landlord

Dawsonville, GA

#23 Nov 22, 2013
Kiln wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you will need to find work and stay busy in order to have enough money to pay taxes in U.C.
Solution, just rent. There will be no property taxes, homeowner's insurance premium, or repair costs. Just pay the rent and enjoy life.
PHD

Maysville, GA

#24 Nov 22, 2013
landlord wrote:
<quoted text> Solution, just rent. There will be no property taxes, homeowner's insurance premium, or repair costs. Just pay the rent and enjoy life.
This is an uninformed statement. I was a landlord and I paid the taxes. This cost was passed on in the form of rent. True renters do not go to the tax office and pay, but they pay anyway in their rent.
Also the landlord pays taxes on the rent he receives as regular income. This is a popular misconception that renters get out of taxes but it is totally wrong. Whoever owns the property that is rented a pays the taxes.
My Thought

Blairsville, GA

#25 Nov 22, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an uninformed statement. I was a landlord and I paid the taxes. This cost was passed on in the form of rent. True renters do not go to the tax office and pay, but they pay anyway in their rent.
Also the landlord pays taxes on the rent he receives as regular income. This is a popular misconception that renters get out of taxes but it is totally wrong. Whoever owns the property that is rented a pays the taxes.
However, the owner of the rental house has a bunch of tax deductions, depreciations, etc., that a homeowner doesn't have.
My Thought

Blairsville, GA

#26 Nov 22, 2013
Your Sign wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest thing you need to watch out for is all these people on Topix. Remember that place in high school where the smokers hung out. And who was usually the smokers? Those are the same people that congregate here on Topix. Go talk to real people. Talk to the Chamber of Commerce. But take anything you get here with a huge dose of skepticism.
The last sentence just undermined what you earlier stated in the post. You "gave" and then said "all these people on Topix" and then told the person to take what's on Topix with skepticism. I'd say that a higher percentage of "real people" are on Topix than those that "advertise" the city and/or county. People on Topix have less reason to have an agenda then the advertisers do.
My Thought

Blairsville, GA

#27 Nov 22, 2013
How Sad wrote:
This is another example of why ACOG, MV and the people that do nothing but run down our community are tuned out, locked out and ignored. Union County is lucky to have dedicated leaders and citizens that freely contribute to our community for a better quality of life through their public and community service. What if ....the energy spent on tearing down this community and soliciting money for a 24 page propaganda paper was redirected to the children, those in need,and volunteering to the many community and civic groups this community.... I pray you find peace.
"Dedicated leaders?" To what? Themselves? "Better quality of life?" For whom? Themselves?
My Thought

Blairsville, GA

#28 Nov 22, 2013
In giving my response to the lady that's thinking about moving here --
It's not "one size fits all." If you don't care a lot about the good-ol'-boy-and-girl favortism, do-you-have-the-correct-last-n ame mentality, or have-you-married-into-a-family -with-the-correct-last-name mentality, or do-you-belong-to-the-proper-lo cal-church mentality, you'll do fine.

The county is experiencing "growing pains" as any county does when enough independent-minded people are becoming more prevalent. The local elitists want to keep control of what goes on and who is aware of what goes on. Those that have moved in have joined with those locals that have been on the outside looking in and didn't realize what's been going on (and had no way of finding out what's been going on) are gradually becoming more concerned in doing things the right way.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#29 Nov 22, 2013
My Thought wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
...People on Topix have less reason to have an agenda then the advertisers do.
On a scale of 1 to 10, with advertisers being 10, it would appear the Agenda level in this discussion is ..... 11.
klg

Jonesboro, GA

#30 Nov 22, 2013
Hi, this is the original poster. I have also considered Blue Ridge, but am leaning toward Blairsville because I want to attend college, and Young Harris is close by. The colleges near Atlanta has a culture that I do not like and do not fit into. I do not enjoy bars that much, only go a few times a year, and probably will rent. The crime rate is much worse here in Atlanta, and traffic is a snarling nightmare, no matter where you go. I just want to meet good people and make new friends as soon as possible, and know about the places to avoid. Of course, there may not be places like that in North Georgia, as there are in metro Atlanta. It will be a major improvement no matter where I move to in North Georgia!
Georgia Idiots

Aurora, OH

#31 Nov 22, 2013
klg wrote:
Hi, this is the original poster. I have also considered Blue Ridge, but am leaning toward Blairsville because I want to attend college, and Young Harris is close by. The colleges near Atlanta has a culture that I do not like and do not fit into. I do not enjoy bars that much, only go a few times a year, and probably will rent. The crime rate is much worse here in Atlanta, and traffic is a snarling nightmare, no matter where you go. I just want to meet good people and make new friends as soon as possible, and know about the places to avoid. Of course, there may not be places like that in North Georgia, as there are in metro Atlanta. It will be a major improvement no matter where I move to in North Georgia!
Can definitely understand why you would want to leave Atlanta and yes Blairsville would be better then there.
Bears Way

Hollywood, FL

#32 Nov 22, 2013
klg wrote:
Hi, this is the original poster. I have also considered Blue Ridge, but am leaning toward Blairsville because I want to attend college, and Young Harris is close by. The colleges near Atlanta has a culture that I do not like and do not fit into. I do not enjoy bars that much, only go a few times a year, and probably will rent. The crime rate is much worse here in Atlanta, and traffic is a snarling nightmare, no matter where you go. I just want to meet good people and make new friends as soon as possible, and know about the places to avoid. Of course, there may not be places like that in North Georgia, as there are in metro Atlanta. It will be a major improvement no matter where I move to in North Georgia!
Looks like a good plan, Young Harris College is also a good school. Your beginnings are great choices. When you get a chance go to Rhe Grill at
The community center in Blairsville. Very nice people collect there.
run like heck

Dawsonville, GA

#33 Nov 22, 2013
Dude try Dahlonega. Awesome college town. Nice people. Better government. Heck better everything. It's on the east side of the mountain ridge. Around here we call that the right side of the tracks. Blairsville is what we call the wrong side of tracks. You can thank me later. Blairsville is for the dogs.
Bears Way

Hollywood, FL

#34 Nov 22, 2013
run like heck wrote:
Dude try Dahlonega. Awesome college town. Nice people. Better government. Heck better everything. It's on the east side of the mountain ridge. Around here we call that the right side of the tracks. Blairsville is what we call the wrong side of tracks. You can thank me later. Blairsville is for the dogs.
She is a lady not a Dude. Blairsville is a perfect fit.
Carlos

Baldwin, GA

#35 Nov 23, 2013
Bears Way wrote:
<quoted text> She is a lady not a Dude. Blairsville is a perfect fit.
First part true . Second part do not agree . Would not wish living in Blairsville on anyone . Most corrupt county in Georgia .
just my opinion

Blairsville, GA

#36 Nov 23, 2013
run like heck wrote:
Dude try Dahlonega. Awesome college town. Nice people. Better government. Heck better everything. It's on the east side of the mountain ridge. Around here we call that the right side of the tracks. Blairsville is what we call the wrong side of tracks. You can thank me later. Blairsville is for the dogs.
Dahlonega is a great place with a great college. If I were going to rent, I'd rent in the city of Dahlonega somewhat near the college and be able to walk to the college. You can use its swimming pool, etc. In the late 90s, Lumpkin County had the same problem in changing as Union County has now. However, the change for the better came about quicker in Lumpkin County than it will in Union County because that county's local paper printed a lot of what was going on. Lumpkin County had a sole commissioner (some say that type of government is similar to a dictatorship). The county eventually elected a local person and he created several civic groups to advise him and to get the citizens' opinions. He later put on the ballot and let the citizens decide if they wanted to have a commission-type government, rather than a sole-commissioner type. That man is now a state senator.
Melvin

Pendergrass, GA

#37 Nov 23, 2013
California is the place you want to be.

So, load up the truck and move to Beverly, Hills that is. Swimmin pools, movie stars..........
You are an idiot

Atlanta, GA

#38 Nov 23, 2013
Carlos wrote:
<quoted text>First part true . Second part do not agree . Would not wish living in Blairsville on anyone . Most corrupt county in Georgia .
Please give me facts and the source of them that solidify your conjecture.
Carlos

Baldwin, GA

#39 Nov 23, 2013
Lamar`s records if you can read .
Carlos

Baldwin, GA

#40 Nov 23, 2013
You are an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Please give me facts and the source of them that solidify your conjecture.
Would be happy to compare IQ`s .
Carlos

Baldwin, GA

#41 Nov 23, 2013
You must be the same idiot degrading the BIBLE .
Marvelous

Cleveland, GA

#42 Nov 29, 2013
You will love it. Small town feeling, great food, good outdoor ventures and the nicest people you will ever meet. Young Harris is a great college, small but big on the Arts and great faculty and staff. Whatever you choose; rent or own you won't regret your move.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
head pub in jail?? 2 hr redimix 55
The blairsville dopewhore 2 hr Del So Ray 2
Time To Clean Up Union County 4 hr redimix 241
Snow plow road needed 17 hr trail90 4
Dogs riding in Walmart GROCERY Shopping Carts (Jul '14) Wed Rcflyer007 61
BRMEMC minutes of Board Meeting Wed My Thought 3
Our New Sheriffs Dept (Jan '13) Tue Rather Have 999

Blairsville News Video

Blairsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:39 pm PST

NFL 4:39PM
Steven Jackson released by Falcons after two seasons
Bleacher Report 4:43 PM
Steven Jackson Cut by Falcons: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction
ESPN 4:52 PM
Falcons part ways with veteran RB Jackson
Yahoo! Sports 5:26 PM
Atlanta Falcons cut RB Steven Jackson
Yahoo! Sports 5:36 PM
Falcons release veteran running back Steven Jackson