged with misappropriation of public funds. The mayor and council members retain their posts pending conviction or recall.
The revelations about the salary amounts paid to city officials in Bell have to led media inquires into salaries paid in other cities. After a review, the L.A. Times found frequent failures in audits of public agencies in other municipalities in California.
Charges to Be Decided by California Jury
By Edvard Pettersson & Maurice Possley - Feb 20, 2013 6:08 PM ET
Six former officials of Bell, California, will have their fate decided by a jury as a trial comes to an end over allegations they looted public funds from the Latino, blue-collar suburb of Los Angeles.
Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney Edward Miller said today in his closing argument that the former city council members put themselves above the law by awarding themselves lavish salaries for sitting on boards that either never or hardly ever met.
“This was a city turned upside down by a culture of corruption,” Miller told jurors in state court in downtown Los Angeles.“These defendants did not have the residents of Bell at the top of their chart. The electorate was at the bottom.”
Oscar Hernandez, 65, Teresa Jacobo, 55, George Mirabal, 63, Luis Artiga, 52, George Cole, 63, and Victor Bello, 54, are accused of misappropriating about $1.2 million in public funds by getting paid almost $8,000 a month for attending board meetings that prosecutors said never took place or lasted only a few minutes.
The trial doesn’t include former city manager Robert Rizzo, who was charged with 53 counts of misappropriation and conflict of interest and accused of giving about $1.9 million in unauthorized loans to himself and others. Rizzo and former assistant city manager Angela Spaccia will be tried in a separate case.
keeping one eye open

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

AP/ February 21, 2013, 4:15 PM
Ex-Bell, Calif., Mayor Oscar Hernandez too uneducated to know his actions were illegal, lawyer says
LOS ANGELES The unschooled and illiterate former mayor of the scandal-ridden suburban city of Bell had no training that would have alerted him that his huge salary was illegal, his lawyer told a jury in closing arguments Thursday.
Former Mayor Oscar Hernandez didn't have a college or high school degree and didn't even finish elementary school, defense attorney Stanley Friedmand said.
Hernandez is among six former Bell city officials on trial for allegedly misappropriating funds. He was earning just under $100,000 a year for the part-time job.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Extra wrote:
...no mater how much you think this is a farming community.It is not.
<quoted text>
Thank you for this insight.
That slow moving moving farm tractor
must be an appiriation.

And when they spread the chicken litter,
O' de Spring Fragrance,
I'll know we're not a farming community.
Shark Infested Waters

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Extra wrote:
I have watched as sheriffs, commissioners and other went to prison.
I have in the last year seen two superior courts judges snatched off the bench.
I watched as tax collectors were finally sent to jail.
It is a different world we live in. What would work just two years ago will no longer be tolerated.
BTW-The multi million dollar market is "Blairsville Flea Market"
no mater how much you think this is a farming community.It is not.
<quoted text>
Seems like every time I've been to the Farmer's Market 95% of the stalls were occupied by farmers selling produce. Sure, there are some crafters selling locally-made hand crafts, but that's OK by me. And obviously a huge number of people agree - the place is packed each and every Saturday. Keep whining and crying... no on is paying much attention to you...
Just a thought

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Shark Infested Waters wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like every time I've been to the Farmer's Market 95% of the stalls were occupied by farmers selling produce. Sure, there are some crafters selling locally-made hand crafts, but that's OK by me. And obviously a huge number of people agree - the place is packed each and every Saturday. Keep whining and crying... no on is paying much attention to you...
Well Bo BO their is always more crafters than farmers. Someone needs to do an open records on just how much the salaries and upkeep of the market versus what it brings in. Bet it would not cover the debt service on a Million Bucks.
Spelling Error

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for this insight.
That slow moving moving farm tractor
must be an appiriation.
And when they spread the chicken litter,
O' de Spring Fragrance,
I'll know we're not a farming community.
you've gotten dumb since moving to Murphy.
Applause please

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

If Union County Gov representatives have nothing to hide, then why do people get so fired up? Every attack I see against ACOG & MV makes me think the poster(s) has knowledge of corruption, and is tired of their family member, or friend being in fear of being caught. I applaud both ACOG & MV for their efforts, and look forward to hearing the outcome.
Not Your Goat

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

mirror mirror wrote:
Here's the kicker folks.
People make mistakes. Where is the forgiveness? Nope. The misfits are determined to tear these people apart to shame Paris. That is all this is about. Lamar. Nothing else.
MV has a criminal record, but that doesn't seem to matter to ACOG, but she'll go for blood after someone else. Imagine if MV worked for the county or Lamar and she got wind of MV's background?
These advocates for clean government claim to be good Christians, but only when it suits them and their cause. There cause is taking down Lamar.
ACOG and MV have stepped on too many people's toes and they will NEVER be accepted. I don't need to justify what I write with facts. I know what people say.
Well I am sure they would leave Paris alone if he would quit breaking the law but he hasn't so they won't. Open and transparent Government is what I and many like me want. We want a different form of County Government such as Council and County Manager. Evil will triumph when "Good men do nothing".
Jimbo

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Not Your Goat wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I am sure they would leave Paris alone if he would quit breaking the law but he hasn't so they won't. Open and transparent Government is what I and many like me want. We want a different form of County Government such as Council and County Manager. Evil will triumph when "Good men do nothing".
Our County is corrupt or ACOG and MV would not get to 1st base instead of gaining strength. It is a shame for people of this county to silently sit by and let them fight their fight but that has become the American Way.
Knowledge is Power

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Applause please wrote:
If Union County Gov representatives have nothing to hide, then why do people get so fired up? Every attack I see against ACOG & MV makes me think the poster(s) has knowledge of corruption, and is tired of their family member, or friend being in fear of being caught. I applaud both ACOG & MV for their efforts, and look forward to hearing the outcome.
People get fired up because they are sick of hearing the lies about local government posted on topix. Like the campaign of lies and attack that was thrown at the probate judge....folks aren't stupid...they know there are personal agendas and perhaps are offended when they are called stupid because they dont agree with the accusations. They also know the only people this bunch is working for is for themselves. ACOG ( A Clan Of Greed). Simply stated.
-sigh-

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

The ACOG lady has all the symptoms of a hoarder.......as for a statue on the square, good, then the pigeons will somewhere to poop, instead of on the car's.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Blairsville Forum right now

Search the Blairsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 min Cbutt 50,337
mobile detailing (Dec '10) 8 hr Courtney Galler 8
Bank Closing 10 hr Is it true 22
Union County Development Authority 10 hr Thick headed 27
Lamar Pars/SPLOST/Revenue Bonds and lies he told (Sep '12) 12 hr commenting 179
BRMEMC bylaws 23 hr Thank you 2
your opinion on blairsville methadone clinic (Dec '09) 23 hr Lordee Be 151
•••
•••