local

Jefferson, GA

#21 Jul 28, 2012
Tsplost wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right. If every small town followed your advice and said "my vote is useless, so I'm not gonna vote", we could discount a huge percentage of the votes in this country which now only votes less than a 50% level as it is.
Also if not for politics and religion, yall could have a dead topix board in Blairsville as most other towns have dead boards.
Those dead boards are why we have slowpok posting here, turniptown from gilmer county posting here. Folks from florida posting here.
Heck, we get folks from all over posting on Blairsville topix because 1.)all the other boards are mostly dead, 2)the nutcases like our board because we respond to them, and 3) our own nutcases get a response also.
Actually at one time, and some still today, are known for their friendly southern style.
local

Jefferson, GA

#22 Jul 28, 2012
Tsplost wrote:
<quoted text>
your right, I'm gonna disappear in 4 days.
In victory or defeat??!! Are you saying you will not show pride for the effort you put forth if a victory??

Victory for you==vote does NOT pass
Tsplost

Commerce, GA

#23 Jul 28, 2012
local wrote:
<quoted text> In victory or defeat??!! Are you saying you will not show pride for the effort you put forth if a victory??
Victory for you==vote does NOT pass

Don't know how the vote will go.

If the tax is defeated I will be glad. I will not crow about it as I consider many made an effort to defeat this tax. Mine was but one voice and mine was but one vote.
I learned long ago pride is not an attribute to cultivate so I take no pride if the tax fails. Some may but not I.

Tsplost may need to rise again if the Legislature (if the tax fails) decides to try again and have this tax voted on again in 2 years.

Folks are tired of more taxes being spent by wasteful governments. All one need do is look at what's going on and will see we have elected officials who are hell bent on taxing folks out of their homes so they can have all the perks of being in office.

Government salaries and benefits today outstrip private business, a complete turn around from 20 years ago, and governments produce nothing, not even property taxes.

Floridian

Orlando, FL

#24 Jul 28, 2012
Tsplost wrote:
<quoted text>
Folks are tired of more taxes being spent by wasteful governments. All one need do is look at what's going on and will see we have elected officials who are hell bent on taxing folks out of their homes so they can have all the perks of being in office.
The Lord giveth and the government taketh away.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#25 Jul 28, 2012
Tsplost wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know how the vote will go.
If the tax is defeated I will be glad. I will not crow about it as I consider many made an effort to defeat this tax. Mine was but one voice and mine was but one vote.
I learned long ago pride is not an attribute to cultivate so I take no pride if the tax fails. Some may but not I.
Tsplost may need to rise again if the Legislature (if the tax fails) decides to try again and have this tax voted on again in 2 years.
Government salaries and benefits today outstrip private business, a complete turn around from 20 years ago, and governments produce nothing, not even property taxes.
It's a shame that all citizens cannot see the true picture of todays Govt. Lamar and Obama are two of the worst.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#26 Jul 28, 2012
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text>Doez havin a tail bother yore self
I like having some tail, but then at your age I guess you wouldn't know about that.

“No news is good news!”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#27 Jul 28, 2012
Now see in your first post to me you said you would disappear in four days. Now you come back with a little jab, I am resiliant though it just spurs me on with more energy. I don't think you are crazy at all and I hope you continue with a passionate cause just change your name in four days. You've been mean to me but I tell you what you can come join me on the same wing while you are experiencing withdrawal fits and heck I won't jump ya bones ok, but I will throw in an old hound dog bone every now and then for you to occupy your time and chew on. I think I will keep my name and continue on but try my best not to appear in a box with you does that help? This forum needs a little mixing up every now and then don't you think.
Tsplost wrote:
<quoted text>
hey there escapee from the laurel woods insane asylum, your wish will come true.

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#28 Jul 28, 2012
Laurel Wood wrote:
Now see in your first post to me you said you would disappear in four days. Now you come back with a little jab, I am resiliant though it just spurs me on with more energy. I don't think you are crazy at all and I hope you continue with a passionate cause just change your name in four days. You've been mean to me but I tell you what you can come join me on the same wing while you are experiencing withdrawal fits and heck I won't jump ya bones ok, but I will throw in an old hound dog bone every now and then for you to occupy your time and chew on. I think I will keep my name and continue on but try my best not to appear in a box with you does that help? This forum needs a little mixing up every now and then don't you think.
<quoted text>
Why don't yore sweet self han iz gets in my creek han doez a little mixin ups, wes ken gets us some offen tham little juices han some biscuits han a couple of tham little green han yeller frawgs to licks on. Thet cool refreshin water a flowin overs our selves ons this here hot day. Just thinks hows good its will feels. Iz plays this here song fer you..

“Skin a Floridian”

Hiawassee, GA

#29 Jul 28, 2012
turniptown wrote:
<quoted text>Slow are you feeling okay? You seem a little off lately; now you are picking on the local"hillbillys". I agree however, most of our votes mean very little on the big stage.
Here you goes, somthan tos thinks bout..

&fe ature=related

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#30 Jul 28, 2012
Tsplost wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right. If every small town followed your advice and said "my vote is useless, so I'm not gonna vote", we could discount a huge percentage of the votes in this country which now only votes less than a 50% level as it is.
Also if not for politics and religion, yall could have a dead topix board in Blairsville as most other towns have dead boards.
Those dead boards are why we have slowpok posting here, turniptown from gilmer county posting here. Folks from florida posting here.
Heck, we get folks from all over posting on Blairsville topix because 1.)all the other boards are mostly dead, 2)the nutcases like our board because we respond to them, and 3) our own nutcases get a response also.
This forum normally has more people posting on it than atlanta's forum or the other big cities.

