Review: Women's Enrichment Center

Review: Women's Enrichment Center

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

Upset_mommie

Blairsville, GA

#1 Feb 5, 2013
This womens center is a JOKE!!! I hope there investers knows how they treat "clients". I have been there 2 times now and will never go back!!! They suppose to be appointment or walk in . The first time I called the day of and asked if i could come in, the lady on the phone wad nice said yes walk in welcomes. Yeah Right!!! After seeing a couseler, I was told that calling the day of and making an appoitment was NOT acceptavle that I need an advanced appoitment. Come to find out she was the director. Second time (after making said appointment, lord forbid someone walms in), I was in search of some wipes and a few other items like a baby sling, I was led past a room full of name brand diapers and wipes later to be told They had no wipes nor any other item I was looking for. I had requested some diapers and the 2 bags on the shelf was no name . I am not picky but my daughters rear end is, why hold out? I then asked for a pair of shoes and was told I was only allowed 6 peices of clothes between 2 kids and if i wanted shoes I had.to put back a peice of clothes. Shoes or clothes how do you choose? I left never going back and spreading the word to choose a diffrent centerafter the same director yelled at my 2 year old for throwing her personal toy on the floor and stating we do not throw pick it up or i am keeping it. I will never again go back!!!Not worth rude people that wont wve give wipes when they clearly have them. Way to o compassionate caring people!
Dud

Pendergrass, GA

#2 Feb 5, 2013
In other words they wouldn't give you everything you wanted for nothing.
Well good for them maybe instead of trying to live off of the dole you could try working.
uct

Blue Ridge, GA

#3 Feb 5, 2013
How about taking personal responsibility for where you are. Do you work? What did you say to your child when the toy was thrown. Many times the most caring people are the ones who say no.
Literate

Opelika, AL

#4 Feb 5, 2013
Upset_mommie wrote:
This womens center is a JOKE!!! I hope there investers knows how they treat "clients". I have been there 2 times now and will never go back!!! They suppose to be appointment or walk in . The first time I called the day of and asked if i could come in, the lady on the phone wad nice said yes walk in welcomes. Yeah Right!!! After seeing a couseler, I was told that calling the day of and making an appoitment was NOT acceptavle that I need an advanced appoitment. Come to find out she was the director. Second time (after making said appointment, lord forbid someone walms in), I was in search of some wipes and a few other items like a baby sling, I was led past a room full of name brand diapers and wipes later to be told They had no wipes nor any other item I was looking for. I had requested some diapers and the 2 bags on the shelf was no name . I am not picky but my daughters rear end is, why hold out? I then asked for a pair of shoes and was told I was only allowed 6 peices of clothes between 2 kids and if i wanted shoes I had.to put back a peice of clothes. Shoes or clothes how do you choose? I left never going back and spreading the word to choose a diffrent centerafter the same director yelled at my 2 year old for throwing her personal toy on the floor and stating we do not throw pick it up or i am keeping it. I will never again go back!!!Not worth rude people that wont wve give wipes when they clearly have them. Way to o compassionate caring people!
A few years ago, I did some volunteering at the WEC. It's hard to believe that they were just flat out rude to you. You have to understand that while they are a charitable organization, they can't just hand out whatever to whoever on a whim. They have a limited amount of resources for a great number of people and rely on donations from the community. It sounds like they helped you just by your own admission, so why bash them here because they wouldn't just allow you to walk in and go on a spree? They are there to help and they did.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#5 Feb 5, 2013
There's already a very good Women's Enrichment Center that's been around for a long time. It's called Divorce Court.
foodie

Texarkana, TX

#6 Feb 5, 2013
There's two sides to every story, and I've got a pretty good idea we're not hearing the whole truth from you. This center has helped countless young ladies in our community and has saved many babies from being aborted. The volunteers I know are all caring and compassionate, and the director is an awesome man of God. It's shameful you would come on topix to smear a great resource in our community by your one-sided sour grapes story.
froggy

Jefferson, GA

#7 Feb 5, 2013
Upset_mommie wrote:
Never come on Topix seeking the milk of human kindness or Christianity either one.
another mother

Dawsonville, GA

#8 Feb 5, 2013
I was once a single mom and poor.
I worked but had to make due with what was available to me. Be thankful the facility is there in case you really need help someday and not just a handout.

Wipes? How about a wash cloth? Wash it afterwards.
Disposable diapers? How about cloth diapers and wash them?
Both save money.
marlymarkey

Hoschton, GA

#9 Feb 6, 2013
Wow....just wow! I could see if they chased you out. Let's see, they agreed to see you on short notice, provided you with FREE clothing and baby supplies.(Items that you should be able to provide for your child and thought about before you got inseminated).

They did not do all you wanted so you bash them here?

It is pretty clear if you are begging for diapers and wipes you have amounted to nothing, and with this kind of attitude there is little chance you will ever amount to anything. The Enrichment center helped you, have you ever done anything to help them? Why do you feel you deserved more than you received?.........On a side note, how much you want to bet upsetmommie has a fancy cell phone.........

Oh, and please go to night school and learn some basic English skills so you perhaps can get a job one day and earn things, rather than living a life of begging.That way you can have what you want.
LaylaGrace

United States

#10 Feb 6, 2013
I was there yesterday when said incident occurred. I am a client of the women's enrichment center. First of all, they welcome walk in, but it is easier to call ahead. Secondly the director is a kind, loving, generous woman. To paint her in any other light is clearly a reflection of your own poor breeding. Third, they were out of wipes. There is no reason to lie. Your children were acting like brats and you did nothing to correct their bad behavior. The director did not yell at your child. She calmly spoke to her to correct her behavior. Which by the way is your job as a parent. By the way beggars can't be choosers. You should be grateful there are places like this who are willing to help ungrateful lazy ppl like you.
NewMom

Blairsville, GA

#11 Feb 8, 2013
Yes, I was there thursday as well and my daughter did the same thing when we was walking out, tosses her favorite bear and there was a women who told my child to not throw as well. It was nap time so I did not think much of it. They were out of wipes that day, however the lady was nice enough to give me a small pack like trail size. I have been going there for years, even went there before they moved. I have been told to that I needes to make appointments as well however I normally call the day of to make sure its ok because I hate making apts I always forget. I just rather go when I need to.
Grateful Grandmother

Blairsville, GA

#12 Feb 8, 2013
My daughter has been to the Women's Enrichment center several times, and they have never judged her or been rude. I do know that if you attend some of their classes you receive points for some very, very nice baby items.They are educational classes and not very demanding, so it shouldn't be a problem.
I also know they are running low on supplies right now and have to be conservative with the items they have.
The classes they teach their, are taught by volunteers and the teen moms can really learn a lot from child care, parenting and some home ec projects.

Appointments are good, because it allows them time to spend with you, trying to assist you with your needs, without them having to be all over the place.

You really shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.
working mother

Dahlonega, GA

#13 Feb 8, 2013
Upset_mommie wrote:
Why don't you get a job and keep yourself and your kid up, and while you are at it take some classes in spelling and social skills. I have never expected or received public assistance, and I sure would not complain if I were on the receiving end. You should try to control your child's behavior, and be more appreciative of any help that you can get. It is not costing you a dime. Life is not a free ride, or it never has been for me. It is much easier to work and buy what my family needs, than to go around town expecting everyone to bow down to my every whim. Grow up!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton for President ! 5 min Timmys Daddy 51
Black Lives Matter? 9 min Observer 4
Polyurethane floor installer 3 hr The Mountains Noise 4
What does Blairsville need? 17 hr Smally Biggs 120
News KKK will rally Saturday in Blairsville (Oct '12) Sat Smally Biggs 38
Trump News! Fri Stick 20
E-SPLOST and Waste of Tax payers money Fri My Thought 12

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance