“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#62 Jan 31, 2010
Diehard ice swimmers swear their activity improves body circulation and mood, makes them feel fresh all day, relieves symptoms of arthritis and even helps build resistance to diseases related to the cold. It is also said to have a strong anti-depressant effect. For this rich trove of benefits a single ten second plunge is not enough, instead one must make ice swimming a regular pastime, with a visit to a local ice hole at least two to three times a week. http://www.safewatersports.co.uk/IceSwimming....

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#63 Jan 31, 2010

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#64 Jan 31, 2010
boodoodle wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think for one minute that we're so naive as to believe that you go outside naked in 30 degree weather and take a bath in a creek .... sheesh, we weren't born yesterday .... only a fool would do something that stupid in winter.
The coldest weather I have bathed in was 12 below, at Beavers Bend Oklahoma, near Broken Bow. TAKE A LONG LOOK AT MY PICTURE, and tell me how old you think I am.
boobear

Dahlonega, GA

#65 Jan 31, 2010
boodoodle wrote:
<quoted text>
He has a stigma and obsession with body odor which means he has it and can't get rid of it .... he's totally obsessed with the subject.
How many posts have you written about his baths??,Id say YOU are obsessed with his body does it turn you on to think about him in the creek?? You can admit it,,Its just lil ole us.
On the Edge

United States

#66 Jan 31, 2010
Professor wrote:
p.s. I don't get to pick which city show up with my screen name....
Hey look, it is Davis.
disgusted

Paonia, CO

#67 Jan 31, 2010
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text>The coldest weather I have bathed in was 12 below, at Beavers Bend Oklahoma, near Broken Bow. TAKE A LONG LOOK AT MY PICTURE, and tell me how old you think I am.
Old enough to stop showing your childishness. You want to put down women in this town, you want to talk like an idiot trying to sound like an early 19th century appalachan, you make crazy comments to Boodoodle to egg her on, and you actually portray yourself as a looser, a sad, bored old man with nothing else to do but play on the computer and spout anything about anyone, especially those you really know nothing about, thinking your put-downs will make you look intelligent. Grow up, act your age, quit thinking you can talk down to people and have them look up to you! Slowpok, Jeromek. Berdessa, Possum,- you and all your 'buddies' need to stay in Texas!

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#68 Jan 31, 2010
disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>Old enough to stop showing your childishness. You want to put down women in this town, you want to talk like an idiot trying to sound like an early 19th century appalachan, you make crazy comments to Boodoodle to egg her on, and you actually portray yourself as a looser, a sad, bored old man with nothing else to do but play on the computer and spout anything about anyone, especially those you really know nothing about, thinking your put-downs will make you look intelligent. Grow up, act your age, quit thinking you can talk down to people and have them look up to you! Slowpok, Jeromek. Berdessa, Possum,- you and all your 'buddies' need to stay in Texas!
You hillbillys need to be kept on your toes, we are watchin out fer you. There would only be four of you, if we did not post.
disgusted

Paonia, CO

#69 Jan 31, 2010
boobear wrote:
<quoted text>How many posts have you written about his baths??,Id say YOU are obsessed with his body does it turn you on to think about him in the creek?? You can admit it,,Its just lil ole us.
Naw, I rarely agree with Boo. but in this case, I think she, like many of us, are sick of hearing this bullcrap that slowpuke rattles on about. Apparently he thinks he is boasting about his great adventures while he is really just crying for attention that he must be lacking at home. Who has a life and has the time to stay on the Internet searching for youtube videos or foolish jokes to use to ridicule total strangers on topix! No, this time it isn't Boo's obsession, it's pukes!
boobear

Dahlonega, GA

#70 Jan 31, 2010
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text>You hillbillys need to be kept on your toes, we are watchin out fer you. There would only be four of you, if we did not post.
We?? didnt u tell boodoodle not to speak 4 the flriduh people? Or you got a mouse in ur pocket??Or hand,,lol
boobear

Dahlonega, GA

#71 Jan 31, 2010
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text>You hillbillys need to be kept on your toes, we are watchin out fer you. There would only be four of you, if we did not post.
Florida
born Blairsville

Paonia, CO

#72 Jan 31, 2010
boobear wrote:
<quoted text>We?? didnt u tell boodoodle not to speak 4 the flriduh people? Or you got a mouse in ur pocket??Or hand,,lol
You got that right! He dang sure doesn't speak for me and I'm sure very few other Union Countians, Floridians, locals, or otherwise would agree with very much he has to say! There are many beautiful women, hard working men, and more thoughtful and knowledgeable folks in Union County than him and all his band of dumas texas idiots could imagine!

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#73 Jan 31, 2010
born Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>You got that right! He dang sure doesn't speak for me and I'm sure very few other Union Countians, Floridians, locals, or otherwise would agree with very much he has to say! There are many beautiful women, hard working men, and more thoughtful and knowledgeable folks in Union County than him and all his band of dumas texas idiots could imagine!
Disgusted/Born Blairsville, As I have posted many times before there are maby, and I do mean maby, 5 or six people that post on this topix that have enough Knowledge to discuss a variety of subjects. who gives a dam who serves the best burger,who wears what perfume,how a person spells,or who is smarter than the next person.Take a long look at the BS that is posted here. This topix is a cartoon character playground. Go back and read a few pages, look at the crap you'll post.
born Blairsville

Paonia, CO

#74 Jan 31, 2010
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text> Disgusted/Born Blairsville, As I have posted many times before there are maby, and I do mean maby, 5 or six people that post on this topix that have enough Knowledge to discuss a variety of subjects. who gives a dam who serves the best burger,who wears what perfume,how a person spells,or who is smarter than the next person.Take a long look at the BS that is posted here. This topix is a cartoon character playground. Go back and read a few pages, look at the crap you'll post.
So what are you trying to say, that you are one of the few people on topix that You consider smart and that gives you the right to judge and ridicule everyone else. Sorry, I don't follow the line of reasoning. Just as you say "Who gives a damn who serves the best burgers" I have to say "Who gives a damn about your opinions" Do you honestly think coming on a forum and critisizing everyone in the county makes you look smart? You may think yourself smarter than the majority of posters here, but your comments and your nastiness makes you look much smaller than even the least intelligent one here. Kindness, compassion, consideration, and a sense of pride and respect for the community one lives in and for the neighbors and friends that share common interest says much more about a person's character than how fast he can find a youtube video to "one-up" somebody does. If you don't like the discussions here, if they are not up to your standards, then why do you continue to stay and post here. If you think everyone is so ignorant or beneath you why don't you find a forum that is more on your intellectual level or does it make you feel smarter to stay here and trashtalk our town and our friends and neighbors. Blairsville is what it is and I for one love it as it is and all those who live here I will support and respect and when I find someone I disagree with, then I will disagree with them in an appropriate manner. I will not judge or label an entire town or community as toothless, ugly, dimwit idiots as you so often insinuate. In fact, your rush to sterotype shows very little intelligence on your part Mr. Dumas Texas. As I stated earlier, if you find yourself so much more advanced in wisdom than the people on this forum, why don't you find a forum more in tune with your self-centered, self-appointed MENSA status. If it is below you to talk about the best restaurants or what's happening in town or any other small talk that some people enjoy then move on to somewhere that much deeper, more intellectual discussions are taking place. We won't miss you. By the way, you may need to keep a dictionary by your comuputer if you really want anyone to think you are so brilliant. Maby is not a word, did you mean maybe, and dam is something a beaver builds, not a profanity as I think you were trying to say. Funny you didn't think spelling was something that needed to be worried about here, yet you want everyone to think you are very learned. I guess because you know where all the blue moon bars are and you find it brilliant and healthy to jump in freezing water you feel that makes you a more rounded person than some of these poor old hillbillies that have never left Union County. I'd rather be a toothless hillbilly with a heart for my neighbors than a judgmental clueless person like the characters I've read about with Dumas Texas under their screen names any day!

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#75 Feb 1, 2010
born Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>So what are you trying to say, that you are one of the few people on topix that You consider smart and that gives you the right to judge and ridicule everyone else. Sorry, I don't follow the line of reasoning. Just as you say "Who gives a damn who serves the best burgers" I have to say "Who gives a damn about your opinions" Do you honestly think coming on a forum and critisizing everyone in the county makes you look smart? You may think yourself smarter than the majority of posters here, but your comments and your nastiness makes you look much smaller than even the least intelligent one here. Kindness, compassion, consideration, and a sense of pride and respect for the community one lives in and for the neighbors and friends that share common interest says much more about a person's character than how fast he can find a youtube video to "one-up" somebody does. If you don't like the discussions here, if they are not up to your standards, then why do you continue to stay and post here. If you think everyone is so ignorant or beneath you why don't you find a forum that is more on your intellectual level or does it make you feel smarter to stay here and trashtalk our town and our friends and neighbors. Blairsville is what it is and I for one love it as it is and all those who live here I will support and respect and when I find someone I disagree with, then I will disagree with them in an appropriate manner. I will not judge or label an entire town or community as toothless, ugly, dimwit idiots as you so often insinuate. In fact, your rush to sterotype shows very little intelligence on your part Mr. Dumas Texas. As I stated earlier, if you find yourself so much more advanced in wisdom than the people on this forum, why don't you find a forum more in tune with your self-centered, self-appointed MENSA status. If it is below you to talk about the best restaurants or what's happening in town or any other small talk that some people enjoy then move on to somewhere that much deeper, more intellectual discussions are taking place. We won't miss you. By the way, you may need to keep a dictionary by your comuputer if you really want anyone to think you are so brilliant. Maby is not a word, did you mean maybe, and dam is something a beaver builds, not a profanity as I think you were trying to say. Funny you didn't think spelling was something that needed to be worried about here, yet you want everyone to think you are very learned. I guess because you know where all the blue moon bars are and you find it brilliant and healthy to jump in freezing water you feel that makes you a more rounded person than some of these poor old hillbillies that have never left Union County. I'd rather be a toothless hillbilly with a heart for my neighbors than a judgmental clueless person like the characters I've read about with Dumas Texas under their screen names any day!
Perfect back woods Sentiment/logic, Are you running for election?? Them some good Dancing Shoes you have there.
boodoodle

United States

#77 Feb 1, 2010
disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>Old enough to stop showing your childishness. You want to put down women in this town, you want to talk like an idiot trying to sound like an early 19th century appalachan .....!
Maybe not the 19th century but he looks more like the early 20th century.
boodoodle

United States

#78 Feb 1, 2010
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text>You hillbillys need to be kept on your toes, we are watchin out fer you. There would only be four of you, if we did not post.
You hillbillys? Aren't you a self professed, full fledged hillbilly which you claim to be? Now, you're degrading your own people .... who's next on your hit list?
boodoodle

United States

#79 Feb 1, 2010
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text> Disgusted/Born Blairsville, As I have posted many times before there are maby, and I do mean maby, 5 or six people that post on this topix that have enough Knowledge to discuss a variety of subjects. who gives a dam who serves the best burger,who wears what perfume,how a person spells,or who is smarter than the next person.Take a long look at the BS that is posted here. This topix is a cartoon character playground. Go back and read a few pages, look at the crap you'll post.
You're definitely not one of them .... it may be a cartoon character playground but you're one of the stars of that playground .... why don't you start topics of interest instead of your posts full of senseless ebonics and supposed mountain slang that people cannot interpret.
Mister XYZ

Atlanta, GA

#80 Feb 1, 2010
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text>You hillbillys need to be kept on your toes, we are watchin out fer you. There would only be four of you, if we did not post.
Hey SLOWPUKE, for someone who complains about hillbillys you sure as heck talk like one!
boobear

Dahlonega, GA

#81 Feb 1, 2010
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text>Perfect back woods Sentiment/logic, Are you running for election?? Them some good Dancing Shoes you have there.
Slowpok,,no comment you have is gonna take away that lashing bornblairsville gave you..you should hang your head and think about it.You went over the line,I wasnt born nor raised here BUT I truly love my friends and neighbors here and that comment made me wanna have a national SLAP A SLOPOKE 2DAY!!

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#82 Feb 1, 2010
boobear wrote:
<quoted text>Slowpok,,no comment you have is gonna take away that lashing bornblairsville gave you..you should hang your head and think about it.You went over the line,I wasnt born nor raised here BUT I truly love my friends and neighbors here and that comment made me wanna have a national SLAP A SLOPOKE 2DAY!!
Boobear you know something I found out, the Hillbillys can dish it out but cannot take it. Them ole floridians are the same way. None of them can stand the truth. I am a Hillbilly and proud of it. Nothing you can say about Hillbillys will make me mad for I know the difference. And as for as texas I had to work there for a few years but I have no love for Texans or Texas. The little "Zippers" on here do not bother me, in fact I consider them Funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time To Clean Up Union County 1 hr GOP 276
Road Department 2 hr Barry Obama 5
Police (Mar '12) 4 hr bob 33
h7n9 (May '13) 9 hr tmv post 144
Our New Sheriffs Dept (Jan '13) 17 hr We Support The Po... 1,003
Drug Abuse & Addiction 19 hr Ed Anger 18
head pub in jail?? Mar 1 correction 59

Blairsville News Video

Blairsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:48 pm PST

ESPN 2:48PM
Source: Panthers' Hardy to meet with NFL
Bleacher Report 3:03 PM
Cam Newton Reportedly on Stage at Charlotte Nightclub Moments Before Shooting
Yahoo! Sports 4:06 PM
Panthers DE Hardy to meet with NFL
NBC Sports 8:28 PM
Reports: Ted Ginn visiting Titans, 49ers
ESPN11:52 AM
Police: Cam not person of interest in shooting