First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Missing in Action

Blairsville, GA

#1 Oct 21, 2013
I bet The Mountains Voice didn't show up at the SPLOST meeting tonight, did he? All talk and no action. I'd be surprised if ACOG showed up either.
Mom is boss

Blairsville, GA

#2 Oct 22, 2013
Mommy would not let him out of the house.
Disgusted

Demorest, GA

#3 Oct 22, 2013
Why would anyone want to go and hear all the lies Paris has to say. The man is a liar and anyone who is dumb enough to believe him is an idiot. Did you go?
Report Abuse

Dawsonville, GA

#4 Oct 22, 2013
Typical that the nay-sayers don't show up.
TOPIX is where you'll see them complain but they have no guts or real commitment to attend meetings.

I recently asked a neighbor who complained about something if he has ever in ten years attended a meeting. He said, "No." In my opinion, he has no voice in the matter if he can't get off his fat ass and drive to the courthouse once in ten years. I also reminded him that the commissioners office is open to the public.

It is easier to sit at home or at a computer and bitch.
my opinion

Blairsville, GA

#5 Oct 22, 2013
Report Abuse wrote:
Typical that the nay-sayers don't show up.
TOPIX is where you'll see them complain but they have no guts or real commitment to attend meetings.
I recently asked a neighbor who complained about something if he has ever in ten years attended a meeting. He said, "No." In my opinion, he has no voice in the matter if he can't get off his fat ass and drive to the courthouse once in ten years. I also reminded him that the commissioners office is open to the public.
It is easier to sit at home or at a computer and bitch.
Please don't confuse open and open-minded.
Just a thought

Demorest, GA

#6 Oct 22, 2013
Why don't everyone pick up a copy of the paper written by MV and read why going to a meeting is a waste of time. When dealing with a crook and corrupt politician your time is better spent figuring out how to get him out of office and out of you pocketbook. READ THE PAPER AND THEN DECIDE
Report Abuse

Dawsonville, GA

#7 Oct 22, 2013
So where were all the mouth-pieces?
I was waiting for someone outside to hand me the "publication" - didn't see anyone doing that.
no it is not easier

Toccoa, GA

#8 Oct 22, 2013
Report Abuse wrote:
Typical that the nay-sayers don't show up.
TOPIX is where you'll see them complain but they have no guts or real commitment to attend meetings.
I recently asked a neighbor who complained about something if he has ever in ten years attended a meeting. He said, "No." In my opinion, he has no voice in the matter if he can't get off his fat ass and drive to the courthouse once in ten years. I also reminded him that the commissioners office is open to the public.
It is easier to sit at home or at a computer and bitch.
...it is safer.
Going to a meeting and standing up asking questions means intimidation and further problems down the road. It is a sad situation. Pathetic too. Can't even make honest genuine comments at a meeting because there is a fear that it will come back, in some twisted local gov. fine or suit, threats of boycotts on business, or some other form of harassment. Things will remain the same. And until someone better comes along, Lamar is what we have...It could still be worse than it is now. Oh yeah, things can get a lot worse.
Just a thought

Maysville, GA

#9 Oct 23, 2013
Report Abuse wrote:
So where were all the mouth-pieces?
I was waiting for someone outside to hand me the "publication" - didn't see anyone doing that.
Grow up.
Rich Golfer

Dawsonville, GA

#10 Oct 23, 2013
no it is not easier wrote:
<quoted text>
...it is safer.
Going to a meeting and standing up asking questions means intimidation and further problems down the road. It is a sad situation. Pathetic too. Can't even make honest genuine comments at a meeting because there is a fear that it will come back, in some twisted local gov. fine or suit, threats of boycotts on business, or some other form of harassment. Things will remain the same. And until someone better comes along, Lamar is what we have...It could still be worse than it is now. Oh yeah, things can get a lot worse.
This makes me laugh. Peons with no backbone worrying about imaginery payback. Face it, TOPIX posters are too chicken to show their face. Bet none of you have been to a meeting and that is why one person wants it televised. Stay in your hole and you will be buried.