“No news is good news!”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#31 Jul 28, 2012
Slowpok, you are way off base. I don't want to get in the creek with you. I do not need to get high on any substance liquid or otherwise. You have selected that song for me one other time on Topix. No matter how you feel about women in general I am here to tell you that I am a lady and don't you forget that.
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't yore sweet self han iz gets in my creek han doez a little mixin ups, wes ken gets us some offen tham little juices han some biscuits han a couple of tham little green han yeller frawgs to licks on. Thet cool refreshin water a flowin overs our selves ons this here hot day. Just thinks hows good its will feels. Iz plays this here song fer you..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LL9O0B0gzZEXX

“Skin a Floridian”

Hiawassee, GA

#32 Jul 28, 2012
Laurel Wood wrote:
Slowpok, you are way off base. I don't want to get in the creek with you. I do not need to get high on any substance liquid or otherwise. You have selected that song for me one other time on Topix. No matter how you feel about women in general I am here to tell you that I am a lady and don't you forget that.
<quoted text>
OK!! Hows bout after the lights gos out?

“Skin a Floridian”

Hiawassee, GA

#33 Jul 28, 2012
Laurel Wood wrote:
<quoted text>
OOOHHHHH poor me, iz just so sad...Poor is me Iz jest cant understand you Girlie.....

&fe ature=related
Tsplost

Commerce, GA

#34 Jul 28, 2012
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text>OOOHHHHH poor me, iz just so sad...Poor is me Iz jest cant understand you Girlie.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =giGGK3Fk9coXX&feature=rel ated

Youse sounds like Gollum.

“Skin a Floridian”

Hiawassee, GA

#35 Aug 2, 2012
Hay!!! Youns is just a bunch offen Hillbillys, Throwed away Floridians han Yankees whats lost. For yore information ...the lection is over... why youns still abumpin yore gums. Youns is just a bunch of pollytickin Podunk Fools. Youns is a fussin over thangs what you cant change nohow. Why don't youns post somethang goods like hangin Floridians or figgerin outs how tos gets tham han the Yankees outta these Hills. Now thet is worth postin bout. "Help cleans Georgia up, Shoots an outlander." Has you Hillbillys taken times from yore pollytickn to look han see them long nosed outlanders whats been alookin ats this here topix thingie ins the last few days. Why thar was hundreds offen them a lookin in atryin to find a weakness soes they ken brings in their scummy selves ups here to takes advantage offen us hill folk han try tos ruin our ways offen liven whats so peacefuff han nice. Iz a warnin youns them flatlanders is all preverted scum and theys all awantin tos gets a peace offen whats wes gots. Gets yore noses han minds outta pollyticks han start protectin yore selves afore hits to late. Fly them rebel Flags han carry yore gun wiff yore self ats all times. Iffin yore selfs haint carefull wes will be swarmed wiff smelly outside riff raff.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#36 Aug 3, 2012
Slowpok wrote:
Hay!!! Youns is just a bunch offen Hillbillys, Throwed away Floridians han Yankees whats lost. For yore information ...the lection is over... why youns still abumpin yore gums. Youns is just a bunch of pollytickin Podunk Fools. Youns is a fussin over thangs what you cant change nohow. Why don't youns post somethang goods like hangin Floridians or figgerin outs how tos gets tham han the Yankees outta these Hills. Now thet is worth postin bout. "Help cleans Georgia up, Shoots an outlander." Has you Hillbillys taken times from yore pollytickn to look han see them long nosed outlanders whats been alookin ats this here topix thingie ins the last few days. Why thar was hundreds offen them a lookin in atryin to find a weakness soes they ken brings in their scummy selves ups here to takes advantage offen us hill folk han try tos ruin our ways offen liven whats so peacefuff han nice. Iz a warnin youns them flatlanders is all preverted scum and theys all awantin tos gets a peace offen whats wes gots. Gets yore noses han minds outta pollyticks han start protectin yore selves afore hits to late. Fly them rebel Flags han carry yore gun wiff yore self ats all times. Iffin yore selfs haint carefull wes will be swarmed wiff smelly outside riff raff.

I's thanking youse got rid of most of them, except for that Floridian fella.

supporter

Hoschton, GA

#37 Aug 3, 2012
Amos_1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I's thanking youse got rid of most of them, except for that Floridian fella.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#38 Aug 3, 2012
supporter wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=griMGY-JLvoXX

Your link does not work.

supporter

Hoschton, GA

#39 Aug 3, 2012
Thanx!!

“Skin a Floridian”

Hiawassee, GA

#40 Aug 29, 2012
Thangs is a lookin a little better wiff this here topix. Thays a few threads what haint pollyticks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) 58 min Linda Eldridge 397
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 1 hr voter 376
Cooks only shot Wed Trackrocker 8
BRMEMC Director Candidates Tue Curious is stupid 28
Full throttle Tue Apostle Paul 7
Where can I find a fresh meat market? Aug 22 Hanging Meat 5
Hillary Clinton for President ! Aug 20 dgd748 83

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance