First Prev
of 2
Next Last
uct

Paonia, CO

#1 Jun 18, 2012
I heard a new cell tower is now working off Pat Caldwell. Does anyone know the exact location and also a new tower has been approved for boy scout camp off boy scout rd When will it open? Thanks

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Jun 18, 2012
Wonder who owns these two. I understood that they had to be run in the paper before they were approved. You know Lamar fixed it so that the companies using them don't own them. They are owned by individuals or small companies set up to build them. I know Scotty Fain was in on the one up by the Humane Society.
Suds

Williston, SC

#3 Jun 18, 2012
Reb Blairsville wrote:
Wonder who owns these two. I understood that they had to be run in the paper before they were approved. You know Lamar fixed it so that the companies using them don't own them. They are owned by individuals or small companies set up to build them. I know Scotty Fain was in on the one up by the Humane Society.
Wondering how much the county permit costs for each cell tower???
No Conspiracy Here

Jefferson, GA

#4 Jun 18, 2012
Reb Blairsville wrote:
Reb, I see you still haven't lost your touch when it comes to lying and spreading rumors. The commissioner hasn't "fixed" anything when it comes to cell towers.

Most cell phone towers are not owned by the providers like Verizon, etc. There are several companies that build them and lease them to the cell phone companies. Local land owners or developers often work with those companies to find locations. So much for your typical conspiracy theory crap.

For those who want to actually use your brains, you can use the FCC web site to see registered towers:

http://wireless.fcc.gov/antenna/index.htm...
uct

Paonia, CO

#5 Jun 18, 2012
Have you looked at that web site unuseable to the ave joe

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#6 Jun 18, 2012
No Conspiracy Here wrote:
<quoted text>
Reb, I see you still haven't lost your touch when it comes to lying and spreading rumors. The commissioner hasn't "fixed" anything when it comes to cell towers.
Most cell phone towers are not owned by the providers like Verizon, etc. There are several companies that build them and lease them to the cell phone companies. Local land owners or developers often work with those companies to find locations. So much for your typical conspiracy theory crap.
For those who want to actually use your brains, you can use the FCC web site to see registered towers:
Your the one bring up a conspiracy. Lamar did create an ordinance that a company could not have it's own tower. They have to all use the same tower and Lamar has to give his OK. Now I don't know if any conspiracy exist or not. usually a bit dog hollers and since you did the hollering there must be something to it but what it is I don't know. Please fill us in and then we will all know. I do know that the spot that a tower was going to be placed was suppose to be in the paper prior to the meeting to approve. I was involved in the one I mentioned is the only way I knew the ropes but I do not know who owns the other towers in the county. For all I know you and Lamar may be parners in them.
Tsplost

New Boston, TX

#7 Jun 18, 2012
uct wrote:
Have you looked at that web site unuseable to the ave joe

unuseable to anyone.

Tsplost

New Boston, TX

#8 Jun 18, 2012
Tsplost wrote:
<quoted text>
unuseable to anyone.

actually it's pretty easy.

just click on registrations, and on the right side of next page enter the location data.
No Conspiracy Here

Jefferson, GA

#9 Jun 18, 2012
Reb Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>Your the one bring up a conspiracy. Lamar did create an ordinance that a company could not have it's own tower. They have to all use the same tower and Lamar has to give his OK. Now I don't know if any conspiracy exist or not. usually a bit dog hollers and since you did the hollering there must be something to it but what it is I don't know. Please fill us in and then we will all know. I do know that the spot that a tower was going to be placed was suppose to be in the paper prior to the meeting to approve. I was involved in the one I mentioned is the only way I knew the ropes but I do not know who owns the other towers in the county. For all I know you and Lamar may be parners in them.
Nice spin, I must say. You should get a job on Fox News.

The reason that cell companies are not allowed to own their own towers (which they often don't anyways) is so there will be co-location of different cell companies on each new tower. This keeps the number of unsightly towers in our area to a minimum.

And nope, don't own a single tower with Lamar. In fact, if you care to use the link I provided you can see exactly who owns cell towers in Union County. But that would be too taxing on your brain, I suppose.
Informed Opinion

Danielson, CT

#10 Jun 19, 2012
<quoted text>Nice spin, I must say. You should get a job on Fox News.

The reason that cell companies are not allowed to own their own towers (which they often don't anyways) is so there will be co-location of different cell companies on each new tower. This keeps the number of unsightly towers in our area to a minimum.

And nope, don't own a single tower with Lamar. In fact, if you care to use the link I provided you can see exactly who owns cell towers in Union County. But that would be too taxing on your brain, I suppose.
Poor, poor, abused multinational communication corporations, oh what will they do.
uct

Helen, GA

#11 Jun 19, 2012
Actually one of the towers is listed as being owned by The union county commisioner.
uct

Helen, GA

#12 Jun 19, 2012
771 shoe factory road
uct

Murphy, NC

#13 Jun 19, 2012
The date is 1999 so I guess the office ownwe it, not the person in office
WellSaid

Franklin, NC

#14 Jun 19, 2012
I do know that April of 2011, AT&T started upgrading their towers to 3G and for handling more data then voice. Our service has decreased greatly in an area where it worked great.
My contract is up soon and I can go to Verizon.
To Dumb to Measure

Blairsville, GA

#15 Jun 19, 2012
uct wrote:
Actually one of the towers is listed as being owned by The union county commisioner.
That's the tower at the Union County Fire Department, dumba*s. Get over yourself and learn to read.
in the dark

Stuart, FL

#16 Jun 19, 2012
<quoted text>
you are correct
tower help

Miamisburg, OH

#17 Oct 15, 2013
I have been approach to place a tower on my property. they are offering a 50 year lease for $xx or lump sum of $xx. does anybody have any suggestion of how i can find out if I am not getting rip off. The tower will be located in Blairsville. Help

Since: Sep 13

Murphy, NC

#18 Oct 15, 2013
What are they offering? You will have great cell service. What area of Union County?
William

Baldwin, GA

#19 Oct 15, 2013
tower help wrote:
I have been approach to place a tower on my property. they are offering a 50 year lease for $xx or lump sum of $xx. does anybody have any suggestion of how i can find out if I am not getting rip off. The tower will be located in Blairsville. Help
If Lamar is involved you will get ripped .
google

Broken Arrow, OK

#20 Oct 15, 2013
tower help wrote:

I would suggest you google "how much does cell towers pay for land usage"
You will get many hits that give you a wide spectrum on companies and some of the tricks of the trade. Also you might want to get an attorney to protect yourself in any contract you sign..

Prices can range from $100 a month to tens of thousands a month according to locations, usage of the towers, etc.

Here is a sample link that will give you a little idea of what's involved...

Don't forget, your land with a cell tower on it is virtually useless for any other uses you may wish to have for it ....

http://www.cell-tower-leases.com/Cell-Tower-L...

or

http://www.vertical-consultants.com/cell-towe...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Blairsville Restaurants 18 min Herman 22
What do you buy a Floridiot for Christmas? 4 hr Just a Thought 12
Loonie Liberals Wed Look 68
Wake up floridiots Naming your driveway is stupid. Mon Slowpoks Boy 101
Blue Ridge EMC (Dec '11) Dec 15 Some Public Infor... 78
We are #1 Dec 14 Bigot Buster 1
The Mark Of The Beast (Aug '11) Dec 12 tmv post 247

Blairsville News Video

Blairsville Dating
Find my Match