The "masterpiece" publication isn't being taken seriously. People in this town know that a group has been harrassing Lamar from day one. I saw the handful of publications in a trash can at a local business. Guess that sums up what people think.
Pete

Toccoa, GA

#11 Oct 23, 2013
Got your paper yet ? Can YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ ? lAMAR`S VERY OWN WORDS .
ucv

Dahlonega, GA

#12 Oct 23, 2013
Rich Golfer wrote:
<quoted text>
This makes me laugh. Peons with no backbone worrying about imaginery payback. Face it, TOPIX posters are too chicken to show their face. Bet none of you have been to a meeting and that is why one person wants it televised. Stay in your hole and you will be buried.
The "masterpiece" publication isn't being taken seriously. People in this town know that a group has been harrassing Lamar from day one. I saw the handful of publications in a trash can at a local business. Guess that sums up what people think.
I don't think they are the ones that are scarred. Did you ever think that He was probably busy working on the next issue.
Complete Idiots

Blairsville, GA

#14 Oct 23, 2013
tmv post wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that right there is a smart fellow. I might add though that for the next 2 weeks solidly, I am simply focusing on more and more distribution of the 1st News Report.
www themountainsvoice com / news
How can you focus on distributing the first (and last) edition when mommy won't let you leave the house?
Will

Toccoa, GA

#15 Oct 23, 2013
It is happening now . No more waiting .Thank you for your support .
past history

Alexandria, VA

#16 Oct 23, 2013
One thing about them meetings you can count on those fat local yokel hogs being there they have to make sure the county trough is kept full with that good taxpayer slop for there snouts to be in.
Rich Golfer

Dawsonville, GA

#17 Oct 23, 2013
past history wrote:
One thing about them meetings you can count on those fat local yokel hogs being there they have to make sure the county trough is kept full with that good taxpayer slop for there snouts to be in.
You are over-doing it. Can you find an original message or comment?

Are you jealous you aren't included?

Did you attend the meeting to see how many people in opposition of county government were there? I didn't think so.
Rich Golfer

Dawsonville, GA

#18 Oct 23, 2013
I'm still questioning why all the people who are against the county and Lamar don't show up in numbers to share their thoughts.

I've read a lot of excuses but none are good enough to convince me you aren't just plain lazy.

Mountain Voice. Your publication isn't causing much of a stir since most people know the antics of ACOG and you. Those who have seen it didn't go past the first page or two before tossing it.

Of course, your fan club will commend you, David, using a dozen different screen names to give their applause.
Local Boy

Maysville, GA

#19 Oct 23, 2013
Rich Golfer wrote:
I'm still questioning why all the people who are against the county and Lamar don't show up in numbers to share their thoughts.
I've read a lot of excuses but none are good enough to convince me you aren't just plain lazy.
Mountain Voice. Your publication isn't causing much of a stir since most people know the antics of ACOG and you. Those who have seen it didn't go past the first page or two before tossing it.
Of course, your fan club will commend you, David, using a dozen different screen names to give their applause.
Let me explain that to you in a way you might understand and quit asking stupid questions. There is always too many asshole who live off the county taking up all the room and the smell is so bad that the good people who are against corruption and it's kingpin Paris well we just don't come. I hope this has helped your pea brain absorb a very simple answer.
Ghost of Gooch

Alexandria, VA

#20 Oct 23, 2013
Rich Golfer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are over-doing it. Can you find an original message or comment?
Are you jealous you aren't included?
Did you attend the meeting to see how many people in opposition of county government were there? I didn't think so.
I was there RG and I am proud that the spoils are being handled like I would handle them.
Will

Toccoa, GA

#21 Oct 23, 2013
Ghost of Gooch wrote:
<quoted text> I was there RG and I am proud that the spoils are being handled like I would handle them.
Were you one of those with the nose up the KING`S rear end ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Caves around Blairsville? (Feb '14) 8 hr Help 46
The blairsville dopewhore 8 hr Huh 5
Time To Clean Up Union County 16 hr Jimbo 245
Road Department 20 hr Beetle 2
head pub in jail?? Fri trail90 58
Snow plow road needed Feb 26 trail90 4
Dogs riding in Walmart GROCERY Shopping Carts (Jul '14) Feb 25 Rcflyer007 61

Blairsville News Video

Blairsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:26 am PST

Bleacher Report11:26AM
Bears, Steelers Among Top Spots for FA RB Jackson
NBC Sports 2:32 PM
Falcons waive Jonathan Massaquoi
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
NFL Draft 2015: 1st-Round Mock Draft and Top Potential Mid-Round Steals
NFL 6:49 AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
What's Best Plan for Replacements for Falcons?