women killed in boating accident on l...

women killed in boating accident on lake nottley

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
boodoodle

United States

#2 Sep 6, 2010
We formerly lived on a river .... you would not believe some of the crazy things people do with boats and on jet skis .... I'm surprised there's not more boating accidents.

I actually think jet skis should be outlawed as many people have no idea how to operate them correctly .... they do crazy things like getting too close to boats in order to splash people, doing crazy eights putting themselves and others in danger and just dumb, stupid things.
sad

Rome, GA

#3 Sep 6, 2010
that is so depressing. I'm sending her family many prayers.
buzz

Jefferson, GA

#4 Sep 6, 2010
boodoodle wrote:
We formerly lived on a river .... you would not believe some of the crazy things people do with boats and on jet skis .... I'm surprised there's not more boating accidents.
I actually think jet skis should be outlawed as many people have no idea how to operate them correctly .... they do crazy things like getting too close to boats in order to splash people, doing crazy eights putting themselves and others in danger and just dumb, stupid things.
You are such a nice Fellow.
Have some sympathy would ya.
No one asked for your opinion, whacko.
wondering

United States

#5 Sep 6, 2010
I had heard it was a man, was it actually a woman? Anyone know if she was local or someone visiting? So sad for the family, I always worry during summer holidays when people are on the lake because it seems there is always a drowning or boat accident somewhere in the state. I hope everyone makes it home safely today.
lucy

Fitzgerald, GA

#6 Sep 6, 2010
Condolences to the family.

Was the person that was killed someone locally or from out of town & here for the holiday?

Since: Jul 10

Blairsville, GA

#7 Sep 6, 2010
Boodoodle quote "We formerly lived on a river .... you would not believe some of the crazy things people do with boats and on jet skis .... I'm surprised there's not more boating accidents.

I actually think jet skis should be outlawed as many people have no idea how to operate them correctly .... they do crazy things like getting too close to boats in order to splash people, doing crazy eights putting themselves and others in danger and just dumb, stupid things."
buzz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a nice Fellow.
Have some sympathy would ya.
No one asked for your opinion, whacko.
Boo is not a fellow but an old hag who has to comment on most posts. I read the title and before looking, I wondered what she had to say about it since she has something to say about everything --- most of it crap.

My prayers go out to the family.
JDS

Sycamore, GA

#8 Sep 6, 2010
her family lived by cosy cove. and the driver of the boat was from ellijay

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#9 Sep 6, 2010
We were down by the lake and saw the rescue attempts, also heard it was a man....
They were in the middle of the lake, with full daylight. What a tragic thing, did they finally get someone there to find the body?
bob

Monroe, GA

#10 Sep 7, 2010
meower wrote:
We were down by the lake and saw the rescue attempts, also heard it was a man....
They were in the middle of the lake, with full daylight. What a tragic thing, did they finally get someone there to find the body?
We were 300 yards away when we heard the horrifying screams when they pulled the boat out and found the woman pinned to the bottom of the boat. We called 911, ran to help, and saw the horrible outcome. We will never forget those screams of anguish. What we are taking from this is that we all need to be careful on the lake whether driving a boat or a jet ski. I do wish there was a law that enforced knowledge of watercraft operation because far too many times inexperience drivers get hurt. Our sympathy goes out to the family.
intnlfa

Young Harris, GA

#11 Sep 7, 2010
The family has asked that these comments please be discontinued. They thank everyone for their prayers and concern.
boodoodle

United States

#12 Sep 7, 2010
bob wrote:
<quoted text> What we are taking from this is that we all need to be careful on the lake whether driving a boat or a jet ski. I do wish there was a law that enforced knowledge of watercraft operation because far too many times inexperience drivers get hurt. Our sympathy goes out to the family.
Exactly .... whose fault was it?
Robbie

Jefferson, GA

#13 Sep 7, 2010
boodoodle wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly .... whose fault was it?
What part of the post that the family wants this to stop didn't you understand, Fellow.
campergirl

Boynton Beach, FL

#14 Sep 7, 2010
Just the facts: On Sunday, around 7:45 at the campground, we were alerted by nearby campers that an accident had occurred at appx 7:30pm. A jetski had hit a boat near the front end. This was about the time the sun was setting on the water, so the sun could have easily been a factor as it was reflecting off the water very brightly at that time. A dive team, DNR, Union Co FD & Sherriff's Dept had all responded, but could not find the person. The jetski and boat were both towed to the campground boat ramp and upon trailering the boat, the woman's body was discovered and had been caught in the propeller. The details are far too gruesome to post, but it was a woman, and we were told that she was around 60 years old. Workers were on scene at the ramp until after midnight and had to use a crane to lift the boat from the trailer and remove the motor...
It is believed that her brother or brother-in-law lives on the lake and that it was his jetski, but they have not yet released the woman's name, or any additional info.
My step-dad and two of the men camping with us actually took our pontoon boat out to take some of the rescue workers to the scene, so believe me when I say, I probably know more about the situation than most of the people commenting. I also know that God is the only One who gives and takes away life, and there was a church group camping and one of the 16 year old girls with their group became a Christian as a result of this horrible accident. He can always bring glory and light to situations, and still does. As far as the woman's family, let's keep them in our prayers, and I do hope that she knew the Lord before this accident occurred.
boodoodle

United States

#15 Sep 7, 2010
Thank you campergirl .... I detest jet skis.
boodoodle

United States

#16 Sep 7, 2010
Robbie wrote:
<quoted text>What part of the post that the family wants this to stop didn't you understand, Fellow.
Sorry, but this is an open forum for discussion and many of those discussions are concerning accidents.
jvalles

Monroe, GA

#17 Sep 7, 2010
i work with the victim. So please no more gory details.
thank you
Lakehouse owner

Alpharetta, GA

#18 Sep 7, 2010
boodoodle wrote:
Thank you campergirl .... I detest jet skis.
You must blame the guns for killings too. Accidents do happen, but it isn't the waverunner, it is the driver who is responsible. Nottely has many blind corners, and as far as I have read there has been no determination of what actually happened, just the results.

My thoughts go to all parties.
jvalles

Monroe, GA

#19 Sep 7, 2010
campergirl wrote:
Just the facts: God is the only One who gives and takes away life, and there was a church group camping and one of the 16 year old girls with their group became a Christian as a result of this horrible accident. He can always bring glory and light to situations, and still does. As far as the woman's family, let's keep them in our prayers, and I do hope that she knew the Lord before this accident occurred.
by the way- I think she would be proud to know she changed the life of a 16yr old. Thank you for sharing this with us. Please pray for the victims family as they grieve. Also pray for the driver of the boat to work thru the grief too. Just a very sad accident.
Edgar

Jefferson, GA

#20 Sep 7, 2010
boodoodle wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but this is an open forum for discussion and many of those discussions are concerning accidents.
Hey, Fellow! Go away. You should be sorry for the family not interested in all the details. The person who reported the details is as demented as you are.

Since: Aug 10

Texarkana, TX

#21 Sep 7, 2010
boodoodle wrote:
<quoted text>
Have some respect you dumb ass, doodle. You are the internet's version of the bloodthirsty rubbernecking freaks who get off on staring at accidents. You are one sick fruitcake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Copeland's Burgers & Southern Eats in Blairsville 34 min slowpok- chainsaw... 47
Hillybillys han Floridians (Oct '14) 3 hr Chainsaw Five 24
Why Do Liberal Women Hate Men? (Apr '12) 3 hr Chainsaw Five 374
You may be a floridian if. (Nov '08) 4 hr Chainsaw Five 233
Clown Sighting in Union County 4 hr College Money Con 7
Say YES to Malone! 7 hr Local 27
Black man's proposal 22 hr Timmy_ 11

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages