angel

Valdosta, GA

#63 Dec 16, 2011
My son just went to colwell detention center this week.I know he can make calls to me.Problem is they use global link for an account.Since i don't have any utilities in my name i cant set up an account.That is messed up.I want to talk to him but they are making it difficult.What should i do?They want a faxed copy of my phone carrier.Does anyone know how this really works?
tax payer

Jefferson, GA

#64 Dec 16, 2011
angel wrote:
My son just went to colwell detention center this week.I know he can make calls to me.Problem is they use global link for an account.Since i don't have any utilities in my name i cant set up an account.That is messed up.I want to talk to him but they are making it difficult.What should i do?They want a faxed copy of my phone carrier.Does anyone know how this really works?
tell your son to stay out of trouble.
Informed Opinion

New York, NY

#65 Dec 17, 2011
Steal $20.00 and you are a criminal.

Buy a congressman,
to change the laws to socialize your losses and privatize your profits,
Make millions of dollars a year,
Destroy the lives of millions of Americans and the world wide economy,
and you are a capitalist hero,
not a criminal.

Makes sense to me.
SpeakUp

Jefferson, GA

#66 Mar 17, 2012
Colwell is rid with problems due to those, who learn of improper procedure and wrong-doing, failing to speak up and gain the attention of those in a position of oversight.

Colwell's Warden is rarely seen except when authorities from Atlanta visit. In such a case "the charm is turned on" and what goes on behind the scenes is carefully hid below a veneer of proper procedures.

There are many good guards in Colwell and, unfortunately, there are a few who intimidate those that are doing their job correctly. It's not easy, even for the direct supervisor of a renegade guard, to have the guard's position terminated. So, tolerance of cruelty is practiced too often.

Officer Monkus, Office Kay and Office "Young Young" (there are about 5 Youngs) are among those who disrespect protocol and procedure.

When inmates first arrive at Colwell, one will be "free picked" from the group undergoing orientation and be made a statement. The handpicked one man and failed to see his medical card that showed that his shoulder was disabled. When they wouldn't listen to his legitimate protest to being able to do pushups, the guards threw him down and kicked his shoulder until he cried. Seeing the atrocity, the inmate was shipped to a psychiatric hospital. That solved that. Typically, they target an inmate and, inevitably, drag him across the field and throw him "in the hole" for a week. The example, they believe, will inspire good behavior. Instead, it only inspires disrespect.

Officer Monkus was stopped from "giving Coolers" to the inmates on their last day in his detail OR if there was the slightest infraction of which he disapproved. A "cooler" is when two - three inmates hold down the victim inmate and pour a large tub of near frozen water down the front and back of the jump suit. The inmate returns to work, regardless of temps as low as those in the 20s. Officer Monkus was "infuriated" when his superior officer called his actions to attention.

To report abuses in Colwell email: ombudsman@dcor.state.ga.us.

Officer Young Young and Officer Monkus "egg each other on." Officer Monkus reprimanded an inmate whose shoes were not shined even though the inmate's detail guard accepted the condition of the shoes. The inmate was given a DR by Monkus. The next day when the inmates were assembling, Monkus pointed out the shoes and made the inmate take them off, hold them out in front of him and look at them. After a considerable amount of time, the inmates arms were hurting and he could no longer sustain the weight. The inmate was eventually "dragged" to the hole, but only after Young Young egged on Monkus.

Freepicking inmates from the activity room to short punch in the ribs is Officer Kay's specialty. If an inmate completes a grievance form, the form is either destroyed or the Guard named in the form collaborates against the inmate with another guard.

Inmates have no protection from within. It is essential that family members or friends, learning of wrong doing, report it via email to the supervising authorities in Downtown Atlanta: Ombudsman@dcor.state.ga.us.

Try to name the details without naming the specific inmate or it could endanger the inmate.

Those in Colwell who have "done time" in other places readily admit that the State Penn is less difficult that Colwell. The problem is not the work; it is the abuse by a few renegade guards with psychiatric disorders and the red tape to have them replaced.

Don't complain about the food, the "rolling cart library" with only trashy novels and nothing of substance. When they kicked my husband's bible across the parking lot at "intake", I did mention that one to Atlanta.

The Authorities addressed the constant and unnecessary use of vulgar profanity and Officer Monkus responded by screaming all the words he wasn't supposed to use at the 1 and 2 classified inmates.

Mine is out. If yours is in: Ombudsman@dcor.state.ga.us can help our system stay "on objective."
UC Voter

Dahlonega, GA

#67 Mar 17, 2012
angel wrote:
Write letters and save money.
Released

Dahlonega, GA

#68 Mar 17, 2012
Speak Up is a former guard who was fired for endangering the detainees and the public. A religious fanatic. I was on his work detail.
maybe

Jefferson, GA

#69 Mar 17, 2012
Released wrote:
Speak Up is a former guard who was fired for endangering the detainees and the public. A religious fanatic. I was on his work detail.
So you would be who? Officer Monkus, Kay or one of the "Youngs"?

I guess being "religious" means none of that happens, huh??? Maybe you could enlighten us a little more, is everyone other than this "religious" guy an angle?
LMAO

Dahlonega, GA

#70 Mar 17, 2012
maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess being "religious" means none of that happens, huh??? Maybe you could enlighten us a little more, is everyone other than this "religious" guy an angle?
"angle?"

Speak up is so transparent.
Lies Lies Lies

Dahlonega, GA

#71 Mar 17, 2012
"When they kicked my husband's bible across the parking lot at "intake", I did mention that one to Atlanta."

Lie. Prisoners don't come to the prison with personal items in their possession. They are transported in cuffs from county jails and all personals are boxed.
SpeakUp

Jefferson, GA

#72 Mar 18, 2012
Speakup is not a Guard... Just an ordinary citizen who believes in shining the light on the darkness. My main message is to provide the email address of those in Oversight in Atlanta so that rogue guards keep their actions in check. The inmates have been issued their sentence and are doing their time. It's not up to those with delusions of grandeur, post traumatic stress disorder and bi-polar issues to delve out your own sense of twisted justice. If you got picked on too much in the 3rd grade... find a shrink and deal with it. Believe it or not, you don't have to come to work with those issues.

If I were a rogue guard who knew I was walking a fine line, I'd be monitoring this site worried that I'd be exposed, too. Seems the case to me!

You can see the torn and damaged pages on my husband's bible after the guard dumped out his belongings and started kicking. Take it easy, boys. The word is out. If YOU can't take it, don't do it. Do your job. You aren't a hero, just a grunt taking care of mostly bad baggage. But, you don't need to act outside your authority.

Some other loved one may just contact those and blow the whistle, next. I'm passing the baton to other concerned citizens. An outcry for justice can come from the most unsuspecting folks at times. The jail is full of ignorant, uneducated people on both sides of the bars. But, once in a while - you get a hold of an exception who know how to make things happen. I wrote the Governor today, but don't worry. He's just the classmate of a husband of one of my close friends. I "might" get to have lunch with him.

There will be more - so, if you like your job, keep in line.

I wish you peace.

With every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. This one is yours.
SpeakUp

Jefferson, GA

#73 Mar 18, 2012
maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
The guards who worry about their actions monitor this site. They are the ones making the mean comments to concerned and worried family members. There are really good, appropriately acting Guards in Colwell and, unfortunately, a few Guards whose inappropriate actions extend not only to the inmates, but to other Guards as well. Colwell has no job openings and Blairsville GA hosts a huge unemployment rate. So, sadly, good Guards choose silence over potential job loss with a "he said-he said" confrontation about job abuse performance.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#74 Mar 18, 2012
SpeakUp wrote:
Speakup is not a Guard... Just an ordinary citizen who believes in shining the light on the darkness. My main message is to provide the email address of those in Oversight in Atlanta so that rogue guards keep their actions in check. The inmates have been issued their sentence and are doing their time. It's not up to those with delusions of grandeur, post traumatic stress disorder and bi-polar issues to delve out your own sense of twisted justice. If you got picked on too much in the 3rd grade... find a shrink and deal with it. Believe it or not, you don't have to come to work with those issues.
If I were a rogue guard who knew I was walking a fine line, I'd be monitoring this site worried that I'd be exposed, too. Seems the case to me!
You can see the torn and damaged pages on my husband's bible after the guard dumped out his belongings and started kicking. Take it easy, boys. The word is out. If YOU can't take it, don't do it. Do your job. You aren't a hero, just a grunt taking care of mostly bad baggage. But, you don't need to act outside your authority.
Some other loved one may just contact those and blow the whistle, next. I'm passing the baton to other concerned citizens. An outcry for justice can come from the most unsuspecting folks at times. The jail is full of ignorant, uneducated people on both sides of the bars. But, once in a while - you get a hold of an exception who know how to make things happen. I wrote the Governor today, but don't worry. He's just the classmate of a husband of one of my close friends. I "might" get to have lunch with him.
I wish you peace.
Speak Up you wrote the governor, I am proud of you. We need more people like you in this community to "SPEAK UP, Send YOUR LETTERS, SHOUT FROM A ROOF TOP" because the message is getting out there. I sent my packages out last week and I KNOW people are waking up nto what is going on in Union County. The governor will be informed so maybe he will really look at Blarisville as a whole big problem. Write the governor, Attorney General, all state officials.
Write many letters, make lots of phone calls. Your name will soon be well known in there office.

Ms. Pittman is a favorite of this Office and a frequent communicant. Indeed, the Attorney General is familiar with her by name.

STEFAN RITTER

Senior Assistant Attorney General

Trust me they will finally listen, just be persistent...

Mountain Voice is exposing the bank, I am exposing Lamar, and anyone that knows anything else about the injustices going on in Union County needs to SPEAK UP NOW. DON"T WAIT. Our Prayers are being answerd.

CLEAN UP UNION COUNTY today don't delay.

unioncountytipline@gmail.com
ACOG is mental

Dahlonega, GA

#75 Mar 18, 2012
SpeakUp wrote:
I wish you peace.
No, you aren't a guard, because you got fired!
SpeakUp

Cleveland, GA

#77 Mar 22, 2012
Released wrote:
Former Guard? No. Religious Fanatic? I think everyone should practice their faith and live life as Christ wants us to which does motivate me to blow the whistle on wrong doings in Colwell. Maybe I am a fanatic, but I don't walk around the town square holding poster, blow up abortion clinics, handle snakes (can't stand the things!) or talk in tongues AND I am known to cuss like a sailor if I hit my finger with a hammer and, then, ask God to forgive and retract my former statements. I don't think I qualify as "fanatic." Lastly, I'm too girly for a work detail and went to college for too many years to doubly make sure I avoided such assignments. You'll want to stay away from game show competitions - don't think you'll do too well.
whatever

Toccoa, GA

#78 Mar 22, 2012
SpeakUp wrote:
Colwell is rid with problems due to those, who learn of improper procedure and wrong-doing, failing to speak up and gain the attention of those in a position of oversight.
Colwell's Warden is rarely seen except when authorities from Atlanta visit. In such a case "the charm is turned on" and what goes on behind the scenes is carefully hid below a veneer of proper procedures.
There are many good guards in Colwell and, unfortunately, there are a few who intimidate those that are doing their job correctly. It's not easy, even for the direct supervisor of a renegade guard, to have the guard's position terminated. So, tolerance of cruelty is practiced too often.
Officer Monkus, Office Kay and Office "Young Young" (there are about 5 Youngs) are among those who disrespect protocol and procedure.
When inmates first arrive at Colwell, one will be "free picked" from the group undergoing orientation and be made a statement. The handpicked one man and failed to see his medical card that showed that his shoulder was disabled. When they wouldn't listen to his legitimate protest to being able to do pushups, the guards threw him down and kicked his shoulder until he cried. Seeing the atrocity, the inmate was shipped to a psychiatric hospital. That solved that. Typically, they target an inmate and, inevitably, drag him across the field and throw him "in the hole" for a week. The example, they believe, will inspire good behavior. Instead, it only inspires disrespect.
Officer Monkus was stopped from "giving Coolers" to the inmates on their last day in his detail OR if there was the slightest infraction of which he disapproved. A "cooler" is when two - three inmates hold down the victim inmate and pour a large tub of near frozen water down the front and back of the jump suit. The inmate returns to work, regardless of temps as low as those in the 20s. Officer Monkus was "infuriated" when his superior officer called his actions to attention.
To report abuses in Colwell email: ombudsman@dcor.state.ga.us.
Officer Young Young and Officer Monkus "egg each other on." Officer Monkus reprimanded an inmate whose shoes were not shined even though the inmate's detail guard accepted the condition of the shoes. The inmate was given a DR by Monkus. The next day when the inmates were assembling, Monkus pointed out the shoes and made the inmate take them off, hold them out in front of him and look at them. After a considerable amount of time, the inmates arms were hurting and he could no longer sustain the weight. The inmate was eventually "dragged" to the hole, but only after Young Young egged on Monkus.
Freepicking inmates from the activity room to short punch in the ribs is Officer Kay's specialty. If an inmate completes a grievance form, the form is either destroyed or the Guard named in the form collaborates against the inmate with another guard.
Inmates have no protection from within. It is essential that family members or friends, learning of wrong doing, report it via email to the supervising authorities in Downtown Atlanta: Ombudsman@dcor.state.ga.us.
Try to name the details without naming the specific inmate or it could endanger the inmate.
Those in Colwell who have "done time" in other places readily admit that the State Penn is less difficult that Colwell. The problem is not the work; it is the abuse by a few renegade guards with psychiatric disorders and the red tape to have them replaced.
Don't complain about the food, the "rolling cart library" with only trashy novels and nothing of substance. When they kicked my husband's bible across the parking lot at "intake", I did mention that one to Atlanta.
The Authorities addressed the constant and unnecessary use of vulgar profanity and Officer Monkus responded by screaming all the words he wasn't supposed to use at the 1 and 2 classified inmates.
Mine is out. If yours is in: Ombudsman@dcor.state.ga.us can help our system stay "on objective."
Misinformed and clueless.
InTheKnow

Commerce, GA

#79 Apr 27, 2012
Lies Lies Lies wrote:
"When they kicked my husband's bible across the parking lot at "intake", I did mention that one to Atlanta."
Lie. Prisoners don't come to the prison with personal items in their possession. They are transported in cuffs from county jails and all personals are boxed.
Yes, indeed. They are in cuffs and their belongings are in boxes that are put outside the van when they arrive. Then, the kicking contest can begin if the guards are so moved as they try to drive home a few points to the new residents. It is clearly stated in the orientation papers given to probationers prior to their reporting that they are allowed to bring with them up to 5 pictures, 2 letters and a bible. Other than that, it's the clothes on their back that are bagged immediately after they put their pumpkin suit on. His bible wears the proof of having been kicked across the parking lot. But, it's officers like "Shook", for example, that don't want the truth about their despicable actions towards inmates put to light. Rats run from the light and renegade guards run to tell lies when someone dares to speak the truth. All those who are reporting that SpeakUps comments are incorrect are guards that are worried that the boundaries they pushed may have gone just a little too far. So guards - follow the rules because it's a hard economy to find yourself fired and unemployed which is what is in your future f you keep using profanity, beating up inmates and generally creating greater disrespect and disdain for authority. You didn't get that job of guarding inmates because you are a rocket scientist, but do try to apply some common sense to your job.
mary

Atlanta, GA

#80 Jul 16, 2013
tammy wrote:
my son had to go to colwell detention center this week. we don't know any information about the place and havent heard from our son yet. does anyone know if they can make collect calls or write. No one seems to offer information at the center.
yes they can do both. do you got the add.? they can tell you if you talk to the main one in charge.
mary

Atlanta, GA

#81 Jul 16, 2013
yes they can do both. do you have the add.? talk to the main one in charge there. my husband went there on monday, he has been there before anyway 2yrs.ago.
Tiger

Dahlonega, GA

#82 Jul 17, 2013
Where is Lu LU?
Colwell

Duluth, GA

#83 Jul 18, 2013
Ouse to live thare

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillybillys han Floridians 6 hr Chainsaw Five 2
Sexual Insult Forum (Feb '10) 6 hr tmn post 13
Ban Flights Now 7 hr Republican 47
head pub in jail?? 7 hr PARRIS 33
What's the worst thing about Floridiots? 12 hr Fud 81
Wake up floridiots Naming your driveway is stupid. 22 hr Cookie 93
Question to Lamar Thu My Thought 10

Freeze Warning for Union County was issued at November 01 at 4:18AM EDT

Blairsville News Video

Blairsville Dating