colwell detention center
bible study

Jefferson, GA

#22 Dec 29, 2008
Genesis 1
The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning葉he first day.

6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." 7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning葉he second day.

9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning葉he third day.

14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. 16 God made two great lights葉he greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning葉he fourth day.

20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky."
lulu

Fitzgerald, GA

#23 Dec 30, 2008
Norman wrote:
Norman impersonator "the queer no longer working at the competition" is at it again. See his post above. Tells you he is a queer. talks about men, spend night, criminal. Yea, former sentinel writer who is a queer, we know who you are. And, guess what, you ain't man enough to come after me to keep me from exposing who you are. Come on, queer boy.
having prayer meetings at the boot camp...
lulu

Fitzgerald, GA

#24 Dec 30, 2008
bible study wrote:
Genesis 1
The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning葉he first day.
6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." 7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning葉he second day.
9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good.
11 Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning葉he third day.
14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. 16 God made two great lights葉he greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning葉he fourth day.
20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky."
spending time volunteering at the animals shelters....
Norman

Canton, GA

#25 Dec 30, 2008
lulu wrote:
<quoted text>having prayer meetings at the boot camp...
No, we are having "hide the boot " at boot camp.
Norman

Canton, GA

#26 Dec 30, 2008
Oh, the fond memories of the evenings spent at Coldwell Manor with Bubba to keep me warm after a long day of making up news. I treasure it all so much.
Correction

Murphy, NC

#27 Dec 30, 2008
Tammy ignore the ignorance.

Just give the Detention Center a call or even the local sheriff's office and see if they can let you know how it works.

Prayers for you and your family.
Norman

Canton, GA

#28 Dec 30, 2008
Norman wrote:
Oh, the fond memories of the evenings spent at Coldwell Manor with Bubba to keep me warm after a long day of making up news. I treasure it all so much.
I get a correction erection just thinking about it.
born n raised

Douglas, GA

#29 Dec 30, 2008
tammy wrote:
my son had to go to colwell detention center this week. we don't know any information about the place and havent heard from our son yet. does anyone know if they can make collect calls or write. No one seems to offer information at the center.
Tammy I know several people that work at the detention center and they are good people. I know that there is a period of about 2 or 3 weeks that the inmates can't have outside contact. Just hang in there. We'll be sending up prayers for you and your family.
supernana

Canton, GA

#30 Dec 30, 2008
born n raised wrote:
<quoted text>
Tammy I know several people that work at the detention center and they are good people. I know that there is a period of about 2 or 3 weeks that the inmates can't have outside contact. Just hang in there. We'll be sending up prayers for you and your family.
Agree. There will always be people who will judge and ridicule but just remember WE all truly have only one judge and HE is compassionate and forgiving. Times like these are hard, both for the parent and the child, but these are also great opportunities for God to 'grow' us and I feel certain those who mock and ridicule have had their share of mistakes. Maybe they just weren't lucky enough to get caught. If you never face up or answer to your mistakes you are not likely to change your behavior or to ask for forgiveness. You and your family will be in my prayers.
tammie

Dalton, GA

#31 Aug 24, 2009
supernana wrote:
<quoted text>Lulu, I have to agree that your imposter is bitter and apparently uncompassionate. I am very confused by the many different Lulu postings but I try to differentiate based on the thought or compassion presented in the words posted. My first thoughts were that Lulu, whoever, was just a mean selfish person. I can now see, that there is indeed an imposter and although I haven't responded I did think ill of you and for that I appologize. As for the parent of this child, I understand her concern and in no way see her wishing to stay in contact as 'enabling'. A parent remains concerned of their children's whereabouts and living conditions regardless of whether they condone their lifestyle or their behavior. Love doesn't stop because of 'screw-ups'. If it did, we'd all be in trouble with our "Heavenly" Father.
my son was sent there today, and i too can not find out anything!i agree to the fact that we ALL should and WILL AT SOME TIME PAY for our mistakes and my son is doing just that!but i also agree with this lady,I LOVE MY SON NO MATTER WHAT, FOR AS LONG AS WE LIVE AND BREATH AND NOTHING WILL CHANGE THAT!I WILL MISS HIM AND SO WILL HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN,AND WE FULLY EXPECT TO BE ABLE TO KNOW WHERE HE IS AND HOW WE CAN STAY IN TOUCH WITH HIM UNTILL HE COMES HOME!and how he is doing physically and mentally,after all he is serving TIME NOT A DEATH SENTENCE!!!!
infoforinmatefam ilies

Richmond, KY

#32 Aug 24, 2009
Go to this website..you should be able to locate all needed info there.
http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/
infoforinmatefam ilies

Richmond, KY

#33 Aug 24, 2009
Here is the visitation FAQ page link.
http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/pdf/Visitation_FA...
boobear

Kathleen, GA

#34 Aug 24, 2009
tammy wrote:
<quoted text> Yes i honestly know this is a gift from God. He hasn't been any problem since this all started so i know this is best. Someone had told us you had to put money on an account for them to call or even have stamp money thats why i wasn't for sure why he didn't call xmas. Everyone tells me bootcamp is worse than prison . Thanks for your info .
My son spent 3 months there...Some wont like this but, he said it was like camp,,they work, they play,,When you go to visit you can take change and buy him and yourself snacks from the machines..you can also leave money in his account so he can buy snacks during the day..He"ll be fine,They are nice people that work there.
Mother

Elberton, GA

#35 Feb 4, 2010
My son is waiting to go to Blairsville and I have no idea what to expect. Can anyone tell me a little about it? I understand that he is supposed to wear white tennis shoes. Where is the best place to buy these. Most places don't have his size which is a 14. Someone mentioned boot camp. What is it that they do there?
FYI

Dawsonville, GA

#36 Feb 4, 2010
I do not know what your beliefs are, but there is a great church in Blairsville called Harmony Grove Baptist Church that has a ministry that goes in there. God can use your son anywhere even in jail :)
crazy

Dawsonville, GA

#37 Feb 4, 2010
Mother....your son will be fine. If I had a child that had to serve time, i had much rather them be at CDC that anywhere else in the state of GA. As far as white tennis shoes, Look on Eastbay.com . They have the large sizes such as 14 and up and they have all colors etc. They are the largest sporting good place I know on the web. You can search pairs of shoes by his size so i'm sure you'll find a white pair. Good Luck and hopefully your son will get the time he needs and when he gets out is ready to start his life over for the good of himself and family.
truth

Sycamore, GA

#38 Feb 4, 2010
I see lots of detainee crews out working on the roads and at the park picking up trash and doing maintenance work. They will work his butt so hard that hopefully he will stay out of trouble so that he never has to come back.
Mother

Elberton, GA

#39 Feb 5, 2010
To Crazy, Truth, and FYI Thank you for your comments. I appreciate them very much. Yes, I sincerely hope that this will be a turning point in his life. He's not a bad person, but has certainly made a lot of wrong choices in his life. Thanks for the information on the shoes. The paper he got says that they are supposed to be white with no logo, etc and can't cost more than $50.00. I will look at the link you provided. Thank you again.
ur littlebouys roomie

Dawsonville, GA

#40 Feb 5, 2010
Mother wrote:
To Crazy, Truth, and FYI Thank you for your comments. I appreciate them very much. Yes, I sincerely hope that this will be a turning point in his life. He's not a bad person, but has certainly made a lot of wrong choices in his life. Thanks for the information on the shoes. The paper he got says that they are supposed to be white with no logo, etc and can't cost more than $50.00. I will look at the link you provided. Thank you again.
Hey, dis is Bubba. Please remembers to purrrchase one (1) gross(144) of Trojan brand "Xtra Xtra large" profolactics, as well as one pair of White, no brand name, sneekers. Thanx
Mister XYZ

Athens, GA

#41 Feb 6, 2010
truth wrote:
I see lots of detainee crews out working on the roads and at the park picking up trash and doing maintenance work. They will work his butt so hard that hopefully he will stay out of trouble so that he never has to come back.
One of those crews were working too close for comfort recently. Right next to my apartment complex!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sephardic Jews and Spanish living in the mounta... (Jun '11) 38 min azbrickhouse 42
Muslim in Blairsville 4 hr Muslims r banging... 35
Have you dealt with Adult protective services? Sun Need Feedback 8
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) Apr 20 Black Lives Matter 461
Builders First Source (Aug '08) Apr 20 Just Curious 128
The best place to meet Gays in Blairsville (Jan '09) Apr 20 Mavis Hobgood 251
Warring about windsream bills Apr 18 Wrong 2

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages