uct

Murphy, NC

#1 Jul 2, 2013
Why are there so many bad traffic accidents at Pat Caldwell and Murphy Hyw
Blue

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jul 2, 2013
Congestion and low visibility turning out from P Colwell.
froggy

Ashburn, VA

#3 Jul 2, 2013
Drivers who aren't't paying attention, no traffic speed enforcement.
Truthis Blairsville

Ashburn, VA

#4 Jul 2, 2013
Jean Wright was a lovely person. She had recently lost her husband and was coming terms with his passing. So sad. RIP sweet lady.
Kate

Ellenboro, NC

#5 Jul 2, 2013
So sad .
UC Voter

Dawsonville, GA

#6 Jul 2, 2013
People don't signal before they turn, for one.
Yesterday, I nearly rear-ended a person who decided at the last minute to slow down to almost a stop and turn on PC. She signaled as she turned! People get impatient and pull out trying to beat others driving 55 mph or faster. The intersection isn't bad, it is the people who drive carelessly who make it dangerous. Exactly, no speed enforcement. Isn't that area suppose to be 45 mph?
agreed

Alto, GA

#7 Jul 2, 2013
You're correct. People pay more attention to their phone or stereo than they do the road. Pat Colwell is just a dangerous intersection regardless though. The turning lane helped but a traffic light is desperately needed there.
UC Voter wrote:
Yesterday, I nearly rear-ended a person who decided at the last minute to slow down to almost a stop and turn on PC. She signaled as she turned! People get impatient and pull out trying to beat others driving 55 mph or faster. The intersection isn't bad, it is the people who drive carelessly who make it dangerous. Exactly, no speed enforcement. Isn't that area suppose to be 45 mph?
UCNative

Blairsville, GA

#8 Jul 3, 2013
UC Voter wrote:
I think it is a combination of all these things. There is low visibility for turning out of Pat Colwell onto 129, making it a dangerous intersection. People drive well above the speed limit. And then there are those who don't pay attention. All-in-all, this intersection is an accident waiting to happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We need someone else to run for the EMC Board 14 min Metermaid 61
retiring to blairsville 54 min Check this 67
2nillion dollar budget hike 11 hr Barry Obama 9
sunday sales 12 hr Aldo Cella 55
The Family Proclamation to the World Mon The American Dream 4
Spotted Union County Vehicle With No County Dec... Mon My Two Sense 18
Buying used cars Mon Worried 1
More from around the web

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE